Trump softens on emailgate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ayelewis
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/12/donald-trump-appears-to-soften-stance-on-range-of-pledges

It appears Mr Trump and his allies, despite their valor intentions of protecting the sacred oath of the justice system, will more than likely end their "investigation" of Hillary Clinton. In other words, the smear campaign to stall the Democrat momentum was a success.

Hey, the good news is that Ken Starr's 8 year toiling on the Clinton's didn't cost you $70 million this time around. big grin

I guess Pat Robertson and the folks at "Citizens for Honest Government" will breathe a huge sigh of relief of not emptying their pockets this time around to rally the troops. Lord knows that's an inconvenience when you're fighting to get a trustworthy government in office like the good ole GOP, who's rap sheet includes Water-Gate and Iran-Contra.

Surtur
So the question is will the people who didn't want him to go after Hilary be happy for this or will they just use it as an excuse to whine about Trump?

Since hey he totally said if he was in charge she'd be in jail! And certainly nobody would whine if he kept his word and tried to put her in jail, correct?

Ayelewis
I'd say either way, no. If Hillary doesn't run as a political adversary, Republicans wouldn't care. It reminds me of Sheffield Nelson, an adversary of Bill's, who ran the story of Whitewater in order to discredit him. If Nelson had become Governor of Arkansas he would have dropped the case, because of it's wastage of tax payer's money. It's why Bush (Sr) pardoned the principle members on the Iran Contra scandal when he lost the presidency. It's inconvenient and unnecessary when tax payer's money is at stake. Suffice to say, All Republican politicians are lying s hitsacks.

Surtur
I get that, but people are pissed off over the policies Trump proposed. Yet then some people seem to be equally angry when he shows even any hint that he might not do those policies.

But..the people who should be upset over that should actually be the people who wanted those policies.

For example, if I just had this hard on for getting rid of Obamacare and Trump then came and talked about maybe not fully getting rid of it..I should be the one pissed, and the people who had anxiety over him getting rid of Obamacare should be at least a bit relieved.

Republicans should be more pissed off at Donald Trump right now than Democrats.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Surtur
So the question is will the people who didn't want him to go after Hilary be happy for this or will they just use it as an excuse to whine about Trump?

Since hey he totally said if he was in charge she'd be in jail! And certainly nobody would whine if he kept his word and tried to put her in jail, correct?

No one who supported Clinton cared if he appointed a special prosecutor. She was never in danger of going to jail, because she did nothing wrong. The initial post in this thread proves that the controversy was manufactured to hurt here election prospects, which is exactly what people had been trying to tell you all along. Congratulations on falling for it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
No one who supported Clinton cared if he appointed a special prosecutor. She was never in danger of going to jail, because she did nothing wrong. The initial post in this thread proves that the controversy was manufactured to hurt here election prospects, which is exactly what people had been trying to tell you all along. Congratulations on falling for it.

Oh man oh man. Too precious. I never said she was in danger, I said people would whine if Trump tried to put her in prison, which they totally would.

The fact you think they wouldn't just shows how truly disconnected from reality some of her supporters are.

Anyways, I know you aren't upset about people manufacturing stuff to hurt her election prospects. No wait you probably are because you feel the Clinton campaign did nothing shady, which would mean you don't think they tried to dick Bernie out of any chance..which would make them just as shady as anyone trying to manufacture some shit to hurt your chances at winning.

Silent Master
She did plenty wrong, it's just that the FBI attributed it to stupidity rather than criminal Inten.

Adam_PoE
Oh man oh man. Too precious. I never said she was in danger, I said people would whine if Trump tried to put her in prison, which they totally would.

The fact you think they wouldn't just shows how truly disconnected from reality some of her supporters are.

Anyways, I know you aren't upset about people manufacturing stuff to hurt her election prospects. No wait you probably are because you feel the Clinton campaign did nothing shady, which would mean you don't think they tried to dick Bernie out of any chance..which would make them just as shady as anyone trying to manufacture some shit to hurt your chances at winning.

I never said she was in danger either. That is precisely why I said I would not care if he tried to put her in jail, because he would not be able to. She would have to have done something wrong first for anyone to even care if he was going to try.

The fact that you believe every ridiculous conspiracy about the Clintons shows how disconnected from reality you are. Especially in the context of the Trump administration declining to pursue the matter, because it was a giant nothingburger, yet, you still insist it is true.

Surtur
But I never said I believed every single conspiracy. If I did, it means I'd think the kunt has body doubles and shit like that.

I never said you specifically would care, I said PEOPLE would. People, the media, whatever..would throw a tantrum if he tried to jail her.

snowdragon
Oh, there is NO DOUBT she broke the law in regards to her email server and the data kept on said server and the documents she destroyed.

