Darth Malak vs. Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) (Lightsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Duel takes place on neutral terrain

*Malak is unamped

DarthAnt66
Malak.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Malak.

Curious, but what's the actual case for Malak without resorting to author quotes?

DarthAnt66
Besting the greatest non-Revan Jedi of the era in under thirty seconds whereas Tano roughly stalemated an Inquisitor on Malahcor, lmfao.

SunRazer
Bastila's the greatest Jedi? erm EDIT: lol, k.

Ahsoka also held her own against Vader. And Maul.

DarthAnt66
Yeah. thumb up

And Malak held his own against Revan.

SunRazer
Darth Revan, who isn't as good as Vader. Nor was it on a one-sided environment.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Darth Revan, who isn't as good as Vader.
Oh yeah, let me check out those great Canon Vader feats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWlrbtLlQZ8&t=0m45s

Huh. thumb up

SunRazer
Because Revan beating non-Force sensitive elites like Mandalore and Yusanis is so great? laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
You're getting what you deserve Nova. smile

DarthAnt66
Because Revan beating non-Force sensitive elites like Mandalore and Yusanis is so great? laughing out loud
thumb up

Mandalore or Yusanis would destroy the Inquisitors.

SunRazer
Vader beating Ahsoka, who's matched Maul, is better than those, lmfao. As is Maul conceding that he can't beat Vader alone.

DarthAnt66
You can't use Vader beating Ahsoka as proof that Ahsoka is good, champ.

SunRazer
thumb up

Mandalore or Yusanis would destroy the Inquisitors.

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04V0nS8AP2g

DarthAnt66
Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04V0nS8AP2g
Probably a lot easier.

I'd give them two seconds each.

SunRazer
You can't use Vader beating Ahsoka as proof that Ahsoka is good, champ.

I wasn't making the comparison. But Maul conceding that he can't beat Vader, which is supported by Filoni, works fine. Likewise Ahsoka being at least equal to Maul works as well.

DarthAnt66
But Maul conceding that he can't beat Vader, which is supported by Filoni, works just as much.
Vader's supremacy over Old Master Maul wouldn't even afford him a victory over a Dollar Store cashier, lmfao.

We're getting off topic though. This is Tano vs Malak. thumb up

SunRazer
Probably a lot easier.

I'd give them two seconds each.

Based on what? Remember that they're amped.

DarthAnt66
Remember that they're amped.
Chandel's a nexus?

SunRazer
Vader's supremacy over Old Master Maul wouldn't even afford him a victory over a Dollar Store cashier, lmfao.

We're getting off topic though. This is Tano vs Malak. thumb up

lel

Let me rephrase, then. Ahsoka holding his own against Vader on a nexus is better than Malak holding his own against someone who's only beaten Mandalore and Yusanis. Vader's performance against Karbin and co. is probably already better than those, but superiority over Maul and equality with Obi-Wan doesn't hurt either.

SunRazer
Chandel's a nexus?

Ah, I was thinking of the Malachor fights for some reason.

Anyways, in the Chandel fight, Ahsoka one-shots the Fifth Brother, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
You don't get it do you Nova? By allowing him to run rampant with his wank and lowballing he now has Vader as a high mid tier at best. You unwittingly created a monster through your laxness and irresponsibility.

To reiterate, you're getting exactly what you deserve.

SunRazer
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
You don't get it do you Nova? By allowing him to run rampant with his wank and lowballing he now has Vader as a high mid tier at best. You unwittingly created a monster through your laxness and irresponsibility.

To reiterate, you're getting exactly what you deserve.

What makes you think I'm responsible for reining him in? If Ellimist had actually continued the debate, Ant would've been humiliated and the Vader lowballing would've been flushed out smile

DarthAnt66
Heh.

Bastila Shan is hailed as a tier three double-bladed swordsmaster - a status exclusively held by Exar Kun and Darth Maul.

Note that Grievous is a mere tier two, so she's better than Grievous by a significant margin.

Now, Darth Malak put her down in what? Thirty seconds? And then Grievous, how long? I imagine something like twenty seconds.

