Pick a hero to be your bodyguard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
You are in Atlanta in the Walking Dead Universe after the outbreak. You are smack dab in the middle of the city and have to escape on foot. Who do you choose to get you out?

1. Batman
2. Daredevil
3. Moonknight
4. Mikey (TMNT)
5. Green Arrow
6. Snake Eyes
7. Nightwing
8. Black Widow

Standard gear for everyone. Fire arms are limited to several clips for those that might have them such as snake eyes and black widow.

spetznaz
Originally posted by emporerpants
You are in Atlanta in the Walking Dead Universe after the outbreak. You are smack dab in the middle of the city and have to escape on foot. Who do you choose to get you out?

1. Batman
2. Daredevil
3. Moonknight
4. Mikey (TMNT)
5. Green Arrow
6. Snake Eyes
7. Nightwing
8. Black Widow

Standard gear for everyone. Fire arms are limited to several clips for those that might have them such as snake eyes and black widow.

For me - either Batman or Daredevil.

1. Either one has the senses to detect danger ahead of time (DD at superhuman levels, but BM still good enough to detect a sniper's bullet coming by the 'overpressure of air'). Both would not be caught unaware by a horde.
2. Both have amazing brawl ability - and considering they would know the zombies are dead, they would not hold back. Kind of how Batgirl Cassie went Super Sayan when she realized the mindless beings brought to life by the Lazarus effect were dead - and she didn't hold back to the point that her mother (Lady Shiva) was smiling with pride.
3. None of those two are crazy. Moon knight would probably kill you.
4. Both of them would try and keep you alive (and undead). Black Widow would probably bail on you if things got thick.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by spetznaz

1. Either one has the senses to detect danger ahead of time (DD at superhuman levels, but BM still good enough to detect a sniper's bullet coming by the 'overpressure of air'). Both would not be caught unaware by a horde.
2. Both have amazing brawl ability - and considering they would know the zombies are dead, they would not hold back. Kind of how Batgirl Cassie went Super Sayan when she realized the mindless beings brought to life by the Lazarus effect were dead - and she didn't hold back to the point that her mother (Lady Shiva) was smiling with pride.
4. Both of them would try and keep you alive (and undead). Black Widow would probably bail on you if things got thick.

Yeah Daredevil particularly would be good for this situation.

I can't remember the exact name of the comic (though it's in the Ultimate-verse). Where Daredevil is talking to Logan and he says something akin to,

"There is 3 armed men running towards us from 3 blocks away".

While not 616 Daredevil the general principle sort of applies.

DarkSaint85
Won't DD be overloaded by all the rotting flesh smells though?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Won't DD be overloaded by all the rotting flesh smells though?

Could be possible but I don't know if he'd be completely knocked out by it. If he could regain his senses quick enough he might be able to knock that off. There's also the thing of how rotten were the zombies but I guess they were sufficiently rotten. And even if they only slight gave off an odour 100's of zombies like that would affect him anyway.

Or just put some tissues up his nose.

tkitna
Green Arrow

Flyattractor
Snake-Eyes. He has mystical Ninja abilities and I wouldn't have to listen to him *****.

2nd choice would be Widow but for a diff kind of BODY Guarding......

Surtur
I choose Batman. He then ends the entire zombie plague within 48 hours using only a batarang and his wits.

Flyattractor
But if he did that we wouldn't get to see him make a total fool out of Negan.

Stoic
Black Widow, because you never know how long it could take. Then I could get some of that butt big grin

Sin I AM
Moon Knight. His last mini had him set firmly in knowing how to deal with occult creatures. He's the best bet here

riv6672
^^^Walkers arent occult, though. Dealing with them falls into "Avoid. Headshot."
Still a good choice, though.

DD for me.
I dont see him overwhelmed by smell, thats silly. He's also not going to run out of billy club (ammo, arrows, batarangs, etc.).

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Moon Knight. His last mini had him set firmly in knowing how to deal with occult creatures. He's the best bet here mark is a powerhouse of a high street for sure, but he gets tagged way to often. It's also never shown whether the walkers are Mystical in nature.

Personally, I'd either go with snake eyes (because he's an absolutely professional ninja that makes no noise) or black widow (I doubt that she'd have sex with me, but you never know)

Henry_Pym
Snake eyes is way above the rest of the folks here

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
mark is a powerhouse of a high street for sure, but he gets tagged way to often. It's also never shown whether the walkers are Mystical in nature.

