Knightfall Vader vs. Darth Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Ursumeles
mmm
There are quotes for Knightfall > LS Anakin, or?

Azronger

UCanShootMyNova
Caedus in all.

Deronn_solo
Vader sweeps all rounds.

Caedus has been debunked.

SunRazer
What was the "debunking" for Caedus beating Kyle Katarn in a few seconds whilst injured, again?

Deronn_solo
That's assuming Kyle is even all that good from the start, lmao.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
What was the "debunking" for Caedus beating Kyle Katarn in a few seconds whilst injured, again? Kyle having allies was a hindrance to him, for some reason.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
That's assuming Kyle is even all that good from the start, lmao.

Well, given that you're the one wanking Kyle (and Jerec), I've got nothing to lose if we reduce Kyle's standing. smile

Deronn_solo
mmm

I can't bring Caedus down, without lowballing Katarn.

Damn.

SunRazer
Even if Kyle is just B-team level, it's a really good showing for Caedus. And I was under the impression that most users here ranked Kyle higher than that, although there really doesn't seem to be any basis for that.

MythLord
Kyle is performing HoT-esque feats considerably pre-prime. I see no reason to not place him on at least Fisto's level.

Nearly amputating him after a few seconds of combat while exhausted and injured is arguably one of the best dueling feats in the mythos.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kyle having allies was a hindrance to him, for some reason.
Yes. Saving him from getting blitzed = hindrance.

MythLord
But they were coordinating! Which means Kyle left his leg unguarded on purpose. He's willing to risk his life on the reaction time of a Jedi Knight!

Deronn_solo
Kyle is Jinn level by feats, lal.

His army busting feat is over-hyped given the fact he had help from multiple comrades, and he was hardly taking on more than 4 at a time.

Maul simarly taking out Jinn with an injured leg on Tantooine is a showing that shares parity with Caedus showing.

Ursumeles
Maul simarly taking out Jinn with an injured leg on Tantooine is a showing that shares parity with Caedus showing.
With Caedus showing against Kyle?
It gives an difference between dominating, and nearly blitzing.

MythLord
Kyle is Jinn level by feats, lal.

His army busting feat is over-hyped given the fact he had help from multiple comrades, and he was hardly taking on more than 4 at a time.

Same thing could be said for HoT or Meetra, tbh. And the ones Katarn fought were listed as "matches for Jedi Masters" and were stated as being "high-level villains in any era". That's an accolade surpassing the Sith acolytes that Surik slaughtered being "elite". And then he goes on to best Desann.

Add in a couple of decades of power-growth, and prime!Kyle should be performing such a feat at his leisure. Just marking him at Jinn level is lowballing.

LOL no. Caedus would've killed him far quicker, under more negative circumstances, and against a superior foe.

Ursumeles
Here is the quote that states that Caedus was distracted, btw.
I could see, why you would doubt it, tho.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by MythLord
Same thing could be said for HoT or Meetra, tbh. And the ones Katarn fought were listed as "matches for Jedi Masters" and were stated as being "high-level villains in any era".

Hmm? Where this?

MythLord
It's in Threats of the Galaxy, if I remember correctly.

But it isn't referring to the Reborn, it's referring to Dark Jedi Masters, which Kyle also slaughtered.

Zenwolf
It's in Threats of the Galaxy, if I remember correctly.

But it isn't referring to the Reborn, it's referring to Dark Jedi Masters, which Kyle also slaughtered.

Ah, that. Thought you might have referred to the Shadowtroopers or something.

Deronn_solo
Who cares? Neither are in involved in this thread. Save your biased agenda for someone that gives two shits.

Uhh, no. The quote was talking about Dark Jedi in GENERAL, not the ones Kyle faced specifically. Learn to read and comprehend once in a while, lmao. In fact, Kyle never even faced Dark Jedi as far as I know. Only Reborn and Shadow Troopers.

Desann has no overly impressive feats or accolades to his name, so no.

Kyle was never stated to receive any significant growth in power after the events of the game, so get that fanon shit outta my face.

You can't bullshit the greatest Katarn debater there is, kek.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Here is the quote that states that Caedus was distracted, btw.
I could see, why you would doubt it, tho.

Yes, facing multiple opponents will do that to you. This is not what I had in mind when people screamed "He was distracted!".

MythLord
Who cares? Neither are in involved in this thread. Save your biased agenda for someone that gives two shits.

Both those two are ahead of Jinn as it is, which is why I'm mentioning them.

Uhh, no. The quote was talking about Dark Jedi in GENERAL, not the ones Kyle faced specifically. Learn to read and comprehend once in a while, lmao. In fact, Kyle never even faced Dark Jedi as far as I know. Only Reborn and Shadow Troopers.

It's referring to the Dark Jedi Masters serving under Desann and the Empire Reborn, actually.
And yeah, Katarn did fight them, unless my memory is rusty.