And yet we have Ahsoka Tano practically stalemating a slightly-amped Inquisitor.

I could go the Revan-route too, but this comparison is sufficient enough. laughing out loud

GG. thumb up

DarthAnt66
What makes you think I'm responsible for reining him in? If Ellimist had actually continued the debate, Ant would've been humiliated and the Vader lowballing would've been flushed out smile
Feel free to take up where Ellimist left off. I'll dominate you easier than him - and I beat him pretty easily.

SunRazer
Heh.

Bastila Shan is hailed as a tier three double-bladed swordsmaster - a status exclusively held by Exar Kun and Darth Maul.

Note that Grievous is a mere tier two, so she's better than Grievous by a significant margin.

Now, Darth Malak put her down in what? Thirty seconds? And then Grievous, how long? I imagine something like twenty seconds.

And yet we have Ahsoka Tano practically stalemating a slightly-amped Inquisitor.

GG. thumb up

Sorry, but is this more author quotes/Wizards of the Coast? Because unless I'm missing something, Bastila's probably tier 3 where Maul is a tier 8 and younglings and tier 1. laughing out loud

Ahsoka drives them back pretty decisively, lol. In any case, that's clearly a low showing for story reasons given her performance against Maul and Vader later, and her earlier performance against the Inquisitors. Choose the odd one out.

UCanShootMyNova

It's not SOLELY your fault. But everybody else is lazy or a troll. If you want to retain a justified superiority complex you're going to have to have to work for it.

DarthAnt66
Nah, KotORCG. thumb up

Nah. She didn't stalemate Maul - it was a short skirmish. And against Vader, she had numerous advantages that were unique to the fight. It's not even a quantifiable showing.

So we have Ahsoka:
- Performing 5/10 against the Inquisitors their first fight
- Stalemating an Inquisitor their second fight
- Skirmishing Maul for a short duration and then breaking off

wink

SunRazer
Feel free to take up where Ellimist left off. I'll dominate you easier than him - and I beat him pretty easily.

Haven't followed the debate. But I'll take you up on Exile vs Malak when I'm done with my other CaV.

SunRazer
Nah, KotORCG. thumb up

Nah. She didn't stalemate Maul - it was a short skirmish. And against Vader, she had numerous advantages that were unique to the fight. It's not even a quantifiable showing.

Show me.

It was a minute against Maul.

lol But Mandalore and Yusanis, completely off-panel, are quantifiable? Don't forget that Revan was amped when he fought Mandalore.

DarthAnt66
Haven't followed the debate. But I'll take you up on Exile vs Malak when I'm done with my other CaV.
I only debate topics that actually debatable.

Darth Revan's stated to be able to kick the Exile's ass, and Malak isn't far from him.

No discussion there. thumb up

SunRazer
I only debate topics that actually debatable.

Darth Revan's stated to be able to kick the Exile's ass, and Malak isn't far from him.

No discussion there. thumb up

It's not Darth Revan. It's KotOR Revan.

And the Exile's stated to be a better duelist than Reborn Revan, lmfao.

DarthAnt66
Show me.

It was a minute against Maul.

lol But Mandalore and Yusanis, completely off-panel, are quantifiable? Don't forget that Revan was amped when he fought Mandalore.
Their stats list their level of double-bladed proficiency.

Cool?

We're discussing Ahsoka, not Revan. thumb up

DarthAnt66
And the Exile's stated to be a better duelist than Reborn Revan, lmfao.
Nah, Drew retracted that statement.

gg

SunRazer
Their stats list their level of double-bladed proficiency.

Cool?

We're discussing Ahsoka, not Revan. thumb up

Yes, tell me where.

Yes, very.

We're discussing Vader vs Revan. Ahsoka contending with Vader > Malak ambiguously contending with Revan.

Nah, Drew retracted that statement.

gg

He didn't. He said he didn't know who'd win a fight. All author quotes aren't canon, anyways.

SunRazer
It's not SOLELY your fault. But everybody else is lazy or a troll. If you want to retain a justified superiority complex you're going to have to have to work for it.

