Calexit. California Seceding. Good idea or GREAT IDEA!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
So just about the Ultimate Safe State in the Union of America wants secede from the rest of the country cause Dey Don't wike de big mean Donald Trump. (poor cry babies)

CallyGoByeBye?!

So what do out boards Current Batch of Leftist Progressives think of the idea?

Yay or Nay?

What abou you Right Wing Alters?

Personally I say....

https://media.giphy.com/media/8jUeyfpMF6gj6/giphy.gif

Surtur
Cut off California from the mainland. I mean literally cut it off. Then it can be an island paradise ruled by Hilary Clinton.

Surely within 10 years everyone will be dying to be like Hilafornia.

BackFire
I was reading about this a few weeks ago after the election when it was gaining steam on social media since I live in California and was interested in learning about the legality and consequences of seceding.

The first thing to consider is that it's essentially impossible for a state to secede, it just isn't going to happen. Even if the measure gets put on the ballot in the future and Californians were to vote in favor of it, all other states would have to give their consent for a state to leave, and that's where this would essentially become an impossibility. California is such a huge state, and pays so much in federal taxes because of the massive population that other smaller states really depend on that federal money that comes from California. They would definitely not be in favor of California leaving.

There's also the issue with the drought that is going on here, we get a good portion of our water from the runoff from the Colorado river, that would become complicated if we left the union. There's of course also the issue with military bases and the like. I also believe we'd have to pay our share of the national debt before the state was allowed to leave. So there are issues with the prospect that would need to be ironed out, and they are significant issues.

However, if those things were to be solved, then California would be in a pretty unique place as definitely being able to survive on our own. We have the 6th largest economy in the world, a thriving tech empire up north, and a population of about 40 million people. We'd be able to survive just fine on our own, though there would obviously be difficult decisions such as how to handle immigration. It would also be interesting if other western states were to join us. There was also talk of Washington and Oregon seceding as well. And then the three states could create a new nation together. Canada also said that if those three states were to secede, then we'd be welcome to join them.

Anyways, in short - it's interesting to think about, but ultimately such a vote would be little more than symbolic, the rest of the nation would suffer quite a bit if a state as large as California left and wouldn't let it happen, and California itself would have to deal with pretty significant issues. Won't happen.

It's also worth noting that the idea of secession wasn't created just a few weeks ago when Trump won, there has been a group pushing for it for a couple years now.

Surtur
Makes you think though, when Bugs Bunny cut off Florida..did he cut off the wrong state?

Tzeentch
I'm okay with that. California currently contributes more to the country than it takes in return, and if it seceded it'd be the 7th richest country on Earth, right above France.

It'd never happen though. The government would slap our shit faster than we did to the South if as vital a state as CA tried to secede.

Surtur
Plus I'm sure Lena Dunham would move there as well. This is just all roses to me.

Go on California, I dare ya. Do it.

Robtard
IMO, states that take out more than they put in should be barred from voting in the election, until they're able to contribute instead of leaching. Which any true conservative should agree with, since they're so against welfare and handouts and such.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
IMO, states that take out more than they put in should be barred from voting in the election, until they're able to contribute instead of leaching. Which any true conservative should agree with, since they're so against welfare and handouts and such.

Awesome, so then most illegals are out as well, correct? On average they take out more than they put in.

BackFire
While researching the Calexit thing I also stumbled upon a graph that showed how all the states in the country contribute or receive when it comes to the federal money they take/give.

It was interesting, and amusing, to see that most of the states that receive most money from the federal government are deep red states.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Awesome, so then most illegals are out as well, correct? On average they take out more than they put in.

Illegals can't vote, sport. Contrary to what Fox News and Breitbart tell you, illegals by and large put more into the economy than they take out in the form of cheap labor.

Surtur
Illegals can't vote, sport. Contrary to what Fox News and Breitbart tell you, illegals by and large put more into the economy than they take out in the form of cheap labor.

Hmm no, they take in more than they put out on average. So illegals need to be gone then, okie dokie.

You see it's an all or nothing thing. No cherry picking, none of that.

Robtard
Brick wall time I guess.

Surtur
No, but if we're going to whine about taking more than you put in, we apply it all across the board, agreed?

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
While researching the Calexit thing I also stumbled upon a graph that showed how all the states in the country contribute or receive when it comes to the federal money they take/give.

It was interesting, and amusing, to see that most of the states that receive most money from the federal government are deep red states.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

1-40 should just be barred from voting until they get their shit together and stop leeching.