Personally, I'd either go with snake eyes (because he's an absolutely professional ninja that makes no noise) or black widow (I doubt that she'd have sex with me, but you never know)

Theyre undead right? Not sure how they can be classified as anything but.

zopzop
Batman, no contest.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Batman, no contest.

thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Theyre undead right? Not sure how they can be classified as anything but.

Well its referred to as a virus.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Walking-Dead-Virus-Origin-42325375/amp?client=safari

Flyattractor
Plus Snake Eyes is the only one on the list that carrys real GUNS!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Walkers arent occult, though. Dealing with them falls into "Avoid. Headshot."
Still a good choice, though.

DD for me.
I dont see him overwhelmed by smell, thats silly. He's also not going to run out of billy club (ammo, arrows, batarangs, etc.).

Why is it silly?

riv6672
He has better control over his senses than that.

Edit:
Didnt realize you'd posted that particular comment (read the thread in one sitting), so i'll change silly to highly unlikely IMO, as you routinely posit pretty on point scenarios.
No offense meant.

EDIT Edit:
Has TWD comic ever covered the smell issue? The show has never made a big deal of it.
You'd think for the smell to overwhelm DD, who lives in NYC, a city rife with sensory input, it would have to be at a level where normal humans would have huge issues with it themselves (surgical masks, bandanas, gas masks being the norm).

DarkSaint85
He has better control over his senses than that.

Edit:
Didnt realize you'd posted that particular comment (read the thread in one sitting), so i'll change silly to highly unlikely IMO, as you routinely posit pretty on point scenarios.
No offense meant.

EDIT Edit:
Has TWD comic ever covered the smell issue? The show has never made a big deal of it.
You'd think for the smell to overwhelm DD, who lives in NYC, a city rife with sensory input, it would have to be at a level where normal humans would have huge issues with it themselves (surgical masks, bandanas, gas masks being the norm).

In the TWD, they manage to get past the walkers by covering themselves in dead walker juice (and comment how disgusting it smells). IOW, smell is a pretty major point in the TWD universe.

Now, DD is (obv) rightly being chosen for his danger senses, which according to some portrayals, enable him to smell danger from three blocks away. That's gotta be pretty sensitive...and to then have an entire city covered with walking rotting corpses? All I'm saying is, it has to have an impact. Considering other senses (hearing) have been a way of incapacitating DD before.

riv6672
Oh the covered in gore thing.
I dont see it that way.
You cut up any animal, fresh or not, and it smells. Again, no offense meant but if regular humans on TWD arent overwhelmed by the smell on a regular basis, DD should be fine IMO.

DarkSaint85
Oh the covered in gore thing.
I dont see it that way.
You cut up any animal, fresh or not, and it smells. Again, no offense meant but if regular humans on TWD arent overwhelmed by the smell on a regular basis, DD should be fine IMO.

DD's senses are way more sensitive than regular humans, though.

basilisk
Snake Eyes or Daredevil I think. Daredevil's senses would be pretty useful here. The only doubt with Snake is there may be times it would be useful for the bodyguard to be able to give vocal instructions.

Bats would be next.

riv6672
DD's senses are way more sensitive than regular humans, though.
Yeah, and he has control over them.
And TWD universe pretty obviously doesnt smell all that bad.

DarkSaint85

1. Batman
2. Daredevil
3. Moonknight
4. Mikey (TMNT)
5. Green Arrow
6. Snake Eyes
7. Nightwing
8. Black Widow

Mikey.

He's strong and fast, and I can ride on his back as we jump to safety.

Or else, we go through the sewers, which should be relatively Zombie free (I mean, how would they get down there??)

riv6672
Mikey.

Or else, we go through the sewers, which should be relatively Zombie free (I mean, how would they get down there??)
http://i.imgur.com/zRFhbCC.jpg

deathslash
Mikey.

Or else, we go through the sewers, which should be relatively Zombie free (I mean, how would they get down there??) wait, you're choosing the one member of the turtles that's extremely vocal and constantly shouts "cowabunga" in a scenario that requires strealth? More over, you choose the person on the list that's most likely to get shot at by any survivors?

DarkSaint85
wait, you're choosing the one member of the turtles that's extremely vocal and constantly shouts "cowabunga" in a scenario that requires strealth? More over, you choose the person on the list that's most likely to get shot at by any survivors?

He's also got superhuman piercing durability (so walkers can't bite him - he's taken on Mousers), doesn't rely on armour (so can't have it ripped off him), has *some* ninja skills (so can be stealthy when he wants to), plus wouldn't be fatigued by carrying me on his back whilst leaping from rooftop to rooftop.