Justified superiority complex? lmfao

I'm lazy too.

SunRazer
lol Are you referring to "Dual Weapon Mastery III" or some shit? laughing out loud

UCanShootMyNova
Well, you didn't have to support him and make him feel like he was some sort of actual authority.

UCanShootMyNova
lol Are you referring to "Dual Weapon Mastery III" or some shit? laughing out loud

He is.

SunRazer
Well, you didn't have to support him and make him feel like he was some sort of actual authority.

Support him in what? I debated against him in that Plagueis thread where he backtracked on everything.

DarthAnt66
Yes, tell me where.

Yes, very.

We're discussing Vader vs Revan. Ahsoka contending with Vader > Malak ambiguously contending with Revan.

He didn't. He said he didn't know who'd win a fight.
Uh, their entries?

Cool.

Ahsoka contending with Vader is too circumstantial to be a feat.

Yeah, so he retracted his statement.

smokin'

--- --- ---

On a serious note though, Darth Malak is better than Ahsoka Tano.

Chris Avellone stated that Darth Revan is capable of besting both Darth Traya and the Jedi Exile at the same time in lightsaber combat - and Darth Malak is around Darth Revan's level as a swordsman. Ahsoka Tano has nothing on such an accomplishment. Her showings are highly circumstantial or inconsistent. It is amusing, though, that Bastila Shan is consistently hailed by two separate sources to have lightsaber capabilities around that of Dooku, and yet that's dismissed because "reasons." Frankly, Darth Malak putting down the second most powerful Jedi in the Order with such ease, who is capable of affecting thousands of individuals simultaneously with her telepathy, is beyond anything Canon Darth Vader has shown by any stretch of imagination. An average Dark Jedi has more to their name than an Inquisitor, also, and Bastila Shan handily put one down in a far quicker time than Ahsoka Tano did to the Fifth Brother.

SunRazer
He is.

Did you discuss this with him?

UCanShootMyNova
A while back yes.

UCanShootMyNova
Support him in what? I debated against him in that Plagueis thread where he backtracked on everything.

His Anakin wank. His downplaying of Vader. His attempt to say the disturbance in the Force Revan caused was the greater then the one Plagueis and Sidious did, etc. There were multiple blunders.

SunRazer
His Anakin wank. His downplaying of Vader. His attempt to say the disturbance in the Force Revan caused was the greater then the one Plagueis and Sidious did, etc. There were multiple blunders.

I didn't support him in the Revan threads at all. I was against them. Nor did I support the anti-Vader propaganda.

There was no Anakin wank. There was just relaying of factual quotes.

DarthAnt66
Nova, you dispute Revan's superiority over Vader?

UCanShootMyNova
I didn't support him in the Revan threads at all. I was against them. Nor did I support the anti-Vader propaganda.

There was no Anakin wank. There was just relaying of factual quotes.

Lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI

Unfortunately your failure comes at the cost of Ant spreading his cancer throughout the rest of the forum. GG.

SunRazer
Uh, their entries?

Where's the part where Grievous is only Dual Weapon Mastery II? Also, can you tell me some other game mechanics so that I can have fun wanking them? laughing out loud

Yeah, because she was hindered and he was amped. thumb up

He didn't. He said he didn't know who'd win in a fight, which is all-out. Besides, he says he doesn't know who'd win in actual fights all the time since he believes in possibility. However, him saying that Surik is the better duelist still applies and contradicts Avellone's quote. Even his retracted statement contradicts Avellone.

--- --- ---

Avellone just said "Revan", not "Darth Revan". You told me that he was referring to them in their respective games, which is KotOR Revan. And Malak got trounced by Revan.

Bastila's not on the same level as Dooku since Dooku's canonically more skilled than KotOR Revan. And didn't you yourself dismiss Bastila's quotes as being game mechanics? What happened to that?

Ahsoka crushed the Inquisitors on Chandel. The disparity in performance on Malachor V, if you're not dismissing it as PIS, is just proof of how strong the DS nexus is, then. Which works in her favor against Maul and Vader as well.

SunRazer
LMFAO. Darth Revan only has "Dual Weapon Mastery I".

