Mr. Miyagi vs. Ip Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h1a8
All of Miyagi's best feats can be used. Catching arrows, beating two masters simultaneously, breaking a huge as tree with a single chop, etc.

Kotor3
IP Man stomps hard.

h1a8
Why? You know ip man had trouble against characters with power (boxers mostly). Miyagi is very powerful and smooth. He's Kung fu David Carradine to another level.

relentless1
Ip Man destroys, he stalemated Tyson who's way stronger than the boxer that he beat

Silent Master
Ip man stops hard.

Dexx-Planet86
miyagi knocks his skull off in 2 secs

ip man is pathetic

come back when ip man doesnt get his @$$ wtfpwned by pu$$ie$ like freaking twister of all people laughing out loud

Silent Master
You're funny.

quanchi112
Miyagi wins.

Silent Master
upwyWKzozII

cdtm
Kind of a mismatch, this.

What's next, Godzilla vs Arrow? (Ollie's OP)

KingD19
Originally posted by Dexx-Planet86
miyagi knocks his skull off in 2 secs

ip man is pathetic

come back when ip man doesnt get his @$$ wtfpwned by pu$$ie$ like freaking twister of all people laughing out loud

So you're gonna ignore how in the very next movie, he broke even with an even better boxer in Frank(Mike Tyson), who outweighed Twister, was faster, stronger, and tougher than him.

Dreampanther
IP Man makes Mr Miyagi wax his car.

emporerpants
When did Miyagi do these things again? I don't remember him breaking a tree or catching arrows. It's been awhile since I've seen any karate kid movie that isn't the original, so legit asking.

Kotor3
Originally posted by h1a8
Why? You know ip man had trouble against characters with power (boxers mostly). Miyagi is very powerful and smooth. He's Kung fu David Carradine to another level. Trouble, the first boxing match for IP was a handicap for him since he could not use his legs and he still won. When he used his legs he was dominant. Tyson he stalemated. So, I am not seeing where he has trouble with characters that display great physical brute strength.

Who has Miyagi fought that compares to anyone IP Man fought? Miyagi is powerful is what way? A concentrated hit on a tree is something most master can do. The Karate Kid broke a block of solid Ice with a concentrated hit.

IP Man stomps.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Kotor3
Trouble, the first boxing match for IP was a handicap for him since he could not use his legs and he still won. When he used his legs he was dominant. Tyson he stalemated. So, I am not seeing where he has trouble with characters that display great physical brute strength.

Who has Miyagi fought that compares to anyone IP Man fought? Miyagi is powerful is what way? A concentrated hit on a tree is something most master can do. The Karate Kid broke a block of solid Ice with a concentrated hit.

IP Man stomps.

h1 wants Miyagi to win, thus he will ignore or misinterpret any and all feats needed to reach that conclusion.

KingD19
Also, Ip Man has shown superhuman strength on multiple occasions, as well as agility and speed.

In Ip Man 3 he and the other Wing Chun guy were destroying concrete with wooden staffs and knocking each other across the room from the recoil of their hits.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KingD19
Also, Ip Man has shown superhuman strength on multiple occasions, as well as agility and speed.

In Ip Man 3 he and the other Wing Chun guy were destroying concrete with wooden staffs and knocking each other across the room from the recoil of their hits.

Doesn't matter, h1 wants Miyagi to win. you know what that means.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Silent Master
Doesn't matter, h1 wants Miyagi to win. you know what that means.

Then he shouldn't have created a poll. wink

juggerman
Ip Man

Dexx-Planet86
Originally posted by emporerpants
When did Miyagi do these things again? I don't remember him breaking a tree or catching arrows. It's been awhile since I've seen any karate kid movie that isn't the original, so legit asking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfpv5f4LLFI (2:12)

miyagi would blitz ip man in less than 1 microsecs

Dexx-Planet86
Trouble, the first boxing match for IP was a handicap for him since he could not use his legs and he still won. When he used his legs he was dominant. Tyson he stalemated. So, I am not seeing where he has trouble with characters that display great physical brute strength.

IP Man stomps.

either johnny or cheng would trash and nully ip , pu$$y-nam, twister and frank in less than 10 secs

Silent Master
Ip man wins.

upwyWKzozII

Impediment
I have a lot of love for Mr. Miyagi, but he's hopelessly outmatched by Ip Man.

h1a8
Originally posted by emporerpants

A tree fell on Sato near the end of Karate Kid 2. Miyagi broke in one chop. A similar feat that master Sato couldn't accomplish over many years of trying.

Miyagi caught an arrow in The next karate kid.

He chopped through the tops of two beer bottles without making them fall (Huge speed and power feat).

h1a8

IP Man stomps.

His durability was easily overcame from raw power.
Miyagi has that raw power and more. Miyagi has the power to kill in one blow (but he would never kill).

Miyagi has great speed, although it did not look like it. You got to be fast to catch arrows and fight two masters simultaneously.

Silent Master
Post a clip of mr. Miyagi fighting that beats the one I posted for Ip Man.

Dexx-Planet86
The Karate Kid broke a block of solid Ice with a concentrated hit.

IP Man stomps.

because hes stronger and more skilled than ip man dumb@$$

come back when ip man doesnt get manhandled by twister, and can catch mach 10 arrows

miyagi knocks his skull off in 1 microsecs laughing out loud

Silent Master
Ip Man wins and it's not even close

Robtard
Miyagi has reality warping karate powers. eg when he took the tops of four bottles with a casual karate-chop and the bottom halves remained standing.

@ 02:52
0f6a1j1B8Ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6a1j1B8Ig

Dexx-Planet86
Ip Man wins and it's not even close
show me ip man casually catching mach 10 arrows like miyagi did please

Dexx-Planet86
Originally posted by Robtard
Miyagi has reality warping karate powers. eg when he took the tops of four bottles with a casual karate-chop and the bottom halves remained standing.

