Best era of Star Wars story telling?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
Phuck power levels --- this is strictly referring to story telling, plots, narration spinning, and character development.

In regards to above categories, which era reigns supreme over the rest?

ILS
Honestly, Bane's era.

Ziggystardust
Rebellion Era OBV.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ILS
Honestly, Bane's era. Lmao.

PT era tbh.

NewGuy01
The movie-era, yeah.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by ILS
Honestly, Bane's era.

PoD > ESB.

Try faxs, honestly.

Ursumeles
Excluding the Rebellion and late NR Era, PT, with Masterpieces like RotS, DP, Ybig grinR etc.
After that, early NR(SoM-JA), and NJO, as well as the Legacy Comics and KOTOR. Than follows the Legacy books, and last and least SWTOR.

ILS
Legacy and the Republic comics were pretty good. Cade and Quinlan were great protags.

The Bounty Hunter Wars series is pretty awesome too, especially if you like Boba Fett.

Darth Abonis
The Clone Wars pre-TCW

JKBart
NJO, Legacy, pre-SWTOR Old Republic.

relentless1
PT era easy; Plaguies, DR, ROTS, LoE etc etc

Nephthys
Kotor might have just on the grounds of not having any shitty works in it, while also having the outstanding Kotor II.

The PT has the most quality stories in it, probably, but it also has some of the worst trash in existence.

Azronger
All of them have good; all of them have bad.

MythLord
Probably the NJO, and PT eras, tbh.
The Legacy and TotJ series is also pretty great.

Deronn_solo
NJO had far too much shit, inconsistent characterization, and OT trilogy pandering to be the best.

MythLord
Eh, I enjoyed it just fine. There's not that much OT pandering... It's there, it just doesn't overblow the main story. The only thing inconsistent was power-levels, for the most part, and you can blame the difference in authors with their own intepretations on where Luke should stand and what Jedi should be.

Deronn_solo
lmao.
Stopped reading after this.

MythLord
'K. Shrug

Surtur
I like the KOTOR era. Those games were awesome.

Exar Kun is a favorite too.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
NJO had far too much shit, inconsistent characterization, and OT trilogy pandering to be the best.

Don't forget the ridiculous "power creep". Nyax, UnuThul, Shimrra, Abeloth. Holy shit NJO is retarded as f-uck.

ares834
I enjoyed the NJO series up until DN, but at that point it just goes off the deep end.

Anyway, I think the best era is either the PT or Rebellion era.

The_Tempest
PT, by far.

SunRazer
RotE stomps.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Don't forget the ridiculous "power creep". Nyax, UnuThul, Shimrra, Abeloth. Holy shit NJO is retarded as f-uck.
While it's obviously power creep, Shimrra and UnuThul make sense(and PT has some as well: Yoda, Talzin, Plagueis, Sidious, Anakin...).
Abeloth is from the Legacy era(LotF alone is utterly shit, and FotJ isn't great either) and Nyax is just retarded.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Ursumeles
While it's obviously power creep, Shimrra and UnuThul make sense(and PT has some as well: Yoda, Talzin, Plagueis, Sidious, Anakin...).

I guess you don't know what power creep means. But tbh spectacle creep is probably more applicable here mmm

Abeloth is from the Legacy era(LotF alone is utterly shit, and FotJ isn't great either).

I still count that toward NJO, it has the same characters, while it has nothing in common with Krayt's Empire in the real Legacy Era.

Ursumeles
I guess you don't know what power creep means. But tbh spectacle creep is probably more applicable here mmm

I still count that toward NJO, it has the same characters, while it has nothing in common with Krayt's Empire in the real Legacy Era.
IIRC, power creep mean's that they get stronger, and stronger. Which isn't the case with NJO.

Yeah, late-NR, and DN-FotJ is shit.

cs_zoltan
IIRC, power creep mean's that they get stronger, and stronger. Which isn't the case with NJO.

Right, that's why they constantly tried to one up Sidious. With iirc Luke legit thinking every time that the current threat is worse than him.

Ursumeles
Ah, you mean the hype. Ok.

MythLord
Right, that's why they constantly tried to one up Sidious. With iirc Luke legit thinking every time that the current threat is worse than him.

Nah. He only directly compared Shimrra to Sidious, and that's about it. Jacen and UnuThul were just "worse Darth Vaders" and Nyax is... well I dunno what to make of him.

Ursumeles
Kueller...well, that was Mara, and she said one day...
And Kun on a massive Nexus, with help of Kyp Durron.
UnuThul a "worse Darth Vader"? I mean power-wise, okay, but the two aren't really similar.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by MythLord
Nah. He only directly compared Shimrra to Sidious, and that's about it. Jacen and UnuThul were just "worse Darth Vaders" and Nyax is... well I dunno what to make of him.

Still there's nothing interesting about them besides "oh wow they are so powerful".

Deronn_solo
thumb up

They're just shit characters who's only real defining trait is power --- in others words, tantamount to a DBZ character.

Beniboybling
NJO sucks yeah.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling
NJO sucks yeah.
Not as much as TCW

But yeah, many NJO Main villains suck.
I actually kinda like Shimrra. I mean, he hasn't much character, but on a mysterious and cool way.
Caedus in LotF is decent, but not as good as he was in NJO. And he doesn't makes sense as villain.
Lumiya and Alema were relative cool imo, but they would have more potential.
Abeloth was sometimes okay, sometimes(more often)bad.
UnuThul has imho an interesting-not necessarily good- concept, but honestly I don't remember much of him- or DN in general.
Bar Vestara, most(I give them the benefit of a doubt) Lost Tribe Sith were shit.
Nyax is probably the worst character in Star Wars.

Dunno much about mid-late NR era.

Beniboybling
Not as much as TCWhttps://media.giphy.com/media/3dgoPz2dhAxxK/giphy.gif

I haven't even read any of it, just know it to be lame. smile

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/3dgoPz2dhAxxK/giphy.gif
lol
You are wrong.

It usn't, tho.
On the contrary, I've saw TCW.... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.