How good will a Trump Presidency actually be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
Will he Make America Great Again?

The Ellimist
I'm honestly unsure of whether he'll actually be like the Trump we saw campaigning.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ahahahahaxyz
You mean, the media lied to you? Because a lot of people were telling you that....

Uh, no, I mean Trump may have lied. Or not, we'll see.

JKBart
better than clinton's
which doesn't say much

Surtur
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Uh, no, I mean Trump may have lied. Or not, we'll see.

I also have a feeling that Trump isn't going to rock the boat as much as he has led us to believe.

Beniboybling
Will he be a good prez tho?

ares834
I'm hoping so. But I expect he will be the worst in modern history.

riv6672
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Well, like one of my running buddies pointed out this morning, as scuzzy a human being as he is (and always has been), he didnt NEED to be President, he WANTED to. He must honestly think he can help the country.
Whether he does or not...

Lestov16
With the GOP having control over the entire 3 branches, I'm expecting a Nordic Dominionist theocracy. I'm going to enjoy these last 2 months like it's the last of my life. Being a black man with a mother on Section 8, a gay brother, and a Muslim father, I may have to join a revolution if it forms, in which case, it just may be last 2 months.

I always said that under Hillary we would undergo an apocalyptic nuclear war with Russia and with Trump we would undergo an apocalyptic civil war. With Trump and the GOP run federal government trying to institute their conservative white-supremacist ideals on an increasingly liberal minority public, I feel that a second civil war is inevitable at this point. One that combined with Trumps inexperience and the wave of Islamic attacks that will now occur by Muslims who will be pissed that Trump wants to ban them, is going to lead to America's downfall and infrastructural collapse into third world country conditions.

Bashar Teg
all i can do at this point is hope that trump was just wearing his WWE heel-mask to sell his brand to an unclaimed demographic. i can only speculate that all his islamophobic rhetoric, retweeted anti semetic (((dog-whistling))), frivolous legal threats, abortion stance, and overall toxicity was just a ploy to plant his flag on top of mt everest, notch his belt, and ride out the next 4 years as an overall useless president. I'm surprisingly assured of this and it's the thought that allowed me to get some sleep.

Surtur

It's hard to say. I'm certainly not one of those people who think he will launch nukes and start WW3 and stuff like that. On the other hand, I'm also not one of those people who think he will make America great again.

I think he has the potential to be..mediocre.

Also I really think the White House staff need to just prevent him from ever using Twitter.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Lestov16
With the GOP having control over the entire 3 branches, I'm expecting a Nordic Dominionist theocracy. I'm going to enjoy these last 2 months like it's the last of my life. Being a black man with a mother on Section 8, a gay brother, and a Muslim father, I may have to join a revolution if it forms, in which case, it just may be last 2 months.

I always said that under Hillary we would undergo an apocalyptic civil war with Russia and with Trump we would undergo an apocalyptic civil war. With Trump and the GOP run federal government trying to institute their conservative white-supremacist ideals on an increasingly liberal minority public, I feel that a second civil war is inevitable at this point. One that combined with Trumps inexperience and the wave of Islamic attacks that will now occur by Muslims who will pissed that Trump wants to ban them, is going to lead to America's downfall and infrastructural collapse into third world country conditions. I guess you'll be going for the bottom option then.

|King Joker|
Honestly, I wouldn't be as worried if Democrats at least got the Senate and Trump picked a relatively sane V.P.

Regardless, Trump will be an utter disaster and an embarrassment to America on the world stage. I'm legitimately ashamed to be associated with this country right now.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Honestly, I wouldn't be as worried if Democrats at least got the Senate and Trump picked a relatively sane V.P.

Regardless, Trump will be an utter disaster and an embarrassment to America on the world stage. I'm legitimately ashamed to be associated with this country right now.
thumb up The fact that the republicans control ****ing everything, and that even if Trump gets assassinated or impeached we're still stuck with a ****ing lunatic is disturbing.

Surtur
Yeah, but we all should have been legitimately ashamed even if Hilary did win.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up The fact that the republicans control ****ing everything, and that even if Trump gets assassinated or impeached we're still stuck with a ****ing lunatic is disturbing.

its frightening. all we can do is wish 4 years of good health on trump.

Surtur
I think people are being a bit too dramatic at this point.

Bashar Teg
nah man, pence is scary.

Surtur
I think you might be surprised by how little change happens.

Emperordmb
The republicans control every aspect of government, and I disagree with republicans on how conservative they are on social issues, I think healthcare should be a human right, a lot of republicans don't think we should change how environmentally friendly we are and believe climate change is a myth for some reason, I believe non-violent crimes should have less harsh sentences and that criminal justice in general should be more based around rehabilitation instead of punishment, I want weed legalized, etc.

I don't think the world is going to end, but the fact that republicans control every aspect for at least the next two years means I see little to no progress being made on these issues, and potentially see these issues being made worse. That's why this disturbs me so much.