#endthewelfarestate

Flyattractor
Would be interesting to see how long Caifunny's economy would last after cause I would be willing to bet a bunch of companies would leave, abliet most of the companies there are already hard core Leftist. Like All of Hollywood and a good chunk of the tech comps. That and it would probably go full on Dictator ship if it did leave. Of course all U.S Military would have to leave. I am sure the Calif Citizens could defend themselves quite nicely. I say they should go for it. I do wonder tho what those 3 or 4 counties in North Calif would go with or stay with the rest of the nation.

Bashar Teg

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/ NJ has you beat. isn't it great to live in states that can afford to elect idiot governers?

Flyattractor
It aint easy being Blue..

BackFire
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
NJ has you beat. isn't it great to live in states that can afford to elect idiot governers?

It's because of your sizeable Mafia presence, giving you the edge. Our criminals are idiots.

Bashar Teg
true, but we did beat you with far less land area. 155k square miles vs our 7.5k

but don't be jealous. fourth place is admirable, even considering the ridiculous handicap.

http://www.ipl.org/div/stateknow/popchart.html

Silent Master

What about individual people that take out more than they put in, should they be allowed to vote?

dadudemon
I'm in Oklahoma. Home of far too many fortune 500 companies and yet still so poor compared to our "twin" state, Connecticut.

I always get a shitload of taxes each year...even claiming 0 on my taxes. If only I was a Native American, woman, farmer, who is a veteran.

sad

I'd get so so so many tax breaks.

So, yeah, Oklahoma...shitoads of income inequality here. We take more than we pay into the federal government.

BackFire
Rob says you can't vote anymore, DDM. So it is.

Lord Lucien
Over 220 proposals for California's secession have been put forward since the state was created.

dadudemon
Rob says you can't vote anymore, DDM. So it is. Indeed. While he gets to sit on his high and mighty electoral college. sad

SquallX
Are these people this retarted? Please leave, and let's see what the US do.

These morons do reliaze that the second they leave, they are considers a hostile country right? And the US can just invade them any time they want right?

Also, do these morons also know that the second they secede, they are longer Americans, and the Government would have no problem killing them right since they are thecnically no longer Americans?

Seriously, anyone who even thinks this is a good idea is a ****ing moron.

cdtm
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'm in Oklahoma. Home of far too many fortune 500 companies and yet still so poor compared to our "twin" state, Connecticut.

I always get a shitload of taxes each year...even claiming 0 on my taxes. If only I was a Native American, woman, farmer, who is a veteran.

sad

So, yeah, Oklahoma...shitoads of income inequality here. We take more than we pay into the federal government.

I'm actually surprised CT isn't more dependant. There's a LOT of poverty here.

My own town's kind of the worst example of it, with very very rich people living on the water (Short Beach, Stony Creek, Pine Orchard (Country clubbers here) ), and a crap load of trailer parks and poor area's in town (I actually got tricked into giving a prostitute ride to a hotel once (Let her out into the road when it became obvious she was playing me). There was police cars everywhere for some reason, so she was probably trying to slip past them..)

Surtur
Originally posted by SquallX
Are these people this retarted? Please leave, and let's see what the US do.

These morons do reliaze that the second they leave, they are considers a hostile country right? And the US can just invade them any time they want right?

Also, do these morons also know that the second they secede, they are longer Americans, and the Government would have no problem killing them right since they are thecnically no longer Americans?

Seriously, anyone who even thinks this is a good idea is a ****ing moron.

Okay I think this is a very very stupid idea and not one they are probably thinking through when it comes to long term consequences. But I really don't see our government just mowing down everyone in California over this.

Remember, this is the same government who punished a guy in the military for beating down a general(from Iraq or Iran or one of those shitty places) because the guy had taken a young boy and raped him repeatedly for days. The soldiers confronted him and he laughed about it. This is the same place where a 14 yr. old girl was raped and her options were: prison or marry your rapist.

If we don't go around mowing down people like that and we instead ally ourselves with them, we probably wouldn't do it to a bunch of whiny people.

Stigma
Cut off California from the mainland. I mean literally cut it off. Then it can be an island paradise ruled by Hilary Clinton.

Surely within 10 years everyone will be dying to be like Hilafornia.
http://www.fluentu.com/japanese/blog/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/08/star-trek-make-it-so.jpg

John Murdoch
Okay I think this is a very very stupid idea and not one they are probably thinking through when it comes to long term consequences. But I really don't see our government just mowing down everyone in California over this.

Remember, this is the same government who punished a guy in the military for beating down a general(from Iraq or Iran or one of those shitty places) because the guy had taken a young boy and raped him repeatedly for days. The soldiers confronted him and he laughed about it. This is the same place where a 14 yr. old girl was raped and her options were: prison or marry your rapist.

