All New Spiderman vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Parker has been endowed with Absorbing Man powers. He gets 5 yrs to practice with said power.

vs

Superman

Basic knowledge is turned off in this battle.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Parker has been endowed

No, he hasn't:

https://comicbookscalping.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/spider-manreign1nude.jpg

Sin I AM
Even with Creels powers i cant think of away for him to put Clark down

carver9
Of course you cant. Anyone else.

Sin I AM
Of course you cant. Anyone else.

PHUCK is that supposed to mean? It's a featureless environment. He doesn't have anything to absorb.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
PHUCK is that supposed to mean? It's a featureless environment. He doesn't have anything to absorb.
rolling on floor laughing

carver9

laughing out loud

You know nothing of Absorbing Man. Look at his fights against Thor.

Khazra Reborn
Absorbing Man could be insanely powerful, the only thing that holds him back is stupiditiy. Someone like Parker would be a beast with Crusher's power set.

Sin I AM
I know nothing or Thor? Are you kidding? It's a featureless ENVIRONMENT. WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO ABSORB? You gave spidermans creels power. You didnt specify the environment. It's not like he can absorb organics. 616 creel isnt even the most powerful version on the character. Earth X version is

Zack M
Superman stomps. Nice thread.

carver9
I know nothing or Thor? Are you kidding? It's a featureless ENVIRONMENT. WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO ABSORB? You gave spidermans creels power. You didnt specify the environment. It's not like he can't absorb organics. 616 creel isnt even the most powerful version on the character. Earth X version is

Sigh. He can absorb your strength if you punch him. He can absorb your blast if you blast him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400721625%2Fpost-68118961_3245

Hell, he absorbed ODIN power when Odin blasted him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400555078%2Fpost-68118961_3247

Does anyone have that Hulk scan where he was Absorbing Hulk power every time he punched him. Hell, Thor was afraid of him making contact with him. Lol...like I said, you know nothing of the character.

Zack M
Superman throws him into the sun. nice thread.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack M
Superman throws him into the sun. nice thread.

So Superman gives him a sun dip? He gained the powers of Thor when Thor punched him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400554715%2Fpost-68118961_3254

Sin I AM
Still dont see where he absorbs organics. Ill wait though

Zack M
So Superman gives him a sun dip? He gained the powers of Thor when Thor punched him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400554715%2Fpost-68118961_3254

Not before Supes kills him.

carver9
Sin, you've been proven wrong in this thread. Move on please. Anyways, Superman is highly intelligent so I was hoping someone could find a work around where he could beat this version of Spiderman.

carver9
Not before Supes kills him.

Sun dip it is then.

Parmaniac
He absorbed a cosmic cube ffs

darthgoober
I know nothing or Thor? Are you kidding? It's a featureless ENVIRONMENT. WHAT IS HE SUPPOSED TO ABSORB? You gave spidermans creels power. You didnt specify the environment. It's not like he can absorb organics. 616 creel isnt even the most powerful version on the character. Earth X version is
He absolutely CAN absorb organics. He's done it multiple times against Thor.

Also, a featureless environment doesn't mean he's fighting in a vacuum. Absorbing the properties of the Earth itself through the ground the fight takes place on is always a distinct possibility.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac

He absorbed Sentry power as well. Hulk powers, Thor, etc, etc... by physically touching them.

darthgoober
He absorbed Sentry power as well. Hulk powers, Thor, etc, etc... by physically touching them.
If you look at his earliest appearances he doesn't even have to touch them, just be near them.

Parmaniac
Helium
Journey into Mystery #114-115 (1965)

Asgard
Journey Into Mystery #121-123 (1965)

Dazzler (organic)
Dazzler #18-19 (1982)

Cocaine (organic)
Marvel Knights Spider-Man #16 (2005)

Cosmic Cube
Mighty Avengers #32-33 (2010)

darthgoober
Here's some specifics Sin...

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400556351%2Fpost-68118961_3246

And it's not even limited to pure strength, he can even copy stuff like people's agility...

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400560383%2Fpost-68118961_3243

With AM's powers at Spidey's disposal, Supes is seriously screwed in this fight.

Zack M

When has Spidey done that?

carver9
When has Spidey done that?