@ 02:52
0f6a1j1B8Ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6a1j1B8Ig
agreed with you

ip man is a realistic character

if you put ip man in karate kid verse, he would get his @$$ pwned by johnny in 5 secs

Tattoos N Scars
Wing Chun was already proven to be better than Karate when Ip destroyed a room full of karate practioners effortlessly and beat the hell out of the General at the end of IP Man 1. No way Miyagi could fight all those masters on top of the table in IP Man 2. Ip has too many feats.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Wing Chun was already proven to be better than Karate when Ip destroyed a room full of karate practioners effortlessly and beat the hell out of the General at the end of IP Man 1. This might be one of the most brain-dead retarded posts I have ever seen. Was it a joke?

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by NemeBro
This might be one of the most brain-dead retarded posts I have ever seen. Was it a joke?

You never saw the movie, I take it. The General wanted Ip Man to teach his Wing Chun style to Japanese troops. General knew Ip's style was better.

It's ok though, keep being a f@g!

relentless1
come back when ip man doesnt get manhandled by twister,

lol did you even watch Ip Man 2? he was far from getting manhandled by Twister. In fact the only reason Twister was able to get any sort of leverage over Ip Man at all was because a) he cheapshotted him AFTER the bell rang and b) Ip Man was severely handicapped by the referee who wouldn't allow kicks to be used. Even after all that Ip dummied Twister with pressure points.

Dexx-Planet86
Originally posted by relentless1
lol did you even watch Ip Man 2? he was far from getting manhandled by Twister. In fact the only reason Twister was able to get any sort of leverage over Ip Man at all was because a) he cheapshotted him AFTER the bell rang and b) Ip Man was severely handicapped by the referee who wouldn't allow kicks to be used. Even after all that Ip dummied Twister with pressure points. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

congrats moron. you now has proved that ip man slow reaction and durabiility

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

hell he coundnt even barely hurt teister with his punches

miyagi blitzes and knocks his skull off with a log breaking strike

come back when ip man doesnt get cheapshotted by slow@$$e$ like freaking twister of all people

Silent Master
Where are the clips that show mr. Miyagi being a better fighter?

Tattoos N Scars
https://youtu.be/HLqASlSFOxg

Even Bruce Lee, Ip Man's student, KO's Miyagi and Karate Kid.

Don't think youtube video code worked, so follow link.

Dexx-Planet86

Even Bruce Lee, Ip Man's student, KO's Miyagi and Karate Kid.

Don't think youtube video code worked, so follow link.
a brisk tea isnt going to save bruces @$$ in a forum enviroment

Dexx-Planet86
Where are the clips that show mr. Miyagi being a better fighter?
show me ip man casually catching mach 10 arrows like miyagi did please

Silent Master
Mr. Miyagi never caught an arrow during a fight.

Dreampanther
So far it looks like Ip Man wins 9/10.

h1a8
Mr. Miyagi never caught an arrow during a fight.
The feat proves movement speed and reflex speed which is translated toward the fight. All Miyagi CASUALLY beat two karate masters simultaneously. IP man never beat two masters simultaneously which such ease (or period).

Miyagi has the power to one shot IPMAN, the speed, reflexes, and skill, to defend and counter.

Silent Master
The feat proves movement speed and reflex speed which is translated toward the fight. All Miyagi CASUALLY beat two karate masters simultaneously. IP man never beat two masters simultaneously which such ease (or period).

Miyagi has the power to one shot IPMAN, the speed, reflexes, and skill, to defend and counter.

By all means, post fighting clips for Miyagi that are more impressive than the one I posted for Ip man.

juggerman

Catching an arrow is wildly impressive but he had time to prepare himself and knew it was coming and where it was going. Hell the Scorpion King did that and still got beat down by The Rock.

It's completely different in a fight where you don't know where the next blow might be coming from. And Ip Man defeated every single master in his (village?) and even beat that guy that ran thru everyone. And pretty easily too.

KingD19
The 10 Karate Black Belts he fought were considered Master level, as they were handpicked by the General, who was himself a Master at Karate.

He absolutely b*tched every other established Master in Foshan to get his credibility.

He took out the Northern Guy who became his friend after that same guy brutalized every other Master in Foshan. He beat him with incredible ease and a feather duster.

He took down a Muay Thai master brought in specifically to beat him.

He's whooped dozens of armed men at a time without a single scratch.

He constantly shows superhuman stats in his fights, despite holding back.

I could go on.

Mr. Miyagi loses.

dynamix
miyagi's student was daniel. ip man student was bruce lee. drop mic lol

NemeBro
You never saw the movie, I take it. The General wanted Ip Man to teach his Wing Chun style to Japanese troops. General knew Ip's style was better.

It's ok though, keep being a f@g! Thanks for confirming that you were not joking and you are, in fact, merely retarded. thumb up

Tattoos N Scars
Thanks for confirming that you were not joking and you are, in fact, merely retarded. thumb up

Ok b!tch boy!! Whatever ya say. Just go on back to sucking d!cks and trolling forums. What you do best.

h1a8
The 10 Karate Black Belts he fought were considered Master level, as they were handpicked by the General, who was himself a Master at Karate.

He absolutely b*tched every other established Master in Foshan to get his credibility.

He took out the Northern Guy who became his friend after that same guy brutalized every other Master in Foshan. He beat him with incredible ease and a feather duster.

He took down a Muay Thai master brought in specifically to beat him.

He's whooped dozens of armed men at a time without a single scratch.

He constantly shows superhuman stats in his fights, despite holding back.

I could go on.

Mr. Miyagi loses.

Those were regular top students, not masters. A master has trained many black belts.

Miyagi has the speed, reactions to counter Ip man. Most importantly, Miyagi has the power to nearly one shot Ip man.

h1a8
Originally posted by dynamix

Bruce was trained from youth. Daniel was trained in a few weeks (washing cars) and beat people who were trained for many years.

