What happens to Obamacare?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Does it get repealed? If so, what are the Republicans going to replace it with?

Time-Immemorial
Are you going to keep making these stupid threads?

Kurk
Yes it will be repealed. We will go back to private insurance. Doctors will stop quitting their jobs due to salary cuts and increased work hours. Sad to think that the group of people who sacrificed 10+ years of their lives after highschool to pursue medicine are being marginalized. I will be optimistic about pursuing dentistry for my career.

This is great.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Are you going to keep making these stupid threads?

A thread about national healthcare policy is stupid? confused

Oh, right - you think any thread that's actually substantive and not another one of your click-baits is dumb or something.

carthage
Legitimately I can only see the Democrats trying to filibuster a repeal. Now with the RNC in charge of the house and senate, there is a good shot of it being repealed.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Kurk
Yes it will be repealed. We will go back to private insurance. Doctors will stop quitting their jobs due to salary cuts and increased work hours. Sad to think that the group of people who sacrificed 10+ years of their lives after highschool to pursue medicine are being marginalized. I will be optimistic about pursuing dentistry for my career.

This is great.

There are people who can afford coverage under it that wouldn't otherwise be able to, particularly those with pre-existing conditions.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by The Ellimist
A thread about national healthcare policy is stupid? confused

Oh, right - you think any thread that's actually substantive and not another one of your click-baits is dumb or something.

Of coarse its going to be replaced, thats why its a stupid thread.

Time-Immemorial
There are people who can afford coverage under it that wouldn't otherwise be able to, particularly those with pre-existing conditions.

You dont even know what you are talking about, just like you didn't know what you were talking about with the election.

Kurk
There are people who can afford coverage under it that wouldn't otherwise be able to, particularly those with pre-existing conditions. and increases premiums for everyone else. Gotta penalize everyone for a few, right?

Time-Immemorial
and increases premiums for everyone else. Gotta penalize everyone for a few, right?

Liberal logic.

The Ellimist
Of coarse its going to be replaced, thats why its a stupid thread.

Key question is what it will be replaced by. That's a substantive issue, which is probably why you can't grasp it.

You dont even know what you are talking about, just like you didn't know what you were talking about with the election.

I thought you said the polls were rigged?

Time-Immemorial
You were wrong, you thought she was going to win, nice trying to get around it.

The DNC admitted on tape they were rigging the election.

Hillary didn't win, deal with it.

You can't predict what I was going to say, any more then you tried to predict Hillary would win.

You lost

Robtard
Does it get repealed? If so, what are the Republicans going to replace it with?

Imo, they'll repeal and replace it with a repackaged on the outside ACA that is largely the same and call themselves saviors. Least I hope the Right isn't really okay with the poor and people with prexisting conditions suffering because they can no longer get affordable access to insulin shots and the like.

But's all he's really said was "something better", so who knows, we'll have to wait and see. Feel bad for people that need the ACA, the uncertainty they're feeling right now must suck.

The Ellimist
and increases premiums for everyone else. Gotta penalize everyone for a few, right?

So you're against emergency hospital services by that same logic? Lmao.

Surtur
So you're against emergency hospital services by that same logic? Lmao.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/4AyLscUZgP8S4/200_s.gif

snowdragon

You just described insurance, not just the ACA. Bunch people together, gather premiums into a trust to pay claims, spread the cost out over the premium base.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Imo, they'll repeal and replace it with a repackaged on the outside ACA that is largely the same and call themselves saviors.

Be a bit more fair. Trump has pointed out specific problems with the ACA and specific solutions that even liberals agree with.

If he keeps it largely the same but patches up even 3 of the major holes, why shouldn't it be counted as a victory for him? This is pretty much what he's said on multiple occasions, too.

Least I hope the Right isn't really okay with the poor and people with prexisting conditions suffering because they can no longer get affordable access to insulin shots and the like.

Well, in my opinion, insulin and the things you need to pay for it are affordable, completely out of pocket.

