Union workforce and Trump Presidency

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
I'm curious as to anyone's thoughts on the U.S. union skilled work force's future for the next 4 years.

Lord Lucien
Trade unions will probably be banned and the state will take over the role of looking after the working class.

Flyattractor
Yeah would be nice if Trump and the Repub Boys finally shut down these Leftist Progressive Thug Machine once and for all.

meep-meep
Trade unions aren't a terrible thing, especially for skilled trade workers. There are a lot of shitty unions out there, though. Thing is unions were put in place to protect skilled workers, with appropriate pay. That includes hours worked, holidays, blah, blah.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah would be nice if Trump and the Repub Boys finally shut down these Leftist Progressive Thug Machine once and for all.

Do you think skilled trade workers should be paid minimum wage?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by meep-meep

If they do a minimum wage effort I do.

meep-meep
If they do a minimum wage effort I do.

What's your bottom line pay for an electrician?

Flyattractor
A SHOCKING Amount.

meep-meep
Zing. Okay. I'm asking honestly.

Flyattractor
Tough call. What type Elec we talking? Construction. Mechanical? Engineer? The poor slob that has to keep Hillary's server up and pumping?

Stigma
Originally posted by meep-meep

6TGkfjaxFWs

thumb up

&

b4Ubp7U9Dq4
thumb up

meep-meep
Tough call. What type Elec we talking? Construction. Mechanical? Engineer? The poor slob that has to keep Hillary's server up and pumping?

My thought was regarding mostly the construction electrician work force. I should include carpenters, masons, heavy equipment operators and even some laborers. I'm not against privately owned trade companies, mind you. I just worry that disbanding some of these unions could lower the wages for some of these skilled jobs. I work for a private company and I work around a lot of union folk, and some of these people are lazy sobs, especially the California based ones. That said, unions are here to prevent the pencil pushers from taking advantage. Just MO.

cdtm
In my brief time with the usps (As a "casual", or basically a non union protected temp) there were two types of union guys: The lazy slob who sat on his ass all day and ranted about politics. And the driven guy who was always on the management about every single infraction (My aunt was one of the latter. She got punched in the nose once by a boss.)

A lot of other places do have bad/lazy/clueless unions's, though.

meep-meep
Whoa! Did she file charges? One thing I have respect for a lot of private skilled workers, is that they (in my experience) tend to push the people trying to skate by. Whether they get pushed out or up is entirely up to them. I know that there are unions like that, as well. I'm not generalizing that unions are crappy. In my opinion they need to exist. Otherwise skilled carpenters, brick layers etc. would see a significant wage drop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.