Maul comic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDuelist9
There is a new Maul comic planned for February 2017.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/11/14/exclusive-star-wars-darth-maul-comic-book/93789660/

Zenwolf
Hmm...neat, a look into Canon Maul's younger days and training!

|King Joker|
You ****er I was just about to post that

DarthDuelist9
You don't deserve to post Maul stuff

|King Joker|
After learning a young Jedi Padawan named Eldra Kaitis has fallen into the hands of a crime lord, Maul seizes an opportunity to test his skills against a real Jedi but also maybe turn someone else to the dark side.

GET READY LOL

UCanShootMyNova
Padawan #4.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
There is a new Maul comic planned for February 2017.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/11/14/exclusive-star-wars-darth-maul-comic-book/93789660/

YES!

Trocity
Maul is going to fight another mighty padawan? Oooooooooohhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Disney holds him in such high esteem.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
After learning a young Jedi Padawan named Eldra Kaitis has fallen into the hands of a crime lord, Maul seizes an opportunity to test his skills against a real Jedi but also maybe turn someone else to the dark side.

GET READY LOL

There we go again

|King Joker|
Maul vs. "young Jedi Padawan" -- place your bets now, folks!

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Darth Thor
YES!

Hold your breath, Maul's apparently going to be tempted to go to the Light Side.

Darth Thor
Hold your breath, Maul's apparently going to be tempted to go to the Light Side.

Well we know where he ends up.

My problem now is I'll be too impatient to wait for all 5 issues. Besides the Maul hating Trolls will spoil it every time he slips up.

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maul vs. "young Jedi Padawan" -- place your bets now, folks!

At least this time Maul's a Padawan himself.

Remember his skills are untested. And Sidious has told him he's not ready for the Jedi yet.

DarthAnt66
It's a shame the most technically refined warrior in Star Wars is diminished to this BS.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
the most technically refined warrior in Star Wars
confused

Beniboybling
I was hoping for a redemption arc, seems not. smile

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ursumeles
confused

He's been described as that many times in Legends. In regards to his Saber skills and martial prowess that is.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I was hoping for a redemption arc, seems not. smile

Hey he's the Padawan (Sith version) this time!

DarthAnt66
confused
Maul's combat skills were virtually unparalleled prior to TCW. erm

Ursumeles
Maul's combat skills were virtually unparalleled prior to TCW. erm
Dooku, Windu, Yoda, Sidious erm

UCanShootMyNova
I think he's reffering to technical ability. I.E. your knowledge and skill in fighting irregardless ( damn it ) of force augmentation or other various advantages you may possess.

Darth Thor
Dooku, Windu, Yoda, Sidious erm

It was Sidious who said it.

It was just Saber and melee combat skill. Not Force Mastery or power.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I think he's reffering to technical ability. I.E. your knowledge and skill in fighting irregardless ( damn it ) of force augmentation or other various advantages you may possess.
Ah, ok.

@Ant Dooku, Windu, Yoda, Sidious... erm

Ursumeles
It was Sidious who said it.
When?

DarthAnt66
Ah, ok.

@Ant Dooku, Windu, Yoda, Sidious... erm
I said "virtually." erm

Obviously tier nines like Windu, Anakin, Yoda, Palpatine, and Luke are better than him.

However, Maul's raw training was likely far more extensive and brutal than any of them.

The fact he's directly on par with swordsman like Kenobi and Dooku is telling though. thumb up

Ursumeles
Yeah.

The first time you said "the", tho.

Nah, Tyranus > Kenobi > Maul smile

DarthAnt66
There's a difference between "the most technically refined" and "combat skills were virtually unparalleled."

Maul likely is the most technically refined though, although obviously has tough competition.

Ursumeles
What exactly do you mean with: "the most technically refined"?

UCanShootMyNova
I'd say Dooku is honestly. At least in regards to dueling. Maul is probably a better martial artist.

ares834
Awesome news!

Can't wait to see Mail lose to another Palawan. thumb up

DarthAnt66
What exactly do you mean with: "the most technically refined"?

Who's bladework (so equalized augmentation) is the greatest without factoring in Force-enhanced precognition, reflexes, senses, etc.

DarthDuelist9
Maul > Obi-Wan, still stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
SoD Maul (peak Maul) and RoTS Kenobi (peak Kenobi) are likely dead equals overall.

Ursumeles
Who's bladework (so equalized augmentation) is the greatest without factoring in Force-enhanced precognition, reflexes, senses, etc.
Eh, that would imo be more likely Dooku; or Kenobi/Yoda/Windu/Sidious.

DarthAnt66
Eh, that would imo be more likely Dooku; or Kenobi/Yoda/Windu/Sidious.

The only legitimate contenders would be Dooku or Kenobi.

It's funny that they're all tier eights. thumb up

Darth Thor
When?

Shadow Warrior. And in one of the short stories. Might be Saboteur.

Plus there's the fact that he's one of the most highly trained Sith apprentices in both Legends and Canon.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
Awesome news!

Can't wait to see Mail lose to another Palawan. thumb up

You do realize he's only lost to 1 Padawan right? So has Vader for that matter.

DarthDuelist9
SoD Maul (peak Maul) and RoTS Kenobi (peak Kenobi) are likely dead equals overall.

So Obi-Wan would grow faster than Maul, at least in terms of the Force, why do you think that?

carthage
Cullen Bunn is a good writer too (Sinestro/Uncanny Xmen), this should be a good comic.

ares834
You do realize he's only lost to 1 Padawan right? So has Vader for that matter.

Like I said, "another".

Darth Thor
Like I said, "another".

You'd love that!

