Marvel's The Inhumans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inhuman
MARVEL's THE INHUMANS Coming To ABC Next Fall; First Two Episodes Will Premiere In IMAX Theaters

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/other/marvels-the-inhumans-coming-to-abc-next-fall-first-two-episodes-will-a146790

https://s3.postimg.org/ae1r8r9kj/Black_Bolt.jpg

Pro Tip:My KMC name has nothing to do with "The Inhumans". Im not a huge fan of them.

Might be good http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/familycow/Smileys/smiley-confused013.gif

cdtm
So what, like Agent's of Shield Inhumans?

Inhuman
Originally posted by cdtm
So what, like Agent's of Shield Inhumans?

Yeah I guess they want to expand on that. Says it will feature Black Bolt and the royal family.

carthage
Count me in. I've been thoroughly impressed with everything Marvel has done on the small screen

quanchi112
Disappointed. I'd rather this be on the big screen.

marwash22
on ABC?

oh no.

Originally posted by carthage
Count me in. I've been thoroughly impressed with everything Marvel has done on the small screen Agents of Shield impresses you?

Flyattractor
So this is what Marvel Comics hopes to replace the X-Men Comics with?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by marwash22
on ABC?

I guess that means they've dumped their big screen plans for this?

Strange. I would have thought they wanted this as a film franchise as a sort of replacement for the X-Men.

I hope they get Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer back at least.

Originally posted by marwash22
Agents of Shield impresses you?

He's easily impressed.

But to be fair that shows 100 times better this season.

BruceSkywalker
I cannot wait to watch

staxamillion
AOS is ok.

it just has problem building a plot episode wise.

I do like the show but everytime I watch I kinda want to turn it off but then wait it gets kinda good

ares834
On ABC? Ugh. Fail.

Dreampanther

Surtur
I used to like Agents of Shield but I got bored like halfway through the 2nd season.

roughrider
Originally posted by Surtur
I used to like Agents of Shield but I got bored like halfway through the 2nd season.

It was after the events of Captain America: The Winter Soldier that AOS found it's groove, and it's been humming since.

Love the casting of Serinda Swan as Medusa. She played Zatanna on Smallville once upon a time.

wakkawakkawakka
So the latest edition of Fox vs Disney, has the latest teaser for Marvel's answer to no mutants:

1sYF1SXcWqQ

Black Bolt deserves better.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So the latest edition of Fox vs Disney, has the latest teaser for Marvel's answer to no mutants...

Black Bolt deserves better.

Have to say, it looked pretty good to me. Not perfect, but good enough to get me looking forward to it.

Surtur
IMO it looks terrible. Plus the CGI also looks bad, almost like filming this with "imax" cameras really just highlights how bad it is.

MF DELPH
Agree with Surtur. Looks like straight trash and the fact the same dude that headed up Iron Fist is showrunning this as well doesn't make me confident in it either. If it truly is a turd hopefully it costs Perlmutter, Loeb and Buck their jobs.

carthage
Its impossible to defend this clip other than Iwan clearly trying with the clunky dialogue he's given, Medusa's costume still looks like shit, the effects/sets look cheap, and with the ABC setting its going to be just as watered down as Inhumans arc in Agents of Shield. I'm not expecting much with this at all.

At least Punisher and Defenders will be good

Surtur
Medusa's hair didn't even seem to be moving around at all. Blackbolt also looks like a douche.

Lockjaw just looked depressing. Like I wanted it to be awesome, a motherf*cking dog that can teleport, but no...ruined.

Though I did laugh at Blackbolt getting punched and his "ugh!" sound even causing destruction. So wait, this dude probably can't even clear his throat without murderizing people.

Wait, what happens when Blackbolt sneezes?

tkitna
Looks better than any of the CW stuff. I'll be watching it.

carthage
IMO it looks about on par with the CW stuff production wise, I wonder if the CGI is better. We only get a few shots of Lockjaw and it looks about the same in quality. I'm not an expert so if any designer or expert in graphics wants to weigh in, I'd be curious to see if its the same

ares834
LMAO

This look terrible.

riv6672
Lockjaw looked hella cute.

