Revan Reborn vs Novel Vitiate (with a catch)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Instead of Vitiate being amped, and Revan just being balanced, Revan is now balanced, while Vitiate is hindered.

The LS nexus is just as powerful as the DS Nexus on Dromund Kaas.

UCanShootMyNova
Vitiate stomps.

darthbane77
Had the fight been on an LS Nexus or even ground Revan would have won, so Revan wins.

Jmanghan
He didn't stomp in the Novel, while he was amped, and Revan was at a disadvantage.

"Revan was amped too, Jman." No, he was BALANCED. He is both sides of the force.

Therefore making him balanced.

UCanShootMyNova
He did. A single concentrated blast completely shredded Revan's defenses and incapacitated him. Revan had no disadvantage.

Revan's in turn only pushed Vitiate back.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Vitiate stomps.
lmfao ^

UCanShootMyNova
Anybody who doesn't wank Revan thinks the same Ant.

DarthAnt66
It's not a matter of wanking. Simply recognizing Revan absorbed over 95% of Vitiate's energy is proof of near-parity.

Jmanghan
He did. A single concentrated blast completely shredded Revan's defenses and incapacitated him. Revan had no disadvantage.

Revan's in turn only pushed Vitiate back. He did though.

Both sides of the force, one is amped, one is hindered.

Therefore, balanced, or imbalanced. It depends on how you look at it.

Yeah, and Revan tossed him like a ***** across the room. Vitiate tried to fry him, but caught a lightning bolt to the chest.

On a LS Nexus, Vitiate won't be able to conjure up as much powerful lightning.

DarthAnt66
Without the significant gap between them in space and them being on a light-side nexus, I can see Revan coming close to winning - and perhaps even.

UCanShootMyNova
Then Galen has near parity with Sidious now? And what does it say that Galen did this for a longer period then Revan managed to against Vitiate?

I mean we could try to apply the factors in these comparison to see exactly how they stack up.

Or we could realize that even Vader who'd been previously dominated by Galen was able to defend against a concentrated blast from him while he was likely amped by Oneness without any further visible damage.

Kind of gives you some perspective on how defending against a Force attack doesn't necessitate an equivalent power level.

Regardless if you want to go by that flawed logic I only ask that you apply it to all characters and not just the one's you favor.

DarthAnt66
I've already dismissed the notion that Marek's performance against Palpatine shared similarity with Revan's against Vitiate in another thread.

UCanShootMyNova
Except you didn't... You never responded to the last post in that thread.

I asked you how the lightning Sidious and Galen generated made it through Sidious's own Force defenses if Sidious was holding back. I pointed out that that would either necessitate Galen's power being enough to bridge the gap between lightning he himself was able to defend against ( your proposed scaled back version of Sidious's lightning ) to the point that it was enough to pierce Sidious's force defenses or that it would mean Sidious was using lightning powerful enough to pierce his own defenses in the first place which Galen would have been diminishing to non lethal levels previously.

As I said, you neglected to post a response.

DarthAnt66
Ah, well that's an easy answer. It made it through the defenses because Marek was physically holding onto Palpatine (it circumvented them, basically).

The energy flowed through their bodies, thus limiting Palpatine's ability to unleash his full power against Marek since it would affect him too.

UCanShootMyNova
And yet neither died.

Galen certainly has no reason to spare Sidious and his lightning has already been established to reach far beyond lethal levels so even if you stick to the idea that Sidious was holding back even then the outcome doesn't make any sense unless you take into account Force defenses. I certainly don't need to remind you that Galen entered the Death Star without the hope of survival given his visions, his dialogue with Juno prior and his monologue about his willingness to sacrifice himself as he's engaging with Palpatine.

Not to mention when Galen enacted his final Oneness blast he was still holding onto Palpatine. It's impossible that Palpatine would have survived such an attack with base human durability.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's not a matter of wanking. Simply recognizing Revan failed to absorb any of Vitiate's lighting and instead got punked like a pussy ass b*tch. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

DarthAnt66
And yet neither died.

Galen certainly has no reason to spare Sidious and his lightning has already been established to reach far beyond lethal levels so even if you stick to the idea that Sidious was holding back even then the outcome doesn't make any sense unless you take into account Force defenses.

Not to mention when Galen enacted his final Oneness blast he was still holding onto Palpatine. It's impossible that Palpatine would have survived such an attack with base human durability.
Which emphasizes how weak Palpatine's lightning was.

I don't even know what you're getting at here. Palpatine wasn't using his lightning at full power, and thus they weren't at "far beyond lethal levels."

What version are you citing here? I'll address your point accordingly.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Which emphasizes how weak Palpatine's lightning was.

I don't even know what you're getting at here. Palpatine wasn't using his lightning at full power, and thus they weren't at "far beyond lethal levels."

What version are you citing here? I'll address your point accordingly.

Refer to the following point.

But Galen was.

Pick any version. The damage the Emperor's tower sustained in any of them would obliterate a normal human.

