Luke's Growth Between ESB and RotJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
As we know, the Luke who was being toyed with by Vader, and the one who beat Vader into submission, are on very different levels of ability. How much do we know about Luke's growth in between episodes? As in:

- What training did he engage in?
- What combat experience or other relevant experience did he pick up?
- When did he make his new lightsaber?

Also, I can't remember if Yoda kept training him after ESB or if he took ill before he could finish. In any case, how much do we know in:

1. Canon
2. Legends

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ILS
As we know, the Luke who was being toyed with by Vader

That's the thing - he wasn't. He gave Vader a legitimate challenge in ESB, and then finally overcame him in RotJ.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

That's the thing - he wasn't. He gave Vader a legitimate challenge in ESB, and then finally overcame him in RotJ. Potato tomato, answer thread fgt

Zenwolf
Don't think Canon has gotten that far.

But as of Legends there was a 9 month gap between ESB and ROTJ. From where he was helping track Boba Fett, deal with Xizor, among other things. He also learned from Obi-Wan's journal and self practiced with his saber abilities and force skills.

relentless1
lol just because he grazed Vaders shoulder doesn't mean he was giving him any sort of challenge...he was being toyed with dude

DarthAnt66
lol kk mb

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
lol just because he grazed Vaders shoulder doesn't mean he was giving him any sort of challenge...he was being toyed with dude All part of Vader's grand plan to take one to the shoulder.

laughing out loud

Rebel95
Isn't there a source that says Luke as of ESB was the strongest jedi he had ever faced? Maybe I'm thinking of ROTJ Luke

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Rebel95
Isn't there a source that says Luke as of ESB was the strongest jedi he had ever faced? Maybe I'm thinking of ROTJ Luke

Shadows of the Empire I believe.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Shadows of the Empire I believe.

Aye.

I believe there was also something about Vader actually trying, because it wouldn't make sense for him not to try, to actually test Luke....otherwise there would have been no point in trying to recruit him.

Dramatic Gecko
For whatever reason, Luke in ESB developed a telepethay (with leia) right after fighting Vader.

Just a theory but, you know how training is nothing compared to the real thing, what if Luke's drive to become one with the force exponentially grew right after the confrontation with Vader. Right after feeling the level of power Vader had and struggling against it.

Is this idea total hogwash?

Zenwolf
No, not really considering how much he grew and by ROTJ, Vader notes that his skills are complete.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.