CW Vixen vs. Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Vixen has feats from Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow

Who wins?

http://cdn3-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2016/06/vixencwheader4.png

vs.

http://cdn3.darkhorizons.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/did-luke-cage-demand-crash-netflix.jpg

TheVaultDweller
So which one is it actually? Because there are two different versions.

Mari McCabe - The current version, who was on Arrow, and also has her own animated show.

Amaya Jiwe - The one from the JSA, who is currently working with the Legends.

Is it one, or the other, or is it an amalgamation? And if so, does she get the feats from her own show as well? That character has been confirmed to be the same one, and the animated show is part of the same universe as the the live action shows. Because if she does, it would make this match rather unbalanced.

tkitna
Cage probably takes the TV versions. Every characters cartoon versions have way better feats though. Not sure why we would be including cartoon appearances but whatever.

TheVaultDweller
Things like Clone Wars and Rebels are canon to Star Wars, and the animated show is where Mari plays the title role (and is canon to the CW DCverse).

But it is basically like that. If we go just by live-action feats, I'd go with Cage (neither version has any live-action feats to suggest they can take hits from Luke). But if Mari gets her animated show feats, she would win.

Surtur
Even without animated feats, she can still fly..while Cage can't. So worst case scenario she could play keep away.

TheVaultDweller
Well, then her best shot is stalemate via flight IMO. Because I don't recall any feats of strength or durability to suggest she can hang with Luke for any length of time.

KingD19
CW Vixen is a pale imitation. Rhino and Gorilla are her strongest forms, and so far they're barely above a person. Cage on the other hand is nearer(but still not as strong) to Citizen Steel. He bulldozes her...then gives her some coffee.

Actually, I forgot about her Arrow incarnation, which is actually pretty damn impressive. And she's far faster than Cage since Flash(at the time at least) had a hard time keeping up with her.

Hmmm. Toughie.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
CW Vixen is a pale imitation. Rhino and Gorilla are her strongest forms, and so far they're barely above a person. Cage on the other hand is nearer(but still not as strong) to Citizen Steel. He bulldozes her...then gives her some coffee.

Actually, I forgot about her Arrow incarnation, which is actually pretty damn impressive. And she's far faster than Cage since Flash(at the time at least) had a hard time keeping up with her.

Hmmm. Toughie.

That's why I asked which version. Modern Vixen, if given all her showings, has some serious speed and strength feats. But if we limit her to just live-action showings, things are a lot harder for her.

wakkawakkawakka
Modern Vixen is a bit iffy to gauge but Legends Vixen looses hard. In fact, save for Steel and Firestorm, Luke could probably solo the entire S2 Legends roster.

Surtur
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
In fact, save for Steel and Firestorm, Luke could probably solo the entire S2 Legends roster.

I don't see him being able to take down Ray in his atom suit. Which has flight, energy blasts, and increased strength.

Or if you go with current Ray, I'm not exactly sure what would happen if Luke got hit with a blast from the cold gun on full power.

TheVaultDweller
That suit has a lot of exposed/vulnerable spots though. Depends on how Ray tries to go at him. I see him losing H2H badly. Also, it's impossible to say how effective those energy blasts would be.

As to the cold gun, not sure. Luke has shown really good heat/fire resistance so far, but we haven't really seen how he does against cold.

wakkawakkawakka

BruceSkywalker
she doesn't possess the necessary skills to beat luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.