Green Hornet Reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.newsarama.com/32015-green-hornet-headed-for-meaningful-relevant-film-reboot.html

looks like its going to be done right this time around, None of the comedy bs like the Seth Rogen film had.

riv6672
The 2011 film is one of my favorite superhero movies.

As a comics geek, did not "clown costume" remark. He can go suck a turd.

Kazenji
Just wasn't a fan of the direction they went with the 2011 movie, Should've been alot more like Batman Begins.

marwash22
i liked the Seth Rogan movie.

riv6672
^^^Yeah, it took me a couple viewings to appreciate it; it didnt take itself super serious but was still a solid hero(s) journey.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Just wasn't a fan of the direction they went with the 2011 movie, Should've been alot more like Batman Begins.
It should have wasted nearly half the movie giving Green Hornet ninja training and forgetting every other aspect of his character, then giving him a mediocre costume (mask that makes it look like he has the mumps, cape that looks like a shower curtain attached by two refrigerator magnets), and not telling the actor playing that sounding like he's gargling marbles isnt intimidating, its stupid, more than likely doing a kick ass job on the Black Beauty, having Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine steal the show in supporting roles, and launching a ridiculously boring trilogy in which the sequel is the best one thanks to inspired villainous performances by Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart?

Its been done.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672

It should have wasted nearly half the movie giving Green Hornet ninja training and forgetting every other aspect of his character, then giving him a mediocre costume (mask that makes it look like he has the mumps, cape that looks like a shower curtain attached by two refrigerator magnets), and not telling the actor playing that sounding like he's gargling marbles isnt intimidating, its stupid, more than likely doing a kick ass job on the Black Beauty, having Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine steal the show in supporting roles, and launching a ridiculously boring trilogy in which the sequel is the best one thanks to inspired villainous performances by Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart?

I don't mean literally like that movie's plot, Dipstick.

riv6672
smile

BruceSkywalker
the previous film is utter shit...

this version better be cast right and have a good story

cdtm
The last movie showed how tastes changed, that's for sure.

Nobody cares about an ass kicker anymore. Bruce Lee himself would be looking for other acting skills like Jackie Chan did, or being forced in second/third tier roles as the boring kung fu guy.

Khazra Reborn
I'm surprised they're willing to take a chance on this IP so soon. I mean, the Seth Rogen one wasn't a colossal failure by any means, but it wasn't enough to warrant a sequel.

I just really hope they don't do a gritty reboot to seperate it from the Rogen film, since it's only been a few years, a lot of people might still associate the two, and I personally don't think the 'Nolan' route is the right way to go with Green Hornet.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

I just really hope they don't do a gritty reboot to seperate it from the Rogen film, since it's only been a few years, a lot of people might still associate the two, and I personally don't think the 'Nolan' route is the right way to go with Green Hornet.

Still needs to be at least dark like a Batman movie as it should be.

Khazra Reborn
Ehh, I don't know. Action/comedy probably isn't the way to go, like the last one, but Green Hornet isn't Batman, I think they need to find something between the two.

riv6672
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Ehh, I don't know. Action/comedy probably isn't the way to go, like the last one, but Green Hornet isn't Batman, I think they need to find something between the two.
I look at it this way:

The Nolan movies are critically acclaimed and beloved by the majority of nerds.
The Green Hornet movie is neither of those things.
It IS however, way the hell more entertaining than the trilogy, barring individual performances in the trilogy.

I'd rather be entertained, not bored off my ass by a "well made" movie.

Kazenji
I'm also going by what i've seen of him in the Dynamite Entertainment books, It has that feel like Batman running around at night beating up gangsters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.