Choose your character against a Borg incursion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
The scenario takes place on the Enterprise. Q is messing around again and he has brought Picard's crew into Delta quadrant for their first encounter with the Borg. This is comic versions, but the events of this episode are part of comics continuity anyway AFAIK.

This time, however, Q has become aware through time travel of crossovers between the Enterprise crew and the X-Men & Green Lanterns, and thinks it might be fun to add some new characters to the mix. He gives Picard the ability to choose a Marvel or DC character to help against the Borg. They must prevent the Borg gaining a foothold and taking over Enterprise's systems until the crew have made repairs and the ship can escape.

You in Picard's place must make the choice of who can help best:

Scenario 1: Where Picard can only choose a street level character.

Scenario 2: Anyone lower than low herald.

Scenario 3: Any earth-based hero.

Scenario 4: Any earth-based villain.

Scenario 5: Picard must choose one of Man-Thing, Apocalypse, WWH, Dracula, or HULK KILLER HUMANOID to fight for him.

The characters can totally cut loose with powers, because Q will be protecting the Enterprise and crew from any friendly fire.

The cube has arrived, the first Borg scout will be teleporting on to the bridge in 5 minutes, to be followed by backup groups if the first one fails. They will be attempting to adapt from each encounter or assimilate and at least twenty will make it over in pairs or threes. Characters can take the fight to the cube if it is within their ability to do anything there.

Who can save Picard and his crew?

Sin I AM
Street level. Punisher

Lower than low herald. Cyborg

Any earth based hero: Dr. Doom

Any earth based villian. Cyborg Supes

Man-Thing

Cogito
Someone remind me...have the Borg adapted to blunt force trauma before?

Edit: ^ Hank has never been Earth based

golem370
1.Reed Richards
2.Madison Jefferies
3.Colossus
4.Juggernaut
5.Apocalypse

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Cogito

Edit: ^ Hank has never been Earth based

Oh..? Where is he from?

Surtur
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Street level. Punisher

Lower than low herald. Cyborg

Any earth based hero: Dr. Doom

Any earth based villian. Cyborg Supes

Man-Thing

Doctor Doom is a hero now?

Oh..? Where is he from?

He is from Earth. But then so is Star Lord, and I wouldn't call him Earth based either.

I guess it depends on when you look at Cyborg Supes. Eventually he was off in space getting involved with Green Lanterns and shiznit.

DarkSaint85
Aquarian
Jenny Sparks
Dr Fate
Cyborg Superman
Dracula (mist form, plus mysticism).

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur
Doctor Doom is a hero now?

He is from Earth. But then so is Star Lord, and I wouldn't call him Earth based either.

I guess it depends on when you look at Cyborg Supes. Eventually he was off in space getting involved with Green Lanterns and shiznit.

Doom has always played the hero.. smokin' but yes, yes he is.

Hes from earth..started out on earth. He's earth based.

Cogito
Oh..? Where is he from?

He's from Earth, but he's always been space based. He just occasionally comes back to Earth with trouble (see: destruction of Coast City, Sinestro Corps War)

-K-M-
Just pick Madison Jeffries then

Surtur
Doom has always played the hero.. smokin' but yes, yes he is.

Hes from earth..started out on earth. He's earth based.

Okay I guess what I'm saying is just because you are from Earth doesn't necessarily mean you are Earth based. See my example of Star Lord from the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Or to use another example, people would say Thor is probably Earth based, even though he's not from Earth.

I would argue someone is "based" wherever they spend a majority of their time.

DarkSaint85
Just had an inspired thought.

1. Midnighter.
2. Jenny Sparks.
3. JackHawksmoor
4. The Evil Doctor
5. Drac.

Galan007
Henshaw was made for this.

Cogito
Sure, except that he doesn't fit the bill on any of the scenarios

Galan007
You wouldn't call him an earth-based villain?

Cogito
Since when is he based on Earth? He's always in space unless he's destroying Coast City or coming with an army of yellow lanterns and the AM to destroy Earth.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Cyborg Superman

☝

golem370
Aquarian
Jenny Sparks
Dr Fate
Cyborg Superman
Dracula (mist form, plus mysticism).

Dark you have no streetlevelers.

basilisk
Street level. Punisher
Given machine guns have taken down Borg, it would be pretty funny if the secret to stopping them was just to send in guys like the Punisher.

Aquarian
Jenny Sparks
Dr Fate
Cyborg Superman
Dracula (mist form, plus mysticism). Are Aquarian and Jenny in those categories? Not sure about Jenny but Aquarian shouldn't be street level.

Originally posted by golem370
1.Reed Richards
2.Madison Jefferies
3.Colossus
4.Juggernaut
5.Apocalypse

It would be kind of cool seeing guys like Apocalypse, Juggs, or Drac up against Borg drones trying to assimilate or adapt. Jefferies could be a good choice, as long as he can protect himself from the nanites.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by basilisk
Are Aquarian and Jenny in those categories? Not sure about Jenny but Aquarian shouldn't be street level.

Jenny is a High Meta. Those Borgs are gonna get fried.

Originally posted by golem370
Dark you have no streetlevelers.

Aquarian is a street leveller smile

https://s5.postimg.org/6xrc3dt07/CAANN07_07b2.jpg

https://s5.postimg.org/qtnbixa1j/Quasar04_0132.jpg
https://s5.postimg.org/hadmpgmjb/Quasar04_0142.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Choked out... omg.

Shaw destroys 1,000 aquarians.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.