What's the difference between the Constitution and the Flag?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SquallX
Like the title says, what's the difference?

Flyattractor
...nah to easy.

SquallX
Originally posted by Flyattractor
...nah to easy.

You're right, it is easy. But i would appreciate you're reasoning, whether i like them or not.

Lord Lucien
Dead soldiers' coffins aren't draped in the Constitution.

riv6672
The constitution is a body of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is acknowledged to be governed.

The flag is a piece of cloth or similar material, typically oblong or square, attachable by one edge to a pole or rope and used as the symbol or emblem of a country or institution or as a decoration during public festivities.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by riv6672
The constitution is a body of fundamental principles or established precedents according to which a state or other organization is acknowledged to be governed.

The flag is a piece of cloth or similar material, typically oblong or square, attachable by one edge to a pole or rope and used as the symbol or emblem of a country or institution or as a decoration during public festivities.

I just learned some things thumb up

riv6672
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I just learned some things thumb up

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyg8ft2Wxp1qbiz5t.gif

SquallX

See that's my point.

If the Constitution is body of fundamental principles that a country and it's people needs to follow, and the Flag is just a piece of cloth that is used as symbol, then why burn it?

By burning it, you're actually going against the Constitution one infringing on another person's well being.

Everyone's argument for burning the flag is always the same thing. It's just a piece of cloth, we're protected under free speech. If burning the flag get's you mad then you're just being a baby.

In WW2, when hundreds or more Marines died raising the Flag in the battle of Iwo Jima. Raising that flag meant something to those men right?

So if you burn the Flag, and insult others that desigrees with you, doesn't that mean you're going against the same Constitution that you're claiming is a body of principles and laws one needs to follow?

Because there are plenty of people that sees the Flag as more than just a piece of cloth. To those many a people, the Flag also represent Freedom, Sacrifice, Selflessness, Honor, Courage. So to spit in there faces when they ask you not to burn there Flags, and you still do it, aren't basically using the law to serve you're own selfish needs?

riv6672
Didnt know that was the point you were trying to make.

Yes, i believe when someone burns the flag theyre just being little bicthes because they can get away with it, and any reaction they get will be seen as an OVERreaction by those giving it to them.

Which is why i ignore those bicthes.

Stigma
TBH the discussion on the "sacred" nature of national symbols/emblems/etc. could be a very interesting one.

Surtur
If you want to know the real reason people burn the flag it is this: it is just their own special way of saying "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!"

I especially love the people who say they burn the flag for freedom. "We have the freedom to burn shit, so we are burning this, it's not freedom if we don't burn it". They are doing it to show how free they are. Man, those people aren't just patriots, but super-patriots.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Surtur
If you want to know the real reason people burn the flag it is this: it is just their own special way of saying "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!"

I especially love the people who say they burn the flag for freedom. "We have the freedom to burn shit, so we are burning this, it's not freedom if we don't burn it". They are doing it to show how free they are. Man, those people aren't just patriots, but super-patriots.

What does it make those who get so worked up about it? If they are just being juvenile, then why are so many people so successfully triggered?

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
What does it make those who get so worked up about it? If they are just being juvenile, then why are so many people so successfully triggered?

It makes it all the more entertaining. They are trying so hard to flip the situation around.

Adam_PoE
It makes it all the more entertaining. They are trying so hard to flip the situation around.

Burning the flag is intended to be provocative. So if people are provoked, then the flag burners succeeded in their mission. If people can see that, but still cannot help themselves from be provoked, then they are arguably more juvenile, because they cannot control their emotions. Again, just because someone sets a trap, it does not mean you have to step in it. Especially, if you can see it is there, but are so triggered you cannot help yourself. The entire outrage is a joke.

Surtur
Burning the flag is intended to be provocative. So if people are provoked, then the flag burners succeeded in their mission. If people can see that, but still cannot help themselves from be provoked, then they are arguably more juvenile, because they cannot control their emotions. Again, just because someone sets a trap, it does not mean you have to step in it. Especially, if you can see it is there, but are so triggered you cannot help yourself. The entire outrage is a joke.

Yes exactly, whiny people burning the flag, it's funny. People whining over them burning the flag, it's funny.

You trying to imply the flag burners are the more mature people is especially hilarious.

The outrage is a joke, the burning is a joke, it's all pure entertainment.

Surtur
In other hilarious news, Colin Kaepernick gets benched for being so shitty..at Soldier Field, no less.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18202774/colin-kaepernick-benched-san-francisco-49ers-fourth-quarter-vs-chicago-bears

I think we all need to take a knee and a moment of silence for the career of ol' Colin.

Adam_PoE
Yes exactly, whiny people burning the flag, it's funny. People whining over them burning the flag, it's funny.

You trying to imply the flag burners are the more mature people is especially hilarious.

The outrage is a joke, the burning is a joke, it's all pure entertainment.

They are more mature by comparison. At least they are setting the trap instead of taking the bait. Especially, when the other side knows it is a trap, but cannot help themselves from taking the bait anyway. Burners are trying to be transgressive, but at least they have self-control.

Surtur
They are more mature by comparison. At least they are setting the trap instead of taking the bait. Especially, when the other side knows it is a trap, but cannot help themselves from taking the bait anyway. Burners are trying to be transgressive, but at least they have self-control.

Hilarious! Tell us more about how they're more mature smile

These people are, of course, the epitome of self control as well lol. Yep, we can go with that I guess.

Surtur
They are so in control, it's almost like a super power. They are mentally stable individuals, soldiers of freedom.