Last night.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Helium
Journey into Mystery #114-115 (1965)

Asgard
Journey Into Mystery #121-123 (1965)

Dazzler (organic)
Dazzler #18-19 (1982)

Cocaine (organic)
Marvel Knights Spider-Man #16 (2005)

Cosmic Cube
Mighty Avengers #32-33 (2010)

I know of these

Originally posted by darthgoober
Here's some specifics Sin...

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400556351%2Fpost-68118961_3246

And it's not even limited to pure strength, he can even copy stuff like people's agility...

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400560383%2Fpost-68118961_3243

With AM's powers at Spidey's disposal, Supes is seriously screwed in this fight.

I thought this ☝ was retconned to him absorbing energy, could be wrong though. I assuming basic knowledge of the opponent is being used. So Clark freezes him..meh no contest

Zack M
Last night.

Must of been a small feat, since I missed it. cool

darthgoober
I know of these

I thought this ☝ was retconned to him absorbing energy, could be wrong though. I assuming basic knowledge of the opponent is being used. So Clark freezes him..meh no contest
I'm aware of no such recton, his powers have always been to absorb the properties of things as far as I'm aware. That's not to say that there aren't instances of his full abilities being ignored/forgotten by writers, but a lot of that can also just be considered his CIS in play.

Freeze breath shouldn't work either, he'd just BECOME freeze breath. The guy basically "auto absorbs" the properties of anything he's attacked with...

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400553195%2Fpost-68118961_3239

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400558955%2Fpost-68118961_3239

carver9
Some is trying to safe face. She wasn't aware of any of those scans.

carver9
Must of been a small feat, since I missed it. cool

You miss all Marvel fts which is the reason you make Spiderman vs Darkseid threads.

smile

Zack M
You miss all Marvel fts which is the reason you make Spiderman vs Darkseid threads.

smile

you just made a Spidey vs Superman thread.

Sin I AM
I'm aware of no such recton, his powers have always been to absorb the properties of things as far as I'm aware. That's not to say that there aren't instances of his full abilities being ignored/forgotten by writers, but a lot of that can also just be considered his CIS in play.

Freeze breath shouldn't work either, he'd just BECOME freeze breath. The guy basically "auto absorbs" the properties of anything he's attacked with...

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400553195%2Fpost-68118961_3239

https://vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400558955%2Fpost-68118961_3239

Freeze breath isnt energy though. Its a dramatic drop in temperature. Its not like he's hitting him with matter

darthgoober
Freeze breath isnt energy though. Its a dramatic drop in temperature. Its not like he's hitting him with matter
He can become fire, becoming cold shouldn't be an issue. Also, breath is air and air is matter... he can become that too. In fact one time Thor tricked him before he was well acquainted with his powers into becoming helium so he dispersed and floated away. But in more recent times he's done things like becoming smoke as a method of travel so that kind of thing is no longer an issue.

Seriously, pretty much the only reason he's ever beaten is because he's dumb. Supes would likely beat standard AM in a fight because he could be easily tricked, but Spidey with AM's powers and 5 years to practice with them would be a whole different story.

carver9
He can become fire, becoming cold shouldn't be an issue. Also, breath is air and air is matter... he can become that too. In fact one time Thor tricked him before he was well acquainted with his powers into becoming helium so he dispersed and floated away. But in more recent times he's done things like becoming smoke as a method of travel so that kind of thing is no longer an issue.

Seriously, pretty much the only reason he's ever beaten is because he's dumb.

He turned to snow before and he has turned into wind.

https://m.vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400555406%2Fpost-68118961_3245

Sin I AM

Seriously, pretty much the only reason he's ever beaten is because he's dumb. Supes would likely beat standard AM in a fight because he could be easily tricked, but Spidey with AM's powers and 5 years to practice with them would be a whole different story.

Hmmm i dunno. Fire is energy though. I cant see how hed transform when there's no chemical exchange. Cold breath is basically a flash freeze in a localized area. HV on the other hand i could see

darthgoober
Hmmm i dunno. Fire is energy though. I cant see how hed transform when there's no chemical exchange. Cold breath is basically a flash freeze in a localized area. HV on the other hand i could see
He doesn't actually absorb things, he absorbs the properties of things. That's why when he "absorbs" someone's strength they don't actually become weaker, he just becomes stronger. "Cold" is just a property of the air Supes is expelling, it shouldn't be any issue for him.

