Vaylin vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fight takes place on flat, neutral terrain.

DarthAnt66
Unchained!Vaylin >> Exar Kun >> Curbed!Vaylin.

nfactor1995
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Unchained!Vaylin >> Exar Kun >> Curbed!Vaylin.

Where would you put prime unrestricted Vaylin? Revan tier? Above?

DarthAnt66
Above Plagueis, let alone Revan. thumb up

Ursumeles
Above Plagueis, let alone Revan. thumb up
Uhm...how? erm

DarthAnt66
One-shotting Arcann and Senya at the same time. erm

That's beyond Plaguies, Revan, Kun, etc.

Ursumeles
One-shotting Arcann (Vader level) and Senya (Maul level) at the same time. erm

Video?I don't remember the Video really good, tbh

Also, Vader > Arcann and Maul > Senya.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Video?I don't remember the Video really good, tbh

Also, Vader > Arcann and Maul > Senya.
Look up Dulfy chapter eight KOTET. On mobile so can't link.

I said they were the same level, not that they were above.

---

Vaylin > any Banite Sith besides Palps. thumb up

Ursumeles
Roughtly minute, maybe? stick out tongue
Edit: Found it.

Obviously. But I wouldn't put Aracann above Dooku, or Senya above Kenobi. But it likely is just based on different interpretations of "Level", lol.

So, Vaylin > Valkorion as well? smile

DarthAnt66
Fast forward 4/5ths through. You'll know when you see it.

Well, Arcann, Dooku, and Vader are all roughly on par. Same for Senya, Maul, and Kenobi.

Ursumeles
Arcann ~ Dooku ~ Vader? erm

After seeing it, it isn't something I would put beyond Plagueis, tbh.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud Plagueis has nothing like that.

It's strongly implied Vaylin is a direct threat to Valkorion himself.

Ursumeles
Plagueis obviously is a threath to Valkorion as well.
I saw better feats than pushing an off-guard Arcann and Senya, tbh.

Tondemonai
Vaylin solidly

MythLord
I think this is just hype talking, Ant. Let it die down a bit and the forum will have her sub Vader. smile

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by MythLord
I think this is just hype talking, Ant. Let it die down a bit and the forum will have her sub Vader. smile
Sub-Vader level character is a threat to Valkorion? laughing out loud

AncientPower
One-shotting Arcann and Senya is great, yet prime Exar Kun is around the level of easily one-shotting entire melded teams of Jedi and taking out any pre-TUF Luke.

Honestly Vaylin is a whole cat of bags that can evidently be manipulated. So even if she does have more raw power than Revan or Exar Kun, she's strongly susceptible to being mentally manipulated.

SunRazer
Pretty sure Vaylin caught Arcann and Senya off-guard.

Ursumeles
thumb up

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Pretty sure Vaylin caught Arcann and Senya off-guard.

yes

DarthDuelist9
Arcann comparable to Dooku/Vader or Senya to Maul/Kenob? Oh god this is aweful

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Arcann comparable to Dooku/Vader
He obviously is, lmao.

MythLord
But Senya isn't on Obi's or Maul's level, honestly.

Ursumeles
Yep. She is good, but I see no reason to put her above The B-Team, or on par with Kenobi, tbh.

Dread Dark
Vaylin may have great raw power but her mind will be childs play for Kun.

I think that will be her major loss here, her mind is too unstable and Kun will destroy her mind.

DarthDuelist9
He obviously is, lmao.

No he isn't. Vader and Dooku are amongst the most accomplished fighters ever, in terms of feats, accolades and holistic portrayal and in each single of those criteria they outclass Arcann.

Ursumeles
No he isn't. Vader and Dooku are amongst the most accomplished fighters ever, in terms of feats, accolades and holistic portrayal and in each single of those criteria they outclass Arcann.
I agree, but they don't outclass him so badly that he isn't in their league, lmaol

DarthDuelist9
I agree, but they don't outclass him so badly that he isn't in their league, lmaol

It's basically being the best/elite of your time vs being the best/elite of all time, depends on how much you weight you put behind it.