BruceSkywalker
will watch first show, afterwards unknown

Darth Thor
Looks good enough, but I really do wish they made this a film franchise instead of the Tv series. This story needs to have larger repercussions on the MCU.

juggernaut74
Looks like crap.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by tkitna
Looks better than any of the CW stuff. I'll be watching it.

Agreed. Even the worst effort by Marvel so far, which was Iron Fist imo, was better than the tweeny emo drama angst with costumes and powers DC has been mass-producing. Never mind the special effects, if Inhumans at least has a decent story aimed at adults with brains I'm on board.

Mindset
Looks like hot doo doo

Surtur
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Agreed. Even the worst effort by Marvel so far, which was Iron Fist imo, was better than the tweeny emo drama angst with costumes and powers DC has been mass-producing. Never mind the special effects, if Inhumans at least has a decent story aimed at adults with brains I'm on board.

I guess I'm confused, you didn't think there was any emo angst in shows like Daredevil or Jessica Jones?

Ridley_Prime
Unnatural DC hate aside, this show looks like crap, and is just a byproduct of the Disney vs Fox shit with Dis making Marvel phase out and replace X-Men/mutants with the inhumans...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Unnatural DC hate aside,

Lol yeah some strange hate comments

carthage
-

Dreampanther
I guess I'm confused, you didn't think there was any emo angst in shows like Daredevil or Jessica Jones?

TWEENY emo angst. No. Drama, yes and tension and emotions, but not dumbed down to the point where the characters became caricatures of themselves. Jessica Jones was legitimately dark because David Tennant was legitimately scary and evil. JJ was traumatized but she was trying to deal with it in her own way, not endlessly standing around and feeling sorry for herself while making stupid mistake after stupid mistake. It was an intelligent show written by intelligent scriptwriters aimed at an intelligent audience.

Daredevil really didn't have a lot of angst at all, as far as I can recall. Matt didn't sit around complaining about the injustice of it all or constantly worry about the future or how hopeless everything was to Froggy - he just went out and kicked ass. Sometimes he got his ass kicked but he didn't whine about it like some teenage girl that was treated mean at school...

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol yeah some strange hate comments

There's nothing strange about it - I've made my dissatisfaction with the DC shows quite clear ages ago and stipulated why I stopped watching them. That doesn't mean I hate DC - I love most of their animated movies and I thought Wonder Woman was great. I am quite hopeful for Aquaman and holding thumbs that Justice League will be fantastic.

I'm just not enjoying the DC shows and whether I'm the audience they're aiming at or not, I (and my brother) have tried for several seasons to watch the shows before deciding life is too short to suffer through the endless mind-numbing melodrama that have become part and parcel of each show.

Surtur
TWEENY emo angst. No. Drama, yes and tension and emotions, but not dumbed down to the point where the characters became caricatures of themselves. Jessica Jones was legitimately dark because David Tennant was legitimately scary and evil. JJ was traumatized but she was trying to deal with it in her own way, not endlessly standing around and feeling sorry for herself while making stupid mistake after stupid mistake. It was an intelligent show written by intelligent scriptwriters aimed at an intelligent audience.

Daredevil really didn't have a lot of angst at all, as far as I can recall. Matt didn't sit around complaining about the injustice of it all or constantly worry about the future or how hopeless everything was to Froggy - he just went out and kicked ass. Sometimes he got his ass kicked but he didn't whine about it like some teenage girl that was treated mean at school...

Lol but wait, people on CW shows have legit adult reasons to brood as well. Example: Flash knew Iris was gonna be murdered. He has a reason to brood.

Why is that any worse than Jessica whining about Kilgrave and drowning her sorrows in booze? Okay, he mind screwed her. Yeah, and Flashes momma was murdered by an evil speedster from the future. Then multiple speedsters came just to f*ck with his life. It's not like he was worried about acne and who to take to the spring formal.