Well it doesn't matter because he's a Sith Padawan himself in this.

ares834
Already preparing the excuses I see.

Good. Goooooood.

Darth Thor
Already preparing the excuses I see.

Good. Goooooood.

Screw you mad

ILS
Will be cool to see child Maul in comic form.

Tenuously excited to see how they f*ck it up.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by ILS
Will be cool to see child Maul in comic form.

Tenuously excited to see how they f*ck it up.

To be fair, the comics are normally pretty oke.

Darth Thor
Yeah and they usually get their best feats in that medium too.

UCanShootMyNova
Disney comics are solid.

Darth Thor
Marvel comics actually.

Kurk
This better be good

quanchi112
Marvel comics actually. ironic post x9000.

YousufKhan1212
Maul vs another Padawan.

It could go either way.

Zenwolf
Anyone else found this series to be just...eh? I mean the last issue comes out July 19th, first 2 issues were alright, the last 2 issues...meh.

I hope the final issue is something good though.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Anyone else found this series to be just...eh? I mean the last issue comes out July 19th, first 2 issues were alright, the last 2 issues...meh.

I hope the final issue is something good though.
Don't kill the hype Zen sad
Maul might beat a Padawan! Happy Dance

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Don't kill the hype Zen sad
Maul might beat a Padawan! Happy Dance

It's just, the last 2 issues...just felt like Maul was a big babysitter. I felt it would have been better, if the Padawan escaped herself and then fought Maul, instead of being dragged around for nearly 2 issues and then fighting Maul.

But we'll see I suppose what happens in the last.

Rockydonovang
I'm honestly disappointed here. We were told we would see Maul would be seriously pulled towards the light and we'd see him being conflicted which would have made this comic or story genuinely interesting.

Also, it seems they've retconned the whole thoughtbomb thing with Jedi apparently not giving the sith a choice

Zenwolf
I'm honestly disappointed here. We were told we would see Maul would be seriously pulled towards the light and we'd see him being conflicted which would have made this comic or story genuinely interesting.

Also, it seems they've retconned the whole thoughtbomb thing with Jedi apparently not giving the sith a choice

That'll probably happen in the last issue during the fight with the Padawan, in fact it wouldn't surprise me as it would be any reason for her to contend with him if he's conflicted.

I found his older series more engaging though.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
That'll probably happen in the last issue during the fight with the Padawan, in fact it wouldn't surprise me as it would be any reason for her to contend with him if he's conflicted.

I found his older series more engaging though. I kinda felt this series insulted Maul's abilities for combat.
1. Would make sense, but I feel this kind of development should have been spread out throughout the arc

2. I feel people would enjoy maul as a character way more if they stopped obsessing about his combative ability.

Regardless I'm pretty sure Maul's the sith equivalent of a padwan here so It's hardly fair to expect him to be pulling off tpm level showings, not that his showings have been bad here.

I just feel Maul would be better if he was handled more as a character rather than a combatant

Zenwolf
1. Would make sense, but I feel this kind of development should have been spread out throughout the arc

2. I feel people would enjoy maul as a character way more if they stopped obsessing about his combative ability.

Regardless I'm pretty sure Maul's the sith equivalent of a padwan here so It's hardly fair to expect him to be pulling off tpm level showings, not that his showings have been bad here.

I just feel Maul would be better if he was handled more as a character rather than a combatant

1. True

2. I enjoy his character, but he started as nothing more than a complete bonafied martial combatant as of TPM, that's one of his character traits.

I dunno, I guess it's just weird for him to be needing Cad Bane and Sing really. Though yeah his showings were pretty good.

Yeah he's an equivalent to a Padawan, but title and position doesn't really mean much for Sith. I suppose it would be fair to see when this all takes place though.

We'll see I guess what happens, hopefully the fight is good.

Unbowed
I really don't see Maul's showings as being either good or bad. Just generic fodder slaughtering so far. We'll just have to wait for the fight to see how strong he is at this time.

But does anyone actually believe he couldn't have handled the whole hunting party by himself?

As for the final issue, I'm not getting my hopes up. You just know at the end it will be revealed that the whole ordeal was somehow a convoluted Palpatine master plan all along, and it will foreshadow Maul's demise on Naboo..

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Unbowed
I really don't see Maul's showings as being either good or bad. Just generic fodder slaughtering so far. We'll just have to wait for the fight to see how strong he is at this time.

But does anyone actually believe he couldn't have handled the whole hunting party by himself?

As for the final issue, I'm not getting my hopes up. You just know at the end it will be revealed that the whole ordeal was somehow a convoluted Palpatine master plan all along, and it will foreshadow Maul's demise on Naboo..

Well with the way the SW canon is going with numbers vs Force Users, dunno I mean in Vader's newest solo he got pressured with numbers.

I'm sure the fight will be good...hopefully.

Darth Thor
Just read this. I actually really enjoyed it.

Perhaps because I just recently saw this video of Lucas discussing the Sith and this comic was really consistent with Lucas's ideas on them:

https://youtu.be/44H1zWYubmM

And of course was cool seeing Cad Bane and Maul working together.

DarthDuelist9
Just read this. I actually really enjoyed it.

Perhaps because I just recently saw this video of Lucas discussing the Sith and this comic was really consistent with Lucas's ideas on them:

https://youtu.be/44H1zWYubmM

And of course was cool seeing Cad Bane and Maul working together.

Yeah, agreed. It did some justice to Maul and involving Bane and Aurra created some more continuity

Darth Thor
Yeah, agreed. It did some justice to Maul and involving Bane and Aurra created some more continuity

Also nice to see his Sith Infiltrator in action. There's cool space sequences in the new battlefront game as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.