And based on how the ACA plans work, you would save much more money JUST NOT BUYING a plan and paying for your insulin and medicine. Isn't that ridiculous?

What about actually having the plan? Well, then there's the stupidly ridiculously high deductible (money you have to pay out of pocket before your plan kicks in and starts paying out to cover your expenses) that you have to meet. So you're basically far far far far better off just not buying the piece of shit plan to begin with. But if you don't buy it? Guess what...you get a huge fine.

Remember when ACA was just about passed and I read through 900+ pages (at the time, the draft of it was over 900 pages (not including indices)) and I pointed out 8 glaring problems with the ACA on Facebook? I knew this legislation was shit before he become law. And sometimes people, and I even bought into it, tried to say that the GOP sabotaged the ACA and ruined the best parts. But that's just not true. The bad parts of the ACA were not things the GOP forced into it. It was stuff dem idiots put into it.

But's all he's really said was "something better", so who knows, we'll have to wait and see. Feel bad for people that need the ACA, the uncertainty they're feeling right now must suck.

He has specifically talked about solutions such as opening the markets and forcing competition: one of the biggest problems with how ACA is handled, now. He has talked about giving people tax breaks for their plan costs. He talked about price transparency from insurance providers so we can quickly call out corruption, artitifical costs, etc. (increase oversight). And he's mentioned black-grant medicaid to states. Where did I hear all of these things? In the debates with Hillary. There are other things he probably mentioned outside the debates and I may be forgetting 2 or 3 other things he said in those debates.

But he was specific about the problems. And he mentioned specific solutions.

Lucius
Obamacare will be repealed and replaced with something cooked up by Paul Ryan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dadudemon
Be a bit more fair. Trump has pointed out specific problems with the ACA and specific solutions that even liberals agree with.

If he keeps it largely the same but patches up even 3 of the major holes, why shouldn't it be counted as a victory for him? This is pretty much what he's said on multiple occasions, too.

Well, in my opinion, insulin and the things you need to pay for it are affordable, completely out of pocket.

And based on how the ACA plans work, you would save much more money JUST NOT BUYING a plan and paying for your insulin and medicine. Isn't that ridiculous?

What about actually having the plan? Well, then there's the stupidly ridiculously high deductible (money you have to pay out of pocket before your plan kicks in and starts paying out to cover your expenses) that you have to meet. So you're basically far far far far better off just not buying the piece of shit plan to begin with. But if you don't buy it? Guess what...you get a huge fine.

Remember when ACA was just about passed and I read through 900+ pages (at the time, the draft of it was over 900 pages (not including indices)) and I pointed out 8 glaring problems with the ACA on Facebook? I knew this legislation was shit before he become law. And sometimes people, and I even bought into it, tried to say that the GOP sabotaged the ACA and ruined the best parts. But that's just not true. The bad parts of the ACA were not things the GOP forced into it. It was stuff dem idiots put into it.

He has specifically talked about solutions such as opening the markets and forcing competition: one of the biggest problems with how ACA is handled, now. He has talked about giving people tax breaks for their plan costs. He talked about price transparency from insurance providers so we can quickly call out corruption, artitifical costs, etc. (increase oversight). And he's mentioned black-grant medicaid to states. Where did I hear all of these things? In the debates with Hillary. There are other things he probably mentioned outside the debates and I may be forgetting 2 or 3 other things he said in those debates.

But he was specific about the problems. And he mentioned specific solutions. thumb up

dadudemon
I'd like to offer a correction: block-grants to states not "black-grants to states." But it does seem inappropriately funny.

carthage
McConnell stated its on their priority list for a repeal.

Wonder if Trump is going to change some parts of it, or nix it entirely

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/mcconnell-border-wall/

The Ellimist
Originally posted by dadudemon

But he was specific about the problems. And he mentioned specific solutions.

If the creators are credible, I usually reserve some benefit of doubt that there's a catch or nuance somewhere.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.