Should the Clintons step away from the political scene?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Do you think the Democratic party would ultimately benefit if both Hilary and Bill took a step back from politics? Or do you think in the long run such a thing would do more harm than good?

The Ellimist
I think the loss probably helps Hillary's support within the democratic party.

Nonetheless, Bernie and Warren are probably going to be a lot more visible now.

Surtur
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I think the loss probably helps Hillary's support within the democratic party.

Nonetheless, Bernie and Warren are probably going to be a lot more visible now.

Do you think behind the scenes with the democrats there is a lot of finger pointing going on? I don't mean at people outside the party.

I like Bernie, but he's already 75 and by the next time an election comes around he'll be nearly 80. You think Clinton might try to run again in 2020?

snowdragon
Originally posted by Surtur
Do you think behind the scenes with the democrats there is a lot of finger pointing going on? I don't mean at people outside the party.

I like Bernie, but he's already 75 and by the next time an election comes around he'll be nearly 80. You think Clinton might try to run again in 2020?

Her time to shine was in 08.

I don't see Bernie or Hillary on the ticket in 2020. By then there will be a younger fresher face to offer up to the masses and that is an easier sell then experience/baggaged candidates.

BackFire
The Clintons are done. This embarrassing defeat cements that. They will just give speeches and fade into obscurity.

Bernie, at the moment, is now the defacto leader of the democratic party and liberals in the country. Liberals will look to him for leadership right now, and probably for the next few years at least. And while I seriously doubt he will run again in 2020 (though he isn't ruling it out), I do think he will have massive influence on the next election. Whoever he passes the torch to will be seen as the future of the party.

I think the democrats need to blow their party up, move towards a more populist message like the one Bernie championed, and remove the seeds of corruption and filth that cost them this election.

Lord Lucien
Both parties were torn inside out this election. The Dems gutted from the loss and the GOP civil warring itself after Trump's nomination. Good to see them shaken from the stupor.

shiv
Chelsea Clinton might be a fresh new face for Social Justice.

Lord Lucien
Is that a TV show?

shiv
MSNBC: Chelsea & Maddox High Power Drama Hour

S_W_LeGenD
To be honest, Bernie Sanders was much better candidate than Hillary Clinton, from the Democrats camp. However, their infatuation with Hillary and and corruption, cost them badly.

You endorse a candidate for President on merit; not on the basis of ideals like feminism. From the top, people expect results and policies that can improve their lifestyle, not political correctness.

And yes, era of Clintons is over.

snowdragon
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

And yes, era of Clintons is over.

Maybe, except we still have Chelsea Clinton that could step into the ranks of politics.

Bashar Teg
the clintons are about as 'over' as the bushes were in 92.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by snowdragon
Maybe, except we still have Chelsea Clinton that could step into the ranks of politics.
Her name won't do wonders for her; she has to prove her credentials and she is far from that.

Democrats need a new face (and agenda). If this election hasn't taught them anything, they are done for (on the whole) for a while.

ares834
Originally posted by snowdragon

Yep, seems likely. Rumors are already circulating that she will run for the House soon.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BackFire
The Clintons are done. This embarrassing defeat cements that. They will just give speeches and fade into obscurity.

This is the most correct answer.

And I would add that the sex scandals, national security issues, lies, and cover-ups also cement that.

Tzeentch
Hillary at the least is done, I think. This election was such an upset that I don't think she'll ever have the credibility to run again.

And good riddance, frankly. Trump being option B is literally the only appealing thing she had going for her.

krisblaze
The Clintons should be in jail.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Trump being option B is literally the only appealing thing she had going for her.

This is a very accurate summary. I'm stealing this.

A feminist I am friends with said, "Why the hell did the first female presidential candidate who had a chance have to be Hillary?!??!" She was so mad. And I'm actually kind of sad that we didn't get our first female president but, holy shit, why did it have to be Hillary as the option?

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
the clintons are about as 'over' as the bushes were in 92.

I honestly don't feel this situation is really comparable to anything we've had in recent history. If it had been anyone else besides Trump that Clinton lost to I would think this wouldn't look as bad.

shiv
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is a very accurate summary. I'm stealing this.

A feminist I am friends with said, "Why the hell did the first female presidential candidate who had a chance have to be Hillary?!??!" She was so mad. And I'm actually kind of sad that we didn't get our first female president but, holy shit, why did it have to be Hillary as the option?

Y-TD7c7-vh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AIew3RN4R4

Silent Master
Let's look at this logically, she lost to Trump.

Seriously, Stop for a minute and let that soak in. she is so bad that even someone like Trump was able to beat her.

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze
The Clintons should be in jail.

This also brings up an interesting point. I don't know if Trump could full on make sure she goes to jail, but he could at least try. So there have been some rumors that Obama will issue Hilary a pardon before he leaves office.

As much as I would enjoy Hilary going to jail..I have come to the conclusion that I do not want that. This entire election has been one big spectacle and if Trump goes after Hilary that is just going to renew it.

I think we have more important things to worry about. Plus there would be some level of satisfaction in knowing that Obama essentially had to bail Hilary out of something. Just the fact she required a pardon would reflect bad on her.

Now if Trump is legitimately trying to change his ways and trying to unite this country..then I don't believe he'd actually try to go after Hilary.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Let's look at this logically, she lost to Trump.

Seriously, Stop for a minute and let that soak in. she is so bad that even someone like Trump was able to beat her.

Exactly and now in a way all her rhetoric has backfired. Since she lost to someone with zero political experience and who she made out to be a total monster.

Just like I think Obama called Trump "inhuman" so I'm guessing the meeting they had was incredibly awkward.

I will admit I didn't think Trump would win, but I also thought that if he did somehow win...he would not be as gracious about it as he is. I figured he would be rubbing it in people's faces, especially in the faces of the media and the Republicans who didn't support him..but he hasn't done that. At least not that I have seen.

Silent Master
I hope Obama does pardon her.

Flyattractor
That is why Trump should wait until after Obama has gotten out of office and moved to Martha's Vineyard to be WITH HIS PEOPLE!!!!!

Nibedicus
"You're trying to break the glass ceiling, Hillary I sense it,

But the only crack you'll find is my ass pressed against it."

-Trump, ERB

In light of his win, this line is ouch x 9000.

Stoic
Originally posted by Nibedicus
"You're trying to break the glass ceiling, Hillary I sense it,

But the only crack you'll find is my ass pressed against it."

-Trump, ERB

In light of his win, this line is ouch x 9000.

I really wonder if she'll be back in 4 more years? Oh and that was very funny BTW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.