Ulic-Qel Droma - Underrated!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/73/92/12/droma_10.jpg

There's a handful of scans stating Kun and Droma fought as equals, but I don't recall any stating Droma increased significantly in power after the battle too.

Frankly, while Kun was the more powerful of the two by the end of his career, Droma was close behind.

Ursumeles
Obviously.

Nephthys
It's true imo.

Sadly, people usually just lowball Kun by saying he was only even with Ulic in sabers rather than recognise that both of them are among the greatest duelists of all time. Ulic is a Dooku level duelist at least.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ulic is a Dooku level duelist at least.

lol no

Nephthys
Compelling. mmm

SunRazer
Like your unsupported line?

DarthAnt66
Why wouldn't he be close? Droma is Kun's equal as a swordsmaster.

Deronn_solo
Ulic is Dooku level as a duelist, honestly.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Why wouldn't he be close? Droma is Kun's equal as a swordsmaster.

Being close to someone and "at least equal to them" are completely different things, lmfao.

Neph's even implying that Ulic might be a level above Dooku as a swordsman, which is pretty ****ing ridiculous when that level consists of beings like Yoda and Sidious.

DarthAnt66
I don't think that's what he was getting at, lol.

SunRazer
He said at least Dooku's level, which means potentially above that.

Neither Kun nor Qel-Droma have anything on contending with Yoda or contending with Obi-Wan and Anakin together. They're close, but not equal, let alone superior.

Trocity
Kun was debunked a while ago so this isn't exactly a point in Droma's favor.

ILS
There's been a quote like this for a while now. But yeah, Ulic is heavily underrated.

SunRazer
Yeah, both of these things have been said before, IIRC.

UCanShootMyNova
Ulic is definitely underrated.

AncientPower
Ulic is underrated because the Sheevites don't want to admit that he is essentially TOTJ's DE Luke, like the guy who actually wrote both comic series stated.

SunRazer
The fact that he parallels Luke in DE doesn't make him the same in dueling or anything of the sort.

UCanShootMyNova
Well, going by scaling from spirit Kun's performances against Luke and that Ulic could match an early Exar Kun and himself grew from that point...

It's interesting to think about.

SunRazer
Spirit Kun never once dueled Luke. The comparison is void.

UCanShootMyNova
He overpowered him in the Force. Your Force power is directly related to your ability to augment yourself. Your augmentation is a large part of your ability as a lightsaber combatant. See what I'm getting at?

S_W_LeGenD
Ulic-Qel Droma is underestimated, I agree.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
He said at least Dooku's level, which means potentially above that.

Neither Kun nor Qel-Droma have anything on contending with Yoda or contending with Obi-Wan and Anakin together. They're close, but not equal, let alone superior.
There is not much room for improvement over Count Dooku's dueling finesse, this much is true. However, there is more to the combat prowess than just martial skills. wink

SunRazer
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He overpowered him in the Force. Your Force power is directly related to your ability to augment yourself. Your augmentation is a large part of your ability as a lightsaber combatant. See what I'm getting at?

Kun didn't overpower him by virtue of being more powerful - he won because Luke didn't know how to defend against his esoteric attacks, and also because he exploited Kyp's potential (or so it seems).

Your Force power is directly related to your ability to augment yourself, but your ability to augment yourself, like all Force powers, requires mastery in of itself. Granted, I expect both Kun and Qel-Droma to have mastered it.

Do you use reverse scaling from people's Force augmentation to determine how powerful they are?

UCanShootMyNova
I'd need to look into that myself. Haven't gotten around to reading I, Jedi yet.

Where it can clear up an uncertainty. Of course there are times when an individual is simply better or worse at augmentation then they might be in other areas of the Force which is where it gets muddled. But for the most part augmentation can be assumed to scale with the rest of a user's Force abilities.

DarthAnt66
Kyp Durron (with a lot of his potential unlocked, it seems) + Exar Kun's spirit + using abilities Luke didn't know how to defend against + the fact Luke was specifically only defending himself + they were on a dark side nexus = the circumstances behind Luke's defeat.