If we don't go around mowing down people like that and we instead ally ourselves with them, we probably wouldn't do it to a bunch of whiny people.

http://aclj.org/human-rights/breaking-update--army-grants-sfc-martland-an-extension--fight-to-defend-this-war-hero-ramps-up

SFC Martland of the US Army. Found out about this story from the above website around a year ago. Garbage.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by dadudemon

sad

Oklahoman here too, man. Feeling it on dat dere state income tax.

dadudemon
Originally posted by cdtm
I'm actually surprised CT isn't more dependant. There's a LOT of poverty here.

My own town's kind of the worst example of it, with very very rich people living on the water (Short Beach, Stony Creek, Pine Orchard (Country clubbers here) ), and a crap load of trailer parks and poor area's in town (I actually got tricked into giving a prostitute ride to a hotel once (Let her out into the road when it became obvious she was playing me). There was police cars everywhere for some reason, so she was probably trying to slip past them..)

I did not know that income inequality was so severe in CT. OK has thousands of multi-million dollar homes lived in by big business execs while there are towns full of tens of thousands of people who are living in very rundown poor conditions.

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Oklahoman here too, man. Feeling it on dat dere state income tax.

Oh, yes, dat state income tax...

The first time I made...I think it was more than 42k? The taxes started to get ridiculous. It has been a shitshow of taxes since then. It is like Oklahoman income tax code is written thus: "pay almost nothing on taxes...but as soon as they make more than 42k, TAX ALL THE THINGS!"

Robtard
Originally posted by Silent Master
What about individual people that take out more than they put in, should they be allowed to vote?

Considering the majority of welfare recipients are poor white people in shitty Red States, I think my plan already solves that thumb up

Robtard
Originally posted by Stigma
*another picture because I'm triggered by my irrational fear of liberals*

Seriously tho, why is it that the people from the most irrelevant countries always have something to say about the US (the best country). Like Poland's opinion matters. Lolz.

Flyattractor
Robbie is Anti Polish so yes. Robbie is just as bad as HITLER!

cdtm
Considering the majority of welfare recipients are poor white people in shitty Red States, I think my plan already solves that thumb up

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Welfare Demographics Percent Total Number

Percent of welfare recipients who are white / caucasian 16.8 % 11,405,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are black 39.6 % 26,884,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are Hispanic 21.2 % 14,392,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are Asian or Pacific Islander 18 % 12,220,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are Other / Mixed 4.4 % 2,987,000

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm

Welfare Demographics Percent Total Number

Percent of welfare recipients who are white / caucasian 16.8 % 11,405,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are black 39.6 % 26,884,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are Hispanic 21.2 % 14,392,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are Asian or Pacific Islander 18 % 12,220,000

Percent of welfare recipients who are Other / Mixed 4.4 % 2,987,000

From your page: "DOES NOT INCLUDE the 70.5 million people enrolled in Medicaid"

Medicad facts: 76% of medicare recipients are "white"

http://kff.org/medicare/state-indicator/medicare-beneficiaries-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0

Food stamps:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/SNAPCharts1_1.png

Care to guess which two welfare programs cost the US the most?

cdtm
From your page: "DOES NOT INCLUDE the 70.5 million people enrolled in Medicaid"

Medicad facts: 76% of medicare recipients are "white"

http://kff.org/medicare/state-indicator/medicare-beneficiaries-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0

Food stamps:

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/SNAPCharts1_1.png

Care to guess which two welfare programs cost the US the most?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/12/the-politics-and-demographics-of-food-stamp-recipients/

http://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2013/07/FT_13.07.12_FoodStamps_310px.png

Robtard
LoL, dude. "Percentage" and "ever". When you factor in that the US is around 70% 'white' and around 12% 'black'. Well, I think you get it.

And that Medicaid. We mustn't forget that.

And don't even get me started on the 20-25billion (yes, with a B) the US pays to farmers each year. Guess which ethnicity they mostly are?

cdtm
LoL, dude. "Percentage". When you factor in that the US is around 70% 'white' and around 12% 'black'. Well, I think you get it.

And don't even get me started on the 20-25billion (yes, with a B) the US pays to farmers each year. Guess which ethnicity they mostly are?

Pew takes Medicaid into account, though:

And I get percentages aren't real numbers. Since, say, blacks makes up about 13% of the population, TOTAL, while whites are about 63% (and dropping), you'd expect more white people in real numbers.. (Edited before seeing Rob's edit.)

Robtard
Medicaid isn't food stamps, they're two different welfare programs.