Best case scenario is nothing changes, which still sucks because I have to wait at least two years for any form of progress.

Tzeentch
I agree that Pence and the House/Senate remaining conservative are in a way more frightening then Trump himself. All the checks and balances built into our Government have essentially been unlocked.

Beniboybling
The Republicans do indeed have some terrifying positions.

wakkawakkawakka
So at The very least The Republicans will have 2 years of fun holding things down but that still leaves The question of what Trump would actually do.

Bashar Teg
i believe that the first indicator of his post-election attitude will be in how he handles marijuana legalization in cali/nev/mass as well as already legalized states. people seem to forget how easy it was for the fed to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries by force, based on an archaic federal drug classification which is still in place.

Beniboybling
inb4 he rolls back gun laws.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i believe that the first indicator of his post-election attitude will be in how he handles marijuana legalization in cali/nev/mass as well as already legalized states. people seem to forget how easy it was for the fed to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries by force, based on an archaic federal drug classification which is still in place.

If he'd legalize MJ or even completely ended the war on drugs, I'd be quite happy with his presidency...assuming he doesn't cause more wars.

dadudemon
The number of "worst presidency in American history" votes in this thread is quite telling of all the butthurt. Holy shit...it's not going to be that terrible. erm

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
The number of "worst presidency in American history" votes in this thread is quite telling of all the butthurt. Holy shit...it's not going to be that terrible. erm

Yeah, people just aren't thinking.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by dadudemon
The number of "worst presidency in American history" votes in this thread is quite telling of all the butthurt. Holy shit...it's not going to be that terrible. erm Famous last words.

Quincy
The amount of people genuinely frightened for their rights is telling.

wakkawakkawakka
I do feel that the fate of the US-Iran Nuclear deal should also be a concern once Trump officially takes office.

Though I guess there's a silver lining in this in that America will finally realize that it has to change to prevent elections like this from taking place in the future. I'd like to hope that America would change for the better of at the very least the Republican controlled House and Senate don't shake things up too much.

Surtur
Originally posted by Quincy
The amount of people genuinely frightened for their rights is telling.

I know, who knew so many people were this stupid?

This is like the time people thought they could survive a nuclear bomb by ducking under their desk and covering their head.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I agree that Pence and the House/Senate remaining conservative are in a way more frightening then Trump himself. All the checks and balances built into our Government have essentially been unlocked.

That's not what checks and balances mean.

Having a certain political party in power does not eliminate the system of checks and balances. The checks and balances is not a phrase that describes congress and how the parties interact with each other. It describes how the 3 branches of the government check each other and balance each other's power.

Congress is supposed to balance the president by overriding his vetoes. The president uses his veto to keep bills from becoming laws.

Laws that are made that are unconstitutional are supposed to be struck down by the Supreme Court.

For example.

So if congress and the executive branch are from the same political party, that still doesn't give them unfettered control over all of the US Government.

Additionally, Trump has been quite anti-GOP at times and his polarizing behavior is going to make it difficult for them to have and easy all-powerful path to absolute domination.

Surtur
Awesome, just awesome.

Quincy
Originally posted by Surtur
I know, who knew so many people were this stupid?

This is like the time people thought they could survive a nuclear bomb by ducking under their desk and covering their head.

Why are they stupid?

You've got a fundamentalist christian vice president. How do you think rights for the LGBT community will be handled?

Surtur
Originally posted by Quincy
Why are they stupid?

You've got a fundamentalist christian vice president. How do you think rights for the LGBT community will be handled?

You're right, the LGBT community better start adapting ways to make their homes immune to arrows that have been set ablaze. I hear those things burn really quickly.

NewGuy01
What's Trump going to do?

Nominate at least one Supreme Court Justice.

|King Joker|
Here's hoping Trump is a secret liberal lol

Stigma
LOL

Surtur

From the amount of crying I've seen today? Hell yeah they must. Must be super scary people.

This is a lot of tears, I saw 3 children just get swept away by it in the street. I mean it's a shame, you win some..you lose some.

Surtur
On the bright side I didn't have to water my plants today.

wakkawakkawakka
Wouldn't all of the salt be harmful to their growth?

Surtur
Nooooooo!!!!

Why do the good die young? I guess every victory has its sacrifice.

Surtur
They died how they lived, cold, wet, and in the ground.

Every rose must have it's thorn, and this thorn has hit..my heart sad

#NeverTheSameAgain

dadudemon
Aaahahahahahaha

Hillary lost.

I just realized this. Such a damn good feeling.

Beniboybling
From the amount of crying I've seen today? Hell yeah they must. Must be super scary people.

This is a lot of tears, I saw 3 children just get swept away by it in the street. I mean it's a shame, you win some..you lose some. Believing coal to be a clean source of energy, climate change a myth, and conversion therapy for gay people a good thing are among some pretty scary positions yeah, but perhaps "f*cking retarded" is a better, more accurate term.