Desann has no overly impressive feats or accolades to his name, so no.

Desann has collapsing structures larger than ships; being considered by Luke as a potent foe; and the ability to imbue the Force to other living beings, making non-Force sensitives into Force sensitives.

Strikes me as overly impressive, tbh.

Kyle was never stated to receive any significant growth in power after the events of the game, so get that fanon shit outta my face.

That's why logic exists. thumb up Going from a relative newbie with the blade, to the Battlemaster of the entire Order is obviously a pretty big leap.

You can deny it, but it's ridiculous and unfounded to do so.

Zenwolf
ability to imbue the Force to other living beings, making non-Force sensitives into Force sensitives.

You can deny it, but it's ridiculous and unfounded to do so.

This was due to the Valley of the Jedi, don't think under his own power unless it's stated somewhere.

MythLord
Originally posted by Zenwolf
This was due to the Valley of the Jedi, don't think under his own power unless it's stated somewhere.

Actually, Threats of the Galaxy states that after absorbing the power of the Valley of the Jedi for themselves, Hethrir and Desann were given the power to imbue others with the Force, or something along those lines.

Zenwolf
Actually, Threats of the Galaxy states that after absorbing the power of the Valley of the Jedi for themselves, Hethrir and Desann were given the power to imbue others with the Force, or something along those lines.

Ah, yeah I see it. Though it says artificially and I recall that Luke said something along the lines, of using the Artusian crystals to do that.

Deronn_solo
I wouldn't say it was something because of army busting, no

Quote, please. Also, when did he right Dark Jedi Masters? During the Yavin and Doomgiver stages, every foe Kyle fights are either Reborn, or Shadow Troopers.

Solid TK feat.

A dime a dozen accolade really.

Via special crystals, and how is this combat useful again?

I mean, it's impressive, but hardly jaw dropping. Sources have gone on record saying Desann is still striving to becoming a master of the dark arts and such.

Kyle wasn't a newb during Jedi Knight II: Outcast, he had formerly trained for some time and everything, and even had an apprentice in Mara Jade Skywalker. erm

Plus, it's not exactly relevant how long Katarn was a Jedi for, giving the NJO gave out titles significantly faster than the old Order.

MythLord
I wouldn't say it was something because of army busting, no

Well technically none of them are true army busters, since they took on group after group, at which case it's more a matter of stamina. : Shrugs

Quote, please. Also, when did he right Dark Jedi Masters? During the Yavin and Doomgiver stages, every foe Kyle fights are either Reborn, or Shadow Troopers.

Turns out they just served the Empire Reborn. I looked over the Speed Run of JKII and couldn't see them. : Shrug

Via special crystals, and how is this combat useful again?

Wait? What special crystal? And it implies a good deal of raw power.

I mean, it's impressive, but hardly jaw dropping. Sources have gone on record saying Desann is still striving to becoming a master of the dark arts and such.

TotG claims Desann has mastered the Dark Side, despite his lack of experience -- which to beings of great potential doesn't really matter anyways.

Kyle wasn't a newb during Jedi Knight II: Outcast, he had formerly trained for some time and everything, and even had an apprentice in Mara Jade Skywalker. erm

He was a "Jedi failure" throughout most of the game, actually. He's even abandoned use of the Force, which is why Desann initially stomped him like he did.
Only afterwards does Mara seek him out for him to help her train.

Plus, it's not exactly relevant how long Katarn was a Jedi for, giving the NJO gave out titles significantly faster than the old Order.

Sure, but the fact that he was considered as a worthy replacement for Kam Solusar as the Jedi Battlemaster implies a growth in skill, at least in a technical sense, IMO.

Zenwolf

Wait? What special crystal? And it implies a good deal of raw power.

The Artusian crystals.

MythLord
Oooh yeah... Those things. mmm

Dropping my point on Desann imbuing Force powers to fodder, then.

Geistalt
Why is everyone wanking RotS Vader all of a sudden?

UCanShootMyNova
It's not all of a sudden. It's been happening for the last several months.

gideongarner01

gideongarner100
Caedus sweeps and he hasn't been debunked. Only idiots would say that. George lucas himself has said that prime suit vader>ROTS Anakin and caedus has been stayed many times even by luke ducking skywalker himself to be far superior to vader. So you peole need to make up your damn minds. Going on FEATS and STATEMENTS caedus=Yoda>prime suit vader>k nightfall vader. These are the facts that people just have to live with whether they like it or not.

IdrisianGraecus
KFV ****stomps here lol. I love Caedus, but he is most definitely not at the level of Yoda, ROTS Sidious, or KFV.

Lord Lucien
KFV just conjurs an image of Vader sitting on his plantation in a fancy antebellum white suit and sipping a mint julep.

The Dark Side is the best part of the chicken.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.