Plagueis>TPM Sidious Quote?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
I've heard this quote exists, that Luceno has said that Plagueis could have bested TPM Sidious. Does anybody have the quote?

UCanShootMyNova
Yep. I'll post it in a bit though somebody should already have gotten it to you by then.

darthbane77
thumb up

ILS
Luceno was asked if Sidious could have taken Plagueis in a straight up fight if he chose that route instead of assassination. Luceno responded saying "he thinks Plagueis would find a way to undermine his apprentice".

UCanShootMyNova
"in a duel"

UCanShootMyNova
Context. wink

ILS
I don't remember the question having a sabers only criteria.

UCanShootMyNova
It said "in a duel" whether that meant sabers or in a general fight is up to interpretation.

ILS
While a duel could suggest use of weapons, lightsabers, the context was whether or not Sidious could kill Plagueis without being underhanded about it. Force powers were probably included in the discussion.

Context indeed. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by ILS
While a duel COULD suggest use of weapons, lightsabers

Come on now.

ILS
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Come on now. My apologies. Let me amend my post:

Irregardless of the context of the discussion - whether Sids had the chops to kill Plagueis without getting him drunk - lets hang on the use of the word duel and assume Sidious is fighting like only a brave warrior knows how: with his trusty sword and nothing else.

UCanShootMyNova
I noted that it was possible.

It said "in a duel" whether that meant sabers or in a general fight is up to interpretation.

I just don't think we should ignore that Plagueis and Sidious will be using every tool at their disposal to take each other out.

ILS
I just don't think we should ignore that Plagueis and Sidious will be using every tool at their disposal to take each other out. I haven't said otherwise the entire time. You're the one insisting that it "could" have been a pro 1v1 swords only fight. I'm telling you why in all likelihood that isn't the case.

Solar Power
Originally posted by ILS
Irregardless

http://imgur.com/Syc0lEL

Egh, that's the second time in recent history you used that word Swords, think of the children!

EDIT: dang, the gif didn't show...

ILS
It has a nice ring to it, tho!

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by ILS
I haven't said otherwise the entire time. You're the one insisting that it "could" have been a pro 1v1 swords only fight. I'm telling you why in all likelihood that isn't the case.

No you haven't. You explained it could have referred to them fighting in another way which I agreed with. Why do you think it's more likely it was referencing a Force bout?

ILS
No you haven't. You explained it could have referred to them fighting in another way which I agreed with. Why do you think it's more likely it was referencing a Force bout? I said it was likely that it was referencing a fight. no expression

UCanShootMyNova
I'm confused... You're suggesting a "duel" could have been anything but a fight?

ILS
I'm confused... You're suggesting a "duel" could have been anything but a fight? I just realised the miscommunication. Lmao.

I didn't omit the word "duel" in my first post to suggest Plagueis' undermining of Sidious would be outside of a fight. I just didn't use the word. I think the question refers to an all-out fight between the two.

When you brought me up for not mentioning the word duel, I thought you were suggesting that "duel" meant sabers only. I thought it was apparent that the question meant a fight and you were disagreeing over what kind of fight it was.

UCanShootMyNova
Oh! That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, that's what I thought you were saying.

No worries.

NewGuy01
Cringe.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Cringe.

UCanShootMyNova
Problem?

Azronger
http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11656

Q: Do you feel that had it come to a contest of lightsabers or Force powers that Sidious would have prevailed anyway?

Luceno: If it had come to a duel, I think Plagueis may have found a way to undermine his apprentice.

It should be noted this is just his opinion, however.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger
http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11656

Q: Do you feel that had it come to a contest of lightsabers or Force powers that Sidious would have prevailed anyway?

Luceno: If it had come to a duel, I think Plagueis may have found a way to undermine his apprentice.

It should be noted this is just his opinion, however. Awesome, thanks.

UCanShootMyNova
The opinion of the guy who wrote the book...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.