Worst nightmares you've ever had?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I just had a really bad one.

My mom, brother, and grandmother died, and God gave me a few hours to talk to them, then they just disappeared.

Flyattractor
I woke up and had to go to work.....oh wait.....

Surtur
My worst nightmare was that Emma Watson was so upset over the Trump victory that she hid Maya Angelou books on a NY subway and the media didn't even report about it.

Thankfully that was just a horrid horrid nightmare

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/emma-watson-maya-angelou-nyc-subway_us_582385c8e4b0e80b02ce9283

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Surtur
My worst nightmare was that Emma Watson was so upset over the Trump victory that she hid Maya Angelou books on a NY subway and the media didn't even report about it.

Thankfully that was just a horrid horrid nightmare

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/emma-watson-maya-angelou-nyc-subway_us_582385c8e4b0e80b02ce9283

It's a good thing she started out at a 100 on the hotness scale because she just dropped 10 points.

I had this re-occurring dream where i was walking down a neighborhood street and i noticed there was a present wrapped in white paper with a purple bow lying on eveyones doorstep. Suddenly everyone came out began opening the presents. One by one as they opened their presents a cloud of blue gas exploded from the packages killing everyone. Different variations of this dream persisted for months. If it wasn't the presents, i would be out in the city when a massive cloud of blue gas started drowning out the city killing everyone and i couldn't get away.

I also remember dreaming about nuclear explosions frequently. It always started out with me out somewhere at night and i saw a star explode in the sky. As the stardust fell and shimmered away it formed the words, "you're all going to die". This would always be followed by, at some point, a Bright blast and mushroom cloud in the distance.

I remember these dreams persisted until i started becoming lucid during them. The scenarios would still play out the same but once i started becoming aware in my dream i would just try to rape as many woman as possible before i woke up.

Piggle Humsy
I have nightmares all the time

I sometimes actually start sobbing and it wakes me up

but life is always much worse than any nightmare

riv6672
I'm a ghost and cant affect my surroundings.

Surtur
When I was 18 I had my first major surgery. A few months after it I decided to stop taking my pain medication because at the time I felt I no longer needed it. What I had not realized is that you can't just completely stop taking these kinds of medicines overnight. It's better to slowly ween yourself off them. Like I said at the time I didn't really know this and so I had just decided to completely stop taking it.

Since I had been on pain medication for over a year..needless to say my body had become used to having the medicine in my system so when I abruptly stopped I got very sick from withdrawal. A few days later I made an appointment to see my doctor and he gave me more medicine and I weened myself off them. But holy shit for those few days I had basically the worst nightmares I've ever experienced.

One nightmare was that giant elephants three times the size of my house were attacking the city and coming down my block. I realize this is comical, but the experience was so real and it felt so traumatizing. That is one of only a small handful of dreams that I can still remember quite clearly.

Flyattractor
My nightmares don't wake me up anymore. Had another one everyone I knew was turning into demons alla that shitty constantine movie type. I just ran around fighting and killing them. Actually kind of fun.

Surtur
I'm the same, I've never really woken up in the middle of the night due to some kind of nightmare. If I'm having a nightmare it ends whenever I wake up in the morning.

dynamix
i remember i used to get these nightmare about my family and i splitting up at the end of days. I'm a Christian but they are Buddhists, and in my dream, i'm heading to heaven and they are left here on earth. Sounds goofy but i hated the feeling and it always scares me....every single time! Shows u how our deepest belief can affect even our deepest subconscious.

riv6672
^^^Never had a religious dream before, though my earliest memory is looking at a crucifix wondering what it was.

riv6672
Last night thete was a pair of shoes in a bucket of body parts somewhere in my dream. Rest of the dream didnt feel bad, from what little i recall.

Genesis-Soldier
the only nightmare I have had and it re occurs about once a year

I am in a field, the sky is over cast in every direction in angry grey storm clouds but there is no lightning nor rain. I look around the patch I am in and see nothing but my dirt clearing and dried up long grass. eventually I keep turning and find a perfect mottled cube (grey in colour).

I then notice the tumble weed gathering and phasing into the cube, it doesn't grow or change but rather stays he same in location and substance. but in my mind numbers run... they start small and trickle down my mind but start to snow ball and as they do so I feel a instinctual, core of my being, terror that I cannot escape.

when the numbers hit 1 billion I feel an absolute soul crushing sense of doom.
I then wake up drenched in sweat all over my body..

happens every year atleast once

riv6672
The nightmare and the regularity. Thats so strange...! confused

Genesis-Soldier
yeah and its always the same one and the same numbers

SuMilles
Once I dreamed that I am killing my cousin with a pen!! I cried in the morning big grin

Darth Truculent

riv6672
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
yeah and its always the same one and the same numbers
Thats amazing consistency.

walshy
I had this really bad nightmare where Donald trump became president

riv6672
^^^Chicka Chicka!