DarthAnt66
Avellone just said "Revan", not "Darth Revan". You told me that he was referring to them in their respective games, which is KotOR Revan. And Malak got trounced by Revan.

Bastila's not on the same level as Dooku since Dooku's canonically more skilled than KotOR Revan. And didn't you yourself dismiss Bastila's quotes as being game mechanics? What happened to that?

Ahsoka crushed the Inquisitors on Chandel. The disparity in performance on Malachor V, if you're not dismissing it as PIS, is just proof of how strong the DS nexus is, then. Which works in her favor against Maul and Vader as well.
No, Avellone was referring to his creations, so Darth Revan.

You're not just missing the point there, you're changing the discussion to cloud it from the truth.

She didn't crush the Seventh Sister in lightsaber combat anyway - she exploited her strength advantage, that's it. In regards to their fight on Malachor V, I don't even recall a direct quote stating the nexus enhanced their abilities, so I'd need to see that again. Whatever the case, you're completely speculating over the extent of the nexus.

The main sourcebook has Grievous.

No. It's stated her familiarity with Darth Vader's fighting style allowed her to compete. She also had a speed advantage.

Wrong. He retracted his statement that the Exile is a better duelist, and then refused to comment on the winner.

UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

But he mainly uses a SINGLE blade Nova so it doesn't matter.

Ant: Sh-Shaddup! Baka!

DarthAnt66
Higher than Palpatine, actually, so no shame there. thumb up

Revan and Palpatine's status can be explained by the author not recognizing them as Jar'Kai users, obviously. erm

I'm fine with Revan > Palpatine though, if we can to be ignorant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

UCanShootMyNova
if we can to be ignorant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The levels of irony here are too high to even laugh at.

SunRazer
No, Avellone was referring to his creations, so Darth Revan.

You're not just missing the point there, you're changing the discussion to cloud it from the truth.

She didn't crush the Seventh Sister in lightsaber combat anyway - she exploited her strength advantage, that's it. In regards to their fight on Malachor V, I don't even recall a direct quote stating the nexus enhanced their abilities, so I'd need to see that again. Whatever the case, you're completely speculating over the extent of the nexus.

The main source-book has Grievous.

No. It's stated her familiarity with Darth Vader's fighting style allowed her to compete. She also had a speed advantage.

Wrong. He retracted his statement that the Exile is a better duelist, and then refused to comment on the winner.

1. Avellone didn't create Darth Revan, lmfao.

2. Changing what? And Yusanis is going to beat the Seventh Sister with greater ease? lol

3. It's confirmed to allow them to do things they can't do off-nexus. Anyways, since you put so much stock in author quotes, Filoni confirms that she isn't stalemating Inquisitors since they're not capable of matching her blow-for-blow.

4. Sourcebooks also purport that Maul is stronger than Sidious.

5. Her speed isn't suddenly nullified here, lol. Where's the quote about familiarity?

6. I told you that even the retracted statement contradicts Avellone's, lol.

SunRazer
Higher than Palpatine, actually, so no shame there. thumb up

Revan and Palpatine's status can be explained by the author not recognizing them as Jar'Kai users, obviously. erm

I'm fine with Revan > Palpatine though, if we can to be ignorant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But Avellone's creation of Darth Revan was as a Jar'kai user smile

Seriously, though, if they weren't recognized as Jar'Kai users, then why did Revan actually get the feat for dual-wielding? It was obviously recognized, lol.

UCanShootMyNova

Seriously, though, if they weren't recognized as Jar'Kai users, then why did Revan actually get the feat for dual-wielding? It was obviously recognized, lol.

Couldn't be that the source is unreliable in some way. No sir, not possible.

DarthAnt66
1.) He established his character and ability.

2.) The fact two sources put Bastila Shan as a master swordsman.

3.) So, there's no direct proof that their abilities were enhanced? Huh, nice.

4.) It could be referring to his non-augmented strength. thumb up

5.) Vader's infamously slow, so it's relevant. And it's stated in an interview.

6.) No, it doesn't. He retracted his original statement.