Not to mention, sewers. Plus, Mikey has some bullet dodging feats of his own, and can deflect lasers with his nunchucks IIRC.

So, pretty fast on his own.

Sin I AM
Dd senses can be overwhelmed.

riv6672
Yes they can.
Not in this situation.

wait, you're choosing the one member of the turtles that's extremely vocal and constantly shouts "cowabunga" in a scenario that requires strealth? More over, you choose the person on the list that's most likely to get shot at by any survivors?
LMFAO!!!!!!!

Sin I AM
Yes they can.
Not in this situation.

LMFAO!!!!!!!

Based on what exactly? Because history dictates otherwise

riv6672
Based on TWD universe not smelling as bad as DS was implying.

darthgoober
Based on TWD universe not smelling as bad as DS was implying.
Yeah but think about the difference between dropping a frog in hot water and putting him in room temperature water and slowly heating it. The people in TWD universe are accustomed to a smell that's built up more and more over years as the number of zombies have increased all over the place, DD hasn't. By the same token, if you take a trip to an African village the place is going to stink to high heaven in your mind, but to the natives YOU are going to be the one who's now stinking up the place because of your cologne and such. The whole ordeal is almost definitely going to be a seriously distracting assault to DD's sense of smell.

Personally, I'd go with Snake Eyes. Most of the options could get you out of town safely when you get right down to it, but with Snake Eyes I know I won't have to listen to any life lessons or long monologues about what a tragedy the whole thing is so I'll prob get out of town quicker overall.

Khazra Reborn
I'd go with Mikey, admittedly he's not the most practical, but he'd be the most fun to hang out with.

Could you imagine have to listen to Bruce Wayne's arrogant ass for the rest of your life? I'd commit zombie suicide.

riv6672
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but think about the difference between dropping a frog in hot water and putting him in room temperature water and slowly heating it. The people in TWD universe are accustomed to a smell that's built up more and more over years as the number of zombies have increased all over the place, DD hasn't. By the same token, if you take a trip to an African village the place is going to stink to high heaven in your mind, but to the natives YOU are going to be the one who's now stinking up the place because of your cologne and such. The whole ordeal is almost definitely going to be a seriously distracting assault to DD's sense of smell.

Personally, I'd go with Snake Eyes. Most of the options could get you out of town safely when you get right down to it, but with Snake Eyes I know I won't have to listen to any life lessons or long monologues about what a tragedy the whole thing is so I'll prob get out of town quicker overall.
Nose blindness is a pretty good theory, but it only goes so far.
For smell to be that debilitating to DD, its going to be something regular people dont just ignore. People would be sick all the time and needing to actively guard against it.
TWD universe hasnt to my knowledge made a big enough deal over smell (not to mention walkers obviously dont "rot" as we know it, or they'd be reduced to skeletons within months) for it to be an issue.
I get its fun to poke holes in other choices, though; i mean, Batman being an ass, Mikey getting shot for food, Snake Eyes being unable to warn you to look out behind you, stinky smell...all in a day's work.

One_Angry_Scot
Forgive me for the ignorance but what can Snake Eyes do? Only thing I know of him is an advert advertising one of the films from years ago.

riv6672
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Forgive me for the ignorance but what can Snake Eyes do? Only thing I know of him is an advert advertising one of the films from years ago.
The comics version is basically Batman in the Joe-verse.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/snake-eyes/4005-6452/

Scroll down to powers/skills/abilities.

One_Angry_Scot
The comics version is basically Batman in the Joe-verse.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/snake-eyes/4005-6452/

Scroll down to powers/skills/abilities.

Thanks mate.

Can't view images at the moment but from that powers section he is pretty impressive. Doesn't have a huge amount of equipment but at the same time do you need lots of equipment?

I'll have to look him up a bit more later. Could be a decent pick.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

He's a notch above everyone here. He has a good respect thread on redditt.

emporerpants
bump!

Mindship
Originally posted by Surtur
I choose Batman. He then ends the entire zombie plague within 48 hours using only a batarang and his wits. Second that.

deathslash
Snake eyes is still the best choice here. Mystical abilities, potentially having the ability to resist being infected, and being a master of improvisation.

DarkSaint85
I still want to ride Mikey.

Flyattractor
Snake eyes is still the best choice here. Mystical abilities, potentially having the ability to resist being infected, and being a master of improvisation.