Beniboybling
Oh and I forgot they want to repeal same-sex marriage, yah.

Surtur
I already put a bit of salt in my soup bro, I don't need anymore from your tears.

Say, you think the DNC is kicking themselves over the whole "dick Bernie Sanders out of the election" thing?

Beniboybling
Me salty? I made a statement, you contested it, I explained my position and now you're behaving like a three year old lmao.

Robtard

Say, you think the DNC is kicking themselves over the whole "dick Bernie Sanders out of the election" thing? Seeing district after district that were previously Blue for Obama go Red , Bernie's chances likely wouldn't have been much better in hindsight.

Now Joe Biden, that's probably another story. But it's speculation. End of the day, Trump resonated with enough people in key states to win and I will say he won "bigly" last night. Hopefully it was more of his "I'm the outsider that will bring change" and less of the "I'm a bigot, lol!" angle, cos the later speaks poorly for America as a whole.

NemeBro
I already put a bit of salt in my soup bro, I don't need anymore from your tears.

Say, you think the DNC is kicking themselves over the whole "dick Bernie Sanders out of the election" thing? Do you not believe that those are positions that Trump holds?

Though I'll be fair and say that he, as far as I recall, doesn't hold the anti-gay positions mentioned. Those are just his VP's positions.

I'll also add being anti-vaccine. He does hold that one.

I'm just curious to know your game. Do you support those positions? Not care about them?

Surtur
Me salty? I made a statement, you contested it, I explained my position and now you're behaving like a three year old lmao.

Nobody contested it, it was a joke. Please stop crying.

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
Do you not believe that those are positions that Trump holds?

Though I'll be fair and say that he, as far as I recall, doesn't hold the anti-gay positions mentioned. Those are just his VP's positions.

I'll also add being anti-vaccine. He does hold that one.

I'm just curious to know your game. Do you support those positions? Not care about them?

I personally don't care who marries who. I never said I felt Trump was the right man for this job.

I just find this all hilarious. People are acting like by the end of the week he'll be rounding up gays and blacks and putting them in camps. That is what is especially entertaining.

Maybe next time? These people will pay attention when Americans voice certain concerns. Then Trump won't happen again. Or they will still refuse to pay attention, and it just happens again, and I just laugh again.

Beniboybling
Nobody contested it, it was a joke. Please stop crying. Lol I know sarcasm when I see it darling, but I appreciate the backtracking.

Surtur
Lol I know sarcasm when I see it darling, but I appreciate the backtracking.

I dunno, you sure seemed to think Trump would lose. Maybe you don't know as much as you think? But no, surely that couldn't be possible.

It's okay man, I'll be here for you when you Brexit and shit.

Robtard
Rather high level of people who didn't support Trump to outright thought he was a moronic piece of shit, being rather ecstatic Trump won. Entertaining, to say the least.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Rather high level of people who didn't support Trump to outright thought he was a moronic piece of shit, being rather ecstatic Trump won. Entertaining, to say the least.

It's almost like the Hilary supporters were cocky little shits or something.

Beniboybling
I dunno, you sure seemed to think Trump would lose. Maybe you don't know as much as you think? But no, surely that couldn't be possible.

It's okay man, I'll be here for you when you Brexit and shit. Scathing comeback, Surtur. However can't say you'll have my shoulder to cry on when your president makes a mockery of the US. smile

NemeBro
I personally don't care who marries who. I never said I felt Trump was the right man for this job.

I just find this all hilarious. People are acting like by the end of the week he'll be rounding up gays and blacks and putting them in camps. That is what is especially entertaining.

Maybe next time? These people will pay attention when Americans voice certain concerns. Then Trump won't happen again. Or they will still refuse to pay attention, and it just happens again, and I just laugh again. Why do you find a man who openly believes things that are provably wrong and plans to put policies in place with those wrong things as the driving force behind them funny?

Oh, and apparently I was wrong. He actually does plan to appoint judges to overturn the ruling for same sex marriage. And very few people are afraid that he is going to put people in camps by the end of the week. They do fear that he will revert a lot of the progress that has been made and... well I mean, why wouldn't they? He wants to overturn Obergefell v. Hobbes, so I mean, there's basis already for the claim that he is going to push back gay rights at least.

What do you believe those people should have done? It's not like the ones who are upset about Trump being elected voted for Trump, lol.

Surtur
Scathing comeback, Surtur. However can't say you'll have my shoulder to cry on when your president makes a mockery of the US. smile

His predecessor already did that. I mean, you can only break a vase so many times before it is just impossible to glue back together.

Surtur
Why do you find a man who openly believes things that are provably wrong and plans to put policies in place with those wrong things as the driving force behind them funny?

Cuz I'm evil.

