Rate Barack Obama's Presidency

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Since Obama's term is coming to an end soon, what are your overall thoughts on his presidency? Vote in the poll and discuss below!

Ursumeles
Worse than Sheev's, tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
That's a hard run to follow though tbh.

carthage
Mediocre

Looking back from 2008 to the ending of Obama's term for me is somewhat of a mixed bag for me, especially as I had high hopes for him as the Bush-era was coming to its end. I was 18 when I first voted for him and my first vote in my life was the logical conclusion of 8 years of Bush's endless wars and assault on American civil liberties. I remember the day he defeated Mccain talking to a friend of mine on AIM, and we felt like we were apart of something great. A month or so after January when he reneged on his promise to shut down GITMO (still open after 8 years!), I knew something was up when failed on that promise.

Of course that was the first and relatively minor ****up from the Obama years, afterwards we got the bailouts, the surge of troops in Iraq/Afghanistan, Obama's increase in deportations, failing to address Illegal immigration, allowing the NSA to spy on American citizens, extrajudicial killings, a mixed bag of healthcare reform, an undeclared war on Libya, the logical consequence of Obama's surge in Iraq i,e ISIS, and an economy that hasn't fully picked up yet. So needless to say at best he hasn't done much if anything at all, and in some areas has even continued Bush era policies. So looking back on my decision to vote for him its a choice I regret, even if the alternative to Obama was Mccain. I can't really see anything he's done for the better, perhaps the economy has picked up slightly since Obama took office (I'm not aware of the exact stats, something minor like a couple hundred thousand jobs I'm sure), the ACA is beneficial for some classes, as well as relaxing of relations with Cuba/. But for all the Hope and Change that he rode his popularity on in 2008, the Antiwar vote that elected him, and the dreams of millennials that helped get Obama into office- I personally feel as though he's done more harm than good.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Worse than Sheev's, tbh.

So it's treason then?

jaden101
Mediocre. He was pretty ineffectual at getting done what he wanted to do in part because of the increasing polarisation of the house and not having a Democrat majority.

I think this will only get worse for whoever is the next president as neither candidates command any sort of bipartisan support at all.

Stigma
Somewhere in the realm of mediocrate to bad, with a possibility of going down to terrible once the history and next generations will start to rate him with a clearer perspective in mind.

riv6672
There's not a "not bad" option, so imma go with "good".

Jaden made a couple of good points a few posts above, but i grade on a curve, so couldnt vote "mediocre".

ArtificialGlory
Mediocre at the absolute best. In my eyes, he has failed on 3 very important points:
1) Failed to end the insane 'War on Drugs';
2) Not only did he not stop the NSA spying shenanigans, he actually expanded it;
3) Failed to close Gitmo.

Fated Xtasy
I feel he's always attacked. For all his failures he has been pretty influential in piecing back together our fractured economy, pulled our Troops out of Iraq, took down Osama Bin Laden and while his successes may be counted with a single hand, they are very critical and impressive achievements.

At least in my opinion.

Kurk
Passed two of the most stupid laws in the eyes of an automobile enthusiast regarding the EPA:

Cash for clunkers

and

Fuel efficiency standards (though this one wasn't technically a law)

And then there is the cancer obamacare.

In fact, the only positive thing I can remember Obama doing was opening up relations with Cuba. That's it.

riv6672
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I feel he's always attacked. For all his failures he has been pretty influential in piecing back together our fractured economy, pulled our Troops out of Iraq, took down Osama Bin Laden and while his successes may be counted with a single hand, they are very critical and impressive achievements.

At least in my opinion.
Thats why i grade on a curve.

kevdude
Obama opening relations with a dictatorship is not positive... He's been a terrible president, racist, sexist, huge big govnt, is okay with low interest rates that harm the economy and is creating another bubble bigger then the housing bubble as we speak, the debt doubled under him. The only thing good he did was take out bin Laden. He has set America back decades.

Astner
Obama waged seven wars on false grounds decimating prosperous and stable nations, armed and trained terrorists groups like al-Qaeda and al-Nusra and indirectly gave rise to ISIL, and he's responsible for over 20 million deaths. As far as internal affairs are concerned he filled his cabinet with hedge fund-managers from Wall Street and gave in to the insurance- and pharmaceutical lobbyists and turned the Affordable Care Act into a f*cking extortion racket; all this while adding nine trillion USD to your national debt.

How any of you can call him anything but terrible baffles me. I honestly can't think of a single thing he's done that has turned out well.

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Mediocre at the absolute best. In my eyes, he has failed on 3 very important points:
1) Failed to end the insane 'War on Drugs';
2) Not only did he not stop the NSA spying shenanigans, he actually expanded it;
3) Failed to close Gitmo.

#1 especially pisses me off. When Bill Maher brought up marijuana to him this shithead just began talking about opioids.

NewGuy01
A little better than "bad" first term, a little worse than "good" second term. "Mediocre+" overall, far from the worst but couldn't be considered a great.

Surtur
He certainly had a spectacular failure when it comes to the prospect of the first black president improving race relations in this country.

|King Joker|
Do you guys think he's been better or worse than Bill Clinton?

Surtur
Originally posted by |King Joker|

Hmm, what was our debt situation like when Obama took office..compared to what our debt situation looks like now?

|King Joker|
I mean, we did have a surpluss when Bill left.

|King Joker|
Why Carter > Obama?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by |King Joker|

Ehh, probably worse. That being said, a lot of the shit Obama had to deal with was Bill's fault.

Kurk
Bill was better but not by much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.