That and he won't talk your ear off with his old war stories.

byrdgang21
Snake Eyes

Sin I AM
I still want to ride Mikey.

Bareback?

DarkSaint85
Baby, shell is all the protection we need.

TheHulk
Batman and then DD, the rest i could care less.

cdtm
Mikey.

Good enough to handle walkers and the odd group of evil humans, and it would be fun just seeing him in a morbid Kirkman setting..

deathslash
Originally posted by TheHulk
Batman and then DD, the rest i could care less. daredevil's senses will kill him in this scenario and batman has the wrong sort of tools and morals for this.

cdtm
True. thumb up

While fighting Krang robots and weird mutants/aliens won't be much of a stretch from handling Zombies.

ShadowFyre
Y'all are underplaying Mikey by a lot. His skin is to durable to bite and can carry me and cover ground a lot faster.

Turtles ftw

DarkSaint85
He's also got superhuman piercing durability (so walkers can't bite him - he's taken on Mousers), doesn't rely on armour (so can't have it ripped off him), has *some* ninja skills (so can be stealthy when he wants to), plus wouldn't be fatigued by carrying me on his back whilst leaping from rooftop to rooftop.

Not to mention, sewers. Plus, Mikey has some bullet dodging feats of his own, and can deflect lasers with his nunchucks IIRC.

So, pretty fast on his own.

Plus, without TV or Internet or any form of media to consume, having a buddy with tons of stories and who is up for chatting will be great entertainment.

Plus he CAN be stealthy when he needs to be.

deathslash
Plus, without TV or Internet or any form of media to consume, having a buddy with tons of stories and who is up for chatting will be great entertainment.

Plus he CAN be stealthy when he needs to be. he's certainly a better choice than some, but shoosing him pretty much ensures that trading with or meeting up with humans will always end in violence.

ShadowFyre
I thought we just had to get out of the city?

zopzop
I still want to ride Mikey. Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Y'all are underplaying Mikey by a lot. His skin is to durable to bite and can carry me ......
Turtles ftw
Kinky. eek!

DarkSaint85
he's certainly a better choice than some, but shoosing him pretty much ensures that trading with or meeting up with humans will always end in violence.

Then he....hides in the shadows. Or in the sewers just next to me. That's pretty much all they used to do back in the day.

deathslash
Then he....hides in the shadows. Or in the sewers just next to me. That's pretty much all they used to do back in the day. hmm.... I suppose it depends on what version we're using. If it's the original Mirage version or the IDW version, he can definitely get you out, but a good amount of the other versions of mikey are too dumb IMO.

cdtm
he's certainly a better choice than some, but shoosing him pretty much ensures that trading with or meeting up with humans will always end in violence.

Nah, he'd scare most of them off

And the ones who fight are nothing compared to those laser shooting robots in most shows, let alone the more powerful mutants and characters..

There's also the fact there's none better for surviving in the city. That's kind of how Turtles roll in normal environments, should be handy for surviving an apocalypse..

staxamillion

1. Batman
2. Daredevil
3. Moonknight
4. Mikey (TMNT)
5. Green Arrow
6. Snake Eyes
7. Nightwing
8. Black Widow

I'm lost. so if it is a virus then that means they are technically still alive?

I think even without standard gear batman would be a MacGyver type to rig up all kinds of stuff along the way. but he doesn't kill...

pretty compelling stuff for mikey

shiv
Originally posted by spetznaz

Originally posted by Surtur
I choose Batman. He then ends the entire zombie plague within 48 hours using only a batarang and his wits.

Originally posted by zopzop
Batman, no contest.

riv6672
Ha, i remember this thread!
Someone tried to argue DD being overwhelmed by smell. roll eyes (sarcastic)

draxx_tOfU
Either Batman or Snake Eyes. DD would be overwhelmed by the smell.

riv6672
LOL

celeyhyga17
Black Widow

It's a zombiepocalypse. Might as well make the most of your time left on earth.

"Come hither my Red Sparrow!"

droolsrug

riv6672
^^^smaaart...

Pillow Biter
Sadly, there's no real choice here. It's Batman by a mile. They can all kill mass zombies, but Batman may solve the plague, and even if he doesn't, he'll start a sustainable human community worth living in and lead it right.
You gotta think long-term.

Bentley
Yeah, as much as I hate Batman and think he's a joke character in almost every trait he could eventually end up the plague and save the world with his cartoon Powers.