RanebowSmack
I once had a dream that I just randomly woke up and walked down the street in pyjamas in the middle of the night, went down the road and walked miles, just me passing random buildings. Then I walked into a janitors closet or something, and there was a door in the back of it. I opened it, and behind it was a different world. I went through and then I was stood in front of a lake with pretty birds flying above it, there were cows grazing and then I realized I was on a cliff. I walked to the edge and below it was a waterfall and another lake. I then heard somebody scream and suddenly the hills all started to bleed red, the lake turned to blood and so did the waterfall, I decided to get out, but the door was to the other side was locked. There was no way out. Then I woke up.
When I woke up at first I thought that I was dreaming at that moment rather then when I was in the actual dream. It was a strangely vivid experience.

Genesis-Soldier
Originally posted by RanebowSmack
I once had a dream that I just randomly woke up and walked down the street in pyjamas in the middle of the night, went down the road and walked miles, just me passing random buildings. Then I walked into a janitors closet or something, and there was a door in the back of it. I opened it, and behind it was a different world. I went through and then I was stood in front of a lake with pretty birds flying above it, there were cows grazing and then I realized I was on a cliff. I walked to the edge and below it was a waterfall and another lake. I then heard somebody scream and suddenly the hills all started to bleed red, the lake turned to blood and so did the waterfall, I decided to get out, but the door was to the other side was locked. There was no way out. Then I woke up.
When I woke up at first I thought that I was dreaming at that moment rather then when I was in the actual dream. It was a strangely vivid experience.

I had a dream like that once where I "woke up" and started walking out of my door in my Pj's...

plot twist I actually did it but was only half asleep.
woke up on my neighbours lawn

riv6672
I've fallen asleep standing in formation before... embarrasment

TheOneFirestorm
If I recall right this was 2015.

A tiger escaped some contained area because it climbed on a tree then jumped over a fence that clearly isn't high enough with that unmistakable flaw.
I throw glasses as in eye glasses which the Tiger eats no problem. I'm terrified and not moving because I can't find a safe haven or safe area. I think I moved a slow pace because I'm terrified along with I see no safe area.

The tiger jumps at me but before it can violently land on me, and eat me I fastly turn my head either left or right and I wake up.

Mindship
When I was a kid, sometimes I'd dream about malevolent shadows on the walls of my bedroom that could reach out and grab me.

riv6672
I think i had that one, too....

Kelly_Bean
Running around the Twin Towers as the were burning on 9/11.

riv6672
This scene from the season finale of THE GOOD PLACE where the Michael character is revealed to have been a demon the whole time, wormed its way into my mind last week and gave me one of the worst dreams i've had in recent memory.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--XucP4kM9--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/r2jjgetlryi6a353oez2.gif

TheOneFirestorm
I can recall falling but from what I can't recall. I woke up before the fall ended which no doubt would have killed me because it's the fall started in a high area.

riv6672
Its not the fall its the sudden stop.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by riv6672
Its not the fall its the sudden stop.

Or crashing into the ground which is how Joker died in the Batman movie.

Saying the fall ends implies nothing left to fall.

Brian547
I was at my uncles apartment watching television. He told me that he was going to a flea market. I asked if I could go too. He said yes. But then he got up and flew out the door and got in the car before I even was ready. So I went back to his apartment until he got home. I was watching television when the TV started to act goofy and flicker on and off. I was sitting on the chair trying to figure out what was going on , when I look up and hear something ominous coming from the bathroom. I knew something was in there so I knew I had to split immediately. When I got to the door and tried to get out , this creepy shadow figure somehow locked the door from the bathroom. I was like oh crap I can't get out. I proceeded to look around the corner, and what do you know , I see the shadow figure. I woke up before I ever saw who the shadow was.

Another nightmare I've had:

Before I moved to a new house , I use to have these creepy dreams. I'd be at my house going about my business and whatnot, when something strange would attack me. It almost always happened while I was up stairs too. I'd be in my room when I'd hear something run down the attic stairs , burst through the door , and attack me. The thing that attacked me was always a dark creature and was very disturb disturbing

~Bun Bun~
1.) My family left me behind in a horde of zombies because I'm fat and blind.

2.) The first time I felt sleep paralysis. I remember being in half dream land and half awake.. I was speaking to my brother in my dream asking him if I was dreaming but my eyes were open looking at my room but still seeing my dream in my head.. I got so confused and screamed and tryed to push myself out of my dream. I woke up and it felt like I was just wallpaper pealed from a wall.

Christina B
I saw a somewhat big blue cartoon ghost boy at my gramma's up north. It leaned over like an "L" and said about my by bed that, "I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable." I liked it, but I was scared. It wasn't a nightmare, tho. I saw it when I woke up in the middle of the night.

ghost1

Flyattractor
Had a pretty good Med induced dream the other night but I couldn't describe what happened in it to save my soul.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.