Oliver Queen watched his father blow his brains out before his eyes, had to then survive on an island for years, etc. These aren't exactly teen problems.

wakkawakkawakka
So is mentioning all the negative aspects of the DC TV shows supposed to suddenly negate that this is still a really bad trailer for the Inhumans?

If so it's not achieved the desired result IMO.

Surtur
I dunno, and honestly, if this was the year 2007 I'd feel more on board with comparing it to DC shows lol. I've seen season 7 episodes of Smallville that looked better.

Yes, I am totally including the episode Pete Ross gets super stretchy powers from gum that was exposed to kryptonite. Even that was better, and that is truly saying something.

Ridley_Prime
Well, I see where Dreampanther's coming from to a point, even if I don't entirely agree and still like the CW DC shows for the most part. See, even Flash which was often regarded as the best of them eventually suffered from the teen angst kind of melodrama with the relationships and such, but I still enjoy them otherwise like with the usual villains and such, except for Savitar who was sadly kinda lame because of his identity.

I just don't think this Inhumans show looks particularly good because I've never really identified with or connected or related to the inhumans like I have with a number of the X-Men & mutants, and a lot of the inhumans to me come off as pretty bland compared to the mutants who often felt more creative. But of course since Disney's about replacing the mutants with inhumans due to their fued with Fox, I don't support this show by association since it's a byproduct of that. Say what you will about the X-Men, but they ****ing CARRIED Marvel through the 90's, and are more iconic than the inhumans and Guardians of the Galaxy, and this is how they repay that brand? Just because of Fox owning the movie rights? Like piss off.

Dreampanther
Yeah, just to clarify: If you like Flash and Arrow then you like them: I liked the first couple of seasons as well. I got overloaded because to me it felt like Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow were just clones of each other and I got bored - and then I became I frustrated. I'm not saying they're bad shows (I can't, because I don't watch them anymore so I don't know what they are like nowadays).

Both my brother and I just eventually decided we don't enjoy watching them anymore for the reasons I explained above. I nearly gave up on SHIELD as well but I wanted to see Ghost Rider and now I'm hooked again - it really feels to me like the writing has improved and as if the show doesn't dwell on the angst so much. Coulson I think is the main argument for me liking SHIELD more than the DC shows: Instead of wallowing in misery he deals with what's happening and keeps the team positive, which to me feels like a more mature way of handling things.

I'm not here to convince anybody - everybody is welcome to make up their own minds.

Returning to The Inhumans: Because I'm a superhero fan I try to stay positive about every new show. Even if the special effects aren't that great, a good cast and strong writing can usually keep me interested. So I'm going to wait to make up my mind until I've at least seen the first couple of episodes.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
See, even Flash which was often regarded as the best of them

I honestly think Legends of Tomorrow is the best one at the moment. Maybe it's just down to using the best villains from Flash and Arrow, but this last season I found really entertaining.

Flash never really repeated it's level of quality from S1 (except maybe in a few episodes), but it's still a pretty entertaining show IMO.

I think Supergirl has significantly improved since it came to the CW as well.

Arrow however has been pis poor for a few seasons now. Any hate towards that show I totally get.

But if we're talking about degrading quality, even Marvel Netflix has suffered from that. Nothing's met the level of Daredevil S1 Imo, and the shows have lately been getting progressively worse.

AOS massively improved in the last season, but let's face it, prior to that the show was never exactly a top quality one.

wakkawakkawakka
All I know is that the Disney vs Fox feud is doing nothing but deterring fans from enjoying the franchises that both have. This Inhumans trailer does nothing to dissuade me from this opinion

On a slightly unrelated note concerning the recent state of the superhero series did Supergirl/AOS really improve that much? All I can remember is that Supergirl has a version of Superman that's more likable than the title character herself while AOS has Ghost Rider...doing stuff?