SunRazer
It also states that Revan is "Martial Arts I", despite Ant promoting Revan as the best martial artist ever, lol.

DarthAnt66

What? That has nothing to do with anything.

You'd need proof from the author to confirm that. Otherwise, it's speculation.

DarthAnt66
It also states that Revan is "Martial Arts I", despite Ant promoting Revan as the best martial artist ever, lol.
Better than Palpatine. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Really Ant? Why can't you just admit these rankings are stupid as f*ck and don't accurately represent the characters?

Why do you insist on being a a little tw@t about this?

SunRazer
1.) He established his character and ability.

2.) The fact two sources put Bastila Shan as a master swordsman.

3.) So, there's no direct proof that their abilities were enhanced? Huh, nice.

4.) It could be referring to his non-augmented strength. thumb up

5.) Vader's infamously slow, so it's relevant. And it's stated in an interview.

6.) No, it doesn't. He retracted his original statement.

1. His ability? Darth Revan's abilities are shown in KotOR... when he chokes an officer. smile

It's not Avellone's creation regardless of how you go about it. Avellone also never once establishes Revan's lightsaber skill. You're making this up on the spot.

2. Nobody denies that Bastila is a master swordsman, but her being one means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Her being on Dooku's level is the one I'm contesting.

3. Yeah - the fact that they're now able to do things they can't otherwise. If that's not screaming an amplification to you, then I don't know what does.

4. lol Then the Emperor should be a 1 or a 2, lmfao. Not in the double-digits.

5. Canon Vader's quite fast. And quote the interview.

6. I looked at the statement again. He didn't retract the Exile being a better duelist. He just said it's a tie in an overall fight, since there's more factors to a fight than just dueling.

DarthAnt66
Really Ant? Why can't you just admit these rankings are stupid as f*ck and don't accurately represent the characters?

Why do you insist on being a a little tw@t about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHRxv-40WMU&t=1m08s

UCanShootMyNova
You get a free pass on this for linking some good sh!t. I'll be watching ERB's for the rest of the night...

SunRazer
What? That has nothing to do with anything.

You'd need proof from the author to confirm that. Otherwise, it's speculation.

I need proof that the author was genuinely talking about dual-wielding when he talks about dual-wielding mastery. Otherwise, it's speculation. laughing out loud laughing

The fact that Revan's entered as having dual-wielding mastery is a recognition of his dual-wielding, and it's not up to par with Bastila according to you.

Better than Palpatine. thumb up

Well, now that Bastila's > Revan, your case is in ruins. So you can compare him to Palpatine all you want - your case is still destroyed.

DarthAnt66
1. His ability? Darth Revan's abilities are shown in KotOR... when he chokes an officer. smile

It's not Avellone's creation regardless of how you go about it. Avellone also never once establishes Revan's lightsaber skill. You're making this up on the spot.

2. Nobody denies that Bastila is a master swordsman, but her being one means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Her being on Dooku's level is the one I'm contesting.

3. Yeah - the fact that they're now able to do things they can't otherwise. If that's not screaming an amplification to you, then I don't know what does.

4. lol Then the Emperor should be a 1 or a 2, lmfao. Not in the double-digits.

5. Canon Vader's quite fast. And quote the interview.

6. I looked at the statement again. He didn't retract the Exile being a better duelist. He just said it's a tie in an overall fight, since there's more factors to a fight than just dueling.
1. He established him as among the most powerful characters in Star Wars,

2. That's what I meant. Two sources suggest shes' Kenobi/Dooku level.

3. How would being able to spin on a lightsaber pertain to enhanced Force abilities in any way, lmfao?

4. Palpatine's pretty good for his age.

5. Nah. And I'm too lazy to find it. Ask for it in the EU quote finder.

6. No, he meant for dueling.

DarthAnt66
Well, now that Bastila's > Revan, your case is in ruins. So you can compare him to Palpatine all you want - your case is still destroyed.

What? Revan's primarily a single-bladed duelist during this era anyway.

Him being an inferior Jar'Kai / double-bladed duelist to Shan doesn't remotely affect anything, especially considering that's still beyond Palpatine's abilities apparently.