Sin I AM
He doesn't actually absorb things, he absorbs the properties of things. That's why when he "absorbs" someone's strength they don't actually become weaker, he just becomes stronger. "Cold" is just a property of the air Supes is expelling, it shouldn't be any issue for him.

Cold is a byproduct of the air he's blowing not a property. So if i stick him in a furnace a turn up the heat he will what absorb heat?

darthgoober
Cold is a byproduct of the air he's blowing not a property. So if i stick him in a furnace a turn up the heat he will what absorb heat?
He'd prob absorb the furnace itself. But if you look at the scan I posted earlier where hulk threw the red hot rivets at him, he became red hot and "steamy".

Sin I AM
He'd prob absorb the furnace itself. But if you look at the scan I posted earlier where hulk threw the red hot rivets at him, he became red hot and "steamy".

You're reaching with the steam comment. But im not referring to the furnace itself im talking about the raise in temperature. Splitting hairs really come to think of it asgard absorbing aside whats his cap? He has been overloaded unless you think thats a low showing

darthgoober
You're reaching with the steam comment. But im not referring to the furnace itself im talking about the raise in temperature. Splitting hairs really come to think of it asgard absorbing aside whats his cap? He has been overloaded unless you think thats a low showing

Well in the aforementioned scan, he's red hot so obviously his temperature's also raised.

His portrayed cap is obviously varied. He's absorbed the likes of Asgard and a cosmic cube successfully, but he's also been overloaded by less. And every time it's happened the circumstances surrounding it make it difficult to quantify. Sentry did it once, but in their next encounter AM did ok by absorbing his power over time rather than all at once(and let's face it, Sentry's power level is EXTREMELY variable). Dazzler did it, but who can say how much power she was pushing since she was converting Blackbolt's voice into light and BB himself didn't seem to be able to overload him. Quasar did it, but that's after AM successfully absorbed the quantum bands and Quasar specifically noted that bad things happen to people who wield the power of the Quantum Bands without being protector of the Universe and started pumping more and more power into him.

AM is basically the ultimate plot device character totally subject to the whims of the writer. But since we take characters "at their best" on the forum, I wouldn't count on anyone in the herald tiers as being able to overload his abilities(even my boy Surfer). When you get right down to it, giving AM the magic potion that created him was the stupidest thing Loki ever did. If he'd drank the potion himself he could have kicked Thor's ass at will. I mean AM's powers PLUS Loki's powers and cunning... Thor wouldn't stand a chance lol.

Sin I AM
Well in the aforementioned scan, he's red hot so obviously his temperature's also raised.

His portrayed cap is obviously varied. He's absorbed the likes of Asgard and a cosmic cube successfully, but he's also been overloaded by less. And every time it's happened the circumstances surrounding it make it difficult to quantify. Sentry did it once, but in their next encounter AM did ok by absorbing his power over time rather than all at once(and let's face it, Sentry's power level is EXTREMELY variable). Dazzler did it, but who can say how much power she was pushing since she was converting Blackbolt's voice into light and BB himself didn't seem to be able to overload him. Quasar did it, but that's after AM successfully absorbed the quantum bands and Quasar specifically noted that bad things happen to people who wield the power of the Quantum Bands without being protector of the Universe and started pumping more and more power into him.

AM is basically the ultimate plot device character totally subject to the whims of the writer. But since we take characters "at their best" on the forum, I wouldn't count on anyone in the herald tiers as being able to overload his abilities(even my boy Surfer). When you get right down to it, giving AM the magic potion that created him was the stupidest thing Loki ever did. If he'd drank the potion himself he could have kicked Thor's ass at will. I mean AM's powers PLUS Loki's powers and cunning... Thor wouldn't stand a chance lol.

Agree to disagree on the red hot bolts thing. But u make valid points. Iirc when he absorbed ultrons intelligence in elseworlds he killed the avengers

darthgoober
Agree to disagree on the red hot bolts thing. But u make valid points. Iirc when he absorbed ultrons intelligence in elseworlds he killed the avengers
Yeah his role in Earth X was crazy. A lot of people don't realize that at the end of the story it was revealed that AM's powers were that of imagination itself and he could actually become anything he could imagine. Which makes it seem really weird that he had to die to save the planet. If I were writing it I'd have simply made him bond with the Earth itself, assume a role similar to that of Ego the Living Planet, and simply "will" himself to have a stable core made of vibranium. But I guess that idea wouldn't have supported the Paradise X Arc that followed so... meh.

