Russia spread fake news and used Trolls for Trump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burley
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3970312/Now-experts-accuse-Russia-spreading-fake-news-social-media-swing-election-Trump-tracing-anti-Clinton-stories-Moscow-linked-Twitter-trolls.html

Analysts have accused Russia of sponsoring the spread of 'fake news' on social media accounts to swing the US election for Donald Trump.
Two separate groups have alleged that the Kremlin was behind Twitter and Facebook posts promoting anti-Hillary Clinton stories.
One told The Washington Post how the 'propaganda' was designed to chip away at American voters' faith in democracy.
It comes after widespread claims Vladimir Putin, a vocal Trump supporter, was behind the Democratic National Committee hack which exposed thousands of emails from Clinton's inner circle.
In a blog post titled 'Trolling for Trump: How Russia Is Trying To Destroy Our Democracy', analysts Andrew Weisburd, Clint Watts and JM Berger described how they began tracking social media accounts in 2014 when 'organized trolls' targeted posts which criticized the Russian-supported Syrian government regime.
The trolls worked alongside what the analysts called 'honeypot' accounts - fake profiles of young, attractive women eager to become involved in politics with American users.
Though the original network was Syrian, it was mimicked by Russia, the analysts said, and traces of networks bearing all the same hallmarks were spotted during the election.
'Today, that network is still hard at work, running at peak capacity to destroy Americans’ confidence in their system of government.
'We’ve monitored more than 7,000 social media accounts over the last 30 months and at times engaged directly with them,' the blog post read.
Among 'fake' stories peddled by accounts with links to Moscow was one focused on Clinton's apparent ill health after she fell ill at a 9/11 memorial event in September.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3970312/Now-experts-accuse-Russia-spreading-fake-news-social-media-swing-election-Trump-tracing-anti-Clinton-stories-Moscow-linked-Twitter-trolls.html#ixzz4R1UoShl8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Henry_Pym
You know both the CIA and FBI have both said that there was no evidence it was Russia. It's why weasel words are always used like "heads of security" or "both military and civilian" but no agency is named.

Flyattractor
They can't name the Agency because that "AGENCY" is the DNC. aka Hillary's brown shirts out causing da trouble.

cdtm
So, a "fake" news story focused on Hillary's "ill health"... ..WHEN.... she GOT ILL at the 9/11 memorial.

They're accusing Russia of making up a story about something they admit actually happened. confused

Flyattractor
Of Course they are CD...The Hilldawg is as HEALTY and and pretty as an OX......

Half of that statement is TRUE!

I will let you figure out which half.

Surtur
You'd probably find just as many fake stories on Facebook though lol. Another smoke screen, just like what Jill Stein is trying to pull.

Are we really going to give into this paranoia? Doesn't anyone not think we did this same song and dance before when it came to Russia and thinking they are behind everything that happens?

Flyattractor
The Leftists and Russkies have been in bed together for about 60 years or so, so I don't see why not.

Surtur
Plus at this point I think it comes down to the old "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house". Our country complaining about other countries getting involved in our business is hilarious. I can understand being pissed, but you get pissed behind the scenes. When you come out like this it makes everyone look bad.

Our government has done some very questionable things with other countries. After WW2 we tried the nazi's for war crimes, and then a few years later during the Korean war we did some of the very same things we said were war crimes in the past. I'm not saying we were as bad as the nazi's, we were not anywhere near that. But for instance, during the war we did stuff like destroy vital dams in order to flood towns in Korea. When the nazi's did shit like that we called them on it and called it a war crime.

carthage
Confidence in Clinton was already low for a significant potion of the American electorate assuming this report is true then they really didn't do much more than adding to confirmation bias for Trump voters. That and the litany of actual ti kips for Clinton from Benghazi to taking money from Qatar and Saudi Arabia didn't help her any

Surtur
Is it weird that I think every couple of blocks in Russia there is some kind of techno club? Because I feel that must be an accurate representation of the culture.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.