Tattoos N Scars
Daniel is awesome. He could have beaten Frank Dux and Chong Li to win the Kumite. Hell, Daniel would even wreck Tong Po in Kickboxer. Miyagi's wax on wax off style is unbeatable.

Silent Master
Those were regular top students, not masters. A master has trained many black belts.

Miyagi has the speed, reactions to counter Ip man. Most importantly, Miyagi has the power to nearly one shot Ip man.

Yet you haven't managed to post any clips of mr. Miyagi fighting that top the one I posted for Ip Man.

h1a8
Yet you haven't managed to post any clips of mr. Miyagi fighting that top the one I posted for Ip Man.

What does top mean? "Top" is not well defined.
Miyagi can casually catch arrows (speed and perception), has superhuman strength, and doesn't attack first.

The moment Ip Man attacks Miyagi will instantly counter with a strike or use his momentum against him (aikido).

Here's a clip showing Miyagi's style. Miyagi is a defense fighter (spirit of aikido), not an attacker. Ip Man does well against attackers.

maBvSZRUJhU

It's Miyagi's style that will give Ip man problems. Doesn't attack first style. Don't attack first, Superspeed, perceptions, and superstrength ftw.

Silent Master
I said to post clips that topped the one I posted, not post a clip that is massively inferior. The fighting in your clip was straight shit.

h1a8
I said to post clips that topped the one I posted, not post a clip that is massively inferior. The fighting in your clip was straight shit.

So you are using subjective arguments? I'm being objective. That's why my argument is stronger than yours.

Fallacy 1:
Not only is "Top" is not well defined but you are using it in a subjective sense.

Fallacy 2: You posted a clip where Ip Man is fighting ATTACKERS. He's not fighting a defense fighter who doesn't attack first. If Ip Man attempts to attack Miyagi then it will be easily dodged or parried into an immediate counter attack. Remember Miyagi can easily catch arrows. The scene I posted shows how easily Miyagi can parry and counter.

Silent Master
So you are using subjective arguments? I'm being objective. That's why my argument is stronger than yours.

Fallacy 1:
Not only is "Top" is not well defined but you are using it in a subjective sense.

Fallacy 2: You posted a clip where Ip Man is fighting ATTACKERS. He's not fighting a defense fighter who doesn't attack first. If Ip Man attempts to attack Miyagi then it will be easily dodged or parried into an immediate counter attack. Remember Miyagi can easily catch arrows. The scene I posted shows how easily Miyagi can parry and counter.

Then let's ask for a mod ruling, where they only look at these two clips, no comments from either one of us and then they vote on which person would win.

Loser gets banned for 3 months, agreed?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by dynamix

thumb up

Ip Man wins...

h1a8
Then let's ask for a mod ruling, where they only look at these two clips, no comments from either one of us and then they vote on which person would win.

Loser gets banned for 3 months, agreed?

Im not interested in subjective arguments. I'm interested in facts.
Fact1: Miyagi will not attack first.
Fact2. Ip Man will attack first.
Fact3: Miyagi is easily fast enough to block, dodge, or parry Ip Man's attack.
Fact4: Miyagi has the ability to counter almost instantly after the attack is thrown.
Fact5: Miyagi has superhuman strength
Fact6: Ip Man's durability is questionable.

Silent Master
Do you agree to my challenge?

h1a8
Fact4: Miyagi has the ability to counter almost instantly after the attack is thrown.

Silent Master

h1a8

Silent Master

Dreampanther

uq-v1TTUyhM

Silent Master
Originally posted by Dreampanther
uq-v1TTUyhM

It's rather obvious that h1 knows I'm right about the clips, thus his refusal to have them judged by an unbiased 3rd party.

Dreampanther
It's rather obvious that h1 knows I'm right about the clips, thus his refusal to have them judged by an unbiased 3rd party.

You're wasting your time arguing with him. It's like playing chess with a pigeon - no matter how good you are, the bird's going to sh!t on the board and strut around like it won. He already lost - he screwed up when he created a poll. The result speaks for itself.

Save your energy for somebody worth debating with.

h1a8

Miyagi wins

Silent Master
By refusing my challenge H1 has basically admitted that Ip Man wins.

h1a8

Miyagi wins

Silent Master
By refusing my challenge H1 has basically admitted that Ip Man wins.

NemeBro
Ok b!tch boy!! Whatever ya say. Just go on back to sucking d!cks and trolling forums. What you do best. So why do you believe that Ip Man beating some karate masters in his own setting means he automatically beats one from another setting?

relentless1
What does top mean? "Top" is not well defined.
Miyagi can casually catch arrows (speed and perception), has superhuman strength, and doesn't attack first.

The moment Ip Man attacks Miyagi will instantly counter with a strike or use his momentum against him (aikido).

Here's a clip showing Miyagi's style. Miyagi is a defense fighter (spirit of aikido), not an attacker. Ip Man does well against attackers.

maBvSZRUJhU

It's Miyagi's style that will give Ip man problems. Doesn't attack first style. Don't attack first, Superspeed, perceptions, and superstrength ftw.

LMAO laughing laughing out loud that was the weakest fight I've ever seen; if thats the best you've got just quit now while youre behind

Tattoos N Scars
So why do you believe that Ip Man beating some karate masters in his own setting means he automatically beats one from another setting?

I'm not saying Wing Chun is the ultimate style in real life martial arts. If anything, UFC has proved that to be untrue in real life combat sports. I'm saying, since IP Man is a Chinese film, Ip Man's style of kung-fu appears to be unbeatable in his universe. Of course they would make his style look far superior to Japanese martial arts.

I don't believe you understood me correctly before you began insulting me. Ip Man's feats in the film outshine anything Miyagi has ever done on screen. I was only saying Ip Man's style of Wing Chun displayed in his movies is far superior to any karate practioner I've seen in other movies. I didn't imply it was superior in real life. Ip Man more or less displayed slight superhuman abilities in his movies.

Kotor3
His durability was easily overcame from raw power.
I'm not sure of what you are referring to in this statement.