UCanShootMyNova
I think some of those factors you mentioned might be misinterpretations given what I've heard from the opposition.

Like I said though I need to read it for myself one of these days.

DarthAnt66
The only thing up for debate is the level of Durron's abilities. thumb down

UCanShootMyNova
Maybe that's the case, maybe not. I'll have to address the matter once I verify the situation for myself.

MythLord
Google the Exar Kun Respect Thread and verify... It's that simple.

UCanShootMyNova
It doesn't have the context for the quotes.

MythLord
Then download the book from Hungry Ewok and find the paragraph and see what happens. 30 seconds of your life...

UCanShootMyNova
I'd rather just read the book then.

SunRazer
Quotes do indeed suggest that Kyp's potential was somehow unlocked by Kun.

AncientPower
All of which is irrelevant given we have two entirely separate sources making it clear that spirit!Kun was far more powerful than Durron was, furthermore spirit!Kun was never even close to full power throughout the series either.bSo even if you go with the Kyp's potential argument, that only makes Kun's complete superiority over him even more impressive.

Azronger
Ulic is very much underrated, I agree.

SunRazer
Originally posted by AncientPower
All of which is irrelevant given we have two entirely separate sources making it clear that spirit!Kun was far more powerful than Durron was, furthermore spirit!Kun was never even close to full power throughout the series either.bSo even if you go with the Kyp's potential argument, that only makes Kun's complete superiority over him even more impressive.

Kyp's efforts being feeble wasn't in a moment where his potential was unlocked, lol.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Trocity
Kun was debunked thumb up

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Beniboybling Originally posted by Trocity
Kun was debunked
thumb up
thumb up

AncientPower
Kyp's efforts being feeble wasn't in a moment where his potential was unlocked, lol.

Yet that's the only relevant point where Kyp's potential might have come into play, rendering any massively debunked argument against Kun's power in JA completely moot. As I've done so many times that it has become utterly egregious to even continue arguing a point that I've won on countless times.

Beniboybling
Yet that's the only relevant point where Kyp's potential might have come into play Like against Luke. confused

AncientPower
Where he's stated to be feeble before Kun reinforces his power, something that remains present when Luke turns up right afterwards. I mean he couldn't even overwhelm Corran Horn until Kun interfered and stomped him whilst masking the attack from a room full of Jedi, including Luke himself.

But **** context, amirite?

Beniboybling
before Kun reinforces his powerOver a number of weeks, Kun slowly bends Kyp to his will, and begins to augment his power. He grows very powerful on Kyp's hate, and soon his hold on Kyp is so complete that he can send Kyp beyond the planet to do his will and still retain control over his subject. Ultimately, he has Kyp return to Yavin Four and helps him reclaim the Sun Crusher. He also bolsters Kyp's talents to allow him to defeat Luke and place him in a coma.
--Taken from the Jedi Academy Sourcebook

Against the full might of Kyp Durron and the forbidden weapons of the long-dead spirit of Exar Kun, even a Jedi Master such as Luke Skywalker could not prevail.
- Jedi Academy Trilogy: Dark Apprentice

Quite. mmm

AncientPower
Almost as if you're ignoring all the other context to push your years-old anti-Kun agenda out of spite. Kyp's entire dark side knowledge and dark side power originates in Exar Kun, something he loses instantly when Kun is banished to the void.

Kyp is powerful due to Exar Kun's empowerment of him, where he is far less powerful otherwise.

UCanShootMyNova
But do we consider this amplification Exar Kun's own power or Kyp's power being opened up by Kun?

I don't know, I'm kind of divided on this issue.

SunRazer
Unless I'm forgetting something, the claim that Kyp's efforts were feeble in comparison to Kun's was in relation to the Sun Crusher. Not when he attacked Luke.

AncientPower
They're two parts of the same scene. Kyp summons the Suncrusher, Luke senses it, Luke goes to face Kyp, Luke gets stomped.

The entire fight is Luke's perspective, not Kyp's, so obviously it won't say one way or the other.

Simply put, Kyp is a 'light breeze' compared to Kun's 'gale' in terms of telekinetic prowess and is 'feeble' in a comparison of sense abilities.

