Canon Maul != Legends Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Just a PSA.

Fated Xtasy
The only thing these two have in common is that they both need to die

TenebrousWay
Canonic failure vs legendary failure?

JKBart
i like redheads and blondes

Darth Thor
Originally posted by JKBart

Ursumeles
Originally posted by JKBart
I like brunettes more.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I like brunettes more.

thumb up

DarthDuelist9
Canon Maul and Legends Maul are naturally connected trough the fact that his survival and stuff is all covered in canon.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Canon Maul and Legends Maul are naturally connected trough the fact that his survival and stuff is all covered in canon.

The difference between the two though is, we don't know what training he went through in Canon in his past.

Legends we do, Canon we don't....so no they aren't really the same.

By that I mean, details of what his training. We know he was trained by Sidious, but that's literally it.

FreshestSlice
No one needed to be told this.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Zenwolf
The difference between the two though is, we don't know what training he went through in Canon in his past.

Legends we do, Canon we don't....so no they aren't really the same.

By that I mean, details of what his training. We know he was trained by Sidious, but that's literally it.

Well things like Wrath of Darth Maul were written for his return in TCW S4, so considering canon Maul = TCW Maul I think you can expect the same kind of training until this would be contradicted. However canon does add the fact that Maul was trained to eventually takeover the RoT.

Rebel95
Legends Maul clone nearly beat Vader

Kurk
Originally posted by Rebel95
Legends Maul clone nearly beat Vader
He basically did really

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No one needed to be told this.

I beg to differ, given the number of people trying to lowball Maul in legends matchups through canon feats.

FreshestSlice
TCW is also Legends, smart one.

The Ellimist
Source?

In either case, the Maul lowballing comes from Rebels.

FreshestSlice
Because TCW existed in the old EU and has spin offs in Legends? That's like saying the movies aren't Legends as well. What a stupid question. And nah. We've been lowballing Maul for years.

The Ellimist
That's like saying the movies aren't Legends as well.

I've got some news for you...

The "Maul Dies" movement is new.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I've got some news for you...

The movies and TCW are valid to both continuities. Keep that semantics shit.

It's really not.

The Ellimist
The movies and TCW are valid to both continuities. Keep that semantics shit.

Ask Tempest about it. Leland Chee did not incorporate the movies into Legends. thumb up

Find me three Bane-dies style troll threads on Maul from before August. thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Find me three Bane-dies style troll threads on Maul from before August. thumb up

Before August would be easy. It's since that damn Rebels episode where Kanan beat Maul

The Ellimist
^ oh, right

cs_zoltan
Don't be so salty El. People might think you care.

relentless1
of course the movies are valid in canon and legends, what the hell would the legends be based around if not the films and TV shows??

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
of course the movies are valid in canon and legends, what the hell would the legends be based around if not the films and TV shows??

Legends seems to follow the movie novelisations rather than the actual movies.

FreshestSlice
The movie novelisations were always second to the movies, so that doesn't even make any sense.

Emperordmb
Yeah the people who say Novels>Movies in any continuity make no sense.

Darth Thor
The novelisation version of the films simply align more with Legends, probably because they are part of Legends. Whereas The actual films are Canon.

As far as I understand the new system, everything's now either Canon or Legends. I've not heard of the movies being both, but I might be wrong on that.

Ziggystardust
Maul basically sux all round.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.