DarthAnt66
Man, this is too fun. laughing out loud It's getting pretty late though. mmm

SunRazer
Also, to clear up Ant's delusional misinterpretations, Avellone also doesn't think Revan can beat Exile + Traya because of how much better he is. He thinks they have character issues that stop them from being able to fight to their best against Revan, who apparently isn't hindered by such things.

DarthAnt66
Wrong. Avellone stated that he could beat them both at the same time, and then justified that by factoring in their characters.

DarthAnt66
Everything Nova has said so far in this discussion has been:
- wrong
- misleading
- misleadingly wrong
or
- wrongfully misleading

UCanShootMyNova
Also, to clear up Ant's delusional misinterpretations, Avellone also doesn't think Revan can beat Exile + Traya because of how much better he is. He thinks they have character issues that stop them from being able to fight to their best against Revan, who apparently isn't hindered by such things.

He's trolling at this point Nova.

Man you've really fallen far. You're even struggling to combat a non serious Ant.

It sucks to be a member of a forum where the smartest dude is a 14 years old Revanite. sad

DarthAnt66
DD, FB chat?

SunRazer
1. He established him as among the most powerful characters in Star Wars,

2. That's what I meant. Two sources suggest shes' Kenobi/Dooku level.

3. How would being able to spin on a lightsaber pertain to enhanced Force abilities in any way, lmfao?

4. Palpatine's pretty good for his age.

5. Nah. And I'm too lazy to find it. Ask for it in the EU quote finder.

6. No, he meant for dueling.

1. By Kreia's hyperbole? lol

Nowhere does Avellone establish a thing about Revan's skills in dueling.

2. Wizards of the Coast only.

3. Because they can spin faster than normal which allows them to fly? Clearly at least their speed was enhanced.

4. Cause of augmentation laughing out loud Without augmentation, he's an octogenarian who needs a cane to walk.

5. lel

6. According to you. Besides, even if it was a tie for dueling, that directly contradicts Avellone.

All six of your points have been debunked.

UCanShootMyNova
DD, FB chat?

Sure. Honestly everybody's degraded to the point where you're clearly the best on the forum. Might as well accept your wank.

SunRazer
He's trolling at this point Nova.

Man you've really fallen far. You're even struggling to combat a non serious Ant.

It sucks to be a member of a forum where the smartest dude is a 14 years old Revanite. sad

Don't think anyone's serious here anymore, lol.

Ant's logic has already fallen apart though, so yeah, you can go.

DarthAnt66
Sure. Honestly everybody's degraded to the point where you're clearly the best on the forum. Might as well concede.
I've always been the best (besides Sasukedc and Gideon). thumb down

My triumph over The Ellimist just further solidifies that.

SunRazer
Wrong. Avellone stated that he could beat them both at the same time, and then justified that by factoring in their characters.

Do you not understand what justification is? lol

He thinks Revan wins because of those reasons.

SunRazer

You got destroyed by ILS in that other thread, lol. And you've only triumphed over people who haven't had time or don't want to respond to you laughing out loud

The last time you had a fair debate with the Ellimist, you backtracked on everything.

DarthAnt66

UCanShootMyNova

Nah. You just managed to bring down the IQ with all your blogs which you yourself are immune to. Now you've taken the mantle for yourself.

DarthAnt66
You got destroyed by ILS in that other thread, lol. And you've only triumphed over people who haven't had time or don't want to respond to you laughing out loud

The last time you had a fair debate with the Ellimist, you backtracked on everything.
No. ILS never even responded to me in that other thread.

When?

SunRazer
@Ant - Nice taking quotes out of context there. Put in the rest of the quote, please.

DarthAnt66
The justification is already there. The rest is literally a separate paragraph. laughing out loud

SunRazer
laughing out loud You just said the justification was the Kreia and Exile's character issues bit, and now you're retracting that. Looks like you're not much better than Drew.