Miyagi has that raw power and more. Miyagi has the power to kill in one blow (but he would never kill).

Miyagi has great speed, although it did not look like it. You got to be fast to catch arrows and fight two masters simultaneously. To kill in one blow does not necessarily represent power but can also represent technique. Are you stating that IP Man (a master who in real life was viewed as very deadly in his art) could not kill in one blow? You really haven't proven how Miyagi is superior in speed, power, or technique.

IP Man hits has effect powerful foes and masters and have put them down.

Silent Master
To put things in gaming terms.

H1 wants Miyagi to win, therefore Miyagi gets a +7 to all feats and Ip man gets a -53698.

h1a8
I'm not sure of what you are referring to in this statement.

To kill in one blow does not necessarily represent power but can also represent technique. Are you stating that IP Man (a master who in real life was viewed as very deadly in his art) could not kill in one blow? You really haven't proven how Miyagi is superior in speed, power, or technique.

IP Man hits has effect powerful foes and masters and have put them down.

Ip man has no feats to suggest he can one shot kill someone. His most famous attack is multiple striking someone. This implies that many strikes are more powerful than one strike from him. This is irrelevant since, in character, neither is going to one shot kill the other (even if they could). Miyagi casually caught an arrow and parried super fast karate master's attacks with extreme ease.

The reason why Miyagi wins is in the following:

It's Miyagi's no attack first style that will cause Ip Man problems. Miyagi will simply counter instantly (in one smooth motion) Ip man's attack. A good few hits should put Ip Man down (depending on how much Miyagi holds back).

Silent Master
Fact: H1 knows I'm right, that's why he ran from my challenge.

Kotor3
Ip man has no feats to suggest he can one shot kill someone. His most famous attack is multiple striking someone. This implies that many strikes are more powerful than one strike from him. This is irrelevant since, in character, neither is going to one shot kill the other (even if they could). Miyagi casually caught an arrow and parried super fast karate master's attacks with extreme ease.

The reason why Miyagi wins is in the following:

It's Miyagi's no attack first style that will cause Ip Man problems. Miyagi will simply counter instantly (in one smooth motion) Ip man's attack. A good few hits should put Ip Man down (depending on how much Miyagi holds back). You are making statements without providing proof.
Miyagi has no speed feet that is faster than IP Man. There any many characters that have caught arrows that I can name. Anticipating and object coming at you in one direction does not mean you can block attacks that are you may not anticipate coming at you at different directions and times.

This is really becoming and irrelevant discussion. IP Man's reputation in real life is greater than Miyagi's in the movies let alone a movie version of IP Man.

IP Man has faced and defeated greater foes. Taken hits from powerful foes like Tyson.

One hit from Tyson and Miyagi dies.

h1a8
You are making statements without providing proof.
Miyagi has no speed feet that is faster than IP Man. There any many characters that have caught arrows that I can name. Anticipating and object coming at you in one direction does not mean you can block attacks that are you may not anticipate coming at you at different directions and times.

This is really becoming and irrelevant discussion. IP Man's reputation in real life is greater than Miyagi's in the movies let alone a movie version of IP Man.

IP Man has faced and defeated greater foes. Taken hits from powerful foes like Tyson.

One hit from Tyson and Miyagi dies.

Miyagi casually caught an arrow. That requires tremendous reflexes and hand speed. To pretend it doesn't is trolling.

Miyagi broke 4 bottles of beer at their top without knocking over the bottles. That takes some speed of sound hand speed.

Ip Man has never taken hits from powerful foes without getting getting seriously messed up. His durability is very questionable.

But s that's irrelevant.

You are ignoring the fact that Miyagi WILL NOT ATTACK FIRST.
This will put the fight in his advantage.

Kotor3
Miyagi casually caught an arrow. That requires tremendous reflexes and hand speed. To pretend it doesn't is trolling.

Miyagi broke 4 bottles of beer at their top without knocking over the bottles. That takes some speed of sound hand speed.

Ip Man has never taken hits from powerful foes without getting getting seriously messed up. His durability is very questionable.

But s that's irrelevant.

This will put the fight in his advantage. In the words of IP Man's most famous student Bruce Lee: "Boards don't hit back".

When did IP Man get seriously messed up?

FrothByte

But s that's irrelevant.

This will put the fight in his advantage.

Catching an arrow has been done in real life and not even by martial arts masters. There's also the question of the bow's draw weight since some bows will shoot arrows a lot slower than others.

Breaking 4 bottles of beer is something that done regularly by martial arts masters. It's an impressive feat but by no means an indication of victory. It's one thing to strike at non-living objects that just sit there and allow you all the time in the world to perform your katas and preparations, quite another to fight a fast moving opponent.

Miyagi has no combat feats that can compare to Ip Man's.

h1a8
In the words of IP Man's most famous student Bruce Lee: "Boards don't hit back".

When did IP Man get seriously messed up?

Everytime he was hit by a strong opponent.
Twister, against the Japanese master, against Mike Tyson.

It was clear that he couldn't take too many of those hits without going down.

"Boards don't hit back" philosophy gives Miyagi the advantage. Remember IP Man is the attacker, and Miyagi is the defender and counterer.
Ip Man attacks first, Miyagi easily parries and counters.

KingD19
Ip took a beating from Frank(Tyson) and gave one back. He went even with a guy who launched someone 12 feet from a straight right punch while he had a boxing pad in front of him.

Also if you could show some evidence of Miyagi's speed, as Ip has plenty that show he's basically superhuman in reaction and fight speed. He's literally seen people moving in slow motion while he fights and has beaten the asses of dozens of people attacking all at once from every direction.

Kotor3

"Boards don't hit back" philosophy gives Miyagi the advantage. Remember IP Man is the attacker, and Miyagi is the defender and counterer.
Ip Man attacks first, Miyagi easily parries and counters. Can't tell if you are serious by your reasoning. I hope you are trolling.

