Lock Clinton up!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
*After election* "Never mind."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/22/us/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-investigation.html

Trump actually ordered an end to the investigation. He didn't really need to do anything himself, just sit back and let the f.b.i. do their job. No need to take action, ever.

Instead, he took action and stopped it.

Bashar Teg
the FBI investigation was already over. he ordered precisely dick.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
the FBI investigation was already over. he ordered precisely dick.

Robtard
So he ordered a stop to any future possible investigations reopening?

cdtm
Originally posted by Robtard

I guess so.

The point is, for a guy who campaigned hard about locking Clinton up, this is a pretty eyebrow raising move.

It's not like he'd be occupied with the investigation... That's not his job,..

Bashar Teg
again, the investigation is over. your quote refers to how the FBI would likely feel about trump's suggestion that he would end a criminal investigation into clinton if it were to be reopened.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Robtard

pretty much this. although, as i said, he has ordered precisely dick. (which is all a president-elect is capable of ordering from the FBI)

Tzeentch
Originally posted by cdtm
The point is, for a guy who campaigned hard about locking Clinton up, this is a pretty eyebrow raising move. Why? Are we going to pretend that Trump's campaign wasn't almost entirely built upon lies and backtracking?

Henry_Pym
He stopped it because without context it looks like the leader of one party removing the head of the other party. We frown heavily on that in our foreign policy.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Why? Are we going to pretend that Trump's campaign wasn't almost entirely built upon lies and backtracking?

We're talking about Trump not the Clinton campaign smile

Ziggystardust
A few points on the subject of Killary jail sentence.

1. It's too early to tell whether Trump is serious about not pursuing anything against Hillary. Why? Because even if he fully intends to do so, he (and the country) is best served if it appears that he does not. If he goes out of his way now to say that he thinks that it's best to just focus on healing and whatnot, he has political cover a few months after the inauguration to re-open the investigation. And it doesn't even have to come directly from him. It could be under the direction of the FBI or the Justice Department. Trump could simply say something like, "Well as you all know I had no intention of pursuing any criminal charges against Secretary Clinton, but the Justice Department and the FBI have informed me that there is new and serious evidence of criminal wrongdoing in her case. And I don't believe it's the job of the President to stand in the way of law enforcement investigations. It's not something I'm involved in. So I will be maintaining my focus on Making America Great Again while allowing the professionals at the FBI to continue their investigation."

2. If Trump says he is going to go after Hillary, Obama can pardon before he leaves office on the grounds that Trump intends to go on a politically-driven witch hunt.

3. If Trump keeps the investigation at arms length for now then Obama looks bad trying to pardon Hillary as it comes off very forced, like he is trying to hide something or save himself.

4. The best scenario is for this to stay quiet for a few months and then for the investigation to reemerge, but not directly from Trump. Then Trump let's the FBI and Sessions do their jobs freely and justice is served with the least amount of political taint possible.

5. At the same time it sets a better precedent for a less politically-driven DOJ and allows Trump to focus on more important things in the meantime.

Flyattractor
If Trump is serous about putting the HillDawg in the Pound it would be smart to wait. Wait for Her Man Obama to get out of office officaly and THEN PUT HER IN THE SLAMMER when She can't get a Prez Pardon.

But yeah. Trump will let her pass cause we can't be mean to the beeyoutch!

Cause she is a Girl and Girls are soft and weak.

Its true look it up.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Surtur
We're talking about Trump not the Clinton campaign smile Are you asserting that Trump didn't lie or backtrack on quite a few of the statements that he made during the campaign?

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
I guess so.

The point is, for a guy who campaigned hard about locking Clinton up, this is a pretty eyebrow raising move.

It's not like he'd be occupied with the investigation... That's not his job,.. Trump was obviously full of shit in a used car salesman sort of way. He just said things for shock value and to rev up the diehards.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Are you asserting that Trump didn't lie or backtrack on quite a few of the statements that he made during the campaign?

I figured the smiley gave away it was a joke, but alright no I'm not asserting that.

BackFire
Anyone who thought that Trump would actively pursue and spearhead getting Hillary charged is a gullible fool.

Henry_Pym
An authoritarian would have.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Anyone who thought that Trump would actively pursue and spearhead getting Hillary charged is a gullible fool.

2 months ago if someone said Trump was sure to win the presidency, would you not have said the same thing?

Flyattractor
No one in the Political Circles is going to set any kind of standard that can make them all accountable for their actions.

BackFire
2 months ago if someone said Trump was sure to win the presidency, would you not have said the same thing?

No.

Surtur
No.

Pat yourself on the back then, you're in the minority.

BackFire
There's not really a comparison to be made there anyways. Trump winning or not winning was a matter of little more than chance and odds. Where as Trump actively pursuing a witch hunt against a political rival would be illegal and also a waste of what little political capital he has gained since his election. He has more pressing matters to attend to, he always has.

Surtur
Right, and I just think a few weeks ago a lot of people would have disagreed.

Flyattractor
http://i.imgur.com/kVBhEa3.gif

quanchi112
Anyone who thought that Trump would actively pursue and spearhead getting Hillary charged is a gullible fool. thumb up

Just like Mexico would pay for the wall type ridiculous.

Lord Lucien
Right, and I just think a few weeks ago a lot of people would have disagreed. Alot of his supporters would have disagreed, yes. I'm curious though; you wanted Hillary jailed, didn't you? Or at least, you were a fan of the idea, no? How do you feel about Trump's about-face on the matter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.