Sin I AM
Yeah his role in Earth X was crazy. A lot of people don't realize that at the end of the story it was revealed that AM's powers were that of imagination itself and he could actually become anything he could imagine. Which makes it seem really weird that he had to die to save the planet. If I were writing it I'd have simply made him bond with the Earth itself, assume a role similar to that of Ego the Living Planet, and simply "will" himself to have a stable core made of vibranium. But I guess that idea wouldn't have supported the Paradise X Arc that followed so... meh.

Did you read paradise x? I loved earth x. Especially caps death.

Sin I AM
I honestly thought marvel was going that route with 616 when black bolt released the terrigan mists.

darthgoober
Did you read paradise x? I loved earth x. Especially caps death.
I read parts if it. Back then torrents were the way to dowload comics and Paradise X books were hard to find online, but I did like what I read. Earth X Absorbing Man was actually one of my draft picks back in batdude's tourney. That's how I became so familiar with AM lol

Stoic
Superman would just throw 4 Quintilian tons of feces at him, and he'd turn into a giant turd monster.

LordofBrooklyn
Especially caps death.

THE WORST DEATH IN THE HISTORY OF COMICS!!!

thumb down thumb down thumb down

abhilegend
Superman throws him in space. Good luck copying space.

h1a8
So it's basically Superman against another kryptonian. Superman easily wins because Creed has less experience with Superman's power set.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
So it's basically Superman against another kryptonian. Superman easily wins because Creed has less experience with Superman's power set.

Creel is not in the topic, just his powers that are being used by Spiderman. Spiderman is going to win this btw.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
Creel is not in the topic, just his powers that are being used by Spiderman. Spiderman is going to win this btw.

Got any scans to back that up

Stoic

Why would I need scans? Superman would be facing the spider sense, then he'd be facing his own powers, then he'd be out cold.

Stoic

Hey, you ever hear of a character named Massacre?

darthgoober
How would he have scans of Spiderman using AM's powers to beat Supes lol?

The conditions of this thread are purely theoretical, logic and common sense are obviously bigger factors for Spidey than scans are here. We don't assume he loses just because he's never met the conditions of the OP on panel. Supes is fighting someone who's physically supperior(especially in agility) with precog here... realistically there's no way for him to win.

Stoic

The conditions of this thread are purely theoretical, logic and common sense are obviously bigger factors for Spidey than scans are here. We don't assume he loses just because he's never met the conditions of the OP on panel. Supes is fighting someone who's physically supperior(especially in agility) with precog here... realistically there's no way for him to win.

Well there was that time that Superman had a run in with Massacre. He was unable to hit him because Massacre knew what he was going to do before he did it, and he lost the first battle. This being Superman and all, he came back and defeated Massacre who did not have Creel's abilities, Pete's smothering webs, and agility. Now if it were Black Adam, Ultraman, or Zod, they would have gone back and gotten the same treatment over and over again. I think that it would be extremely possible for Spiderman with the added powers to win this.

staxamillion
. Supes is fighting someone who's physically supperior(especially in agility) with precog here... realistically there's no way for him to win.

yes

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
Why would I need scans? Superman would be facing the spider sense, then he'd be facing his own powers, then he'd be out cold.

No limit fallacy?

Where did you get the assumption that he's physically superior? I asked for scans of creel out doing Superman level characters. You make it seem as if he can't be beat which isnt logical et all

krisblaze
Absorbing man won't see Supes coming.

He needs to be consciously aware of the attack to absorb it.

Either that or Supes wraps him in his cape and clubs him like a bag of kittens.

Surtur
Sigh. He can absorb your strength if you punch him. He can absorb your blast if you blast him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400721625%2Fpost-68118961_3245

Hell, he absorbed ODIN power when Odin blasted him.

https://m.vk.com/topic-68118961_33283929?z=photo-68118961_400555078%2Fpost-68118961_3247

Does anyone have that Hulk scan where he was Absorbing Hulk power every time he punched him. Hell, Thor was afraid of him making contact with him. Lol...like I said, you know nothing of the character.

