Biggest Power Growths

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Just curious to see what the biggest growths in Force power were. No children involved, no amps.

UCanShootMyNova
Anakin/Luke/Galen/SWTOR Protagonist.

cs_zoltan
18 yo Luke - Prime Luke, duh.

Ursumeles
Luke.
Anakin.
Sidious.

ILS
Savage

SunRazer
I'm asking for the biggest power growth in a short time, of course.

Game protagonists are definite mentions. The Skywalkers, particularly Anakin, Luke and Cade, are all worth mentioning, of course. Savage would be another case - I think Ventress and perhaps even Obi-Wan are also worthy of mention.

I would think Sidious is as well, given that he mastered lightsaber combat in just a few years and his powers were advancing at insane rates in Darth Plagueis.

Vitiate and Nihilus likely grew greatly as well as a result of their planetary devastations, but those were more one-off events boosting their powers as opposed to actual growth.

Ursumeles
Also, Jacen.

relentless1
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Luke.
Anakin.
Sidious.

thumb up

The Ellimist
If we don't include Oneness moments/temporary boosts or recoveries from injury:

Originally posted by SunRazer
I'm asking for the biggest power growth in a short time, of course.

In a really short time, it would be pre-post Nathema Vitiate, pre-post Plagueis death Palpatine, and maybe ditto with pre-post Force unbalancing Plagueis/Palpatine.

For a few weeks, it would be pre-post Yoda training Luke (or was that longer? It should be much longer given that the Falcon was not using hyperdrive, but that's not what the timeline says...) and maybe some of the video game characters like Katarn. Does Revan post-amnesia count?

In the span of a few months, it would be ESB - RotJ Luke and TCW - RotS Anakin.

For a few years, it would be AotC -> RotS Anakin, RotJ -> DE Luke (or Luke in one of his other periods like NJO), and maybe AotC -> RotS Obi Wan. The Outlander might also get a nod.

For the period of decades, it would clearly be Luke.

carthage
Luke from ESB to ROTJ

Geistalt
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
18 yo Luke - Prime Luke, duh.

Geistalt
Originally posted by The Ellimist
In a really short time, it would be pre-post Nathema Vitiate. Fixed.

Dispray
ANH Luke-farm boy
ESB Luke-barely held his own against ESB Vader
ROTJ Luke-defeated prime Vader in sabers

Selenial
I mean, if you want relative increases then definitely The Exile.

Went from being deafened to the force to above Darth Traya in two years.

Darth Abonis
Ezra from Season 2 to Season 3

Geistalt
So, let's see here:

Anakin grew from roughly 80% of RotS Sidious to 100% during RotS.

Vitiate went from a nigh-featless Sith Lord who could dominate adults' minds, use Consume Essence, and Force Sever planet-scale Sith to a godlike avatar of the dark side capable of warping the atmosphere and Force alignment of planets, freezing lightsabers mid-swing, and frying 12 planet-scale Sith at once (still weaker than whatever incarnation of Sidious that quote from The Complete Visual Dictionary describes).

In other words, Minax-tier (or Marr-tier at best) to nigh Plagueis-tier.

Luke went from TESB to RotJ in a year.

Sidious went from Plagueis-tier (certainly above Vader and Caedus) to well above that. Not much relatively speaking, but it's something.

Geistalt
Meant Lachris. Sry.

Same difference, tho.

Atroxa and Dark Council-tier work, too.

S W LeGenD
Bane and Exar Kun are arguably the most impressive that I can think of, although I guess Exar benefitted from his amulets.

The Merchant
Luke. If you take the quote where ESB Luke was equal to Vader in power and only lost to him via lack of experience, that's probably the biggest power boost not to mention no real training to increase that high.

nfactor1995
Bane from trainee to Lehon, Luke from ANH/ESB to ROTJ, Anakin from AOTC to ROTS, Savage Opress during the Clone Wars, SWTOR protags

Rockydonovang
Jaina

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.