Surtur
I don't have a problem with people thinking Flash is emo and all that, I just don't know why teen emo-ness is any less preferable than non-teen emo-ness.

There is no good emo-ness IMO. In fact, teens being emo is more excusable than grown ups being emo.

Mindset
I don't have a problem with people thinking Flash is emo and all that, I just don't know why teen emo-ness is any less preferable than non-teen emo-ness.

There is no good emo-ness IMO. In fact, teens being emo is more excusable than grown ups being emo. Adult emo is actual emotional drama.

They're dealing with real problems, that's the difference.

Talon Fang
I agree with the Surtur Guy. The "problems" may be Adult in nature but how they handle them is most certainly not ADULT!

Darth Thor
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
All I know is that the Disney vs Fox feud is doing nothing but deterring fans from enjoying the franchises that both have. This Inhumans trailer does nothing to dissuade me from this opinion

On a slightly unrelated note concerning the recent state of the superhero series did Supergirl/AOS really improve that much? All I can remember is that Supergirl has a version of Superman that's more likable than the title character herself while AOS has Ghost Rider...doing stuff?

SG's become a much more fun show IMO.

Having GR really made AOS more entertaining as well and he seems to be a recurring character. Went a bit too Matrix in the second half of the season but still a big improvement on previous seasons. Although I hate how they tend to kill off the more likeable characters. Doesn't seem smart when they don't have too many of those in the first place.

Dreampanther
Although I hate how they tend to kill off the more likeable characters. Doesn't seem smart when they don't have too many of those in the first place.

Coincidentally, Ward was one of my favourite characters because he wasn't always that likeable, so it was great seeing him again in the last season. IMO he was one of the more rounded characters, neither purely good nor purely evil - and that made him more interesting than most of the DC characters (though Wentworth Miller did a great Leonard Snart).

I am hopeful that Inhumans do the same thing - make the characters interesting by giving them a different set of values and morals than the acceptable "good guy" standard.

Darth Thor
^ I was counting Ward as a likeable character.

I'm sure Inhumans will be good. Don't see Marvel messing up on such a big property.

Mindset
SG's become a much more fun show IMO.

Having GR really made AOS more entertaining as well and he seems to be a recurring character. Went a bit too Matrix in the second half of the season but still a big improvement on previous seasons. Although I hate how they tend to kill off the more likeable characters. Doesn't seem smart when they don't have too many of those in the first place. The Matrix bit wasn't all that great, but we got to see more depth from all the characters because of it. Fitch, Mack, and Jemma really benefited from it.

TheVaultDweller
Although I hate how they tend to kill off the more likeable characters. Doesn't seem smart when they don't have too many of those in the first place.

Speaking of just the last season, I quite liked Mace, and was bummed about how it ended. I actually liked that he wasn't Cap 2.0, like they wanted him to be, and was just trying to make the best of a situation he pretty much ended up in through dumb luck. At least he went out like a boss.

carthage
Second trailer, lmfao

The guy with the Green face looks like the Son of the Mask, and Medusa's hair looks like bad early 2000s CGI. This series looks like shit

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/888223134922493952

Firefly218
^ I was counting Ward as a likeable character.

I'm sure Inhumans will be good. Don't see Marvel messing up on such a big property. It's being made by the same schmuck behind Iron Fist so I'm not optimistic

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Speaking of just the last season, I quite liked Mace, and was bummed about how it ended. I actually liked that he wasn't Cap 2.0, like they wanted him to be, and was just trying to make the best of a situation he pretty much ended up in through dumb luck. At least he went out like a boss.

Yeah I was referring to Mace. He was a really likeable new character. Kill off Mak or someone instead jeez.

Darth Thor
Ouch:

http://www.gamesradar.com/the-crowd-laughed-at-the-footage-oof-the-inhumans-sdcc-trailer-isnt-getting-much-love/

Adam Grimes
The first 4 episodes are getting the first reviews and they're rather luke-warm. erm

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/defenders/the-first-wave-of-reviews-for-marvel-and-netflixs-the-defenders-are-in-and-theyre-decidedly-mixed-a152806

Mindset
Not at all surprising, it was actually expected.