There's no argument there.

SunRazer
Except Kyp's potential obviously wasn't unlocked during the Sun Crusher bit because NJO Kyp is already capable of performing better feats than that, lol.

AncientPower
So Kyp went Super Saiyan against Luke? Because that is essentially what you're claiming.

SunRazer
No, that's what this is claiming:

AncientPower
'Full might' being amped by Kun:

Which we already know, because reading the book shows us Kun amping him in the first place, you're merely trying to claim that the amp mysteriously disappeared upon Luke's arrival. Which the above quote directly contradicts.

SunRazer
I didn't say the amp disappeared. I said Kyp's potential was unlocked against Luke, which was an added benefit.

AncientPower
Yes, unsurprisingly, being massively amped by Kun's spirit, who is stated to provide a far more powerful amp than the Great Temple's focal point, provided him the full might of his potential. You're making a difference where none exists.

SunRazer
So Kun as a vastly weakened spirit is far more powerful than a full potential Kyp, with Kyp's potential being comparable to Luke's? Did you consider what you said at all before you said it?

AncientPower
Given it actually says nothing about potential, it only being implied by yourself. I put plenty of thought into it, just for the record 'full might' can be taken multiple ways. Your's being the least logical.

SunRazer
Kyp's "full might" obviously isn't anything that's "feeble" in comparison to Kun's might, given that the quote makes specific note of Kyp's might and Kun's forbidden weaponry being the reasons for Luke's defeat. Kun's might isn't mentioned at all - it's obvious that Kyp's might at this point is greater Kun's, since Kun's big contribution to the fight, as per the quote, was his arsenal of forbidden dark side weapons, not his raw power.

AncientPower
His 'full might' is being massively amped by Kun, whom he's been compared very unfavorably to in numerous sources in terms of prowess. How are you reading that quote and selectively ignoring the unmistakable fact that Kun's bolster allowed him to defeat Luke? You're claiming his potential was unlocked when we already know that his full might as of that point is himself being amped several magnitudes above his punch by Exar Kun's spirit.

SunRazer
The fact that Kun brought his power up by that much does not mean Kun actually had that level of power himself. If he did, he wouldn't have needed Kyp. That's what the quote is saying. It's Kyp's raw power and Kun's unorthodox spells that bring down Luke.

AncientPower
Nope, because sources confirm that Kyp and co. didn't provide him enough power in the first place.

SunRazer
Right, which is why Kun had to do the inverse by providing Kyp power instead.

If your implication is that Kun alone, as a weakened spirit, could've easily trounced Luke, then that's contradicted and flat-out wrong.

S_W_LeGenD
Exar Kun, at his prime, would be capable of defeating Luke Skywalker (NJO) on his own.

MythLord
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Exar Kun, at his prime, would be capable of defeating Luke Skywalker (NJO) on his own.

sick

SunRazer
I'm not surprised. After all, the HoT splits with Luke.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by MythLord
sick
Exar Kun is featured in the NJO based story arc of Luke Skywalker. erm

S_W_LeGenD
I'm not surprised. After all, the HoT splits with Luke.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

McP
Ulic isn't underated, Kun's just overated

Ursumeles
Exar Kun is featured in the NJO based story arc of Luke Skywalker. erm
laughing
JA: 11ABY
NJO: 25-35ABY
Try again, lol.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Ursumeles
laughing
JA: 11ABY
NJO: 25-35ABY
Try again, lol.
You need labels to determine that?

Luke Skywalker (technically and logically) established the New Jedi Order in 11 ABY, on Yavin 4. He was the Jedi Master by that point.

MythLord
You need labels to determine that?

Luke Skywalker (technically and logically) established the New Jedi Order on Yavin IV, years before 25 ABY.

That's the New Republic Era, officially and chronologically. And he didn't establish a Jedi Order, just a praxeum. In Vector Prime we see Jedi have barely any coordination and don't even work together, and barely interact; there was no Order until the NJO series, which is 25 ABY.