Your quote is dealing with political leanings; not ethnicity. Effing conservatives eating up the lion's share at 57%. Get a job, losers.

Surtur
Seriously tho, why is it that the people from the most irrelevant countries always have something to say about the US (the best country). Like Poland's opinion matters. Lolz.

Lol did a polish guy run over your dog as a kid or something?

Robtard
Armenian, actually. But your hatred of America has been noted. /noted

Surtur
Well okay.

BackFire
I'm Armenian, and I ran over a dog before.

Surtur
Ohhhh, confrontation! Did you happen to have like the polish flag or something hanging on the back of your car as you hit this dog?

Robtard
Surtur's now KMC's official Poland apologist.

Surtur
No I've just noticed you have a thing with it lol.

Robtard
I do? Seems like you're falsely accusing again, should really stop doing that; it's a nasty habit. But it doesn't matter anyways, Russia will take care of Poland in the coming next four years or so.

Surtur
Dude I remember other topics where you kept calling a person "Poland" lol.

You quite clearly have a thing with it, but it is what it is.

Robtard
So? But why do you consider the word "Poland" an insult? Seems like you're the one who has the problem, imho.

Surtur
So? But why do you consider the word "Poland" an insult? Seems like you're the one who has the problem, imho.

I don't have a problem, it's just something I noticed. You don't call anyone else by their location, but for someone from Poland you do. That is all I noticed.

Robtard
Seems like you do, as you clearly consider being referred to as "Poland" as a negative. While if I called you "Chicago" you wouldn't care/see it as an insult; you'd probably be happy and proud.

Surtur
Hey man your gripes with the polish people are not my concern. I'm not saying it's a negative or a positive.

Robtard
Now you're accusing me of what I just pointed out as your flaw. Knew we'd get to that; it's always your last resort. Boring and expected.

Surtur
You pointed out a flaw? That I'd be happy and proud to be called Chicago? I wouldn't care. All I have done is notice you have this thing with Poland and it seems to have touched a nerve.

It's okay bro you don't owe anyone an explanation.

Robtard
Yes, you don't need to stack another "No you!" onto the one you've already done.

Surtur
I see, so once again you just go to the "say they said no you" defense. Alrighty.

Robtard
You really want the last word to feel like you've "won" whatever it is you think it is. So have it; you have my permission, go smile

Surtur
So did editing peoples posts and putting "No you!" get old or what?

Robtard
I'm Armenian, and I ran over a dog before.

Armenian's hate dogs, it is known.

Surtur
Remember Clifford the dog? I wonder how many people that thing accidentally killed.

BackFire
Ohhhh, confrontation! Did you happen to have like the polish flag or something hanging on the back of your car as you hit this dog?

As a matter of fact, yes, I did.

Surtur
As a matter of fact, yes, I did.

Yyfdcoocex8

dadudemon
LoL, dude. "Percentage" and "ever". When you factor in that the US is around 70% 'white' and around 12% 'black'. Well, I think you get it.

So what is this argument about again?

Because using just raw numbers, when it comes to race statistics, is not an honest way to go about it. It is very dishonest. It has to be on a per capita basis or else there is no point to the discussion, at all. Why? Because then no one is a minority and no one is a majority and then there is no discussion on whether or not minorities are being suppressed or assisted by the majority.

And I do agree that these numbers are the best numbers to represent welfare:

Medicaid?

Yeah, there is over-representation by Black and Hispanic minorities. Sometimes, in each state, by multiple times they are over-represented.

Also, if we aren't being racists, Hispanics are white. It is just that racist people like to come up with a second category of white called "Non-Hispanic White." Holy shit...that's annoying to read. Either a SJW retard came up with that or a racist f***head did. Regardless, I hate it.

Anywaaaaaaay....

Yeah, Medicaid? We shouldn't have it. We should have universal healthcare option. A single payer option.

Surtur
Probably not the best idea to Calexit. This state is too stupid to get rid of illegal condemned buildings despite many many complaints about the buildings and how they were used for illegal parties(most likely with drugs too).

Now dozens of people are dead, and the city/state knew about the warehouse.

Are we surprised the laws weren't enforced though? It's California, after all. Laws are for lesser men.

Robtard
I'm assuming you're talking about the fire in Oakland in which close to 40 people have been confirmed dead (and more expected)?

How good of you to use a tragedy to make an attack thumb up

Surtur
I appreciate you pointing out the good in me.

nfactor1995
Incomprehensibly stupid tbh

Surtur
Originally posted by nfactor1995
Incomprehensibly stupid tbh

Yeah, but it's California..what you gonna do?

Surtur
Hey California? Please please exit.

One California city is paying people not to commit crimes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.