Adam Grimes
Wtf, I intended to post that in the Defenders thread. I'm gonna be very surprised if this turns out not to be garbage tbh.

Darth Thor
Ugh.. Can't believe I paid to watch this on IMAX.

heathjack
my faovirte cw shows are
now on cw but i enjoy gotham!!
arrow i still enjoy Arrow but i didn't like the ending i might watch some of it to see what happens i higly reocmmend watching 1 thur 4 but if you don't wont to or already seen 1 thur 4 i higly reocmmend watching the fifth seaon before getting into the sixth seaon!!
the flash
dc ledges of tomorrow
super girl

for marvel shows im looking forward to
for returning marvel's Agents of sheild
marvels inhuman's
marvel's x-men gifted

-Pr-
I heard this is already cancelled. No season 2 at all. FFS.

marwash22
this, this... was not good.

ABC, please stahp.

carthage
I laughed at the scene when they Medusas hair off, the slow mo and their facial grimacing was ****ing hilarious. It reminded melt the slowmo fight in Step brothers where Will Ferrell and his bro were hitting each other. And **** the acting is wooden As ****

tkitna
I thought it was better than the CW shows.

Sable
Oh **** this is bad

Darth Thor
Imagine how I feel. I paid IMAX tickets for the s***

Mindset
Imagine how I feel. I paid IMAX tickets for the s*** Why?

BruceSkywalker
horrible..just horrible

tkitna
I cant believe everybody is hating on this so hard. It wasn't that bad. People cant seem to find any redeeming qualities about it, but yet a show like 'Legends Of Tomorrow' gets a pass. I'll never understand it.

marwash22
gets a pass from who? 'Legends of Tomorrow' is complete trash. I stopped watching it 5 minutes into the first episode of season 2.

the only redeeming qualities for this so far is that it's better than 'Legends of Tomorrow'

TheVaultDweller
Honestly, one of the biggest issues I have is Black Bolt. He obviously can't talk, so essentially has to speak (or at least convey feeling/emotion) via facial expressions. But most of the time he either looks confused or like he's trying to hold in a fart.

marwash22
casting all around for this is troublesome, as is the writing. I like Anson Mount, but he's not doing a good job with emoting. Another actor, Jake Gyllenhaal for instance, would have murdered this role.

The actress playing Medusa is terrible. the guy playing Karnak is okay and he's good when among other cast members to banter with, but he's given shit dialogue when he's in scenes by himself.

Also, the episode was two hours long and there actually wasn't enough exposition.

Surtur
Okay seriously the CW shows aren't perfect but Legends and Flash are leaps and bounds beyond this show lol. Some of the characters in the CW shows can have it so you can watch them without it feeling like the inside of your eyeballs are bleeding.

Real talk: the episode of Smallville where Pete Ross gets super stretchy powers thanks to kryptonite infused gum is worthy of an emmy compared to this series.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Mindset
Why?

I kept asking myself the same thing as I left the cinema.

Darth Thor
Honestly, one of the biggest issues I have is Black Bolt. He obviously can't talk, so essentially has to speak (or at least convey feeling/emotion) via facial expressions. But most of the time he either looks confused or like he's trying to hold in a fart.

I actually thought BB was the best part. Towards the end that is.

Okay seriously the CW shows aren't perfect but Legends and Flash are leaps and bounds beyond this show lol.

Of course they are lol. Those are both cheesy but still really entertaining. This show was just a new level of stupid (except without the being entertaining part).

-K-M-
This....this....this was bad

riv6672
The ONLY thing i liked here was seeing a live action Lockjaw, and i cant see see watching this show just for the dog. no

Mindset
Okay seriously the CW shows aren't perfect but Legends and Flash are leaps and bounds beyond this show lol. Some of the characters in the CW shows can have it so you can watch them without it feeling like the inside of your eyeballs are bleeding.