Robtard
It's almost like the Hilary supporters were cocky little shits or something.

The difference, they were supporters, so they'd have every right to gloat if she won.

Just like the people who actually supported Trump can do so now. These people are far and few between here.

Beniboybling
His predecessor already did that. I mean, you can only break a vase so many times before it is just impossible to glue back together. Bush? Yeah I suppose that's true.

Surtur
The difference, is that they were supporters, so they'd have every right to gloat if she won.

Just like the people who actually supported Trump can do so now. These people are far and few between here.

Except said cocky little shits were cocky about how Trump would never ever win in a million billion years. The polls totally said so.

So yeah, you reap what you sow, that's how it goes.

I'm not happy Trump is president. I'm just happy that Hilary isn't.

Beniboybling
Surtur's been triggered yeah, best to just let him vent.

Robtard
Except said cocky little shits were cocky about how Trump would never ever win in a million billion years. The polls totally said so.

So yeah, you reap what you sow, that's how it goes.

I'm not happy Trump is president. I'm just happy that Hilary isn't.

You really want to compare the Trump Vs Hillary zealotry in here? Lolz, dude. Just look at the threads prior to the election.

Yet here you are still gloating Trump won, when you've said he's a piece garbage or similar many a time prior to the election. You don't see an issue there at all?

NemeBro
Cuz I'm evil. Then why does your hatred of Hillary stem from largely from her lack of morality?

And why are you so willing to take a moral high-ground when talking about other issues, like treatment of prisoners in prison?

Surtur
You really want to compare the Trump Vs Hillary zealotry in here? Lolz, dude. Just look at the threads prior to the election.

Yet here you are still gloating Trump won, when you've said he's a piece garbage or similar.

I wasn't just talking about this specific forum.

Surtur
Then why does your hatred of Hillary stem from largely from her lack of morality?

I'm Chaotic Evil.

Surtur

I need to get my hands on some play-doh ASAP.

Bashar Teg

i've never seen someone so angry to have their candidate win.

Surtur

You got me, I'm bursting with rage.

Quincy

I think he's angry because we aren't angry?

Beniboybling
i've never seen someone so angry to have their candidate win. smile thumb up

Surtur
I guess if believing I'm angry helps you guys cope with this loss better..I'm all for it.

Grrr, Surtur Smash!!

Ursumeles
Originally posted by |King Joker|

thumb up

Surtur
I'm pretty sure it's treason to post an image of an American Eagle experiencing ANY kind of emotion.

Plus if an American Eagle was going to cry it wouldn't cry tears, it would literally cry freedom.

NemeBro
i've never seen someone so angry to have their candidate win. I don't believe Sutur is angry and I don't know why you would, tbh.

Surtur
I don't believe Sutur is angry and I don't know why you would, tbh.

I'm angry, angry at you.

And you know god damn well why.

T55ArHjeR1c

The Ellimist
The polls totally said so.

Which have historically been highly reliable. 538/Sam Wang were able to predict 2008 and 2012 almost perfectly, for instance. This election had one of the highest polling errors in history; it was an aberration.

That they can make mistakes doesn't make it idiotic to trust them; that's like saying we shouldn't drive cars because there's a minuscule chance of dying in a car crash.

Surtur
Which have historically been highly reliable. 538/Sam Wang were able to predict 2008 and 2012 almost perfectly, for instance. This election had one of the highest polling errors in history; it was an aberration.

That they can make mistakes doesn't make it idiotic to trust them; that's like saying we shouldn't drive cars because there's a minuscule chance of dying in a car crash.

Wait, did you just say we shouldn't drive cars because there is a small chance of a car crash?!?!

T55ArHjeR1c

The Ellimist
Wait, did you just say we shouldn't drive cars because there is a small chance of a car crash?!?!

no expression

Uh, no, I was ridiculing it.

Again, we can see how Trump won. thumb up

Surtur
Bro I posted the shifty dog eye clip so you'd know it wasn't a serious comment.

I mean he's a dog..and he's up to something! I don't know what it is, but it can't be very good.

NemeBro
no expression

Uh, no, I was ridiculing it.

Again, we can see how Trump won. thumb up So did you not get that he was joking?

I'm not saying the joke was funny, I didn't think it was, but did the fact that Surtur was joking fly over your head?

Surtur
I mean the shifty eyes! He is definitely up to no good.

The Ellimist
So did you not get that he was joking?

I'm not saying the joke was funny, I didn't think it was, but did the fact that Surtur was joking fly over your head?

I suspected it, but I've had serious discussions where he's blatantly misinterpreted basic sentence structures before. With him, it's hard to tell.

Surtur
I suspected it, but I've had serious discussions where he's blatantly misinterpreted basic sentence structures before. With him, it's hard to tell.

I know it is hard to tell, just like it was hard for you to tell who would win this election.

The Ellimist
I know it is hard to tell, just like it was hard for you to tell who would win this election.

