Darth Vader vs Darth Caedus - (POLL)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
With The Ellimist conceding Darth Vader is vastly inferior to Revan in all forms of combat, I'm interested in seeing who you all think wins this match-up.

A second poll will be created after my respect thread is released to gauge changes in public opinion.

Ursumeles
Caedus.

DarthAnt66
A wise choice. thumb up

Even more-so than Darth Caedus, Darth Vader has been debunked.

Ursumeles
Krayt is the next, I suppose smile

Trocity
Caedus. Faster, more skilled, and has unique abilities that give him even more of an edge against Vader, such as Shatterpoint.

Ursumeles
He might be more powerful as well- as of Bloodlines he is more powerful than Kyp, and he grows a fair bit after that.

DarthAnt66
I don't have any quotes on-file confirming Jacen's status as second to only Luke.

I have quotes saying he's on par or better than Luke though. Is that what you're referring to concerning Jacen > Kyp?

Or are you referring to Jacen's personal musings that he's second to Luke?

Ursumeles
The quote that says, that he is second onyl to Luke, yeah.
TBH, I don't think It are his musings, as he thinks just before "I am more powerful than all of you!"

DarthAnt66
That was Anakin Skywalker. Jacen flow-walks back in time, hears Anakin tell that to the Council, states that Anakin was telling the truth, and then muses that he's in the same situation as Anakin except that he's inferior to Luke.

So it's really just Jacen, not the narrator, musing he's better than Durron.

SunRazer
Jacen doesn't seem to be particularly arrogant, though. As in, he still has a grasp of how good his abilities are relative to others without overblowing it (not by much, at least) in Fury.

Ursumeles
I'll see tomorrow if we mean the same.(If you are right, I'll kill Wollf with my bare hands
But what are the quotes that put him on par with Luke, btw?

DarthAnt66
No, I'm definitely right.

You'll have to wait for the RT to see. wink

Nephthys
As I recall, Fury was well into Jacen's meltdown into dribbling stupidity and arrogant evil.

TenebrousWay
Caedus with medium difficulty.

DarthAnt66
Jacen watched for a few moments and both pitied and understood Anakin, and knew that he wasn't following his path, not at all. Poor Grandfather: gifted, exceptional, dismissed, barely tolerated, largely untrained, abandoned. No wonder he resorted to crazed, desperate violence. Had he received the training that Jacen had, if he had been able to perfect his powers and experience all uses of the Force-even those the Jedi academy shied away from teaching-then the galaxy might have been a very different place.

I'm the second chance.

The Jedi Council dropped the ball. And they paid for it.

Jacen had accepted his Sith destiny, but now he understood not only that it had to happen, but why. Everything in his life had led to this point because Anakin Skywalker's destiny had been subverted and warped by well-meaning but blind Masters, sending him off on a tangent to do a flawed Palpatine's bidding instead of realizing his own full power.

I'm more powerful than any of you.

It was a boy's expression of anger, but it was true. And, as history repeated itself because it had no other choice, Jacen was more powerful than any of them except Luke. And he was growing closer to Luke's strength by the day.

When he achieved Sith Mastery, he would surpass him. He hadn't yet thought how Luke and he would coexist after that point had been reached. For a brief and tempting moment Jacen considered Force-walking into the future, as he had done before, but his instinct said to leave it alone for the time being.

---

It's blatantly Jacen's perspective since it states Jacen would surpass Luke when he becomes a Sith. thumb up

Note that Legacy of the Force doesn't provide omniscient narrators. It's actually rare for a SW book to.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys
As I recall, Fury was well into Jacen's meltdown into dribbling stupidity and arrogant evil.

He called Kyle a threat and thought he could only beat Saba in a difficult fight in Fury. I'd say by that point, he hadn't lost his sense of ability in relation to the Jedi's.

Ursumeles
So...one Anakin > Yoda quote less, as well.

And:
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I'll kill Wollf with my bare hands

DarthAnt66
Hm? The quote has always been referenced as Anakin > Yoda as per Jacen Solo, not some omniscient narrator.

Ursumeles
Nh, IIRC someone used it as argument once.
But I don't care. Anakin is gr8.

DarthAnt66
Well then they were wrong. I always used it as Jacen's opinion.

Ursumeles
Anyway, Anakin and Jacen both beat Vader. smile smile smile
When 'll you publish the RT btw?

Deronn_solo
Vader.

Nephthys
Shatterpoint might **** Vader up something fierce.

Ursumeles
I doubt it.

Deronn_solo
Vader's superior TK is more applicable here.

Nephthys
Caedus blocks turbolasers tho.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
With The Ellimist conceding Darth Vader is vastly inferior to Revan in all forms of combat, I'm interested in seeing who you all think wins this match-up.

What?

Geistalt
Totally Caedus.

Rebel95
Ant, it's obvious you're not a fan of Vader, I'm just wondering why? You praise Anakin so much yet you always criticize Vader, even though they're the same person lol

UCanShootMyNova
He thinks they're different people. He actually believes Vader himself thinks they're different people.

carthage
Jacen

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He actually believes Vader himself thinks they're different people. He does erm

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He actually believes Vader himself thinks they're different people.
Welcome to 1980.

MythLord
laughing out loud

Anyways, Jacen.

Azronger
Caedus

Beniboybling
Blurb Truth confirms Caedus > Vader. He wins in an brutal fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.