Real talk: the episode of Smallville where Pete Ross gets super stretchy powers thanks to kryptonite infused gum is worthy of an emmy compared to this series. Legends is terrible, at least the first season. This is definitely on par with that, and Maximus is the best character in either show after only 2 eps.

Dreampanther
While I didn't like the pacing, it wasn't so bad that I'm going to rage quit. I'll watch a few more episodes before I make up my mind. I quite liked the portrayal of Black Bolt, especially towards the end. There's only so much you can do with a character that doesn't speak (though I really think by now he could have learned how to text).

Darth Thor
It's Marvel. So I won't just give up on it because of a bad pilot.

-K-M-
Not sure why Maximus is the bad guy

The inhumans are racist. Crystals line to Maximus was bad and she is supposed to be the "innocent/pure" character of the show

No powers? You're officially a slave...congrats. You will also he mocked for being human/powerless too

#maximuswasright

samhain
Yeah, I'm sort of on Maximus' side after watching. Perhaps Iwan Rheon doesn't want to channel his inner Ramsey too early on so there appears to be some conflict/hesitancy in him as opposed to being outright evil. Bad guys who think they're good guys are usually interesting so I'll probably just watch for him.

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindset
Legends is terrible, at least the first season. This is definitely on par with that, and Maximus is the best character in either show after only 2 eps.

Eh I think Legends has always been tolerable. This show seems to have no redeemable qualities.

Plus how does one f*ck up shenanigans on the moon and a teleporting dog? But they did it, oh they did it.

Darth Thor
Let's face it, a lot of people enjoy Legends and Flash. No one is enjoying Inhumans so far.

But gotta love the pointless Marvel Bashing vs DC Bashing

tkitna
I enjoy it

Surtur
Let's face it, a lot of people enjoy Legends and Flash. No one is enjoying Inhumans so far.

I want both to have good shows. The Gifted series looks more promising than this. But damn this is just like if a production crew time traveled here from 2007 and made a tv series lol.

-K-M-
The concept could have worked they just got the wrong guy to helm it. Hopefully this is his final strike

riv6672

I like both Legends/Flash.

My dislike of this show isnt Company based though, its quality based.

tkitna
I want both to have good shows. The Gifted series looks more promising than this. But damn this is just like if a production crew time traveled here from 2007 and made a tv series lol.

Yeah I cam agree with this. It does seem dated to a fault. That why I was upset that Marvel decided to go with a TV series instead of a motion picture, I still think they could have had another GotG with a big budget Inhumans film. Missed opportunity.

Darth Thor
Yeah Inhumans could have been awesome as a big budget film.

BruceSkywalker

I agree

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by tkitna
Yeah I cam agree with this. It does seem dated to a fault. That why I was upset that Marvel decided to go with a TV series instead of a motion picture, I still think they could have had another GotG with a big budget Inhumans film. Missed opportunity.

Speaking of, that's one way to make the bad moments in this show seem more bearable. Every time something dumb happens onscreen, just remember that, somewhere in that same galaxy, a raccoon is likely arguing with a tree.

Honestly, I would like to see a lot of their TV properties be converted into films. Fact is the overall consistency in quality of things like the Netflix shows have taken a dip as time has passed, and a lot of people (myself included) feel like 13 episode seasons are actually a bit too long. Hell, you don't even really need a very big budget to do something like a Daredevil film. The first John Wick movie had a budget of like $29 million, IIRC.

There are some obvious hiccups though. They'd need to make the Netflix properties a lot more family friendly if they want market them to the masses. Or, alternatively, keep it to online/DVD releases, and maintain the current tone. And I am pretty sure that all the Netflix people have it in their contracts that potential film appearances are still open to discussion. I know for a fact that this is the case for Daredevil. And I know the one Marvel executive said, way back before even s1 of Daredevil had aired, that the shows had the potential to cross the bridge to films depending on how successful they were down the line.