True, I should have predicted a Trump victory,

like you totally did.

Robtard
Originally posted by Xyzheretolaugh
Reminder: time immemorial was right about everything.

That means:

-Obama's going to declare marshal law and stop the election
-Clinton died and was replaced by an android
-Trump would have lost the election due to fraud but then been elected after the fraud was exposed later in Dec/Jan

I better clear my schedule

Surtur
True, I should have predicted a Trump victory,

like you totally did.

I didn't predict it, but then I didn't run around telling everyone how smart I am either. Nor did I make topics specifically to show people just how smart I am or rub it in their faces.

Perhaps there is a lesson there.

You see the problem with having a huge ego is..everyone loses eventually, at one time or another. When that happens, the larger the ego..the harder the fall.

The Ellimist
I didn't predict it, but then I didn't run around telling everyone how smart I am either. Nor did I make topics specifically to show people just how smart I am or rub it in their faces.

Perhaps there is a lesson there.

You see the problem with having a huge ego is..everyone loses eventually, at one time or another. When that happens, the larger the ego..the harder the fall.

You might actually notice that I don't show this "big ego" off when I'm debating, say, Tempest or ILS, however infrequently that happens. That's because they can engage in interesting conversations and whatnot.

But since you usually respond to my attempts at that with trolling and spiting, I just get smug.

Surtur
You might actually notice that I don't show this "big ego" off when I'm debating, say, Tempest or ILS, however infrequently that happens. That's because they can engage in interesting conversations and whatnot.

But since you usually respond to my attempts at that with trolling and spiting, I just get smug.

I know, that's why it's funnier when you fail.

The Ellimist
I know, that's why it's funnier when you fail.

You see, even if I am arrogant about being smart - which I only am when the other side is being a d*ck - I actually am pretty smart, so there's really no disconnect.

I mean, standardized test scores, academic ability, etc. are clear enough to me that getting an election wrong doesn't really hurt that. thumb up

Surtur
You are right man, you ARE pretty smart. So how much did you win in bets again?

The Ellimist
You are right man, you ARE pretty smart.

No need for sarcasm; if you were perfectly honest with yourself and removed the obvious prejudice you have against me, you'd acknowledge that yeah, it's obvious from my posts that I am.

Lost about $100, so not a terrible amount.

jaden101
There's different aspects he may have some impact on or none at all providing he actually tries to do what he campaigned on.

Politically he says he wants to end lobbyists influencing politicians. Given that most representatives fund their campaigns and lives from taking lobbyists money then he'll get no support from either side on that. Not to mention that once he's not president he'll be back to lobbying as well.

2. There's not going to be a wall. He could and should stimulate economic growth by embarking on large infrastructure projects but given how much needs to be put into the road, rail and water infrastructure he'd probably be best to do that.

3. Trade. He'll be a disaster. His cutting corporation taxes to try and get US companies to stay in the US coupled with saying foreign companies with have to pay substantial levies to sell to the US means countries will stop selling to or buying from America. China dominates raw materials needed for much of the US manufacturing. They'll simply add their own tariffs like they've done in the past so US companies can't compete.

4. Foreign relations. It'll be a mixed bag. He'll have strong relationships with the UK (Well parts of it), Israel, France after they inevitably elect Marine Le Pen, Russia but probably not the rest of Europe or any southern American countries.

5. Middle East/Islamic terrorism. Probably a disaster. His Instinct is to send in troops. You end up with more destabilised countries probably including Pakistan and possibly turkey and Jordan plus a few more African countries.

6. The environment. Totally ****ed. His presidency will encompass the tipping point of heading towards +5 degree Celsius increases by the end of the century. The Paris treaty was literally the last chance. Even with it fully ratified the 2 degree increase target is already gone. His plan is to renege entirely on the Paris treaty and to hugely increase the extraction and burning of fossil fuels.

Surtur
No need for sarcasm; if you were perfectly honest with yourself and removed the obvious prejudice you have against me, you'd acknowledge that yeah, it's obvious from my posts that I am.

I'm sure you are.

I don't know, Lex Luthor stole 40 cakes, that's 4 tens, and that is terrible. Now 100 is like..10 tens. I think I've given you a lot to think about.

cdtm
Depends.

If Trump does anything, probably as bad as any other presidency.

If he does nothing, then about as good as any other presidency. wink

Beniboybling
Originally posted by jaden101
There's different aspects he may have some impact on or none at all providing he actually tries to do what he campaigned on.

Politically he says he wants to end lobbyists influencing politicians. Given that most representatives fund their campaigns and lives from taking lobbyists money then he'll get no support from either side on that. Not to mention that once he's not president he'll be back to lobbying as well.

2. There's not going to be a wall. He could and should stimulate economic growth by embarking on large infrastructure projects but given how much needs to be put into the road, rail and water infrastructure he'd probably be best to do that.

