Anakin and Kenobi vs Windu and Dooku (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Team coordination considered.

Ursumeles
Team 1.

MythLord
Team 1. Obi is damn close to either(he'll definitely lose, but he'll press them) and Anakin is superior to either.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Team coordination considered.

No shit.

DarthAnt66
fug u fgit

Azronger
Skywalker and Kenobi

JKBart
Team 2

Kurk
idk what the relationship between Dooku and Windu was when they were jedi, but the sync energy between Kenobi and Skywalker by RotS was pretty damn good. That alone is enough to unbalance team 2 imo.

Otherwise it's a grueling and long fight with Dooku contending with Anakin for a while and Kenobi lasting just as long, if not longer, against Windu with his Soresu advantage. I can't see Windu breaking Kenobi's defenses without the aid of Vaapad dark-energy and Dooku can stalemate non-Zonakin. Dooku would probably be the first to go after tiring from Anakin's battering; Windu would follow next being the 50-some year old man he is with his ferocious form vs Kenobi's energy-efficient Soresu.

So team 1 for a slight majority.

DarthAnt66
Dooku can't stalemate LS Anakin.

They fought as equals in DD before the Outer Rim Sieges.

Also, Anakin gets stronger as a fight goes on.

Petrus
If it's Windu vs. Anakin and Obi vs. Dooku, Dooku will dispose of Obi faster than Anakin can beat Windu. If it's Windu vs. Obi and Dooku vs. Anakin, the fight becomes tighter, but Windu may dispose of Obi faster than Anakin beats Dooku.

So, I'm leaning Team 2.

Kurk
Dooku can't stalemate LS Anakin.

They fought as equals in DD before the Outer Rim Sieges.

Also, Anakin gets stronger as a fight goes on.
Regardless he can at least contend with him for a significant amount of time. He loses due to force fatigue not a technical skill disparity.

DarthAnt66
Except they were equals in skill in DD... he clearly is inferior in skill too.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team 2, they work for it, but they get the job done. . Mace is the reason why

Kurk
Except they were equals in skill in DD... he clearly is inferior in skill too. Where does it say in DD that Anakin is more technically skilled than Dooku in saber combat? The man dedicated his entire life to one form lol.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Kurk
Where does it say in DD that Anakin is more technically skilled than Dooku in saber combat? The man dedicated his entire life to one form lol.
Uh, they fought as *equals*. Their lightsaber abilities were *equal* as of DD.

Thus, by ROTS, Anakin would best Dooku in a lightsaber duel, even without factoring in "force fatigue."

It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Yes, Dooku studied his whole life, but we're discussing the Chosen One.

The Ellimist
Team 1.

Darth Thor
Probably give the edge to team 2 based on them being more experienced.

But Mace v Anakin and Dooku v Kenobi will match up well in Saber abilities.

Jmanghan
I made this topic 3 months ago and everyone was voting for Windu and Dooku.

:/

relentless1
Team 2, Dooku owns Obi and Mace at the time of ROTS could take Anakin down

Kurk

DarthAnt66
"The fight between him (Dooku) and Anakin was close and constantly shifting." --Dark Disciple

thumb up

So yeah, if they fight as equals here, Anakin is definitely better by RotS.

Kurk
"The fight between him (Dooku) and Anakin was close and constantly shifting." --Dark Disciple

thumb up

So yeah, if they fight as equals here, Anakin is definitely better by RotS. I already accepted that but you claimed that Anakin was more technically skilled and haven't backed up that claim.

DarthAnt66
I assumed by technical skill you meant overall combat effectiveness, since the only factors you mentioned relevant to battle were technical skill and Force fatigue. Technical skill is unquantifiable and irrelevant when we have overall combat abilities to compare. It's only use would be to help derive and compare said overall combat abilities. Fact of the matter is, as I stated, Anakin is on par with Dooku in sabers in DD, and better than him in RotS. Thus, he's going to be defeating him in this fight even without going DS. That's all I'm really trying to argue here.

JKBart
There is no doubt Dooku is more technically skilled, knowledgeable and refined, but in actual combat ability and lightsaber dueling as a whole, RotS Anakin is clearly better, yep.

DarthAnt66
I wonder how much of Anakin's style is actually technical skill based. As Gillard pointed out, he basically took Force LSD. Dooku refined his technique for over half a century, whereas Skywalker shows up and grows exponentially in lightsaber abilities in the span of three years to the point where he's perhaps the greatest in all of history. I imagine it foremost being because of his sheer Force potential (refer to Luke besting Vader despite no lightsaber training), then his actual combat experience, and then finally his refinement and practice of ability as you would expect your traditional Jedi to do. With Anakin, it all blurs as one to create a virtually unbeatable opponent.

Jmanghan
Anakin beats Dooku several times in TCW.

Dooku always has to use force powers just to keep up.

Darth Thor
Dooku's Force powers always gave him the edge over Anakin in TCW. But it seems they were still pretty even in all out combat by Dark Disciple.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.