But, obviously, if anything will ever come from it remains to be see. I can still dream though.

Dreampanther
I think I've figured out where this show failed for me. Before that, though, let me emphasize that I still prefer this to pretty much every DC show, apart from Gotham. I really like Black Bolt and I think Anson Mount is doing a great job within the role's obvious limitations. I like Ken Leung as Karnak and I like the way they do his powers (though I wish somebody would do a "cognitive recalibration" on him). I also like the tough guy Hawaiian ex-soldiers.

Where the show made a mistake is in the TV-14 rating. Inhumans should have been made for mature audiences. It should have been aimed at an adult audience, in the same line as Banshee or Vikings. Instead they compromised, hoping to capitalise on the teen audience. So you have a show about serious adults battling about adult matters, but you have to tone it down to make it more palatable for family viewing. So you have to compromise on everything: Story, violence, actions and consequences, language...

riv6672
^^^show preference is a matter of personal taste, and i respect that.
That said, i've never been an Inhumans fan, and them stepping in as X Men/mutant surrogates has just not worked for me.
Recently, a poster (Uhtceare) on a different site put a finger on it for me when he wrote the following:

That's the whole problem with using the Inhumans as an X-Men substitute: at their core they are polar opposites. The X-Men use freakishness as a metaphor for every sort of outcast, racial, sexual, religious, whatever.

The Inhumans uses freakishness as metaphor for how ****ed up social darwinism really is as a philosophy, and for how pathetic elitist monarchies ultimately are. In other words, their freakishness is, in part, an exaggerated version of the various inbred flaws aristocrats developed. And in part, you are supposed to go, "look at how ****ed up these guys are; that's where eugenics leads you."

So trying to use the Inhumans as X-Men stand-ins is a huge square peg in a round hole thing. Even so, you can probably make it work if you stick to the new ones like Kamala Khan and Quake. But the Royal Family? The ****ing Royal Family? No ****ing way! You can not make those ****ers empathetic.

I found i really agreed with that. At the end of the day i just cant relate to what these characters represent, and dont think they fit the role they've been shoehorned into (through no fault of their own obviously).
It was fine when they were niche characters that existed outside the main MU, but as an integral part of it?
Not for me.

Darth Thor
Before that, though, let me emphasize that I still prefer this to pretty much every DC show, apart from Gotham.

gotta love the pointless Marvel Bashing vs DC Bashing

riv6672
Saying he prefers one thing over another (i prefer Coke over Pepsi, Pepsi is too sweet for my taste) isn't bashing.
I may have missed the actual bashing (Pepsi ****ing sucks ASS), the thread's 5 pages.

TheVaultDweller
Karnak is a dumbass. Cries about how his abilities don't work after the bump on his head, but should have used said abilities before trying to traverse the clearly unstable and dangerous cliff face that resulted in said bump.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by riv6672
Saying he prefers one thing over another (i prefer Coke over Pepsi, Pepsi is too sweet for my taste) isn't bashing.

It is because there's only been a couple of sucky episode of this show, yet he feels the need to point out it's better than all DC shows. Lol, how is that not pointless DC Bashing.

riv6672
Because it isnt.

But i'm not looking to defend him, just thought i'd missed some actual bashing. Obviously not the case.

Darth Thor
Because it isnt.

Oh come on. My point was fanboys always have to bring it back down to Marvel vs DC.

"I won't criticise a Marvel show before making it perfectly clear that all DC shows are inferior"

His assessment of this show should have absolutely nothing to do with DC shows, be they sucky or not.

Dreampanther
I may have missed the actual bashing (Pepsi ****ing sucks ASS), the thread's 5 pages.

Just ignore him. Either he's functionally illiterate or he's a troll. Either way there's no point in getting into a debate with him. My posts speak for themselves on the TV Talk forum, since I was the one with the highest hopes for Powerless, I am one of the few who always preferred Gotham to the rest of the emo-tweeny DC shows and I'm also one of the most excited about the new Titans series.