Well gee, why not just list us all of the ways Absorbing Man has been defeated over the years.

h1a8
Can AM be koed?
He's starts off with human level durability right?
Creed will be koed while he has the power of Superman.
It's still a win.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by h1a8
Can AM be koed?
He's starts off with human level durability right?
Creed will be koed while he has the power of Superman.
It's still a win.

confused

Did you mistype something here?

Parmaniac
No limit fallacy? Originally posted by Parmaniac

bluewaterrider
Although I agree with most everybody else, i.e. Spider-Man wins the fight with moderate difficulty, it's worth pointing out that Absorbing Man CAN absorb things that are disadvantageous to him. With the 5 years of practice mentioned in the previous post, Spider-Man's pre-cognitive warning sense, and Peter Parker's own innate intelligence, it's not likely to happen, but ...

It IS possible.

The following is a particularly interesting case of Absorbing Man Creel absorbing something bad. It has interesting implications if Creel is made into a Thor villain once again (the actual comic, contrary to what the author of this article asserts, heavily implies Creel IS directly responsible for the good brought about here).

http://www.progressiveruin.com/2010/03/08/and-then-there-was-that-time-the-absorbing-man-turned-into-cancer/

bluewaterrider
Recall again that the current Thor is Jane Foster, chemotherapy patient, as you click and read the following:

http://www.progressiveruin.com/2010/03/08/and-then-there-was-that-time-the-absorbing-man-turned-into-cancer/

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by krisblaze
Absorbing man won't see Supes coming.

He needs to be consciously aware of the attack to absorb it.

Either that or Supes wraps him in his cape and clubs him like a bag of kittens.

No prior knowledge. Supes won't know to wrap him up.

But what happens if he encounters a Kryptonian??

https://s5.postimg.org/q3hvzz2hj/Thunderstrike16_21.jpg

krisblaze
Celestials -> Kryptonians.

darthgoober
Where did you get the assumption that he's physically superior? I asked for scans of creel out doing Superman level characters. You make it seem as if he can't be beat which isnt logical et all

As stated in the scan I posted of him and the Hulk, he doesn't replace his strength and such with that of his opponents, he STACKS their stuff on top of what he already has. So Supes wouldn't be facing someone with equal stats, he'd be facing someone with his stats+Spiderman's. I'm not saying that's a huge edge(relatively speaking) by any means, but it is an edge. He's done it with the likes of Hulk and Thor, so I really don't see why he'd have difficulty doing it with Supes.

DarkSaint85
Celestials -> Kryptonians.

When did he absorb Celestials?

krisblaze
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
When did he absorb Celestials?

Stellaris's powers are celestial in origin aren't they?

Am I way off base here? lmao

DarkSaint85
Stellaris's powers are celestial in origin aren't they?

Am I way off base here? lmao

But the MAGNITUDE was not an issue.

After all, Creel has absorbed a Cosmic Cube before.

It was the TYPE. It was too alien.

Celestial are NOT > Kryptonians, in terms of how alien they are to the MCU.

darthgoober
But the MAGNITUDE was not an issue.

After all, Creel has absorbed a Cosmic Cube before.

It was the TYPE. It was too alien.

Celestial are NOT > Kryptonians, in terms of how alien they are to the MCU.
Yeah but don't forget about the Mod ruling involving speed steal/Zoom and Marvel characters. We don't rule out powers working just because characters are from a different company even if powers have such limits withing their native universe.

DarkSaint85
Yeah but don't forget about the Mod ruling involving speed steal/Zoom and Marvel characters. We don't rule out powers working just because characters are from a different company even if powers have such limits withing their native universe.

Flash was unable to speed steal Zoom, because he has zero speed. NOT because he is from an alt. universe.

The argument here is different. Creel was unable to handle something too alien, something too different.

Kryptonians def fit that bill, even in DC.

darthgoober
Flash was unable to speed steal Zoom, because he has zero speed. NOT because he is from an alt. universe.

The argument here is different. Creel was unable to handle something too alien, something too different.

Kryptonians def fit that bill, even in DC.
They were unable to speed steal Zoom because he's not tied to the Speedforce and neither are Marvel characters. If we assume speedstealing works even against characters from other companies not connected to the speedforce, we need to assume that people like AM's powers work too and not just give characters from other companies a free pass against them.