3. Trade. He'll be a disaster. His cutting corporation taxes to try and get US companies to stay in the US coupled with saying foreign companies with have to pay substantial levies to sell to the US means countries will stop selling to or buying from America. China dominates raw materials needed for much of the US manufacturing. They'll simply add their own tariffs like they've done in the past so US companies can't compete.

4. Foreign relations. It'll be a mixed bag. He'll have strong relationships with the UK (Well parts of it), Israel, France after they inevitably elect Marine Le Pen, Russia but probably not the rest of Europe or any southern American countries.

5. Middle East/Islamic terrorism. Probably a disaster. His Instinct is to send in troops. You end up with more destabilised countries probably including Pakistan and possibly turkey and Jordan plus a few more African countries.

6. The environment. Totally ****ed. His presidency will encompass the tipping point of heading towards +5 degree Celsius increases by the end of the century. The Paris treaty was literally the last chance. Even with it fully ratified the 2 degree increase target is already gone. His plan is to renege entirely on the Paris treaty and to hugely increase the extraction and burning of fossil fuels. Nice assessment.

Beniboybling
Anyway seems like the majority are predicting his presidency will be negative one, good to see that even here common sense prevails.

Surtur
4h8NmjpiY1M

cdtm
Nice harassment.

Beniboybling
4h8NmjpiY1M One of Trump's planned policies I'm guessing?

Surtur
One of Trump's planned policies I'm guessing?

If it is.at least we'll have some upbeat music to listen to as it happens.

Beniboybling
I don't know, seems a bit beyond him intellectually.

Surtur
That's just good stuff!!

NXUaQe3ziEY

Surtur
That gay guy said he cried for hours! Hilarious.

Surtur
I feel bad for Canada because now all these douchebags are gonna move there. Damn, that grinds my gears!

Beniboybling
That gay guy said he cried for hours! Hilarious. Classy. Don't you have work or something?

wakkawakkawakka
Meanwhile Mexico gets none of the love...http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-peso-idUSKBN1332MG

Tragic

Surtur
Classy. Don't you have work or something?

You know what's classy? This Glenn Miller song.

G8zDQAOLVtM

Can't you just picture yourself dancing with your best gal at a USO show?

Rebel95
That gay guy said he cried for hours! Hilarious.
Why is that funny to you?

Surtur
Originally posted by Rebel95
Why is that funny to you?

I might have had a little tiny bit to drink.

Or I'm evil? I dunno.

Beniboybling
Your a cis white male, that's your problem.

Surtur
Your a cis white male, that's your problem.

That is true, and I blame Jesus for that.

cdtm
Brass tack opinion:

Both parties are against him. I think he'll be a do nothing president, either because Congress won't let him do anything, or because he never intended to follow through on his promises and coast (Like other celebrity politicians. Jesse Ventura as Governor is one prime example.)

Foreign policy wise, if he's smart, he'll surround himself with experts who know what they're doing, and follow their lead. I doubt very much he'd execute his authority to control the military for 90 days, because he saw how that turned out for Bush. Who needs that kind of hassle.

So yeah, four years will go by in a flash, and then it's more of the same.

shiv
Believing coal to be a clean source of energy, climate change a myth, and conversion therapy for gay people a good thing are among some pretty scary positions yeah, but perhaps "f*cking retarded" is a better, more accurate term.

>
http://www.ucsusa.org/clean_energy/coalvswind/c01.html#.WCOt0vTRQb4

>>
http://www.worldcoal.org/reducing-co2-emissions/carbon-capture-use-storage

>>>
http://energy.gov/fe/articles/construction-begins-doe-sponsored-carbon-capture-project-kentucky-power-plant

>>>>
http://uk.businessinsider.com/repurposed-co2-shoe-without-footprint-2016-9

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3059025/Audi-creates-DIESEL-air-water-fuel-future-powering-car-driven-German-minister.html

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jul/13/worlds-largest-steel-company-to-use-rabbit-gut-microbe-to-cut-emissions

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2013/02/an-economical-way-to-convert-carbon.html

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/508051/a-cheap-trick-enables-energy-efficient-carbon-capture/

http://www.switchenergyproject.com/topics/carboncapture

http://www.blueplanet-ltd.com/

Jobs. Rebuilding. Building Better Infrastructure.

Working to make America Better.

Speaking directly to people who voted against him to advise him, where he is ignorant.

The President Elect spoke about this.

Dr Will Hatch
Captain America: The Winter Soldier isn't so fun when it takes place in real life and it involves half the country being neo-nazis.

cdtm
So, how about it? Trump has the numbers in congress.

The thing is, he ran as anti establishment, and he's the definition if a RINO. So this might be something both parties can agree on, I'm thinking: Opposing Trump.

BackFire
Think he's likely to be somewhere between "Bad" and "****ing terrible". Mediocre if we're lucky.

