What characters benefited the most from the MCU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In the comics sometimes a character was kept on a backburner, or never had their own compelling set of stories. With the popularity and success of the Marvel Cinamtic universe, what character either previously unknown to films, had films with poor reception, or had mediocre comics that was given a second chance? What did the writers do to make them better?

Insane Titan
Star lord

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Star lord

Great pick.

Also:
- Black Panther
- Black Panther
- Black Panther
- Black Panther
- Black Panther

Also, I'm guessing Spider-Man will see the most benefit in the long run with his reboot from Sony's ASM.

marwash22
Iron Man. obviously.

StiltmanFTW
Iron Man, Star Lord, Drax

Inhuman
- Guardians of the Galaxy

- Coulson. He got his own show and also was made into a comic book character after his movie portrayal.

Edit: Yeah Ironman. Went from a C lister to an A lister

StiltmanFTW
Unsuccessful comic book character, but yeah.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by marwash22
Iron Man. obviously.

I remember an episode of Comic Book Men from 2013 where Kevin Smith is talking to the crew of guys about how Iron Man used to just be "Ol' Shellhead", and had become the face of Marvel. This is probably the best answer: Iron Man went from a character only comic book readers knew to the face of Marvel. It goes to show how much Kevin Fiege and those at Marvel Studios know their craft.

Surtur
Black Widow's titts benefited. Not sure about the rest of her.

playa1258
Iron Man easily.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Surtur
Black Widow's titts benefited. Not sure about the rest of her.

Also her "landing from a hurricanrana on a knee with a backwards hair flip" capabilities certainly improved.

Surtur
She's really good at fighting while also striking a sexy pose every 2.5 seconds.

Plus she was given some kind of motorcycle with glowing wheels and shit. You see we know it's advanced technology because it's glowing.

John Murdoch
She's really good at fighting while also striking a sexy pose every 2.5 seconds.

Plus she was given some kind of motorcycle with glowing wheels and shit. You see we know it's advanced technology because it's glowing.

Do I smell a crossover with Tron universe in the future? stick out tongue

Dr Will Hatch
Captain America too. He was always popular, but after Winter Solider, him and Bucky exploded in fan enthusiasm, which I'm happy for.

Kazenji
Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy with the line up that they burrowed from.

Ascendancy
Black Panther. I knew of him, but never really had any interest until they did such a good job with him in the films.

I never realized that Iron Man wasn't that popular. Used to love the cartoon, though I guess that got canned after only a few seasons.

Still wait and see on Deadpool, but I'm not sure how to gauge him as he started to ramp up a bit with the games from a few years back as well.

Arachnid1
Iron Man

Say what you want, but he WAS B (maybe C) list before his movies. No one would name him as their favorite for damn sure lol (even if they actually knew who he was). Then his first movie put him on the map and he's one of the most popular Marvel characters around now.

Cap also got a lot more respect with his movies. He was big before too, but no one truly took him seriously. He got the treatment and respect someone like him deserves, and this is what we should have gotten with Superman. Instead, we got "MARTHA". FFS

Agreed with John Murdoch on Spiderman seeing the most benefit in the future though. He's been Marvels poster boy for decades, and you better believe they'll do him justice now that he's back home. I'm expecting his movie to even surpass Spiderman 2.1 in terms of quality. Cant fking waiT!

Flyattractor
Everybody > Hulk

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Iron Man

Say what you want, but he WAS B (maybe C) list before his movies. No one would name him as their favorite for damn sure lol (even if they actually knew who he was). Then his first movie put him on the map and he's one of the most popular Marvel characters around now.

Cap also got a lot more respect with his movies. He was big before too, but no one truly took him seriously. He got the treatment and respect someone like him deserves, and this is what we should have gotten with Superman. Instead, we got "MARTHA". FFS

Agreed with John Murdoch on Spiderman seeing the most benefit in the future though. He's been Marvels poster boy for decades, and you better believe they'll do him justice now that he's back home. I'm expecting his movie to even surpass Spiderman 2.1 in terms of quality. Cant fking waiT!

This, pretty much. Cap and Iron Man have gotten a lot more love from fans in recent times, and a big part of that comes down to RDJ and Chris Evans, and the guys steering the MCU.

TethAdamTheRock
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Shield
Coulson
Nick Fury

Surtur
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Also, I'm guessing Spider-Man will see the most benefit in the long run with his reboot from Sony's ASM.

I don't doubt he will benefit, but I wouldn't have him on a list of people who benefited the most. Spider-Man was already popular with people in general, whereas characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy or Black Panther or even Doctor Strange weren't popular with people in general before they were in Marvel films.

TethAdamTheRock
Spiderman will definitely benefit,

TethAdamTheRock
They need to reboot surfer too

Surtur
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Spiderman will definitely benefit,

Yes, I just don't think he will benefit the most.

John Murdoch
I don't doubt he will benefit, but I wouldn't have him on a list of people who benefited the most. Spider-Man was already popular with people in general, whereas characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy or Black Panther or even Doctor Strange weren't popular with people in general before they were in Marvel films.

Agreed on that point about Spider-Man, Surtur. Again, as you and about everyone else have pointed out, it's been quite the feat that Marvel Studios has been able to take unheard of characters and make them household names. Captain America is up there, but making Iron Man up there with Spidey in terms of popularity/being Marvel's poster boy as well as finding massive success with talking trees and raccoons and BP and Dr. Strange is world-building and branding at its finest.

Firefly218
Guardians of the galaxy because nobody knew who they were before mcu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.