5EXjOA2PjB4

Raisen

This twisted thinking is why we have gender benders

Adam_PoE
Hilarious! Tell us more about how they're more mature smile

These people are, of course, the epitome of self control as well lol. Yep, we can go with that I guess.

I never said that flag burners were mature individuals, only that they were more mature than the people who are triggered by flag burning by comparison, because the latter knowingly allow themselves to be manipulated.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Raisen
This twisted thinking is why we have gender benders

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/12215635.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by Stigma
TBH the discussion on the "sacred" nature of national symbols/emblems/etc. could be a very interesting one.
Judging by your use of quotation marks, you've got nothing to say i'd give a shit about.

Surtur
I never said that flag burners were mature individuals, only that they were more mature than the people who are triggered by flag burning by comparison, because the latter knowingly allow themselves to be manipulated.

I know what you said, and I'm saying nah, they're not. They're all equally immature.

SquallX
So if those that burns the Flag are more mature than those that goes against Flag burning, then how come those same Flag burners be mature enough to know it may upset others?

So you're telling me, that a Flag burning moron that's never done anything in his/her life is more mature than a man that wore that Flag and spill blood for it, and have loss brothers is less mature because he doesn't like seeing his Flag been tarnished?

riv6672
^^^Exactly. Thats troll logic 101.

Adam_PoE

^ He gets it.

Surtur
You're immature whether you burn the flag or you whine over it. You're immature if you're an imbecile and you feel "Trapping" people somehow makes you a bit more mature than the other side lol. To try to use the "but but..trolling" argument falls short.

Though if we go by that logic, Trump is more mature than..well, all liberals and democrats. By leaps and bounds. Let me guess, that's not the case though because..reasons.

riv6672
^ He gets it.
You're immature whether you burn the flag or you whine over it. You're immature if you're an imbecile and you feel "Trapping" people somehow makes you a bit more mature than the other side lol. To try to use the "but but..trolling" argument falls short.

Though if we go by that logic, Trump is more mature than..well, all liberals and democrats. By leaps and bounds. Let me guess, that's not the case though because..reasons.
^ He doesn't.

Surtur
I do get it: Trump is more mature than liberals and democrats. That's awesome.

I'm glad to see you acknowledge it.

Adam_PoE
^ He doesn't.

Unfortunately, not everyone can be up to speed.

Surtur

I know, remember that time you said stupid shit about how BLM only cares about police brutality and then I brought you up to speed on it? Good times.

Adam_PoE
I know, remember that time you said stupid shit about how BLM only cares about police brutality and then I brought you up to speed on it? Good times.

Copying and pasting things from their website about their guiding principles does not change their stated mission. All it does is show people what you do not understand.

Surtur
Copying and pasting things from their website about their guiding principles does not change their stated mission. All it does is show people what you do not understand.

Remember that time I got you up to speed on BLM and then you came up with an incredibly lame excuse? Good times.

Beniboybling
both are lame, only one people have the sense to burn.

Surtur
Originally posted by Beniboybling

Yeah, they both are lame.

Adam_PoE
Remember that time I got you up to speed on BLM and then you came up with an incredibly lame excuse? Good times.

You are not even up to speed on Black Lives Matter now. But there is not a YouTube video explaining it, so I do not expect you to understand.

Surtur
You are not even up to speed on Black Lives Matter now. But there is not a YouTube video explaining it, so I do not expect you to understand.

A swing and a miss. Don't worry, you still have 2 strikes left. Would you care to try again?

SquallX

Before i can even answer that shit you just wrote, answer me this?

Are you an American?

Surtur
He's from the UK.

I admit rereading his post I'm not quite sure what to make of it. "Only one people have the sense to burn". I can't tell if he's agreeing with Adam or not.

Beniboybling
He's from the UK.

I admit rereading his post I'm not quite sure what to make of it. "Only one people have the sense to burn". I can't tell if he's agreeing with Adam or not. my meaning was clear, burn the flag, burn the constitution burn down the country thumb up

Originally posted by SquallX
Before i can even answer that shit you just wrote, answer me this?shit? how rude

Surtur
I see, so you feel it shows a person has "sense" if they burn the flag? Yeah, that seems about right.

Beniboybling
thumb up

Surtur
Plus burning stuff is fun. Flags, the businesses of innocent people for no reason, etc.

Fire is pretty.

Beniboybling
now you get it thumb up

Surtur
I know, it makes Germans burning down refugee centers all the more hilarious.

Look at us..just two bro's reaching an understanding thumb up

riv6672
I know, right.
Surtur still has entertainment value, though. I mean, i can laugh with or at. He's mostly the latter.

Surtur
I know, right.
Surtur still has entertainment value, though. I mean, i can laugh with or at. He's mostly the latter.

So any self awareness with you has just completely evaporated? Okie dokie.

riv6672
So any self awareness with you has just completely evaporated? Okie dokie.
now you get it thumb up

Surtur
Yes, I do get it. Explains a lot too.

riv6672
I highly doubt you've gotten anything since grade school. smile

Surtur
Yikes, that was pretty bleak.

riv6672
I find with some people (like you) its not "What are they teaching you in school?!?" but more "What are you learning in school???"

Surtur
I find with some people (like you) its not "What are they teaching you in school?!?" but more "What are you learning in school???"

I learned quite a bit in school, but some of it was indeed useless because after all..it was an all boys Catholic high school. So you can imagine some of the things we were taught.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.