Quotes for Dooku/Maul being level 8?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Just needed to see the quote for myself, because I still haven't seen it.

Ursumeles
Huh? IIRC they were Level 8...

SunRazer
Edited it. I accidentally hit the wrong key before.

DarthDuelist9
It was during a twitter conversation with Gillard, I'm sure it's out there but don't have it myself.

MythLord
Gillard said they were 8s, but also that it factored in more stuff than just regular combat. mmm

SunRazer
Like what?

They're still not level 9. That's reserved for the absolute best.

DarthDuelist9
IIRC he said it also factored in how much they learned and stuff

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Like what?

They're still not level 9. That's reserved for the absolute best.

I dunno, I just know he said it has more to do than just fighting in the exact same quote.

Darth Thor
Ant has it. He's the one who asked Gillard.

Originally posted by MythLord
I dunno, I just know he said it has more to do than just fighting in the exact same quote.

Yeah emotional states and shit, which we know can boost or hinder combatants.

DarthAnt66
Was an email with me.

SunRazer
Can you post it?

UCanShootMyNova
Probably not.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Can you post it?
https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/73/92/12/ng10.png

SunRazer
Interesting. When he says "there is a huge difference inside the numbers themselves", is he referring to a potentially huge gap within level 8 (as in a duelist at the top of level 8 is much better than a duelist at the bottom of level 8)?

Also, what's the exact wording in the quote where Gillard says Anakin is tier 8 and becomes tier 9 when he taps into the dark side?

Darth Thor
Yes that confirms there are low level and high level 8's. Clearly both Anakin and Windu are high/top level 8's even prior to their jump/boost to Level 9's.

SunRazer
I would put Dooku there also, given his demonstrable superiority to Obi-Wan (who might be more of a "low-level" 8) and ability to contend with level 9's like Yoda. The difference being that Dooku doesn't actually have a way of getting into level 9 like Mace or Anakin.

Darth Thor
Yes Dooku definitely has a good case for being a top level tier 8.

DarthAnt66
High 8 and low 9 are a huge difference, tbh.

McP
Perhaps not that huge. After all, Anakin overhelmed Dooku, which enabled him to outmaneuver him. He ddin't beat him as clearly as Luke bested Vader in ROTJ.

DarthAnt66
And?

relentless1
so is there some kind of official power rankings from 1-10 tier characters or is this just Gillard making shit up as he goes??

NewGuy01
Uh, neither. It's not official, but it's something Lucas and Gillard decided on when they were making the films and choreographing the fights.

Unbowed
Interesting. So TPM Maul is a level 8, as presumably that is the only incarnation Gillard is familiar with and the films are his area of expertise.

So how much stronger is TCW or Rebels Maul?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Unbowed
Interesting. So TPM Maul is a level 8, as presumably that is the only incarnation Gillard is familiar with and the films are his area of expertise.

So how much stronger is TCW or Rebels Maul?

There's a huge difference even within the levels. So both animation incarnations of Maul are probably still 8's. Doesn't mean they're all equals though.

Lord Stark
Duh, he even said Mace was an 8 going on a 9.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.