Ursumeles
It's basically being the best/elite of your time vs being the best/elite of all time, depends on how much you weight you put behind it.
Arcann is obviously one of the best of all time as well, lmao.

Nephthys
Lol if you don't think Arcann is in the best/elite of all time.

Beniboybling
Nah, being related to Senya makes him exempt by default.

DarthDuelist9
Arcann is obviously one of the best of all time as well, lmao.

It doesn't matter what you're or mine opinion on this is, if we don't have any conclusive way to determine if he's amongst the best ever than he isn't amongst the best ever.

S_W_LeGenD
Wrong.

Ursumeles

Nephthys
It doesn't matter what you're or mine opinion on this is, if we don't have any conclusive way to determine if he's amongst the best ever than he isn't amongst the best ever.

Lol.

DarthAnt66
You are genuinely retarded.

UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

Azronger
Exar gets a b-itch.

Azronger
On mobile so can't link.

Why not? I use mobile for 99% of the time, including WoT debates.

DarthAnt66
wow, cool kid over here

Azronger
wow, cool kid over here

?

DarthDuelist9

I just prefer to go with feats, accolades and other things that aren't personal opinion's or preferences, you know that's how the world actually works.

DarthAnt66
So, you put Plo Koon and Luminara Unduli above Lord Nyax and UnuThul?

Yeah, that's called retarded.

There's no rule that you need a "one of the best' accolade to be among the best, lmfao.

DarthDuelist9
So, you put Plo Koon and Luminara Unduli above Lord Nyax and UnuThul?

Yeah, that's called retarded.

There's no rule that you need a "one of the best' accolade to be among the best, lmfao.

Not necessarely but it certainly helps and I said conclusive evidence, not only accolades.

SunRazer
That's using absence of evidence as evidence of absence, which is wrong.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
That's using absence of evidence as evidence of absence, which is wrong.

How so? If evidence doesn't exist then why would you ever assume it did.

MythLord
Not the point. The point is just because someone doesn't have a specific accolade or specific feat doesn't mean he suddenly wouldn't be capable of performing that feat, or receiving that accolade.

For example: Lord Nyax, Overlord Shimrra and UnuThul were never credited as "one of the most powerful bla, bla, bla". So does that mean they wouldn't be factored in within that category? Given their performances against Grandmaster Luke of all people, I doubt they wouldn't.

Or how about Lumiya? She lacks TK feats of dominating/overpowering people. Does that mean Zett Jukassa can resist her Force Choke?

ILS
What I think DDuelist is getting at is the movie era is filled with either verifiable "best of all history" candidates or people who by proxy of fighting them are of similar ability. Whereas, TOR doesn't have any of those accolades to begin with.

MythLord
But that doesn't mean Tyranus is a league ahead of Arcann because he was given a quote that would've been given to Arcann is he served within that era, anyways.

SunRazer
In fairness, Juyo can only be learned by the most skilled of Force wielders according to Kreia. Who isn't an encyclopedia per se, although one could argue that she was basically serving as a game manual at that point anyways.

DarthDuelist9
Not the point. The point is just because someone doesn't have a specific accolade or specific feat doesn't mean he suddenly wouldn't be capable of performing that feat, or receiving that accolade.

For example: Lord Nyax, Overlord Shimrra and UnuThul were never credited as "one of the most powerful bla, bla, bla". So does that mean they wouldn't be factored in within that category? Given their performances against Grandmaster Luke of all people, I doubt they wouldn't.

Or how about Lumiya? She lacks TK feats of dominating/overpowering people. Does that mean Zett Jukassa can resist her Force Choke?

Did you read my comment? I said 'conclusive evidence', not just accolades, while those characters would of course being list as one of the best ever because they've fought against the best ever (that's conclusive evidence).