Surtur
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Captain America: The Winter Soldier isn't so fun when it takes place in real life and it involves half the country being neo-nazis.

Half the country is neo nazi's? I guess I better practice my Hitler salute.

Silver lining: it will do wonders for my triceps.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch

Hillary supporters aren't that bad.

Surtur
Plus we all know Captain America would pretty much be in his version of heaven as long as you give him some nazi's to fight.

When Cap isn't fighting he spends 99% of his free time struggling to understand pop culture references. It's adorable.

Raisen
Originally posted by Lestov16

I always said that under Hillary we would undergo an apocalyptic nuclear war with Russia and with Trump we would undergo an apocalyptic civil war. With Trump and the GOP run federal government trying to institute their conservative white-supremacist ideals on an increasingly liberal minority public, I feel that a second civil war is inevitable at this point. One that combined with Trumps inexperience and the wave of Islamic attacks that will now occur by Muslims who will be pissed that Trump wants to ban them, is going to lead to America's downfall and infrastructural collapse into third world country conditions.

Jesus!! What a ****ing drama queen

Raisen
This is the same shit we saw under Obama but reversed. . Under Obama there were the doom and gloom guys constantly thinking their guns were being taken and Christians were going to phucking fema camps. Jade helm and all that retarded shiit. The libtards on here used to make fun of the conservative people for this. Now the tables have turned and the libtards can't see it is the same exact thing. I wouldn't be surprised if half the idiots contemplate suicide now

The Ellimist
^ the difference is that while Obama never said anything about putting Christians in fema camps, Trump actually has said that he'll make all Muslims register in a database Hitler style, deport all dreamers, etc.

cdtm
^ the difference is that while Obama never said anything about putting Christians in fema camps, Trump actually has said that he'll make all Muslims register in a database Hitler style, deport all dreamers, etc.

Isn't it lucky conservatives believe the constitution is NOT an evolving document full of checks and balances that prevent exactly this.

Robtard
It's situational. eg Bush Jr. tried to amend the Constitution to prohibit marriage equality.

See: "Federal Marriage Amendment", also known as "Marriage Protection Amendment". Because apparently marriage was in danger or something.

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
Jesus!! What a ****ing drama queen

His response surely proves how nobody is over reacting to this.

Nibedicus
I'm just hoping the planet is still here when he's done. stick out tongue

The Ellimist
Originally posted by cdtm
Isn't it lucky conservatives believe the constitution is NOT an evolving document full of checks and balances that prevent exactly this.

How? Trump would have executive authority to gut DAPA and enforce mass deportations, and to walk away from Obama's climate change proposals. It also technically isn't unconstitutional to implement the Muslim ban, although the national database would certainly be difficult.

In either case, the people protesting Trump right now have a lot more to fear than any republican voter in 2008 did over Obama.

Nibedicus
I'm not sure burning cars helps lower carbon emmissions, tho.

Well, maybe one less car? Not sure if it works that way, tho. Ppl can just buy new cars.

stick out tongue

Surtur
In either case, the people protesting Trump right now have a lot more to fear than any republican voter in 2008 did over Obama.

Okay man let us run with this, because for now I'm burned out when it comes to just arguing and trading insults with you. I agree with you, they do have a lot more to fear then people in 2008. We agree on something, lets roll with it for a while. I'll do you one better and say that also applies to the 2012 election, the 2004 election, and a lot of our more recent elections.

I admit I gloated at people, but I genuinely would remove Trump from power if I could. I'd put Bernie there. Or if I had to choose someone from the republican side who tried to run I'd just put Rubio or Cruz or some of those people. I'd put Trey Gowdy in there, even though he never tried to run.

Now how about we try to lighten the mood for the night.

Here is my cat:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/Surtur85/kitty22%20015_zpsickpiohs.jpg

Here is my action figure standing tall and proud:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/Surtur85/kitty22%20016_zpsvodrnaxu.jpg

Here is now the aftermath of me daring to show interest in anything other than this god damn cat:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff452/Surtur85/kitty22%20017_zps9vj3kk5d.jpg

The Ellimist
In that case our only disagreement is over whether Hillary would've been a worse option. Your case is that her "corruption" would run deeper than Trump's insanity; I disagree, but at this point I don't see how either of us is going to prove our case.

Lord Lucien
Is that an original Xbox?

Surtur
Okay this is what I'm talking about. I don't want to keep gloating but..Bill Maher just said democrats are being "too nice". Come on now lol. I'm only human. What is a person supposed to do with a statement like that BUT be entertained?!

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Is that an original Xbox?

Yes it indeed is. It's kind of broke though, the on/off button doesn't work. The system automatically turns on whenever I plug it in.

Surtur
Okay so I just saw a clip of Trump saying he would do everything in his power to help protect the LGBTQ community from any kind of hate stemming from "foreign ideology".