And don't get me wrong cause I think the ruling is totally bogus, but it is what it is.

DarkSaint85
They were unable to speed steal Zoom because he's not tied to the Speedforce and neither are Marvel characters. If we assume speedstealing works even against characters from other companies not connected to the speedforce, we need to assume that people like AM's powers work too and not just give characters from other companies a free pass against them.

Of course they do - but we all know that Creel's power is specifically unable to deal with characters that are too alien. It has limits, and there is nothing more alien than a Kryptonian to Marvel.

Hell, he's alien even to DC, lol.

darthgoober
Of course they do - but we all know that Creel's power is specifically unable to deal with characters that are too alien. It has limits, and there is nothing more alien than a Kryptonian to Marvel.

Hell, he's alien even to DC, lol.
In that case you'd need to show that Krytonians are as "alien" to Creel as Celestial tech. He has copied stuff alien to Marvel Earth(vibranium, Quantum Bands, cosmic cube) after all, Stellaris is the only time he's encountered something too "alien" to copy. That says something about her and Celestial tech specifically, it doesn't reflect on EVERYTHING alien.

DarkSaint85
So how different is a Kryptonian to Marvel? Is there anything even remotely similar?

darthgoober
So how different is a Kryptonian to Marvel? Is there anything even remotely similar?
Kryptoinians don't exist in Marvel obviously, but again giving them a pass just because of that goes against the aforementioned mod ruling. We know that he's copied alien stuff before without incident except for Celestial tech, there's no reason to think he'd have issues with "absorbing" the properties of a Kryptonian. After all, there's only like a 2 chromosome difference between a Kryptoinan and a human unless I'm mistaken(and maybe not even that officially since Supes and Lois have a kid now)

DarkSaint85
Then that 2 chromosome difference could well be the decider. Am interested in seeing that!

darthgoober
Doubtlful. There's a lot more than a 2 chromosome difference between a human and a piece of wood after all... let along Celestial tech lol

DarkSaint85
No I meant I'm interested in seeing that there's only two chromosomes difference.

darthgoober
No I meant I'm interested in seeing that there's only two chromosomes difference.
Ah. Well you'd have to ask a Supes expert about that cause I'm totally clueless as to the issue it was covered in. I just know it was established as the reason he couldn't have a kid with a human. That's why I said there may be even less difference now that him and Lois DO have a kid lol

darthgoober
Come to think of it, the fact that he's now able to have a kid with Lois just further supports the point that his physiology isn't THAT alien compared to humans.

abhilegend
Come to think of it, the fact that he's now able to have a kid with Lois just further supports the point that his physiology isn't THAT alien compared to humans.
WTF are you talking about? Jon was born when Superman was depowered on Brainiac's city and it was considered a miracle.

Kryptonians are not at all similar to humans.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
WTF are you talking about? Jon was born when Superman was depowered on Brainiac's city and it was considered a miracle.

That's pretty interesting, did he lose his powers before he got Lois pregnant?

abhilegend
Yeah.

carver9
Still doesn't make sense. It's like saying if Martian Manhunter was depowered, he could have a child with Beyonce.

DarkSaint85
Still doesn't make sense, if humans are so similar to Kryptonians, why does Lex have such issues with Bizarro clones?

carver9
Still doesn't make sense, if humans are so similar to Kryptonians, why does Lex have such issues with Bizarro clones?

Has Lexus related human clones?

carver9
Sorry, phone typo but has Lex created humans.?

StiltmanFTW
Carverus

Derrickus

KMCeerus

krisblaze
Ah. Well you'd have to ask a Supes expert about that cause I'm totally clueless as to the issue it was covered in. I just know it was established as the reason he couldn't have a kid with a human. That's why I said there may be even less difference now that him and Lois DO have a kid lol

Ask Carter.

StiltmanFTW
It's "carterus", krisusblazus.

StiltmanFTW
Ilagrokus

krisblaze
Stfu sniktbubus

StiltmanFTW
haermm2

Make me, thorbagus stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Carverus

Derrickus

KMCeerus

laughing out loud laughing out loud

darthgoober

His genetics didn't change because he was depowered. And if Kryptonians have ANY difference in chromosome count from humans, a child between the two would be a miracle. It doesn't mean they're not at all similar to humans. You can't really say that they're "not at all similar" when they have the same anatomy and Kryptonians are basically humans when they live under a red sun.