Besides, unless Exar Kun has the same circumstances he had in Jedi Academy he isn't beating NR Luke.

Ursumeles
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/93477/3824952-7016453078-Star-.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
That's the New Republic Era, officially and chronologically. And he didn't establish a Jedi Order, just a praxeum. In Vector Prime we see Jedi have barely any coordination and don't even work together, and barely interact; there was no Order until the NJO series, which is 25 ABY.
Really?

Following the Galactic Civil War, Luke Skywalker, the first of a new generation of Jedi Knights, reestablishes the Jedi Order and begins training new students in the ways of the Force. This new Jedi Order starts out at Yavin 4, and then eventually moves to other locales, including the Jedi Academy on Ossus.

Taken from the Jedi Academy Training Manual

As I pointed out, the New Jedi Order was founded in 11 ABY. Of-course, it was the start. The rest is semantics.

Besides, unless Exar Kun has the same circumstances he had in Jedi Academy he isn't beating NR Luke.
What circumstances?

Exar Kun has significant limitations as a spirit. Kyp Durron was like his body at that time. So when we consider Exar Kun in his original form (and his prime), we get the same results.

Ursumeles
1. He had the help of Kyp Durron, someone with greater potential than Luke.
2. He was on a Darkside Nexus, which strenghtened Kun and weakened Luke.
3. Luke had no knowledge on sorcery before.

Nephthys
Kyp has greater potential than Luke? That sounds like a load of bs. Luke's supposed to have the same potential as Anakin, the Chosen One.

Ursumeles

S_W_LeGenD
1. He had the help of Kyp Durron, someone with greater potential than Luke.
laughing out loud

2. He was on a Darkside Nexus, which strenghtened Kun and weakened Luke.
Did you even read the sources?

Exar Kun was just able to sustain his incorporeal presence by drawing strength from the external environment in Yavin 4. When the Jedi arrived there, he was able to draw strength from them, to grow more powerful. However, such gains were temporary because he would expend the energy in tedious actions. This is why Exar Kun needed a permanent body.

Therefore, the environment was not strengthening Exar Kun in the slightest.

On the other hand, Luke Skywalker was not much hindered on Yavin 4. An indication is that Exar Kun sensed great power in him in the same environment.

3. Luke had no knowledge on sorcery before.
Correct.

And this is an advantage.

Nephthys
I recall Lucas saying Luke could achieve Anakin's potential in the RotS commentary.

Ursumeles

Beniboybling
Almost as if you're ignoring all the other context to push your years-old anti-Kun agenda out of spite. https://media.giphy.com/media/tEDq15rm9MoFy/giphy.gif

Have you ever considered the actual reason might be that your arguments are in fact, terrible? No of course not, carry on. laughing out loud

In the respect that Kun was a catalyst for unlocking Kyp's latent potential yeah. But no, the idea that Kyp is getting all his power from Kun is just some shit you made up, lol.

And as far as the Suncrusher feat is concerned, in it the text expliclty describes Kun as tapping into Kyp's abilities and in this way enhancing them, with Kyp using his innate abilities, unlocked by Kun, to retrieve the Sun Crusher (while channelling that power through the Massassi Temple), with yes Luke arriving immediately after, and without Kun withdrawing his influence:
Or in other words, Kun bolstered Kyp's talents by unlocking his "full might", with which, along with Kun's own "forbidden weapons", he defeated Luke.

There's no argument there here. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
laughing out loud

Some sources compare Luke Skywalker's potential to that of Anakin Skywalker. Want me to share?

laughing out loud

Exar Kun passed the millennia in uneasy slumber.

A few scant years later, Kun is brought sharply awake by the arrival of not one or two, but a dozen humans blazing with the power he needed to live again. Eagerly but cautiously, Kun observes each arrival, probing for weaknesses and the power he needs to restore his lost reserves of energy. For a time, he is able to subside by feeding on their residual energy, but soon he will need worshippers if he is to grow more active. With a nucleus of followers to provide him energy-providing anger and fear, Kun will have enough power to escape his exile and take on human form. To his surprise, Kun recognizes the leader to be the same man who had visited Yavin Four years earlier, now much more powerful in the Force. Too powerful, for the moment, for Kun to tackle.