Eon Blue
Batman due to his versatility and endgame approach.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Black Widow

It's a zombiepocalypse. Might as well make the most of your time left on earth.

"Come hither my Red Sparrow!"

droolsrug Isn't that why people are choosing Batman?

Bentley
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Isn't that why people are choosing Batman?

I'm not young enough for Batman to look at me that way.

deathslash
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Sadly, there's no real choice here. It's Batman by a mile. They can all kill mass zombies, but Batman may solve the plague, and even if he doesn't, he'll start a sustainable human community worth living in and lead it right.
You gotta think long-term. ...the thread is about who can best protect you until you get out of Atlanta, not who can do the best after you get out of Atlanta.Originally posted by Bentley
I'm not young enough for Batman to look at me that way. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

One Big Mob
...the thread is about who can best protect you until you get out of Atlanta, not who can do the best after you get out of Atlanta. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud In any case the correct answer is Shane.

shiv
With Batman you're getting

A Doctor / Surgeion / Field Medic

An Expert on Magic and The Occult

A Scientist Expert in Earth and Alien Science and Tech - Robot Army? You Got It. Space Craft? That will be a fun healthy activity to occupy your time while you're on that zombie infested planet

A Martial Arts Master

An Expert Hunter and Tracker - He'll teach you how to live well and defend yourself in any environment

He'll study your personality and give you a plan on what to do and how to act when you cross paths with humans who have lost their way

He can pretty much speak every language in the world, has a tremendous amount of experience in business, and is a superb actor, practiced in winning peoples trust. A ll good things for trading with other survivors.

Batman would probably put an immediate end to TWD via construction of a Lazarus Pit and throwing a couple of undead into it.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by shiv

A Scientist Expert in Earth and Alien Science and Tech - Robot Army? You Got It. Space Craft? That will be a fun healthy activity to occupy your time while you're on that zombie infested planet

A Martial Arts Master

An Expert Hunter and Tracker - He'll teach you how to live well and defend yourself in any environment

He'll study your personality and give you a plan on what to do and how to act when you cross paths with humans who have lost their way

/thread

He can pretty much speak every language in the world, has a tremendous amount of experience in business, and is a superb actor, practiced in winning peoples trust. A ll good things for trading with other survivors.

Batman would probably put an immediate end to TWD via construction of a Lazarus Pit and throwing a couple of undead into it.

shiv
Btw if you take the red head you're taking on an awful lot of uncertainty

If you take the red head with the idea of a little action romance your future is an awful lot more uncertain

With bats, as your wing man, the ladies are going to love you.

DarkSaint85
...the ladies are all dead......

One Big Mob
...the ladies are all dead...... That's not even a problem for Riv now, let alone in an apocalypse setting.

LordofBrooklyn
Batman.

His dealings with Solomon Grundy means he is already prepared.

shiv
...the ladies are all dead......

if *ahem* there be tramps and bitches galore

you are going to be crushing pussy

deathslash
Originally posted by shiv

A Martial Arts Master

Batman would probably put an immediate end to TWD via construction of a Lazarus Pit and throwing a couple of undead into it. 1. Everyone on this list is either an experienced surgeon/medic/doctor

2. He's never been an expert on magic. There's a reason behind why he's always asked actual mages/witches to help him. Stop overselling him.

3. Everyone excluding Mikey and DD have some level of engineering prowess or technological skill. Good luck building a robot army when all the pieces that you need are scattered to hell.

4. Literally everyone on the list is an expert martial artist. The only difference is that most of them have no problem with killing when necessary.

5. Once again, literally everyone on this list. Several of them (DD, Snake Eyes, and MK) do that significantly better than him.

6. 80% of the people on this list can also do that.

You're significantly overselling him. 99% of what he can do, most others on this list can do to a much better degree. His moral will also hold him back.

DarkSaint85
Plus, Mikey seems a cool dude to hang out with.

And has the physicals to carry me out of Atlanta. You're not starting a new world order, just getting out of Atlanta.

DD would be overwhelmed by the smell of Walkers.

riv6672
Now i remember who that guy was. laughing out loud

shiv
Re: Death Slash:

Bruce Wayne asks people things he already knows to get oversight

Re: Dark Saint 85:

You'll get out of Atlanta faster - point - shoot retractable grappling line - from block to block with batman - you'll cover a lot of ground fast. When you run out of high rises - exploding batarangs = handy diversion.

emporerpants
Bump

deathslash
I'd still pick snake eyes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.