Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Ahsoka Tank (Rebels)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Sabers
Force
Allout

EDIT: Ahsoka Tano (not Tank, lol)

Rebel95
I'd give sabers to Kenobi, barely
Force- not sure
All out- not sure

TenebrousWay
She didn't do anything Obi Wan couldn't replicate.

Ursumeles
Kenobi, obviously.
Good fight, nonethless.

Rebel95
The only reason I believe she has a good chance is because of her showing against Vader

cs_zoltan
Make it Old Ben for fairness.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Rebel95
The only reason I believe she has a good chance is because of her showing against Vader

Nothing Obi Wan couldn't replicate. She was semi ragdolled.

DarthAnt66
Kenobi's stated to be a superior swordsman to ANH Vader.

Rebel95
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Kenobi's stated to be a superior swordsman to ANH Vader.
Where?

DarthAnt66
Fightsaber states that Darth Vader couldn't penetrate Old Ben's lightsaber defenses.

Another work states that Darth Vader didn't become the greatest lightsaber master in the galaxy until Old Ben's death.

Considering the fact that Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi is significantly superior to Old Ben with a blade, he's better than Darth Vader too.

carthage
Obi wan

UCanShootMyNova
Another work states that Darth Vader didn't become the greatest lightsaber master in the galaxy until Old Ben's death.

0_0

SOURCE?!

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
0_0

SOURCE?!
https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/kenobi11.png

Emperordmb
Source dat shit bro. Don't be like those RT makers who post scans without citing the sources.

Darth Thor
More proof that Vader > Palpatine as a Swordsmaster eek!

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Darth Thor
More proof that Vader > Palpatine as a Swordsmaster
While I bet you're joking, I should clarify Palpatine and Yoda weren't swordmasters at this point.

Yoda didn't carry one, and there's no evidence Palpatine kept his lightsaber following TFU.

UCanShootMyNova

Impressive accolade for Ben though that doesn't place him above him.

DarthAnt66
Right, but it puts him as Vader's equal (or superior) as a technical duelist.

Refer to my point that Ben decreased significantly since Episode III Obi-Wan.

UCanShootMyNova
That's only if you take the quote to mean lightsaber combat as a whole rather then just technical skill. And that doesn't take into account Obi Wan having improved augmentation due to growth in the Force and thus becoming a superior lightsaber combatant in this regard ( though not necessarily on the whole ).

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
That's only if you take the quote to mean lightsaber combat as a whole rather then just technical skill. And that doesn't take into account Obi Wan having improved augmentation due to growth in the Force and thus becoming a superior lightsaber combatant in this regard ( though not necessarily on the whole ).
I assume you mean the other way around, since I suggested it meant technical skill.

That being established, Ben's greater Force abilities (which are up for debate, in any case) still had him labeled as a "shadow of his former self" compared to Obi-Wan Kenobi in regards to combat, so I disagree.

UCanShootMyNova
No, I agree that it refers to technical skill. Must have misread.

In regards to combat as a whole? Mind quoting me the passage?

Beniboybling
Ahsoka stomps:

https://i.imgur.com/jCU50ts.gifv

Rebel95
She also fought Maul evenly

Azronger
Kenobi

ares834
Originally posted by Darth Thor
More proof that Vader > Palpatine as a Swordsmaster eek!

thumb up

Sheev fans BTFO

Kurk
Sabers: Kenobi 6-7/10
Force: While I'd like to give Tano the edge, there are too few showings to derive this from. She has more potential than Kenobi imo.
All-Out: Kenobi 7-8/10

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Ahsoka stomps:

https://i.imgur.com/jCU50ts.gifv WTF LOL

Ursumeles
Fightsaber states that Darth Vader couldn't penetrate Old Ben's lightsaber defenses.

Considering the fact that Episode III Obi-Wan Kenobi is significantly superior to Old Ben with a blade, he's better than Darth Vader too.
Canon =/= Legends :/

MythLord
I just realized that accolade means Dooku and Anakin are canonically > Vader as swordsmasters...

I love it!

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
I just realized that accolade means Dooku and Anakin are canonically > Vader as swordsmasters...

I love it!
Just above ANH Vade...WAIT! YOU'RE SCREWED, SYN!

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by MythLord

I love it!

In Legends of course, doubt anyone was arguing against that.

Beniboybling
So Kenobi > Vader > Sidious? Lol.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
WTF LOL smile

DarthDuelist9
So Kenobi > Vader > Sidious? Lol.

There are also other sources which confirm that Vader could've won eventually and by that time Sidious didn't carry a lightsaber so he technically didn't count in this equation.

SunRazer
Ant's quote is good but doesn't preclude Ben being equal with Vader, which is suggested by other sources.

Geistalt
Legends Obi-Wan wins; Canon Obi-Wan loses.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ant's quote is good but doesn't preclude Ben being equal with Vader, which is suggested by other sources.

How about 'Death Star' claiming Vader is Kenobi's better IIRC?

SunRazer
Where does it say that? And it's from Vader's perspective.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
Where does it say that? And it's from Vader's perspective.

Thought that it mentioned how Anakin was a better fighter back then and now Vader to or something along those lines. Could be wrong though,

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
There are also other sources which confirm that Vader could've won eventually and by that time Sidious didn't carry a lightsaber so he technically didn't count in this equation. Even if that were the case, so what?

DarthDuelist9
Even if that were the case, so what?

That means Vader isn't > Sidious as a duelist since the latter wasn't considered a duelist at that time.

Rebel95
Where is this from?

SunRazer
Not sure. It's not Fightsaber, that's for sure.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Thought that it mentioned how Anakin was a better fighter back then and now Vader to or something along those lines. Could be wrong though,

Again, Vader's perspective.

SunRazer
Yeah, it's not. Don't know why I said that.

Looks like TCSWE to me, but it could be something else.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Rebel95
Where is this from?
@Ant

DarthAnt66
Lightsaber Dueling Pack.

Rebel95
Lightsaber Dueling Pack.
Interesting. Do you take that as a pretty valid source?

DarthAnt66
I'd say so. The entire work was dedicated to examining and assessing Darth Vader's lightsaber abilities, so I see no reason not to.

Rebel95
https://www.amazon.com/Lightsaber-Duelling-Pack-Star-Wars/dp/0874310881

Is this it?

DarthAnt66
Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.