Everything Obama has done, will be undone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Obamacare- gone
Iran deal- Ripped to shreds
TPP- Dead in the Water
NAFTA Down and or severely re negotiated
NATO: Pay Up
EPA: Gone with the Wind
Trade: Pro America
Tax Cuts comingthumb up

Supreme Court back to the right

BackFire
Out of all of those, the one that is potentially the most devastating for American citizens is Obamacare going, especially if he doesn't replace it with something that guarantees people who were unfortunate enough to have a pre-existing condition won't be discriminated against by health insurance companies.

Yes, prices will drop for healthy people, but other people do legitimately need Obamacare to live.

Time-Immemorial
Trump's got thisthumb up

He said "repeal and replace."

BackFire
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I would stop worrying about it. Trump's got thisthumb up

Does he? As far as I know his only real idea for healthcare is to allow purchasing insurance across statelines, which is fine, but that won't help people with preexisting conditions.

Time-Immemorial
We can get into the weeds later, in fact, I dont really have to debate any of this anymore, Trump's got it.

Trump also didnt get us into 7 different wars. We can use that on health care now.

BackFire
I fear that's the attitude that Trump himself will have.

Is that his plan for healthcare? Spend the money that we would have spent on wars on it? Does he actually have a plan? A sincere question.

Time-Immemorial
I say Trumps got it, you say thats the attitude he will have, then yes I agree. As far as the rest, I am not the president. If you wanted to really know his policies you would look them up, you are asking me to debate you now, Im not going to do it. You are already angling he is going to fail based on nothing. And he hasn't even taken office yet.

BackFire
Well I am "angling" on his failure on this particular topic because he has not ever really stated what the "replace" part of his repeal and replace rhetoric is. And I have looked up his actual policy on this some months ago, and just did again, and in neither case do I really see anything that will functionally guarantee people with preexisting conditions would be protected from discrimination from the insurance companies.

Time-Immemorial
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

thumb up

BackFire
Yes I was just looking at that. And as I said, nothing really speaks directly to people with preexisting conditions.

Time-Immemorial
Its not my fault or Trumps Obamacare has fallen apart and trump has to clean it up

BackFire
No, but it will be Trump's fault if his cleanup involves leaving millions of people who need to see doctors and who need medicine without the ability to purchase insurance that would allow them to do those things.

Time-Immemorial
Ok sure, he is already guilty he has not even done, Im not playing this game bro, sorry. You can have the last word on this one.

BackFire
Well there is nothing in his stated plan that will stop that from happening, and the republicans have not put out anything themselves that would effectively protect the people with preexisting conditions, hence why I am concerned by this.

But to move on from the uncomfortable position of you not being capable of discussing Trump's actual policies, personally, I'm not even sure a full repeal will happen. I would not be surprised at all if him and the republicans end up just making tweaks to the bill, maybe some significant ones, to get it more towards their end of the idealogical spectrum.

I hope that's the case, if he can tweak the bill to the point of continuing it to allow people with preexisting conditions to get coverage while also lowering the prices then I think that'd be a win for everyone.

Time-Immemorial
It's 5am and you want to do this, nah I think I'll take the win and sleep and talk about it tomorrow. The fact you want to sit up all night discussing hypotheticals is none sense ATM. I can sleep well knowing we can all talk about this at a later time like tomorrow.

BackFire
Good night. And I do sincerely hope your guy does a good job in office.

Time-Immemorial
Thanks man means a lot

Stigma
https://i.imgflip.com/n09ky.jpg

Stigma
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obamas-legacy-on-the-line-with-trump-win/2016/11/09/d0d51b60-a69a-11e6-ba59-a7d93165c6d4_story.html

The Ellimist
I get the feeling that most people who oppose the Iran deal have no idea what it actually says.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.