IP Man won both fights, so your point is irrelevant. You are way off on the philosophy of the statement. If you continue to pick selected statements that I make to reply to while ignoring others I will take that as your concession.

In a previous statement I already proved why catching an arrow does not prove superior speed or reflexes. The Bruce Lee statement supports that.

I will take your constant repeating of the same point as your concession to this discussion since you have done nothing to answer or prove my statements as incorrect.

Silent Master

I challenge you to a comparison of fighting feats, loser gets banned for 3 months.

Do you accept?

FrothByte

I agree that Ip had trouble with Twister and Tyson. Thing is, Miyagi is nowhere near as strong or as heavy as those two. If I'm not mistaken he's even smaller than Ip Man.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
I agree that Ip had trouble with Twister and Tyson. Thing is, Miyagi is nowhere near as strong or as heavy as those two. If I'm not mistaken he's even smaller than Ip Man.

He had trouble with Twister in the beginning, true.

However Frank is a legit superhuman and so was Cheung Tin-chi. Ip went even with Frank because time ran out, and he straight up beat Cheung, who in turn brutalized every other master to prove his Wing Chun was the best.

Also yeah, Miyagi would be the smallest person Ip has fought.

juggerman
Why is this still going on?

h1a8
Catching an arrow has been done in real life and not even by martial arts masters. There's also the question of the bow's draw weight since some bows will shoot arrows a lot slower than others.

Breaking 4 bottles of beer is something that done regularly by martial arts masters. It's an impressive feat but by no means an indication of victory. It's one thing to strike at non-living objects that just sit there and allow you all the time in the world to perform your katas and preparations, quite another to fight a fast moving opponent.

Miyagi has no combat feats that can compare to Ip Man's.

No it's not.
All the arrow catching I saw was fake. The arrow was shot very slow from a long distance. The arrow appeared to be traveling less than 80mph.

In reality, it's humanly impossible to catch an arrow. Arrows travel faster than 220mph.
Average human reactions are 0.215 of a second. This is not quick enough to catch an arrow from 30ft away. Miyagi showed SUPERHUMAN SPEED AND REACTIONS. Ip Man never showed superhuman speed or reactions.

h1a8
Originally posted by juggerman

Because Miyagi was proven to win and some still believe that Ip Man wins.

I agree that Ip had trouble with Twister and Tyson. Thing is, Miyagi is nowhere near as strong or as heavy as those two. If I'm not mistaken he's even smaller than Ip Man. Miyagi showed superhuman strength multiple times. For example, the beer bottle feat and the tree feat. I doubt any of those characters (Tyson and Twister) could duplicate either feat.

FrothByte

Miyagi showed superhuman strength multiple times. For example, the beer bottle feat and the tree feat. I doubt any of those characters (Tyson and Twister) could duplicate either feat.

The beer bottle is not a strength feat. It is a skill feat. You don't need that much strength to smash bottles, you do need accuracy and precision to break off the necks cleanly.

That said, that's still no proof of Miyagi being anywhere near the strength of Twister or Tyson. And you failed to address the issue of size and mass.

Silent Master
Originally posted by juggerman

Because H1 is still running from my challenge.

Solid47
Miyagi showed superhuman strength multiple times. For example, the beer bottle feat and the tree feat. I doubt any of those characters (Tyson and Twister) could duplicate either feat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sFYgt-rkNk

h1a8
The beer bottle is not a strength feat. It is a skill feat. You don't need that much strength to smash bottles, you do need accuracy and precision to break off the necks cleanly.

That said, that's still no proof of Miyagi being anywhere near the strength of Twister or Tyson. And you failed to address the issue of size and mass.

According to the laws of physics, you need great velocity to achieve it. Its like pulling a tablecloth off without moving the dishes. Achieving such hand speeds requires tremendous strength or striking power.

Again Miyagi with the beer bottle feat proves he's stronger and Miyagi chopping a tree in half proves he's stronger.

FrothByte
According to the laws of physics, you need great velocity to achieve it. Its like pulling a tablecloth off without moving the dishes. Achieving such hand speeds requires tremendous strength or striking power.

Again Miyagi with the beer bottle feat proves he's stronger and Miyagi chopping a tree in half proves he's stronger.

Do you need strength and accuracy to do that feat? Yes. Do you need tremendous amounts of strength? No. You just need to be able to concentrate your strength in a powerful and concentrated attack. That doesn't prove he's stronger than Twister or Tyson. I don't think you know what strength is nor the physics behind fighting. Strength isn't just about striking strength but overall strength.. unless you think Miyagi can out-push Twister?

It also doesn't prove that he can do the same strikes in the middle of a fight since you never see him deliver any blow of the same caliber while in a fight.

I don't recall the tree feat. You'll have to post a vid.

h1a8
Originally posted by Solid47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sFYgt-rkNk

Fake feat. He pushed down with his weigh to break the high majority of the slabs. His weight > durability of a slab.

So Either those slabs were fodder material or they were already compromised (i.e. curved).

h1a8
Do you need strength and accuracy to do that feat? Yes. Do you need tremendous amounts of strength? No. You just need to be able to concentrate your strength in a powerful and concentrated attack. That doesn't prove he's stronger than Twister or Tyson. I don't think you know what strength is nor the physics behind fighting. Strength isn't just about striking strength but overall strength.. unless you think Miyagi can out-push Twister?

It also doesn't prove that he can do the same strikes in the middle of a fight since you never see him deliver any blow of the same caliber while in a fight.

I don't recall the tree feat. You'll have to post a vid.

We are talking physics here, not voodoo ancient chinese secrets. To achieve that result requires tremendous hand speed, otherwise it will fail. It's impossible to achieve that feat with hand speed under 100mph.

F=ma
That means to generate great hand speed in a short amount of time takes lot's of force.

The tree feat was in karate kid 2 (near the end) when Sato got trapped under it in the storm. Sato thought Miyagi was coming over to kill him (as a coward) when Miyagi was trying to free him.