Now I realize some of her supporters don't/haven't worked in an enviroment with sensitive material and they don't have a f-k-n clue but we sent ppl to jail for far less and penalized them and thats that.

With that said it would be a HUGE olive branch, she should get some legal ramifications but for peace it might be in Trumps best interest to pardon her.

S_W_LeGenD
Trump should deliver on his promises, no matter what. Otherwise, he risks alienating his supporters as well. The divide was already there, he did not create it. And he should not feel guilty about it.

More importantly, Trump should be very careful about what he says. Critics will use his statements against him one way or the other. They are already doing it. Trump should understand that some segments of society will always whine about him. He should not bother with them.

Trump should get the right advisers and get tough on those who want to sabotage his efforts.

Tzeentch
Did anyone actually believe, even for a second, that Trump would try to prosecute Hillary?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Did anyone actually believe, even for a second, that Trump would try to prosecute Hillary?
Clintons are above the law?

FinalAnswer
Yes.

Surtur

I can't even tell, because most people also believed Trump had no chance, and those smug individuals were HILARIOUSLY off base.

Of course I'm still not even talking about belief lol. I'm talking about anger over an act. This would entail the act went through. So for arguments sake we're talking about if Trump tried to go after her, would people flip out? So whether they believed he would or not would be irrelevant, if he did..would they care?

The answer is of course "yes, yes they would".

Ziggystardust
Yeah, prosecuting Hill-Dog the Vanquished is not a priority. She is far less of a threat, and the President's time is better spent else where.

quanchi112
This isn't the first stance he will soften on. Half the shit he said was utterly ridiculous it's amusing to me people actually took some of these things seriously.

quanchi112
Did anyone actually believe, even for a second, that Trump would try to prosecute Hillary? Hilariously so.

Beniboybling
Good. I look forward to Trump backtracking on more of his policies.

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Good. I look forward to Trump backtracking on more of his policies.

Just like we all look forward to more and more liberal tears over the coming weeks.

It's fun to have stuff to look forward to isn't it? Indeed, indeed.

Beniboybling
You sound triggered friend, d'you need a safe space?

Surtur
You sound triggered friend, d'you need a safe space?

I sure could use some play-doh and bubbles right now. See though one thing those other safe spaces lack is tinker toys.

I'm so traumatized the person I didn't want to win didn't win.

carthage
He backtracked on the wall, Obamacare, and now prosecuting Hillary. And for being so "populist", his cabinet is filled with Country club republican/Neocon scum like Gingrich and Christie.

Looks like he's going to take a shit in the mouths of his supporters.

Surtur
Originally posted by carthage
He backtracked on the wall, Obamacare, and now prosecuting Hillary. And for being so "populist", his cabinet is filled with Country club republican/Neocon scum like Gingrich and Christie.

Looks like he's going to take a shit in the mouths of his supporters.

I still think we have to wait and see. It is possible he doesn't intend to do as much backtracking as he says and is just trying to maybe calm people down so they stop burning shit and attacking cops because they are so butthurt.

Or he might have planned this all along and been conning people. Or he might have had a genuine change of heart once he actually won the presidency.

At this point I can't say any of those explanations is more likely than the other.

Though a politician making promises he ends up not keeping..surely that would fall under the Hilary excuse of "that's just politics!" that we saw used so many times over the course of this election. So damn I even get some amusement out of it either way. Like I said before: the gift that keeps on giving.

Beniboybling
I sure could use some play-doh and bubbles right now. See though one thing those other safe spaces lack is tinker toys.

I'm so traumatized the person I didn't want to win didn't win. Perhaps not traumatised, but somehow you're managing to be pretty hysterical about it.

ares834

It's almost as if he deserves to be criticized regardless of what he does.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Pretty sure we will be able and just check off the list of "Glen Beck called it" on how and what Trump will do .

*somewhere Timmy just had a conniption fit*

Surtur
Perhaps not traumatised, but somehow you're managing to be pretty hysterical about it.

This is true, I have been laughing hysterically for most of this week.

But then it's a hysterical situation.

Originally posted by ares834
It's almost as if he deserves to be criticized regardless of what he does.

Yes, or to put it another way: it's almost as if liberals won't be happy regardless of what Trump says or does.

ares834
Yes, or to put it another way: it's almost as if liberals won't be happy no matter Trump says or does.

Oh, I think most Liberals will be perfectly happy with Trump not pressing charges. However, just because they are happy, does not mean he is exempt from criticism. As he ultimately lied to his supporters.

Surtur
Originally posted by ares834
Oh, I think most Liberals will be perfectly happy with Trump not pressing charges. However, just because they are happy, does not mean he is exempt from criticism. As he ultimately lied to his supporters.

I'm talking in the broader sense though. I don't think they will be happy if Trump ends up being a bad president, but that is understandable. On the other hand, I get the feeling they won't be happy if he turned out to be a good president as well.