DarthAnt66
Hm?

Hm?

In the video-game, Galen Marek never latches onto Palpatine. However, he jumped in front of Palpatine's lightning when he was torturing Rahm Kota, who he did not kill instantly, so there's no indication Palpatine ramped up his lightning. Since he wasn't latching onto Palpatine, Palpatine could throw up a Force barrier to defend himself against the explosion. In the novelization, it remarks that Galen Marek dropped his defenses (i.e. holding onto Palpatine), thus allowing Palpatine to also summon a Force barrier to protect himself from the Galen Marek explosion.

The_Tempest
Anybody who doesn't wank Revan thinks the same Ant.

Nah, I don't wank Revan.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

TenebrousWay
Revan is legit - and far above Vader cool - but Ant exaggerates a bit..

Deronn_solo
Vitiate, clearly.

UCanShootMyNova
What do you mean "Hm"? Galen's lightning has already shown to reach far beyond lethal levels and he has no reason not to end the Emperor's life. He's already expressed acceptance for his own death and his willingness to sacrifice himself for the Rebels during the lock with Sidious. It makes your "bypassing of Force defenses" theory unworkable and illogical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KTwrU5FFiI 21:05

The explosion goes off as Galen and Sidious's hands touch.

Sidious wasn't torturing Rahm Kota. He had no reason to do so and every reason NOT to do so given he was trying to turn Galen over to his side and torturing a man Galen saw as a mentor and who was the biggest obstacle in his path to actually turning Galen by snapping him out of the trance he'd been in.

Except as I mentioned they did touch in the game. That was the cause of the explosion in that version.

"In the novelization, it remarks that Galen Marek dropped his defenses (i.e. holding onto Palpatine)"

WHAT?!

You think the novel stating he "dropped his defenses" was referencing Galen letting go of Palpatine rather then lowering his Force defenses? This is ridiculous. I am not going to agree or negotiate with you on this. That's absolute blatant twisting of the text to suit your stance. F*ck off Ant.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Nah, I don't wank Revan.

Nephthys
Vitiate, though not easily.

Azronger
Revan stomps.

DarthAnt66
ohshit.jpg

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Azronger
Revan stomps.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Emperordmb
Anyone else notice Ant used to not place that much emphasis on feats, emphasizing more holistic/thematic intent instead, but upon realizing Revan could be wanked to 95% of Vitiate while hindered he did a complete 180 and started putting stock in calcs?

UCanShootMyNova
Yep. I'm fine with him using flawed logic tbh. He should just apply it equally to all characters.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Anyone else notice Ant used to not place that much emphasis on feats, emphasizing more holistic/thematic intent instead, but upon realizing Revan could be wanked to 95% of Vitiate while hindered he did a complete 180 and started putting stock in calcs?
Actually, it's not even dependent on calcs.

Simply reading the text will let you realize Revan turned something infinitely more powerful than ashing someone to just some burns.

The calcs just solidify the obvious, but aren't remotely necessary for the argument.

Azronger
Feats for Vitiate on neutral ground?

Tondemonai
Vitiate. It's not a stomp, but still clearly his win

ILS
F*ck off Ant. This is your safe place. Originally posted by Emperordmb
Anyone else notice Ant used to not place that much emphasis on feats, emphasizing more holistic/thematic intent instead, but upon realizing Revan could be wanked to 95% of Vitiate while hindered he did a complete 180 and started putting stock in calcs? Revan > values. You should do as Ant has and shed your limitations. You have the tools, you need only use them.

http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5207812-2279703178-Bane..PNG

DarthAnt66
https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/73/92/12/wowo10.jpg

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Anyone else notice Ant used to not place that much emphasis on feats, emphasizing more holistic/thematic intent instead, but upon realizing Revan could be wanked to 95% of Vitiate while hindered he did a complete 180 and started putting stock in calcs? Thats... not really Ant's fault, the book clearly implies that Revan was close tl absorbing it, but that Vitiate was simply too powerful.

And it wasn't pure Tutaminis, as he used his saber as well.

UCanShootMyNova
It implies nothing of the sort. He was outright overwhelmed by it. Even I don't try to claim that Galen is a peer of Sidious even though he did even better for far longer. That would be ridiculous.

Jmanghan
It implies nothing of the sort. He was outright overwhelmed by it. Even I don't try to claim that Galen is a peer of Sidious even though he did even better for far longer. That would be ridiculous. Then get the passage and we'll settle this here and now, bucko.

UCanShootMyNova
For whom?

Lord Stark
I mean even in the Novel its fairly clear that Revan, Surik and Scourge could have emerged victorious against Vitiate. Heavily amped Revan has a shot here.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vitiate, though not easily.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I mean even in the Novel its fairly clear that Revan, Surik and Scourge could have emerged victorious against Vitiate. Heavily amped Revan has a shot here. I have no idea why Meetra and Scourge were even there.

They barely did anything except distract the guards.

It was basically Revan vs an amped Vitiate, who did very good, with all things considering.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.