Besides, even according to your interpretation, he cites Revan's strategic abilities as one of the main reasons that he can beat the duo. Malak has none of them, which Avellone himself confirms in the game, and is supported by TCSWE and other sources. Also, Malak is nowhere near as powerful as Revan. KotOR II doesn't establish Malak's Force powers being anything special like Revan's. And frankly, neither did KotOR.

So in no way does this put Malak above Traya and the Exile, lol. And having looked at the post again, Avellone's making it clear that it's just his personal opinion and not fact like Ant pretends. He says that's all "in his mind".

DarthAnt66
I used the wrong word originally. thumb down

SunRazer
No, you're backtracking because you know your case is full of shit. Case closed. Concession accepted. Your Avellone quotes and KotORCG game mechanics have both been invalidated.

DarthAnt66
No, you're backtracking because you know your case is full of shit. Case closed. Concession accepted. Your Avellone quotes and KotORCG game mechanics have both been invalidated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96L3O3r6OBI

SunRazer
laughing out loud

DarthAnt66
I'll have to think over it.

Malak > Traya though.

SunRazer
Dayum, Avellone said that the True Sith would've been manipulating things on an even larger scale than Palpatine from Ep 1 - 3 if he had his way.

DarthAnt66
Yo, I just saw that quote yesterday. I didn't check the time-stamp though. I'm assuming it was new?

SunRazer
It was from 2009.

AncientPower
Which is exactly why his opinion can never be sourced in Legends debates.

DarthAnt66
It was from 2009.
Damn, weird we saw it a day apart.

SunRazer
Yeah.

Originally posted by AncientPower
Which is exactly why his opinion can never be sourced in Legends debates.

He says it's just his opinion.

AncientPower
Good, because that is all it should ever be.

Azronger
Malak

But this discussion is stupid.

Beniboybling
Lmao, Ant's "arguments" are legit cancer. Ahsoka wins btw.

Darth Thor
His Anakin wank. His downplaying of Vader.

I will never get how these 2 things can go hand to hand.

DarthDuelist9
Considering Ahsoka's offscreen duel with the Fifth Brother as a "low showing" yet using Ahsoka's offscreen duel with Maul as an argument, yeah that's called double standards.

|King Joker|
It'd be a double standard if we dismissed the offscreen portion of the F.B. vs. Ahsoka fight yet took into consideration the offscreen portion of Maul vs. Ahsoka, but that isn't the case. Dismissing it as a low showing is logical given Ahsoka's combative level suggested by feats and statements by Filoni and the various quotes regarding her standing next to the Inquisitors (i.e. being inarguably their vast superior).

DarthAnt66
Filoni's never stated he's their vast superior. And based on Ahsoka's near-parity with the Seventh Sister in combat in the first fight, and her near-parity with the other Inquisitor in their second fight, that's clearly not what he's going for either. Ahsoka's obviously the superior, but by no means leaps-and-bounds (compared to a Dark Lord of the Sith like Darth Malak, who's putting down legitimately powerful Jedi, who can affect thousands of individuals simultaneously, like flies).

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
It'd be a double standard if we dismissed the offscreen portion of the F.B. vs. Ahsoka fight yet took into consideration the offscreen portion of Maul vs. Ahsoka, but that isn't the case. Dismissing it as a low showing is logical given Ahsoka's combative level suggested by feats and statements by Filoni and the various quotes regarding her standing next to the Inquisitors (i.e. being inarguably their vast superior).

Who says Maul vs Ahsoka (if they even dueled for a prolonged time offscreen) isn't a low showing for Maul? I mean we've seen his superior performance against the Inquisitors and StarWars.com still implies he's the strongest member of the group and don't begin with your theory about how "Maul was better suited to fight the Inquisitors etc" since those factors weren't a problem in Future of the Force.

The fact that Ahsoka couldn't get past the defenses of the Fifth Brother only shows how unreliable these offscreen duels are, you can either accept them or you can dismiss them but there isn't a way in between.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Who says Maul vs Ahsoka (if they even dueled for a prolonged time offscreen) isn't a low showing for Maul? The only thing you have to base that off of is a superior showing against Inquisitors and the SW.com quote which is entirely context-dependent because it's about the team's current enemy, the Inquisitors, and who is the superior team member to face their current enemies. Ahsoka contending with Vader, "standing with the best" when it comes to Force usage, and the general hype surrounding her abilities paints a pretty ****ing clear picture that she's up there, so claiming it could being a low showing for Maul is retarded.