I feel like for every decision and situation for them it's not going to matter what he does. Which isn't really the best thing for this country.

S_W_LeGenD
It is too early to determine what Donald Trump will do or not once he takes charge of the oval office. Some media sources underestimated him before and they continue to underestimate him now. So take anything from such media sources with a grain of salt.

At present, Trump is building his team. And he is determined to deliver on his promises: https://www.yahoo.com/news/protests-spread-trump-tones-down-rhetoric-173145786.html

Robtard
Trump has yet to be officially sworn in and the Trump fairweather fans are dropping like flies based on Trump's claims that do not fulfill the promise to his supporters. Oh my.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Trump has yet to be officially sworn in and the Trump fairweather fans are dropping like flies based on Trump's claims that do not fulfill the promise to his supporters. Oh my.

LMAO, butthurt Hilary voters are clinging to whatever they can in these post election days.

It's good stuff.

Robtard
LMAO, butthurt Hilary voters are clinging to whatever they can in these post election days.

It's good stuff.

Jeez, you really come off as very angry and your guy won. Are you having second thoughts?

But am I wrong? There's people here who were gloating on election night and now after only a few days are distancing themselves.

Surtur
Jeez, you really come off as very angry and your guy won. Are you having second thoughts?

I just love the butthurt. I love the different strategies different people try to take to ease their butthurt.

One day they might talk about fairweather Trumpers, the next they might just do the whole "you angry bro?" thing.

Bashar Teg

But am I wrong? There's people here who were gloating on election night and now after only a few days are distancing themselves.

i've never seen such a rapid surge of post-election buyers remorse. typically voters wait till after the inauguration.

Surtur
Yes, buyers remorse. I'm actually not enjoying this at all, you got me.

BG-_ZDrypec

LMAO!! Man even the dead aren't safe from the tears.

Robtard
That's a wonderful Cohen song.

Surtur
RIP Leonard Cohen, sorry they dragged you into this.

Robtard
It's a love song, a sad love song. You really need to calm down.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i've never seen such a rapid surge of post-election buyers remorse. typically voters wait till after the inauguration.

'Buyer's remorse"

#nailedit

Surtur
It's a love song, a sad love song. You really need to calm down.

You're right a man is dead, it's wrong to laugh at the way one of his sad songs was used.

Silent Master
The Dems should have ran a better candidate.

Surtur
Anyone experiencing buyer's remorse I have a few remedies.

A nice dose of this will help:

7NsHSrgwlXo

Apply thrice daily, it will really help:

TZ-FUptkUNY

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
The Dems should have ran a better candidate.

They really should have. The fact they think people will be regretting voting for Trump just tends to show once again how they missed the mark.

They can't even comprehend that even after all this those same voters still prefer Trump over Hilary.

Astner
The only people I've seen making an issue of it are hardcore Clinton supporters. And it's not a bad idea for Trump not to announce any mass exterminations at the moment because he's technically not elected yet.

Bashar Teg
Jeez, you really come off as very angry and your guy won.

it's been a phenomenon since election night. angry toxic antagonizing, as if every aspect of their world view was validated by their win (of course that's never the case when a democrat wins), and with a certainly that they're entitled to a mass-apology and groveling for forgiveness from everyone who didn't fall in line with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fflsiNBk_A

Surtur
Who are you talking to?

He's talking to me, it makes them feel slightly better to pretend I'm actually just super angry and upset right now.

Surtur
In other words, you REALLY should have been here before the election lol.

Bashar Teg
Not you, others have.

Call it anger or a melt down, but it's just entertainment.

If people weren't so smug on this board about it..well, they wouldn't be getting trolled so hard now.

People can't act like smug dicks and just pretend everyone else needs to suddenly become mature once things do not go their way. The internet doesn't work that way gentlemen.

you have clearly been in a vindictive rage since election night.

it pleases me to know that you need to engage in compulsive petty trolling in order to distract from the fact that you really have nothing else to celebrate.

Silent Master
IMO, it's worth celebrating that Hillary won't be the next President.

Surtur
you have clearly been in a vindictive rage since election night.

it pleases me to know that you need to engage in compulsive petty trolling in order to distract from the fact that you really have nothing else to celebrate.

Yes yes I understand how it'd help soothe the butthurt to believe the things you do.

Don't worry man, if Trump had lost and you and others had been trolling me(like I know you would) I suppose I'd be telling myself those same things as well.

It's okay, it will all be okay. The world still turns.

Surtur

Yes, plus like I said..people here were oh so very very smug about how she'd definitely be winning and about how they'd be enjoying the tears of Trumpers.

Perhaps they will now only gloat once they actually have something to gloat about.

Lol nah, they probably won't, but meh.

Astner
I don't know. I really looked forward to that no-fly zone.