The fact that he perceives personal preference as bashing speaks volumes.

Karnak is a dumbass. Cries about how his abilities don't work after the bump on his head, but should have used said abilities before trying to traverse the clearly unstable and dangerous cliff face that resulted in said bump.

Ha - that's exactly what my brother and I said when that happened! I can only suppose they had to nerf him somehow as he would have been too OP, especially here on Earth against humans.

Darth Thor
Just ignore him. Either he's functionally illiterate or he's a troll.

I assure you I'm quite literate and not at all a troll.

If you can't take a fair criticism without shouting out "uh he's dumb and a troll", then that says more about you than it does about me.

And to be fair you're not the only one whose done that here, but I'll repeat, the need of some on this thread to qualify how this is still better than DC shows, before criticizing it is not only typical but also laughable "Marvel vs DC" ranting.

Dreampanther
If you can't take a fair criticism...

https://rationalcatholicblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/irony-everywhere.jpg

riv6672
Just ignore him. Either he's functionally illiterate or he's a troll. Either way there's no point in getting into a debate with him. My posts speak for themselves on the TV Talk forum, since I was the one with the highest hopes for Powerless, I am one of the few who always preferred Gotham to the rest of the emo-tweeny DC shows and I'm also one of the most excited about the new Titans series.

The fact that he perceives personal preference as bashing speaks volumes.

No worries.
I've nothing against either of you, i was just curious as to the bashing.

Darth Thor
i was just curious as to the bashing.

Because there was no need to compare to "all DC shows." Especially when that seems as a qualifier for him to lay out first before even criticizing a clearly pis poor (so far) Marvel show.

If it's just a case of comparing Pepsi to Coke as you put it, then why not compare to other poor Marvel shows, or heck even random poor superhero stuff like Heroes Reborn.

"DC shows" literally have nothing to do with how pis poor this has been so far. So I can only assume his response is part of the pointless and never ending "Marvel vs DC" nonsense by basically saying "God forbid I criticize anything Marvel without at least giving a bigger criticism to everything DC first."

Dreampanther
No worries.
I've nothing against either of you, i was just curious as to the bashing.

https://m.popkey.co/369be0/Gy0e_f-maxage-0.gif

TheVaultDweller
Ha - that's exactly what my brother and I said when that happened! I can only suppose they had to nerf him somehow as he would have been too OP, especially here on Earth against humans.

I would think the guy who can send cop cars flying a block away with little more than a grunt would be the OP one. stick out tongue

But it also looks like they are not even sure what they want his powers to be. Because it's not the same as the comics. But it's not really precog either. It seems like some nonsense ability that will probably end up kicking in the moment they need a Deus ex machina to fix an issue down the line.

-K-M-
Ep 1-2: 3.75 million (US)
Ep 3: 2.78 million (US)
Ep 4: 2.30 million (US)
Ep 5: 1.98 million (US)

Ouch

TheVaultDweller
Had a bit of free time to kill, so caught up on this. Show is still below par overall, but I have to admit that Anson Mount as Black Bolt has slowly started to grow on me. You actually do get used to his facial expressions after a while, which makes what he is thinking/feeling easier to interpret.

samhain
Gave up on this a couple of weeks ago, which is unusual for me, if I watch the first 2 episodes I'm usually in for the first season or the mid-season break at least.

Surtur
https://rationalcatholicblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/irony-everywhere.jpg

laughing

-K-M-

-K-M-

Darth Thor
^ Ooh there was a boost in ratings from episode 5 to episode 6.

Only saw the first 2 episodes in the theatre and had no interest in watching the series after that.

But given it's only another 6 episodes, I might as well binge it.

but I have to admit that Anson Mount as Black Bolt has slowly started to grow on me.

He was the one good thing in the first 2 episodes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.