So that is good, yes? Admittedly it is just words, but still.

Bashar Teg
Yes it's a relief to see him break his promises, one of which was "strongly considering" a reversal of marriage equality. Not sure how you feel entitled to this " told you so" tone.

But yes, good to hear. Though he really doesn't have to take any action or effort in this case. All he has to do is not mess with it.

Surtur
I also want to say that people can mock me about how much I talk about SJW's and all that and how they would always tell me they can't really do any real harm. But I think the PC culture of this day and age is also something that played a part in getting people to go out and vote for Trump.

I dunno, just something to perhaps consider.

Yes it's a relief to see him break his promises, one of which was "strongly considering" a reversal of marriage equality. Not sure how you feel entitled to this " told you so" tone.

I was pointing out another instance of Trump perhaps showing us some signs that people need not be as worried about him as they are.

Isn't that a relief though? In this context, shouldn't you be happy he didn't hold true to his word? I know that is a strange thing to say, but if people truly believe his policies would destroy us all and stuff like that..wouldn't they prefer a liar over..the alternative?

I didn't even think Trump would win, and I have had no actual idea whether or not he would stick to what he has said. I'm not saying I was right about this stuff.

Adam_PoE
Okay so I just saw a clip of Trump saying he would do everything in his power to help protect the LGBTQ community from any kind of hate stemming from "foreign ideology".

So that is good, yes? Admittedly it is just words, but still.

LGBT Americans need protection from his Vice President and his party.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
LGBT Americans need protection from his Vice President and his party.

I know, they despise them so much they want to protect them from the hatred spewed by foreign ideology.

Adam_PoE
I know, they despise them so much they want to protect them from the hatred spewed by foreign ideology.

Oh, you mean when they are not endorsing forced electroshock treatment for minors to "convert" them?

Or when they are not advocating for laws to allow religious people to refuse to serve them, including emergency first responders, such as EMTs, firemen, and police officers?

Or when they promise to appoint justices to the Supreme Court who will revoke their right to marry?

Or when they are blocking laws to protect them from employment and housing discrimination, so they cannot be fired for their jobs or kicked out of their homes for being LGBT?

Or when they are blocking the FBI from investigating hate crimes against LGBT people?

All of these things are in their official party platform.

But hey, they promise to protect LGBT people from foreign terrorists. You know, the same as they are supposed to do for everyone else. Because being harmed by a foreign terrorist attack is more likely than any of the above.

With friends like those, they do not need enemies.

Bashar Teg
I hope trump gets aids.

It's difficult for a president to get things accomplished without hiring aids to help out.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Oh, you mean when they are not endorsing forced electroshock treatment for minors to "convert" them?

Or when they are not advocating for laws to allow religious people to refuse to serve them, including emergency first responders, such as EMTs, firemen, and police officers?

Or when they promise to appoint justices to the Supreme Court who will revoke their right to marry?

Or when they are blocking laws to protect them from employment and housing discrimination, so they cannot be fired for their jobs or kicked out of their homes for being LGBT?

Or when they are blocking the FBI from investigating hate crimes against LGBT people?

All of these things are in their official party platform.

But hey, they promise to protect LGBT people from foreign terrorists. You know, the same as they are supposed to do for everyone else. Because being harmed by a foreign terrorist attack is more likely than any of the above.

With friends like those, they do not need enemies.

Er, all I said was that it's potentially a good thing he might be changing his tune.

And that maybe he doesn't truly 100% despise this community as much as some think.

But hey, let's give into fear and panic! You're so smart Adam, would you like an American flag to set on fire?

Bashar Teg
Yeah he probably burns flags, just like everyone on the left. You won again. Good job. So smart. *Clap*

Surtur
I hope trump gets aids.

It's difficult for a president to get things accomplished without hiring aids to help out.

Plus you can't get aids merely by grabbing a woman by the pussy.

Well wait, I guess if she had aids and you had some open wounds on your fingers?

Surtur
Yeah but he probably burns flags, just like everyone on the left. You won again. Good job. So smart. *Clap*

I know, I've won again just like the non-pieces of shit on the Clinton side won whenever they'd categorize all the Trump supporters as racists and all that jazz. Just like everyone in the media would win whenever they'd try to say all Trump supporters are stupid and all that. But hey, at least they learned their lessons not to do that.

Oh happy day!

Adam_PoE

Surtur
If they hated them WHY would they give a shit if terrorists attack them?

Holy shit, this is amusing. I certainly see I hit a nerve. If they truly hated them they wouldn't be trying to protect them from anyone. But then I never even said they'd truly try to protect them..only that they SAID they would.

The Ellimist
If they hated them WHY would they give a shit if terrorists attack them?

erm Trump called out the DNC for screwing over Benie; does this mean he thinks Sanders would make a good president, or that he cares about his personal political success? Uh, no. It was just a convenient political trick.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>