Taken from the Jedi Academy Sourcebook

Your argument about Exar Kun benefiting from the environment of Yavin 4 in this era, is essentially null and void.

Really?

To his surprise, Kun recognizes the leader to be the same man who had visited Yavin Four years earlier, now much more powerful in the Force. Too powerful, for the moment, for Kun to tackle.

Exar Kun actually noticed a significant growth in power in Luke Skywalker in a span of 4 years. Your argument doesn't holds much water even in this case.

Ursumeles
laughing out loud

Some sources compare Luke Skywalker's potential to that of Anakin Skywalker. Want me to share?

laughing out loud

Exar Kun passed the millennia in uneasy slumber.

A few scant years later, Kun is brought sharply awake by the arrival of not one or two, but a dozen humans blazing with the power he needed to live again. Eagerly but cautiously, Kun observes each arrival, probing for weaknesses and the power he needs to restore his lost reserves of energy. For a time, he is able to subside by feeding on their residual energy, but soon he will need worshippers if he is to grow more active. With a nucleus of followers to provide him energy-providing anger and fear, Kun will have enough power to escape his exile and take on human form. To his surprise, Kun recognizes the leader to be the same man who had visited Yavin Four years earlier, now much more powerful in the Force. Too powerful, for the moment, for Kun to tackle.

Your argument about Exar Kun benefiting from the environment of Yavin 4 in this era, is essentially null and void.

Really?

To his surprise, Kun recognizes the leader to be the same man who had visited Yavin Four years earlier, now much more powerful in the Force. Too powerful, for the moment, for Kun to tackle.

Exar Kun actually noticed a significant growth in power in Luke Skywalker in a span of 4 years. Your argument doesn't holds much water even in this case.
1. Hmmm? At very least Luke was hindered.
2. Wow. So he was above RotJ Luke, who was only Kenobi level. Alos, if Luke was hindered in JA! he was hindered in RotJ as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Nothing of taht proves that Luke wasn't hindered.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Hmmm? At very least Luke was hindered.
Concession accepted on the former part. smile

2. Wow. So he was above RotJ Luke, who was only Kenobi level. Alos, if Luke was hindered in JA! he was hindered in RotJ as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Nothing of taht proves that Luke wasn't hindered.
This incarnation of Luke Skywalker is (above) his Dark Empire incarnation, and more experienced as well (that includes his experiences with the Dark Side). Logically, he should be better prepared to carry himself in a Dark Side environment during this time. wink

Ursumeles
Concession accepted on the former part. smile

Sorry.

This incarnation of Luke Skywalker is above his Dark Empire incarnation, and more experienced as well. wink
1. Doesn't changes that it us still in Kun's favor.
2. JA Like > DE Luke > DS Nexus JA Luke smile

Also, the difference between JA Luke and later incernations of him is taht he didn't knew anything about Sorcery back then.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Doesn't changes that it us still in Kun's favor.
In what sense?

I debunked your environment argument here.

2. JA Like > DE Luke > DS Nexus JA Luke smile
Prove it.

Also, the difference between JA Luke and later incernations of him is taht he didn't knew anything about Sorcery back then.
There is no proof that he knows how to counter Sith Sorcery in later years either. He had no answer for Darth Krayt's Force Drain powers for example.

Deronn_solo
As far as I know, Luke, or the Jedi in general, weren't hindered by the Yavin Temples.

Nowhere was that ever stated, and it, has, in fact, empowered Jedi in the past, rather than vitiate their ability to call on the Force.

MythLord
It only empowered Jedi in Darksaber when they realized they can draw on it, and that is a full year after JA and took a good deal of concentration. Dark Side sites -- which Yavin IV was noted as being -- in-general were stated as having a vitiative effect on Jedi, and I don't think that'd change.

MythLord
Also LeG, you do realize the difference between starting something by laying out it's foundations and actually accomplishing something. The New Jedi Order, in theory, did start on Yavin IV since that is where Luke began training Jedi. But not until 25 ABY was the Order finished; in fact, it wasn't until 25 ABY that all the Jedi were collected underneath the same roof.