FrothByte
We are talking physics here, not voodoo ancient chinese secrets. To achieve that result requires tremendous hand speed, otherwise it will fail. It's impossible to achieve that feat with hand speed under 100mph.

F=ma
That means to generate great hand speed in a short amount of time takes lot's of force.

The tree feat was in karate kid 2 (near the end) when Sato got trapped under it in the storm. Sato thought Miyagi was coming over to kill him (as a coward) when Miyagi was trying to free him.

Post a vid of the feat, then we can both criticize it properly.

I thought we were talking strength, why are you now talking about hand speed? We can talk hand speed later, let's concentrate on strength first.

The fastest strike ever recorded in human history is a boxer's jab. Note that even though it is the fastest, it is also the weakest punch. That proves that just because a strike is fast it doesn't mean it's strong. Try again.

KingD19
Ip smacked a grown man in the ear with a feather duster a d he went sailing across the room.

Difference in Ip and Miyagi is that Ip displays his feats in combat. Miyagi has time to prepare a demonstration. H1, Wasn't it you who said Ivan Drago's 1400 psi punch couldn't be counted in a fight because he had to set up to throw it? Miyagi did that in all the examples you posted. The arrow, the bottles, the tree.

juggerman
Oh shit son eek!

h1a8
Post a vid of the feat, then we can both criticize it properly.

I thought we were talking strength, why are you now talking about hand speed? We can talk hand speed later, let's concentrate on strength first.

The fastest strike ever recorded in human history is a boxer's jab. Note that even though it is the fastest, it is also the weakest punch. That proves that just because a strike is fast it doesn't mean it's strong. Try again.

44mph is the fastest punch. That's nothing.
Try over 100mph to break those bottles.

A jab is the weakest punch because it has the less mass behind it.
This doesn't take away the force needed to accelerate a mass to a specific speed.

h1a8
Ip smacked a grown man in the ear with a feather duster a d he went sailing across the room.

Difference in Ip and Miyagi is that Ip displays his feats in combat. Miyagi has time to prepare a demonstration. H1, Wasn't it you who said Ivan Drago's 1400 psi punch couldn't be counted in a fight because he had to set up to throw it? Miyagi did that in all the examples you posted. The arrow, the bottles, the tree.

No type of preparation can get a human to do something humanly impossible.
And Miyagi didn't prepare. He just dressed and did the demonstration. He never practiced such a thing. It was just natural.

It wasn't me about Drago. But Drago punched with over 2200psi.

juggerman
H1, Wasn't it you who said Ivan Drago's 1400 psi punch couldn't be counted in a fight because he had to set up to throw it?

Now that I think about it, I think that was KT

FrothByte

A jab is the weakest punch because it has the less mass behind it.
This doesn't take away the force needed to accelerate a mass to a specific speed.

You have no proof that that chop was 100mph in speed. It certainly looked slower than a jab. Regular martial artists break bottles all the time. It is not a superhuman feat. Again, you don't seem to understand the concept of strength in a fight and keep changing your stance to evade my points. First you wanted to discuss strength, then you changed your tune to speed, now you want to discuss force without mass.

h1a8
You have no proof that that chop was 100mph in speed. It certainly looked slower than a jab. Regular martial artists break bottles all the time. It is not a superhuman feat. Again, you don't seem to understand the concept of strength in a fight and keep changing your stance to evade my points. First you wanted to discuss strength, then you changed your tune to speed, now you want to discuss force without mass. Break bottles? Are you really trying to read and understand my posts?
Miyagi broke the top of the bottles without knocking the bottles over. This takes near speeds over 100mph to achieve. I'm trying to prove strength, or more importantly, striking power. Hand speed is generated through force. This is a law of physics.

Even ignoring strength, Miyagi being able to generate such hand speeds would be result in great striking power.

quanchi112
H1 is Kt level bad at articulating his ridiculous points.

Dreampanther

Sooooo, now we are just making up feats for the contestants? Okay...

Must hurt being so desperate, since Miyagi already lost so badly.

FrothByte
Break bottles? Are you really trying to read and understand my posts?
Miyagi broke the top of the bottles without knocking the bottles over. This takes near speeds over 100mph to achieve. I'm trying to prove strength, or more importantly, striking power. Hand speed is generated through force. This is a law of physics.

Even ignoring strength, Miyagi being able to generate such hand speeds would be result in great striking power.

Yes I understood your post and I will repeat: regular martial artist break bottles all the time just like what Miyagi did. Maybe not 4 bottles at a time, 2 was the most I've seen, but it's still more plausible than beating 10 fighters at once.

I also noticed how you keep trying to derail the discussion form talking about "strength" to just striking power. Also no proof from you where you got 100mph... or are you admitting you made that number up?

Dreampanther
My favourite part of this argument is the made-up claim that Miyagi has a hand speed of over 100 mph - yet he couldn't catch a fly after years of trying, and Daniel did it within a few days after he started training!

h1a8
My favourite part of this argument is the made-up claim that Miyagi has a hand speed of over 100 mph - yet he couldn't catch a fly after years of trying, and Daniel did it within a few days after he started training!
Catching a fly with chopsticks is totally different than doing it by swatting it with the hand.

Yes I understood your post and I will repeat: regular martial artist break bottles all the time just like what Miyagi did. Maybe not 4 bottles at a time, 2 was the most I've seen, but it's still more plausible than beating 10 fighters at once.

I also noticed how you keep trying to derail the discussion form talking about "strength" to just striking power. Also no proof from you where you got 100mph... or are you admitting you made that number up?

No human has broken a bottle at the top portion without knocking the bottle down.
That's impossible.

My strength argument was to fuel my striking power argument. In other words, I was arguing striking power all the time, just using strength to support it.

Actually I thought if I used 100mph I wouldn't draw any criticism. Since I did then I guess I'll use the REAL number. Try closer to bullet speed, over 200mph. Yes, that's what it takes to do such a feat. Try me now!