Surtur
Originally posted by Astner
I don't know. I really looked forward to that no-fly zone.

You will have to settle for the "no abortion" zones.

Zing!!

Surtur
Don't worry guys I'm sure eventually the election will stop being funny.

Either that or I'll have a heart attack from too much laughter. That's a win win.

Robtard
Maybe he smoked crack before partaking in his edible pot goods?

Surtur
Maybe he smoked crack before partaking in his edible pot goods?

No crack is whack.

Robtard
I believe what QP is trying to tell you is that you're acting like a crybaby in return.

Surtur
I believe what QP is trying to tell you is that you're acting like a crybaby in return.

That would be hilarious though, because if I'm acting like a baby it's a happy baby, not a crying baby.

Surtur
Yes, yes! I love the name.

Bashar Teg
Yes, yes! I love the name.

no you don't. probably sent 12 reports already.

Surtur
no you don't. probably sent 12 reports already.

LOL nope, never reported anyone, never will.

I truly like knowing I can effect people enough they will take the tame to register a user name about me.

Silent Master
He has a point, mocking the crybabies gets them to post more of their butt-hurt and thus gives him more to laugh at. If the Hillary supporters would just stop whining and moaning, he wouldn't have anything to laugh at.

Surtur
He has a point, mocking the crybabies gets them to post more of their butt-hurt and thus gives him more to laugh at. If the Hillary supporters would just stop whining and moaning, he wouldn't have anything to laugh at.

Exactly, and they just wanna keep it up with "oh you're so angry" and "enjoy your melt down".

They literally don't know when to stop, it's like the stupidest energizer bunnies on the planet.

Bashar Teg
Exactly, and they just wanna keep it up with "oh you're so angry" and "enjoy your melt down".

They literally don't know when to stop, it's like the stupidest energizer bunnies on the planet.

you're accurately describing your own actions, tho. it's hysterical that you can't see this. thanks for providing some entertainment for an otherwise gloomy monday. thumb up

Surtur
Originally posted by Quantum Power
What were you cleaver on? State your positions you have won on.

Dude, my advice is for you to just stop lol. What am I supposed to even do with you man? You say you're clever, then after I tell you I never said I was clever, you respond "what were you clever on?" and you don't even spell clever correctly.

Silent Master
Why would he need to stop?

Surtur
you're accurately describing your own actions, tho. it's hysterical that you can't see this. thanks for providing some entertainment for an otherwise gloomy monday. thumb up

I've already said I won't stop until they stop whining. I've already described my own actions. The problem is I'm not the one butthurt.

Silent Master
How exactly is mocking and laughing at crybabies stupid?

Surtur
I literally just gave you an example of your stupidity. Holy shit, don't ever stop lol.

Please continue to respond.

This is getting good, Bash was right..you ARE complex.

Robtard
But you come off as so utterly stupid while you're trying to do it..it's just hilarious.

Come on now, I say I never said I'm clever and the first thing you say is "what were you cleaver on?"

That's just good stuff. I don't want to stop because if I stop then sweety..you'd stop too.

You'd stop, Bash would stop, Rob would stop.

Am I the one who is crying, bitching and moaning? Thanks for letting me know, carry on.

Surtur
Am I the one who is crying, bitching and moaning? Thanks for letting me know, carry on.

I dunno, it sure seems like in your way you do. See your whole thing about fairweathers and stuff.

Bashar Teg
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Surtur
Originally posted by Quantum Power
I spelled it clever. It's in your own quote. Go back and look, Now who looks stupid?

You are the one who can't spell clever.

Umm..you edited your post and corrected the spelling lol.

Surtur
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

It is great, I got some cracker jacks.

Robtard
I dunno, it sure seems like in your way you do. See your whole thing about fairweathers and stuff.

I had a feeling that me noting the beginning migration of the Trump fair-weathers would have triggered some people, notably the fair-weathers; you just confirmed it. Thanks, Surt. Carry on.

Surtur
I had a feeling that me noting the beginning migration of the Trump fair-weathers would have triggered some people, notably the fair-weathers; you just confirmed it. Thanks, Surt.

Nobody was triggered? I said it seemed like your way of crying about it.

Surtur
This thread just gets better and better.

Surtur
Also afraid to pick a side? It's as if reality just went away. I didn't think Trump would win. I wanted him to win. I picked a side I wanted to achieve victory, I just didn't think they would.

That is NOT "not picking a side". I told people I voted for Trump, I had made it clear which side I would prefer to win.

Bashar Teg
http://i.imgur.com/Ik7ogxmm.jpg

Surtur
http://i.imgur.com/Ik7ogxmm.jpg

I see you ignored it was about more than just the spelling, hilarious.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Hillary Lost

I'm a little baby that likes to cry

smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.