Cosmic Zamasu (Episode 67) vs Beerus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins?

Ridley_Prime
Do you basically just beat the cosmic form by destroying the planet, or is some Zeno kind of magic required too? Don't know if Beerus has the abilities needed to take out this sort of entity.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It wasn't just the planet, but the entire universe. He was so all encompassing that the present timeline was also being affected.

carver9
True. Beerus does have the power to destroy everything though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not sure. Zeno's destruction could have well been on a more transcendent level, so to speak.

Suffice it to say, I'm more impressed with Cosmic Zamasu than any other form of Zamasu, in terms of power.

NewGuy01
The real question is, did Zamasu actually become more powerful after he died? Or did that power just take another form?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dunno. But he seemed essentially indestructible in his cosmic form. Warping shit to the point that the alternate present timeline was being affected. He's got a sort of haxx that he never had in his physical form.

Inedian
Hm, maybe even Beerus would be overwhelmed here.

Tondemonai
Yeah, I'd say Zamasu here. Idk if Beerus' universe-busting powers would really cover it, given we don't know what form they take, or if it operates on he same level as Zeno's (I doubt it).

SSJGGogeta
First off, Zeno-sama didn't JUST destroy the universe Trunks came from. He literally destroyed the entire alternate timeline, meaning the past, present and future of said universe. He destroyed the entirety of that dimension, and everything that was inside of it. Only Trunks and Mai from the instant they left that universe existed from said universe, and only because they were outside of their timeline at that point.

This is why there are still the same amount of universes present.

Anyway, in regards to the fight. Beerus is demonstrably not capable of destroying entire timelines. He can destroy entire universes, but not the infinite dimensions within them, meaning he is a universe buster, while Zeno-sama is conversely a multiverse buster.

However, Beerus could destroy Zamasu. He would simply continue to exist in an alternate timeline, which would create another time-ring, as Beerus destroying Zamasu in the first place did. This means that he'd still technically exist in his cosmic form.

At least this is what the show has shown us thus far. Of course, it could be changed or confirmed somehow later on.

ares834
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
First off, Zeno-sama didn't JUST destroy the universe Trunks came from. He literally destroyed the entire alternate timeline, meaning the past, present and future of said universe. He destroyed the entirety of that dimension, and everything that was inside of it. Only Trunks and Mai from the instant they left that universe existed from said universe, and only because they were outside of their timeline at that point.

No he didn't. Trunks and Mai even went back to the future prior to the destruction of their universe.

dvampire
Beerus in a nano second!😌😳😌

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by ares834
No he didn't. Trunks and Mai even went back to the future prior to the destruction of their universe.

No, they went to a completely alternate timeline. I can post the part of the episode, if you'd like.

ares834
I've seen the episode, thanks. And no, it's initially the same timeline though they would cause it to branch into a new one merely by going there.

SSJGGogeta
I've seen the episode, thanks. And no, it's initially the same timeline though they would cause it to branch into a new one merely by going there.

No, Whiss identified it as a completely separate timeline. I'm pretty sure Bulma was even still alive in it. Zamasu(not merged Zamasu) was still in this timeline, but so was Beerus, which is why Whiss was just planning to have Beerus seal him. This would apparently seal him in every universe/mutliverse(?).

The logic is definitely quite skewed at this point, but essentially imagine infinite universes within Trunks' multiverse. The one that Trunks specifically originated from had its past, present, and future erased. However, there are still infinite universes within that multiverse, they're just referred to as separate timelines. The one mirai Trunks and Mai came from, however, is gone forever. Cosmic Zamasu was even affecting the past from said universe, and even that influence was gone.

Going by the context in the series thus far, timelines just refer to the collective past, present and future of one universe within a multiverse. The Omni-king destroyed the entirety of one.

Think about it, lol. If Trunks and Mai had just gone to a point before the universe was destroyed, they'd be living on borrowed time anyway. laughing

ares834
No, you're mistaking what I'm saying. Initially, Trunks and Mai would be traveling back to their timeline (though into is past before even Beerus was dead). However, merely by does by this, they are causing this timeline to split into two one where they traveled to and one which they did not (this is the one that is ultimately destroyed).

This is generally how the timelines work in DBS there was originalaly one timeline but when someone messes with time it causes the timeline to split into two and thus creating a new time ring.

Beyond that, the fact that Goku was able to return to the future to pick up Zeno shows that the erasure of the timeline was not all that complete.

SSJGGogeta
No, you're mistaking what I'm saying. Initially, Trunks and Mai would be traveling back to their timeline (though into is past before even Beerus was dead). However, merely by does by this, they are causing this timeline to split into two one where they traveled to and one which they did not (this is the one that is ultimately destroyed).

This is generally how the timelines work in DBS there was originalaly one timeline but when someone messes with time it causes the timeline to split into two and thus creating a new time ring.

Beyond that, the fact that Goku was able to return to the future to pick up Zeno shows that the erasure of the timeline was not all that complete.

Okay, fair enough. I guess that's one way to interpret it.

That would make sense too, if not for the fact that Cosmic Zamasu's influence was spreading to the past as well. It was even affecting separate timelines, like the current DBS timeline. However, this should mean that even that timeline should have been erased?

At this point though, I think Toriyama has just confused himself with his own logic, trying to make Goku outdo Superman, lol.

Inedian
Ares84 is right. Zeno destroyed the timeline we were watching ''Future Trunks original timeline''. Outside of that timeline, else was untouched (original timeline exists, new Future Trunks timeline exists etc...)

Inedian

Exactly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.