Dreampanther
Catching a fly with chopsticks is totally different than doing it by swatting it with the hand.

Not that Miyagi would ever know, his hand speed being too slow to ever catch one, even though Daniel could do it. Poor Mr Miyagi...

Silent Master
Break bottles? Are you really trying to read and understand my posts?

I challenge you to a comparison of fighting feats, loser gets banned for 3 months.

Do you accept?

Dexx-Planet86
ip man isnt even olympic level

his strength is nothing special as he didint even hurt twister with his punches

his durability is nothing special, twister was knocking him all over the place

his speed is nothing special as well since he couldnt even evade twisters hits

Not that Miyagi would ever know, his hand speed being too slow to ever catch one, even though Daniel could do it. Poor Mr Miyagi...

either daniel or dre would trash ip mans @$$ in less than 3 secs

come back when ip man doesnt get his @$$ beaten by pu$$ie$ like twister laughing out loud

Silent Master
ip man isnt even olympic level

his strength is nothing special as he didint even hurt twister with his punches

his durability is nothing special, twister was knocking him all over the place

his speed is nothing special as well since he couldnt even evade twisters hits

either daniel or dre would trash ip mans @$$ in less than 3 secs

come back when ip man doesnt get his @$$ beaten by pu$$ie$ like twister laughing out loud

Thank you for agreeing that Ip man wins.

Dreampanther

Come back when Miyagi doesn't get his @$$ beaten by pu$$ie$ like a fly laughing out loud

Dexx-Planet86
Come back when Miyagi doesn't get his @$$ beaten by pu$$ie$ like a fly laughing out loud
fly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>twister in speed

ipu$$y man has never catched a fly either

miyagi knocks his slow @$$ skull off in 0.5 microsecs

cry moar

Silent Master
fly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>twister in speed

ipu$$y man has never catched a fly either

miyagi knocks his slow @$$ skull off in 0.5 microsecs

cry moar

See, even this guy admits that Ip man wins.

Dreampanther
See, even this guy admits that Ip man wins.

It's kind of fun, watching him using his own logic to prove Miyagi is no match for Ip Man. wink

FrothByte

No human has broken a bottle at the top portion without knocking the bottle down.
That's impossible.

My strength argument was to fuel my striking power argument. In other words, I was arguing striking power all the time, just using strength to support it.

Actually I thought if I used 100mph I wouldn't draw any criticism. Since I did then I guess I'll use the REAL number. Try closer to bullet speed, over 200mph. Yes, that's what it takes to do such a feat. Try me now!

LOL. Here's a video that will make you eat your words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYFugAnKY0

Here are a few other examples of karatekas breaking the top off bottles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_BHcG5I12I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON5cmqskySg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aY4iT-yRqg

So what was that again about no humans being able to break the top off a bottle without knocking the bottle down? I hope you'll admit to being sorely mistaken now.

And please don't tell me that all those men I showed above have handspeeds of 200 mph.

Silent Master
Further proof that h1 just makes things up to make the person he wants to win seem more impressive.

relentless1
lol where are you getting number like 100 mph from??

FrothByte
Originally posted by relentless1
lol where are you getting number like 100 mph from??

He's changed it now. As per his latest post, Miyagi's chops are now traveling at 200 mph.

relentless1
laughing out loud laughing eek!

TheVaultDweller
Still better than the other guy, who claimed Miyagi can catch objects moving faster than a shot from a railgun. Because, apparently, arrows now move at Mach 10.

quanchi112
H1 is the brother of Kt.

h1a8
LOL. Here's a video that will make you eat your words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYFugAnKY0

Here are a few other examples of karatekas breaking the top off bottles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_BHcG5I12I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON5cmqskySg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aY4iT-yRqg

So what was that again about no humans being able to break the top off a bottle without knocking the bottle down? I hope you'll admit to being sorely mistaken now.

And please don't tell me that all those men I showed above have handspeeds of 200 mph.

Fake!
In the bottles there was a full amount of liquid. The liquid adds mass, which adds static friction force. Show me a non fake one where little to no liquid is inside.

quanchi112
Kt is the brother of H1.

h1a8
He's changed it now. As per his latest post, Miyagi's chops are now traveling at 200 mph. MORE

FrothByte
MORE

Care to address the video links I posted?

FrothByte
*crickets*

quanchi112
H1 has abanodned the thread just like his brother Kt does on a regular basis.

h1a8
Care to address the video links I posted? lol I did. A long time ago. Look again.

FrothByte
Fake!
In the bottles there was a full amount of liquid. The liquid adds mass, which adds static friction force. Show me a non fake one where little to no liquid is inside.

1. You never said the bottles had to be empty. You simply said it was impossible for humans to break the neck off bottles. I have proven you wrong. You could at least have the decency to admit your mistake.

2. Not all those bottles contained full amounts of liquid. You can see that some of them did not spill any liquid after getting hit.

3. There's no proof that the bottles Miyagi hit were empty. You made the claim that it was impossible to break bottles the way he did, I have proven you wrong. If you want to claim that they were EMPTY bottles then you have to prove they were empty.

h1a8
1. You never said the bottles had to be empty. You simply said it was impossible for humans to break the neck off bottles. I have proven you wrong. You could at least have the decency to admit your mistake.

2. Not all those bottles contained full amounts of liquid. You can see that some of them did not spill any liquid after getting hit.

3. There's no proof that the bottles Miyagi hit were empty. You made the claim that it was impossible to break bottles the way he did, I have proven you wrong. If you want to claim that they were EMPTY bottles then you have to prove they were empty.

1. I'm sorry
2. All of them, that I saw, had liquid in them. Which ones didn't?
3. The bottles were empty, except the last one. The men drunk each bottle completely before opening a new bottle.

Silent Master
1. I'm sorry
3. The bottles were empty. The men drunk each bottle completely before opening a new bottle.

Do you accept my challenge?

h1a8
Do you accept my challenge?

