Dropping Defenses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
"In the novelization, it remarks that Galen Marek dropped his defenses (i.e. holding onto Palpatine)" - Ant.

So what do you guys think. Does the novel referencing Marek dropping his defenses refer to him lowering his Force defenses as he puts all his energy towards a final attack or does it refer to him letting go of Palpatine?

TenebrousWay
Either way, it doesn't make sense.

UCanShootMyNova
Why wouldn't it make sense? He put everything he had into that final attack which would include the energy he had been previously using to shield himself from his and Sidious's lightning.

Nephthys
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
So what do you guys think. Does the novel referencing Marek dropping his defenses refer to him lowering his Force defenses to enact an explosion and ultimately sacrificing himself or does it refer to him letting go of Palpatine?

Originally posted by The Force Unleashed
"No!" the apprentice cried, dropping his defenses to strike one last time at the Imperials.

Not sure.... it seems so vague!

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. thumb up

TenebrousWay

UCanShootMyNova
Thank you Tenebrous. I appreciate that you're being unbiased in the matter.

UCanShootMyNova
You too Neph.

Ursumeles
does it refer to him letting go of Palpatine?
Umm....that means...what?

UCanShootMyNova
Releasing Sidious from his grip.

Nephthys
It means Ant's a sore loser.

UCanShootMyNova
Vitiate >>> Revan.

TenebrousWay
I'm totally reliable and unbiased, Synd. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Heh.

Of course. As is everyone on KMC. wink

DarthAnt66
Vitiate >>> Revan.
You seem mad, lol.

Fear not, though. My argument is flexible enough to address even your misconceptions as fact and yet still yield my results. eek!

Regretfully, I'm studying for AP Physics ATM, so I'll get back to you tonight. If I forget, PM the link to remind me / bump the thread. thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
I am. You're not even willing to be universal with your flawed logic.

Do it then. I'm sure it'll be based on the various contradictions throughout the versions.

If you like.

DarthAnt66
You're not even willing to be universal with your flawed logic.
Isn't that the definition of your quote policy, lmfao?

UCanShootMyNova
No.

Quotes that confirm already established information are fine.

Quotes that clear up an area of uncertainty are fine.

Quotes that establish a precedence or create an answer to a question that didn't have one before are fine.

Quotes that contradict established limitations are not.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Isn't that the definition of your quote policy, lmfao?
thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Just be ready to debate. I'll PM you about 8:00 P.M. Pacific time.

DarthAnt66
thumb down PM me tomorrow. PMing me today wouldn't do any good - this test takes absolute precedent and I plan to study for at least ten hours.

TenebrousWay
AP physics is too easy. Ant is tying to find some excuse.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb down PM me tomorrow. PMing me today wouldn't do any good - this test takes absolute precedent and I plan to study for at least ten hours.

12:00 A.M. tomorrow then.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
AP physics is too easy.
It's not that the course is necessarily hard, but I've yet to really look over my notes at all and the test is tomorrow.

I'll have to review all the class problems numerous times over, and then do some additional problems. thumb up

DarthAnt66
12:00 A.M. tomorrow then.
thumb up

Azronger
Marek dropped his defences to unleash all the power he had in him. It's that simple.

UCanShootMyNova
AP physics is too easy. Ant is tying to find some excuse.

Heh. AP physics. What a joke.

*Tries to remember Pythagorean theorem*

TenebrousWay
Heh. AP physics. What a joke.

*Tries to remember Pythagorean theorem*

It's basically HS physics but now some variables that were fixed are now function of something, so you need to use integral calculus to solve.

The fact Ant needs 10 hours of study to master the subject shows his intelectual inferiority among his fellow autists. lmao

Kidding, Ant. laughing

DarthAnt66
It's basically HS physics
I'm in High School...

Or I just really want that 100. wink

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.