That's like saying America began in 1492.

Deronn_solo
Literally nothing you said disproves anything. If the temples operated like typical DS nexi, than it wouldn't have powered those who call upon the lightside of the Force, not matter how much they concentrated on it.

And no source written by Anderson specifically that feature those temples, has noted any kind of such hinderence. So, until I see actual evidence the the nexus vitiated Luke to a significant degree, I have grounds to believe it didn't.

As an aside, Kyle Katarn was also able to call on the temples as a lightsider.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/tEDq15rm9MoFy/giphy.gif

Have you ever considered the actual reason might be that your arguments are in fact, terrible? No of course not, carry on. laughing out loud

In the respect that Kun was a catalyst for unlocking Kyp's latent potential yeah. But no, the idea that Kyp is getting all his power from Kun is just some shit you made up, lol.

And as far as the Suncrusher feat is concerned, in it the text expliclty describes Kun as tapping into Kyp's abilities and in this way enhancing them, with Kyp using his innate abilities, unlocked by Kun, to retrieve the Sun Crusher (while channelling that power through the Massassi Temple), with yes Luke arriving immediately after, and without Kun withdrawing his influence:
Or in other words, Kun bolstered Kyp's talents by unlocking his "full might", with which, along with Kun's own "forbidden weapons", he defeated Luke.

thumb up

You could try actually reading the books instead of looking like a baffoon.

Firstly, it is clear that Kyp Durron would have to have been far more powerful than originally thought by anybody, for him to accomplish the Sun Crusher feat:

Which we know was because of Exar Kun:

We know as a matter of fact that Kun's final destruction freed Kyp of all his dark side power:

Because Exar Kun as a spirit has no energy reserves, he must draw energy from others to fuel his power. Which is the symbiotic relationship he has with Kyp:

Which is the entire point, he needs to restore his lost reserves of energy so he can return to physical form:

I mean, this isn't surprising, because we have in-universe observations pointing to Exar Kun being much more powerful than Master Skywalker:

Infact numerous quotes point to Exar Kun being an Emperor Palpatine tier Sith threat:

The fact is, Exar Kun is an extremely powerful Sith Lord, far more so than the likes of Freedon Nadd and Karness Muur. He's even touted as the darkest power in the galaxy, with a Sith Lord such as Vitiate in it, before ever gaining the powers of the most powerful holocron in the mythos.

Him being much more powerful than JA Kyp or Luke is absolutely a possibility.

MythLord
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Literally nothing you said disproves anything. If the temples operated like typical DS nexi, than it wouldn't have powered those who call upon the lightside of the Force, not matter how much they concentrated on it.

Jedi were amplified by Dark Side nexuses before, when they concentrated and actively drew on it. It happened in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous on Vjun, despite Yoda being weakened by the risidual effects of the nexus.

And no source written by Anderson specifically that feature those temples, has noted any kind of such hinderence. So, until I see actual evidence the the nexus vitiated Luke to a significant degree, I have grounds to believe it didn't.

And thank God we're looking at an entire universe, with dictated laws and facts already presented, so we don't need Anderson penning something to make another thing in his source true.

That's like saying Force Shields in RotS aren't a thing because Drew isn't writting it.

But if you want proof, Kyp is scared sh!tless from re-entering the Temple because the Dark Side is strong in it:

"He had seen things that still left yammering nightmares in the depths of his mind.

'The dark side is strong in that place,' Kyp said. 'I can't go in there.'

Master Skywalker said, "In your fear lies caution, and in that caution lies wisdom and strength." He squatted on a comfortable rock at the edge of the crystalline lake. He shaded his eyes against the light reflecting from the surface of the pool.

'I will wait here,' Master Skywalker said, 'but you must go inside.'

Kyp swallowed, terror and revulsion rising within him."

-- Jedi Academy: Champions of the Force

And the deeper Kyp went into the temple, his stomach wrenched, his skin crawled, his vision blurred and he moved sluggishly despite trying his best to move quickly:
"He waited.