Comic book science has weird failings like that sometimes, it's not really a suitable indicator. Just look at how Reed can build virtually anything imaginable EXCEPT for a machine that cure Thing without any side effects. And just look at the serious issues Mr. Sinister has had cloning Sabretooth in the past.

abhilegend
His genetics didn't change because he was depowered. And if Kryptonians have ANY difference in chromosome count from humans, a child between the two would be a miracle. It doesn't mean they're not at all similar to humans. You can't really say that they're "not at all similar" when they have the same anatomy and Kryptonians are basically humans when they live under a red sun.

Comic book science has weird failings like that sometimes, it's not really a suitable indicator. Just look at how Reed can build virtually anything imaginable EXCEPT for a machine that cure Thing without any side effects. And just look at the serious issues Mr. Sinister has had cloning Sabretooth in the past.
Kryptonians aren't basically humans under red sun. What a laughable claim. They have distinct organs which are totally inexplicable by human science.

Just like humans aren't basically kryptonians under a yellow sun.

And its fiction, aliens having children with humans doesn't means they are similar to humans.

krisblaze
Every now and the Supes gets injured and they bring up how different kryptonian and human physiology are.

Even so I doubt AM wouldnt be able to absorb.

DarkSaint85

I've just not seen it, so was wondering if I could see it with my own eyes, is all.

Thanks anyway. I'm gonna stick to my alien theory.

StiltmanFTW
darksaintus

carver9
Isn't Thor considered an alien?

abhilegend
No. He is a god.

DarkSaint85
......isn't that general comic knowledge?

Besides, I'm not saying all aliens cannot be absorbed by Creel. Just that there's obviously a limit to how alien his target is, before he collapses.

StiltmanFTW
No. He is a god.

Don't be ridiculous, abhilegendus.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/7d/d6/f7/7dd6f75b81fe91e840d593aaa6454725.jpg

abhilegend
Thor 2 is a ****ing disgrace to the King Kirby.

StiltmanFTW
It was marvellous.

abhilegend
fu

StiltmanFTW
Oh, I forgot the act. You are the new Rage and I'm your celery wink Like Obama and Biden, right? Okay, let's do it properly now:

YEAH THOR IS A MIGHTY GOD OF THUNDERRR UNLIKE THAT PUSSY KRYPTONIAN SUPERCHILD THAT GETS KICKED BY BATMANZ

abhilegend
It's not an act.

huh

StiltmanFTW
Sure, abhi.

It's just as legit as me repping Spider-Man or... or Id doing THIS:

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/8/6/customsig_81786_nL.gif

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar81786_19.gif

abhilegend
I'm actually a Thor fan though. Always has been.

erm

StiltmanFTW
smile

You keep saying that, but nobody believes it. We know the truth, bro.

abhilegend
erm

StiltmanFTW
You want to be on trial for fake thorbagging...?

Judge Pr would give you an 18-month ban sentence.

Delta1938

And don't get me wrong cause I think the ruling is totally bogus, but it is what it is.

It was because Zoom wasn't tied to the Speed Force? I would think it was because Zoom didn't have true super speed since Flash has done that to those not tied to the Speed Force and inanimate objects moving around. Actually, I remember him seed stealing Inertia when he became Kid Zoom and took all of Zoom's power.

Wait is this something more recent Post-FLASHPOINT?

krisblaze
Originally posted by Delta1938
It was because Zoom wasn't tied to the Speed Force? I would think it was because Zoom didn't have true super speed since Flash has done that to those not tied to the Speed Force and inanimate objects moving around. Actually, I remember him seed stealing Inertia when he became Kid Zoom and took all of Zoom's power.

Wait is this something more recent Post-FLASHPOINT?

He stole Inertia's speed PRIOR to him becoming Kid Zoom.

That was the reason why he had to become Kid Zoom.

Delta1938
He stole Inertia's speed PRIOR to him becoming Kid Zoom.

That was the reason why he had to become Kid Zoom.

FUUUUUUUUUUCK I can't believe I mixed that up. embarrasment

krisblaze
Originally posted by Delta1938
FUUUUUUUUUUCK I can't believe I mixed that up. embarrasment

Too late now, off to the gallows with you.

Delta1938
Too late now, off to the gallows with you.

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.