Valkorion vs the Outlander (Revan's Final Fight?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
So, during the fight with the Outlander vs Valkorion, it's a multi-staged fight.

During it, Valkorion will change to the "dark," "light," and "grey" sides of the Force.

When this happens, the Uber Holocron transforms you into Darth Marr, Satele Shan, and Revan respectively.

This is the only way that you can damage Valkorion in such a situation.

Transforming into these characters gives you unique abilities linked to the characters.

Becoming Satele Shan gives you Battle Meditation, becoming Revan gives you Force Drain, etc.

DarthAnt66
"The power of the holocron has transformed you into Revan."

So, does this mean Revan is actually fighting Valkorion, or what?

At the very least, it seems like you have Revan's power and spiritual body.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4oHBoeuZ10&t=0m17s = me atm

Ursumeles
What the ****?

MythLord
Originally posted by Ursumeles
What the ****?

My thoughts exactly...

Nephthys
https://media.giphy.com/media/RL0xU1daTlMoE/giphy.gif

Trocity
Wow, is SWTOR really this bad?

This sounds absolutely awful.

Ursumeles
Ngl, at first I thought Ant would just put "Revan" in the title; and that it doesn't has a connection with Outlander vs Valk at all.

SunRazer
BioWare's surpassed Karen Traviss in "most cringeworthy moments of writing in SW".

MythLord
thumb up laughing out loud

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
BioWare's surpassed Karen Traviss in "most cringeworthy moments of writing in SW".

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Azronger
Revan deserved better than this...

The Ellimist
lol

Beniboybling
...and this is why boss fight mechanics should be non-canon.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling
...and this is why SWTOR should be non-canon.
Fixed.

Beniboybling
thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So Valkorion's death might not be as embarrassing now. Yay.

Beniboybling
This isn't embarrassing?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not really, given we have no context for how powerful these spirit people are.

Stupid is a better term to use.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
...and this is why boss fight mechanics should be non-canon.

What I've kept saying...

DarthAnt66
The idea that you can play as Revan and fight Valkorion is as cool as it gets, tbh.

Zenwolf
I thought this didn't come till December? Or is this some testing or whatever? Cause it seems way too far to be out already.

DarthAnt66
Data mining.

Zenwolf
Ah....

NewGuy01
Is this going to be chapter based, or released all at once?

DarthAnt66
The first nine chapters (including Valkorion's defeat) is included at launch.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The idea that you can play as Revan and fight Valkorion is as cool as it gets, tbh. Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Stupid is a better term to use.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

ChaosTheory123
Got to be honest?

I kind of like this kind of thing in other fictions *shrugs*

That "everyone fights through you" trope is something I find mindlessly fun, if not usually quite as literal as this

Not sure it has a place in Star Wars though

TenebrousWay
Pure garbage, lmao.

SunRazer
The idea that you can play as Revan and fight Valkorion is as cool as it gets, tbh.

Stupid. The word you're looking for is stupid.

Solar Power
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Got to be honest?

I kind of like this kind of thing in other fictions *shrugs*

That "everyone fights through you" trope is something I find mindlessly fun, if not usually quite as literal as this

Not sure it has a place in Star Wars though

Tru, it works well in a shonen series like Naruto where nonsensical is the norm and story moments and character interactions are more important than making sense. Star Wars has always been more grounded in a universe more close to our reality than an anime however imo. Authors like Luceno and Stover would supplement their works with interesting world building, spending paragraphs describing the minute detail of a starfighter as much as they did the thoughts and motivations of a character. Star Wars benefits from the combined efforts of the EU that paint a very wide and diverse lore, with some clear rules, and the scenarios being described just seem ridiculous in consideration of these rules.

As a videogame, it sounds like some cool mechanics for a boss battle, but as a Star Wars videogame, it is a kinda silly in comparison to what's been established ( I haven't delved into any post RotJ content tho, so who knows, some of the stuff I've seen people post regarding that also seems ridiculous).

Geistalt
The idea that you can play as Revan and fight Valkorion is as cool as it gets, tbh. Originally posted by SunRazer
Stupid. The word you're looking for is stupid.

Deronn_solo
Star Wars never really did have great writing, (or good for that matter) but crap like this takes it to the next level, lmao.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Star Wars never really did have great writing, (or good for that matter) but crap like this takes it to the next level, lmao.

Never huh? You sure? Cause there are good stories.

Deronn_solo
A bit of an exaggeration on my part, because they are some legit good stories ( The Thrawn Trilogy, for example) but 90% of the EU isn't very good in terms of actually writing.

The entirely of TOR, most of the New Republic, most of the NJO, entire Legacy era, and a good chunk of the PT era, isn't that isn't really that great. The best written SW stories are the one-shot ones with characters that really don't get much exposure after the fact.

ILS
because they are some legit good stories

isn't very good in terms of actually writing.

The entirely of TOR

isn't that isn't really that great

writing

Zenwolf
A bit of an exaggeration on my part, because they are some legit good stories ( The Thrawn Trilogy, for example) but 90% of the EU isn't very good in terms of actually writing.

The entirely of TOR, most of the New Republic, most of the NJO, entire Legacy era, and a good chunk of the PT era, isn't that isn't really that great. The best written SW stories are the one-shot ones with characters that really don't get much exposure after the fact.

Can't really argue post-ROTJ, though Crimson Empire was pretty great.

TOR I'll agree with, though I think after vanilla, before it wasn't too bad at least by comparison.

I found many of the GCW stories pretty great too.

darthbane77
What's the source for this Ant?

Nephthys
I enjoyed quite a lot of TOR and would argue that at least half of it has legitimately decent/good writing as per the Bioware standard, however it is noticeably hamstrung by the MMO format. Largely, imo, its the concepts and story itself thats shitty while the on-the-ground writing is up to Bioware standards.

For instance, the concept of Zakuul was tears-inducingly retarded but in practice it had some nice elements.

If nothing else, I think the base game class stories stand up and are worth the price of admission. thumb up

Petrus
Originally posted by Nephthys
I enjoyed quite a lot of TOR and would argue that at least half of it has legitimately decent/good writing as per the Bioware standard, however it is noticeably hamstrung by the MMO format. Largely, imo, its the concepts and story itself thats shitty while the on-the-ground writing is up to Bioware standards.

For instance, the concept of Zakuul was tears-inducingly retarded but in practice it had some nice elements.

If nothing else, I think the base game class stories stand up and are worth the price of admission. thumb up

thumb up

If this wasn't an MMO but still written by BioWare, it would've been tons better.

The Ellimist
TOR tainted the Kotor era's legacy.

Petrus
Yeah but I do believe it's partially because it's a MMO. There's a reason KOTOR's story was way better, and other BioWare works such as the ME series and Dragon Age were terrific overall in terms of its writing.

The Ellimist
Maybe. A story's pioneers tend to have a special something that is rarely replicated.

Petrus
I just think that even if BioWare dropped the ball hard on TOR, generally speaking, BioWare's creations are not bad at all, in fact, quite the opposite.

I do not dislike the base stories of most protags in TOR. Some are meh, some are good and some are very good.

SunRazer
None of TOR's single player stories match up to the KotOR games, either. Not even the 2nd, which is saying something considering the plot holes and messiness that make up most of TSL's story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.