Ash Williams vs Merle Dixon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Round 1: Ash has both his hands, and is in his prime, same deal with Merle.

Round 2: Ash from "Ash vs Evil Dead", Merle after he loses his hand.

Who wins?

TheVaultDweller
If Ash has his plot armour, he wins. laughing

KingD19
Ash fights Deadites and Demons on a literal daily basis. Merle is weak sauce.

Jmanghan
Zombies are kinda like deadites, only not as fast, and their entire head doesn't need to be blown off, just blown through.

TheVaultDweller
Deadites also generally display far greater strength and intelligence than zombies do.

Jmanghan
Ash is clearly very skilled in H2H combat, btw.

Its not like his showings as a H2H combatant are inconsistent. NO ONE can say that Ash isn't impressive as an overall H2H combatant.

In fact, most of his fights with humans, he held back.

He's also fearless.

Merle is also fearless.

There's also Ash landing punches that have landed deadites flat on their asses.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Ash is clearly very skilled in H2H combat, btw.

Its not like his showings as a H2H combatant are inconsistent. NO ONE can say that Ash isn't impressive as an overall H2H combatant.

I don't think anyone would actually dispute this. In fact, the majority of instances where he has had serious trouble in melee/H2H is either when it's a PIS moment, and the plot requires him to go down, or he is facing some really big bad. I'll admit, the slapstick nature of some of the fights can throw someone off a bit, sometimes.

Jmanghan
I've had people on other sites be like "Ash really isn't that good, he's just a chubby guy who has a few good moments when he has a massive advantage over his opponents."

Ash also doesn't even feel like that kinda stereotype. Even in his old age, there are people who get scared to fight him.

I wanted to see Ash beat the hell out of that cop that Kelly beat up, because he was acting like a tough guy for all those episodes.

Jmanghan
2 year bump lets go.

KingD19
Well...which one of them is still alive? wink

Kazenji
Don't know why it's limiting to just "Ash vs Evil Dead" when the Movies are also canon to the show.

TheVaultDweller
He doesn't really need them, to be honest. Ash routinely deals with threats far more deadly than TWD zombies. Merle is awesome, but just not quite on that tier IMO.

KingD19
Yeah the first Deadite he fought in the show was strong enough to toss him across the room and iirc he fist fought with her for a bit before killing her.

That's not taking into account all the others ones he easily killed, as well as taking on and beating several demons. If we add movie feats it becomes even more unfair.

Like I could see Ash ripping the handcuffs off that Merle got trapped by.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Round 1: Ash has both his hands, and is in his prime, same deal with Merle.

with respect to feats, I believe ash is way more powerful without his right hand

Galan007
Ash would completely and utterly rape Merle. It's not even remotely close.

As mentioned already, Ash wholesale fodderizes Deadites on a day-to-day basis... And Deadites are infinitely more dangerous than TWD zombies.

Eon Blue
As much as I loved Merle, Ash is just too much. He pales in comparison.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007

As mentioned already, Ash wholesale fodderizes Deadites on a day-to-day basis... And Deadites are infinitely more dangerous than TWD zombies. This made me lol, hadn't seen it.

Anyway, yeah, I agree, especially considering he's better in every physical category, and more skilled then Merle in H2H combat, which is impressive considering Merle was one of the most skilled fighters of the early seasons. Even today I don't think Daryl has surpassed him in that department.

John Murdoch
Ash. While Merle is one of the TWD's highlights in both character development and skill, Bruce Campbell is another tier up from Michael Rooker.

EDIT: I mean to say that Ash is a level above Merle, not that Bruce Campbell is a superior actor to Michael Rooker. They are both "groovy".

Putinbot1
Hyperstomp to Ash. I did love Merle, shame the walking dead went to shit... in comics too.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Ash routinely deals with threats far more deadly than TWD zombies. Merle is awesome, but just not quite on that tier IMO.

Originally posted by Galan007

As mentioned already, Ash wholesale fodderizes Deadites on a day-to-day basis... And Deadites are infinitely more dangerous than TWD zombies.

Originally posted by KingD19
Ash fights Deadites and Demons on a literal daily basis. Merle is weak sauce.
thumb up

Lestov16
TWD characters are some of the weakest live action characters in fiction. There are Nicholas Sparks characters who would stand a good chance against them.

cdtm
A bit off topic, but they really needed to put Ash in Duke Nukem Forever. He made his fame ripping off his best lines.

And Ash wins, and it's not even close.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Ash. While Merle is one of the TWD's highlights in both character development and skill, Bruce Campbell is another tier up from Michael Rooker.

EDIT: I mean to say that Ash is a level above Merle, not that Bruce Campbell is a superior actor to Michael Rooker. They are both "groovy". Bruce Campbell is a way better actor then Michael Rooker.

BruceSkywalker
ash stomps right?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.