In arguing a subjective argument? Hell no!
Looking pretty while fighting doesn't mean anything.

Ip Man got hit by boxer's speed. Miyagi can definitely counter attack him.
Miyagi has shown superhuman speed and perceptions with arrow catching and beer bottle breaking.
Miyagi doesn't attack first, he defends and counters instantly.

Bottomline: Miyagi's perceptions are superior and he will have little to no trouble defending and countering Ip Man.

Silent Master
The challenge was to have an unbiased mod view the fight scenes and give their opinion on which was more impressive, so you refusing the challenge is tantamount to admitting that Ip man has the better fighting feats.

So, thank you for admitting that Ip man wins.

FrothByte
1. I'm sorry
3. The bottles were empty, except the last one. The men drunk each bottle completely before opening a new bottle.

1. Accepted.
2. I didn't say they didn't have any liquid, I said they weren't full like you said
3. You need to prove they were empty. You simply saying they were empty is not proof.

h1a8
The challenge was to have an unbiased mod view the fight scenes and give their opinion on which was more impressive, so you refusing the challenge is tantamount to admitting that Ip man has the better fighting feats.

How does subjectively being more impressive translate into a win?
The Spurs are a boring basketball team but they have excellent chances to beat the flashiest team on any given day.

Look at would both can do and how they fight (their styles).
If Miyagi was a first attacker then I would give this fight to IP Man.
The problem here is that Miyagi will not attack first, Ip Man will. Miyagi will masterfully counter. He has the speed, perceptions, and smoothness to do it.

Unbias is an untruth. Many are bias to flashiness.

h1a8
1. Accepted.
2. I didn't say they didn't have any liquid, I said they weren't full like you said
3. You need to prove they were empty. You simply saying they were empty is not proof.

2. I didn't mean they were full (literally as in to the tip top) but rather the base was full (not necessarily the neck).

3. It was understood from the situation that the beer bottles were empty. It makes no sense for the men to drink a little beer from each bottle and constantly open another bottle when there is still more beer in the old bottle. They were garbage bottles that were sitting on the truck. There is nothing to prove. This is a fact. The last one possibly had some liquid in it as we see him drinking it as he puts it down in contempt.

h1a8

Better? Subjectively yes. But how does that translate to who wins? It doesn't.
If Miyagi can be proven to perceive and counter Ip Man's attacks then "better" fighting feats are irrelevant. Now if Miyagi was a first attacker then I would give Ip Man the advantage.

Silent Master
If Miyagi can be proven to perceive and counter Ip Man's attacks then "better" fighting feats are irrelevant. Now if Miyagi was a first attacker then I would give Ip Man the advantage.

You only call Ip mans fighting feats irrelevant because you know they prove that he wins.

jinXed by JaNx
onscreen feats...,

Mr Miyagi= beat up teenagers, excellent at pruning Bonsai Tree's

Ip Man= Flawlessly ( without being hit ) defeated 10 expert martial artists at once.

jinXed by JaNx

There's nothing subjective about it. Ip Mans onscreen feats and accomplishments are demonstratively far more superior and skillful than Miyagis.

Silent Master
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
There's nothing subjective about it. Ip Mans onscreen feats and accomplishments are demonstratively far more superior and skillful than Miyagis.

He knows, that's why he refused to have them judged by an unbiased source.

h1a8
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

I disagree. Catching an arrow with ease >>>>>>>anything Ip man ever did.

Also what you are saying isn't what determines the winning here.
Subjective Accomplishments, skill in general, etc isn't what decides the winner here.

We only use subjective reasoning when there is no objective reasoning to pursue.

Objectively Miyagi can casually catch an arrow. This means he has perceptions beyond Ip Man's speed and quick hand speed.

Objectively, Miyagi doesn't attact first. He always waits for the opponent to attack and defends with a smooth and quick counter attack. He's an expert at Aikido (using an opponents momentum against them).

Ip man is excellent when he doesn't attack first. If Miyagi was a first attacker then Ip man will win.

But Ip man will be the one attacking first and at a disadvantage.

Silent Master
Comparing feats is how we have always determined the winner on these forums and you know this, just like you know Ip man's fighting feats are better.

FrothByte
2. I didn't mean they were full (literally as in to the tip top) but rather the base was full (not necessarily the neck).

3. It was understood from the situation that the beer bottles were empty. It makes no sense for the men to drink a little beer from each bottle and constantly open another bottle when there is still more beer in the old bottle. They were garbage bottles that were sitting on the truck. There is nothing to prove. This is a fact. The last one possibly had some liquid in it as we see him drinking it as he puts it down in contempt.

There is no proof and there is no fact. There is only your interpretation. Bottom line is, you claimed that what Miyagi did was not possible by by normal humans. I have proved you wrong. If you want to strawman the hell out of it and claim they were empty bottles then you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were empty. This is common sense: you make a claim, you have to prove it.

Now are you going to contue with this silly thought or are you going to admit that what Miyagi did is doable by regular humans and yoi don't need 200mph handspeeds to achieve?

As for catching arrows, normal humans do that too. It's not as impressive as you might think especially when done against a low poundage bow.

h1a8
There is no proof and there is no fact. There is only your interpretation. Bottom line is, you claimed that what Miyagi did was not possible by by normal humans. I have proved you wrong. If you want to strawman the hell out of it and claim they were empty bottles then you need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were empty. This is common sense: you make a claim, you have to prove it.

Now are you going to contue with this silly thought or are you going to admit that what Miyagi did is doable by regular humans and yoi don't need 200mph handspeeds to achieve?

As for catching arrows, normal humans do that too. It's not as impressive as you might think especially when done against a low poundage bow.

You didn't prove me wrong.
What Miyagi did was impossible. There was nearly no liquid in 3 of those bottles. You showed people doing it with a substantial amount of liquid in them.

Normal humans caught slow as hell lobbing arrows. I've seen the videos. They should be ashamed of themselves.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>