I mean we've seen his superior performance against the Inquisitors and StarWars.com still implies he's the strongest member of the group and don't begin with your theory about how "Maul was better suited to fight the Inquisitors etc" since those factors weren't a problem in Future of the Force. All of this has been addressed before, I'm not interested in going around in circles again.

The fact that Ahsoka couldn't get past the defenses of the Fifth Brother only shows how unreliable these offscreen duels are, you can either accept them or you can dismiss them. Then your Inquisitor benchmark for Maul being superior to Ahsoka is severely diminished, if we were to go that route.

Emperordmb
Question: Which of these instances is the very obvious outlier?

A) Ahsoka casually trashes the 5th bro while also fighting the 7th sis before instantly martially dominating the 7th sis while unarmed when getting serious. Filoni stated Ahsoka was never in any danger in that fight.
B) Ahsoka duels the 5th bro for a lengthy period of time.
C) Ahsoka charges the 5th bro when nobody else is actively attacking him and instantly disarms him.
D) Ahsoka duels Maul for a lengthy period of time
E) Ahsoka duels Vader for a lengthy period of time and does admirably (holds her ground at several points, pushes him with TK, only gets slowly driven back, lands a headshot while Vader is somewhat distracted but still sees her coming and has enough awareness to block a strike from her, and meets him in a bladelock while facing the other way without dying). (This is keeping in mind Vader is stated to be insanely beyond the likes of Kanan and Ezra, casually trashed them at the same time in a duel, instantly overwhelmed Ezra in a duel, and was easily overpowering both at the same time with TK, and both Kanan and Ezra have matched inquisitors in combat while they clearly aren't close to competing with Vader while Ahsoka can.)

It's B, but people are probably still going to pretend she's not that far ahead of the inquisitors for some reason.

Ursumeles
I would say all but B) are outliers.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I would say all but B) are outliers. https://www.mentalhealth.gov

Ursumeles
Originally posted by |King Joker|
https://www.mentalhealth.gov
It diesn't helps. Nobody can help sad

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Question: Which of these instances is the very obvious outlier?

A) Ahsoka casually trashes the 5th bro while also fighting the 7th sis before instantly martially dominating the 7th sis while unarmed when getting serious. Filoni stated Ahsoka was never in any danger in that fight.
B) Ahsoka duels the 5th bro for a lengthy period of time.
C) Ahsoka charges the 5th bro when nobody else is actively attacking him and instantly disarms him.
D) Ahsoka duels Maul for a lengthy period of time
E) Ahsoka duels Vader for a lengthy period of time and does admirably (holds her ground at several points, pushes him with TK, only gets slowly driven back, lands a headshot while Vader is somewhat distracted but still sees her coming and has enough awareness to block a strike from her, and meets him in a bladelock while facing the other way without dying). (This is keeping in mind Vader is stated to be insanely beyond the likes of Kanan and Ezra, casually trashed them at the same time in a duel, instantly overwhelmed Ezra in a duel, and was easily overpowering both at the same time with TK, and both Kanan and Ezra have matched inquisitors in combat while they clearly aren't close to competing with Vader while Ahsoka can.)

It's B, but people are probably still going to pretend she's not that far ahead of the inquisitors for some reason. thumb up The straw grasping from DD and Ant is cringe inducing.

DarthAnt66
You know you're wrong when Beni supports you.

Beniboybling
Sick burn bro.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0GqGUxnYS9HlTb9K/giphy.gif

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up The straw grasping from DD and Ant is cringe inducing.

What?

Emperordmb
What?
DarthDuelist9 not DarkDefender

cs_zoltan
It's still true tho for Syn, just not in this thread.

Beniboybling
Yeah I'm happy for Syn to take the L nonetheless. smile

Ursumeles
Darth wins

...not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.