Suddenly Kyp's stomach wrenched. His skin crawled. He blinked as his vision blurred. The air around him grew grainy as if the light itself had splintered inside the temple.

He tried to turn, but found himself moving sluggishly as if the air resisted him, solidifying around him. Everything flickered. Kyp staggered deeper into the temple, trying to move quickly, but his body would not respond with its customary speed."

-- Jedi Academy: Champions of the Force

Deronn_solo
Which, quote frankly, doesn't make the slight bit of sense and actively ignores canon. Out of curiosity, list the actual sources where this has happen.

DR has the likes of Anakin was powered just by simply entering it's atmosphere, without actively concentrating on anything ---- it completely goes against the way a DS nexus has been factually explained to operate, which, is my point from the start: writers can, and have, downright ignored canon in their works, just like KJ Anderson has with the temples. That's specifically the reason I asked for an example of the nexus comparing the ability of a lightsider, under Anderson's pen.

This analogy sucks about as much cock as a porn star, lmao, and completely misses my point, as illustrated above.

Is this before, or after his fall to the dark side?

Because I recall a passage in The Dark Apprentice, having Kyp feeling empowered, or some adjacent to that, by the temples power, pre dark side fall.

AncientPower
That is Kun's personal obsidian temple, not the Great Temple, where Kun defeats Luke. So all of those quotes are irrelevant.

Deronn_solo
Well, there is that then.

I seem to recall The Great Temple actually having a positive effect on Kyp's power, or something along those lines.

AncientPower
Well Kyp draws on the temple and attempts to sense the Sun Crusher by himself. Then Kun's power reinforces his abilities, which is when the 'feeble' comparison gets made. So Kyp amped by the Great Temple's focal point was still feeble in comparison to when he has Kun's power aiding him.

Luke and his students are never stated to be effected negatively by the temple in question, throughout the trilogy and I, Jedi.

Beniboybling
You could try actually reading the books instead of looking like a baffoon.I rather think you have a monopoly on doing that darling.

Apart from Luke, who thought his potential surpassed his own.

Unlocking and augmenting his vast potential, yes.

Covered already, yes.

And I'm supposed to care because?

You mean unreliable ones, yes.

They don't but we can pretend.

So is that it then? Lol. I'm not interested in what you think is possible dear, and I couldn't give a monkey's ass about Kun's encyclopaedic hype. Fact is you've proven the square root of jack shit in relation to Kun was unlocking Kyp's latent (and enormous) potential when combating Luke. Please don't waste my time spamming quotes when none of it disproves the point. thumb up

MythLord
Which, quote frankly, doesn't make the slight bit of sense and actively ignores canon. Out of curiosity, list the actual sources where this has happen.

DR has the likes of Anakin was powered just by simply entering it's atmosphere, without actively concentrating on anything ---- it completely goes against the way a DS nexus has been factually explained to operate, which, is my point from the start: writers can, and have, downright ignored canon in their works, just like KJ Anderson has with the temples. That's specifically the reason I asked for an example of the nexus comparing the ability of a lightsider, under Anderson's pen.

I agree; the authors were clearly pulling sh!t out of their ass in both Darksaber and Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, but then again the authors have only noted Jedi being amplified by the effects of the a DS nexus by drawing on it's power, whereas it's risidual energy usually hinders them. This is, ironically, something that even applies to Dark Siders. As Sidious tells Vader:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48954/5045605-darth+vader+byss+%286%29.jpg

Even Dark Siders can have their powers taken away, unless they tap into the Force conduit directly. There's other examples of this throughout the mythos(the most commonly cited one is Bane being weakened from the presence of the Lehon Temple, yet drawing on it's power in his duel with Kas'im).

I would imagine the only reason Jedi aren't usually empowered by DS nexuses is because their allegiance to the Light and moral code/principles doesn't allow them to draw on such a source of power, whereas Dark Siders have no such qualms.

Is this before, or after his fall to the dark side?

Because I recall a passage in The Dark Apprentice, having Kyp feeling empowered, or some adjacent to that, by the temples power, pre dark side fall.