DarthDuelist9
To clarify, I never said that you have to get an "one of the best ever" accolade to belong amongst them, no, I said that there needs to be conclusive evidence to put you amongst the best ever. This could rang from, accolades to feats to power scaling but either way if you have a character that is, through any of the above mentioned methods, listed as "one of the best ever" and you have another character that's, through the same methods, one of the best of his time than who's superior? I think I prefer the first character.

MythLord
That's not really the point. If Arcann is one of the best of his time, then he's immediately to be considered among the best of all time since he's still peaking pretty highly in an era with dozens, if not hundreds, of warriors in a bloodbath war.

The TOR era strives to be OP. Being among the best of them would certainly put Arcann among the best ever. In fact, Arcann's feats and hype should logically place him within that ballpark.

I agree, he's inferior to Tyranus and Vader, but he's in their league.

DarthDuelist9
That's not really the point. If Arcann is one of the best of his time, then he's immediately to be considered among the best of all time since he's still peaking pretty highly in an era with dozens, if not hundreds, of warriors in a bloodbath war.

The TOR era strives to be OP. Being among the best of them would certainly put Arcann among the best ever. In fact, Arcann's feats and hype should logically place him within that ballpark.

I agree, he's inferior to Tyranus and Vader, but he's in their league.

One of the best of a certain period is being amongst the best of all time? That's the same as saying being amongst the best out of a few thousand fighters is the same as being amongst the best of a million fighters, that just doesn't work.

Why would his feats place him amongst them? Because you "feel" he should belong there? Again, assumptions and personal opinion.

MythLord
One of the best of a certain period is being amongst the best of all time? That's the same as saying being amongst the best out of a few thousand fighters is the same as being amongst the best of a million fighters, that just doesn't work.

Well, if you're going to stretch my statement out of context, then yeah, sure. Most of those "millions" come from lesser eras of fighters, or are just flat out fodder. So yeah, him peaking over a thousand semi-decent characters mean he'll peak over a million fodder characters.

Why would his feats place him amongst them? Because you "feel" he should belong there? Again, assumptions and personal opinion.

Because logic exists, maybe? A lot of his feats are deserving to mark him amongst some of the greatest in history. Especially when he's beating someone with a similar accolade.

DarthDuelist9
Well, if you're going to stretch my statement out of context, then yeah, sure. Most of those "millions" come from lesser eras of fighters, or are just flat out fodder. So yeah, him peaking over a thousand semi-decent characters mean he'll peak over a million fodder characters.

Because logic exists, maybe? A lot of his feats are deserving to mark him amongst some of the greatest in history. Especially when he's beating someone with a similar accolade.

How would you know that those other era's are lesser? You single handedly deciding that these "millions" are fodder because, again, you feel so isn't really evidence.

Then I ask you what feats? The Outlander/HoT/... also only has the best of his time accolade so...

DarthAnt66
Revan and Vitiate have them.

DarthDuelist9
Revan and Vitiate have them. [/QUOTE

I think he's more aiming at your average high-ranking Sith or Jedi, there's little doubt that Revan or Vitiate are amongst the best ever.

DarthAnt66
The Hero of Tython being the greatest Jedi of three-hundred years of galactic history places him also among the best in galactic history, lol.

MythLord
How would you know that those other era's are lesser? You single handedly deciding that these "millions" are fodder because, again, you feel so isn't really evidence.

Because comparing nameless characters with accolades, and just nameless characters from other eras with literally nothing to their name(or lack thereof) other than swinging a lightsaber, makes the former look better.

Then I ask you what feats? The Outlander/HoT/... also only has the best of his time accolade so...

His superiority over HoTLander, who has the accolade of being amongst the greatest swordsmen in generations(already marking him ahead of the "just of his time" accolade) as a padawan. The accolade: "one of the best evah!" also isn't really that conclusive. It means you'll do great in any era and you're ahead of it's fodder by a considerable degree... Big deal.

TenebrousWay
Revan and Vitiate have them.

Malgus too. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.