That was only under the guidance of Exar Kun, IIRC, and by then he was a Dark Sider and actively drawing on it's nexus. Besides, the Great Temple is meant to be the major focus of Exar Kun's power, and all of the Temples were designed to house a nexus of the Dark Side, so if anything it'd be a greater hinderance to a Light Sider to stand within the Great Temple than the Obsidian Temple.

AncientPower
Concession accepted, Beni.

Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/tEDq15rm9MoFy/giphy.gif

AncientPower
Your attempts at face-saving are most quaint. Next time, make sure that you've actually read the Jedi Academy Sourcebook, which provides us with a perfectly viable and canonical(to Legends) explanation of how the possession of Kyp Durron worked.

Honestly, did you even think about your argument? A full potential/dark sided Kyp Durron would have been far more powerful than he ever actually was in the books.

Beniboybling
Saving face? I responded to your point, you continue to flounder and fail in a rebuttal. laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
AP butchering Beni.

Beniboybling
The Kunt is cringe enough without your contribution dear.

AncientPower
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/357/3571857/2601522-7952470816-

You should probably stop replying.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
AP butchering Beni.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltzo4lP1eA1r2l5gfo1_250.gif

Unbowed
How can Luke at that time be stronger than Exar Kun when he couldn't even outright beat Desann. laughing out loud

AncientPower
Don't use logic, they're allergic to it.

MythLord
Originally posted by Unbowed
How can Luke at that time be stronger than Exar Kun when he couldn't even outright beat Desann. laughing out loud

Due to wanting to save Desann and holding back. Besides, just because your arbitrary ranking has Exar Kun > Desann doesn't mean the Star Wars universe does. thumb up

AncientPower
There's a quote stating he and Emperor Palpatine are (among) the greatest dark side focal points he's ever had to face, as of SotP.

Beniboybling
You should probably stop replying.Certainly if you have nothing meaningful left to say I won't be.
You know you've hit rock bottom when you're taking props from a 12 year old. smile

Unbowed
Due to wanting to save Desann and holding back. Besides, just because your arbitrary ranking has Exar Kun > Desann doesn't mean the Star Wars universe does. thumb up
The fact of the matter is that, with a few exceptions(i.e. pinning Jaceon to that chair), Luke's combat feats have always been wildly inconsistent with his fans' claims, to the point where in most threads they inevitably claim he's "jobbing" or "holding back" or some other mitigating factor.

That way they can always make the argument that if Luke were ever truly unleashed...

Where's your proof that Luke was holding back in that fight?

AncientPower
Certainly if you have nothing meaningful left to say I won't be.
You know you've hit rock bottom when you're taking props from a 12 year old. smile

Your concession circumvents the continuation of this discussion.

That got old two years ago, at least try insulting him.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Unbowed
The fact of the matter is that, with a few exceptions(i.e. pinning Jaceon to that chair), Luke's combat feats have always been wildly inconsistent with his fans' claims, to the point where in most threads they inevitably claim he's "jobbing" or "holding back" or some other mitigating factor.

That way they can always make the argument that if Luke were ever truly unleashed...

Where's your proof that Luke was holding back in that fight?
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/wollfmyth209/blog/star-wars-misconceptions-luke-skywalker-explaining/129261/

Beniboybling
Nice blog. smile

EDIT: But yeah, its obvious when it comes to a character as powerful as Luke he is going to be made to job, a lot.

Beniboybling
Your concession circumvents the continuation of this discussion.laughing out loud

AncientPower
Sterling job at saving face, young one.

Beniboybling
"Concession accepted" is indeed the oldest and tackiest trick in the book. thumb up

The worst part is I'm not even sure what you think I'm conceding to, your attempt at an argument was that bad. erm

AncientPower
You could stop wasting my time, as always happens when we converse.

I mean ignoring sources and pushing a laughable misunderstanding of two basic quotes does waste my time.

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/sPhH9Ty.gifSo are you done?

Ursumeles
That gif is creepy af.

Beniboybling
Suits AP nicely, yeah.

Petrus
Ulic = Kenobi level as a duelist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.