Transformers: The Last Knight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Josh Duhamel, Anthony Hopkins, Laura Haddock, Isabella Moner, Stanley Tucci, John Turturro

qLA6cpLwr6A

Patient_Leech
Jesus God Ganesha Buddha Allah Krishna help us all.

Kazenji
I'm sure i'll be checking the movie out

But I'm waiting for them to reboot the movie franchise, As Transformers is great in everything else besides the live action format movies.

BruceSkywalker
looks interesting

ares834
WTF is Hopkins doing in this?

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Jesus God Ganesha Buddha Allah Krishna help us all.

Not even they can help us. Michael Bay is going to kill everything we love and make us watch.

Khazra Reborn
I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by ares834
WTF is Hopkins doing in this?

Its either "I did it for the BIG ASS PAYCHECK" or "Granpa did it for the kids"

....but I am leaning towards the Paycheck one.

Kazenji
Reading something about Bay was pitched a R-Rated Bumblebee movie

erm

Patient_Leech
Well after actually watching the trailer I might admit: with the crapfest that these movies are this one actually looks like it might be the least crappy of the series. But that's not really saying much.

Impediment
Megatron, anyone?

steverules_2
Interested to see why prime is beating the crap out of bumblebee, should be the other way around, are we finally getting that transformer whose a planet?

quanchi112
Still haven't seen it yet. Bay is still there and the other movies were absolute shitfests.

Esau Cairn
this one actually looks like it might be the least crappy of the series. But that's not really saying much.

What makes you say that?

It just felt like the same ol' faces have the save the world all over again.

The only difference seems to be a montage of historical wars.

I mean how many times have we seen BumbleBee injured & "defeated" already?

Impediment
I really hope that isn't Unicron.

steverules_2
Couldn't be anyone else, looks like it's him...sorta

cdtm
Imagine this:

Bay releases footage of humans bonding with robot tech. Fans immediately think "HEADMASTERS!" Everyone's excited, ticket sale break all box office records. And then they see the movie:

"This is Leader 1. Scooter, do you copy?"

jinXed by JaNx
Looks like the same trailer from the last three movies.

steverules_2
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Think you missed out a film

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
What makes you say that?

The trailer looked decent (for a pile of shit, lol). It doesn't look like it would have Shia Labeof going to robot heaven... laughing out loud

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

laughing out loud

TethAdamTheRock
Cool
Might be the best one yet if played right

steverules_2
Bay said it'll be his last, pretty sure he said that with the third film

Anyway there's gonna be a 6th film so be interesting to see who replaces him and if they concentrate on explosions and CGI over a decent story and acting

TethAdamTheRock
The way the trailer looks it looks like we're gonna get the best of both

Already pre ordered it

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

The only difference seems to be a montage of historical wars.

I'm pretty sure that there's going to be some time travel for the Robots.

Ascendancy
I gave up after three. It seems like their formula is just throw as many big names at the camera as possible to fill seats. Hopkins and Tucci? I have to wonder how they got them on board, but I'm sure the payday is good, so can't fault 'em I guess.

Zack M
Last one was the worst one. I don't think it can get any worse than that.,

Kazenji
kXQbUffr8nU

Estacado
Meh....

Kazenji
At least we have the Bumblebee movie to look forward to, With the guy who did Kubo and the Two Strings behind that one.

Patient_Leech
Don't get me wrong, it still looks awful, but if I was a 12-year-old kid I might be into it.

Kazenji
Noticed in that latest trailer, Bay is stealing from Star Wars with those Tie Fighter style ships.

marwash22
It was bad enough when these movies had annoying adults interrupting the robot action, now there are kids involved on some lame ass wannabe 'Super 8'/'Stranger Things' stuff. Also, there seems to be heavy-handed girl power in this.

"Yeah i fight like a girl... don't you?!"

straight cringe.

TethAdamTheRock
Whats the release date?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Whats the release date?

Not that I give a rat's ass when this comes out, but there's this thing called the Internet and it can tell you many fascinating things, like even when big gigantic turd movies are going to be released into theaters...

23 June 2017 (USA)

wakkawakkawakka
Well it can't be worse than the last one right? Also wonder how Michael Bay got Anthony Hopkins in on this.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Cool
Might be the best one yet if played right

That's like saying my last shit was the best one i've ever taken.

Kazenji
Bay's saying there's at least 14 more Transformers stories in development and this current will be his last.......****en hope so, I'll believe that when i see it because he said the 3rd movie was going to be his last film for this franchise too

http://www.superherohype.com/news/394501-michael-bay-says-14-transformers-stories-in-development#WKQ4exYvgPLluKBb.99

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Bay's saying there's at least 14 more Transformers stories in development...

blowup

Kazenji
As long as he's not involved with them then i'll be happy

plus we have the upcoming Bumblebee movie done by the folks who did Kubo and the Two strings.

zhouchunzi
looks interesting
but,i don't like it ,i think batman is better than it

Kazenji
The Last Knight is absolutely Michael Bay's final Transformers movie

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-last-knight-is-absolutely-michael-bay-s-final-transformers-movie-563?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Good, Needs a fresh start these movies.

juggernaut74
So when does the review embargo lift for this?

This comes out tomorrow.

Kazenji
Why do you need the reviews for it?

its bound to be on par with the rest of the movies knowing a place like RT.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why do you need the reviews for it?

its bound to be on par with the rest of the movies knowing a place like RT.

laughing out loud Maybe this one will be the Oscar winner laughing out loud

Lestov16
Don't really care about spoilers for this shit franchise, but, apparently Earth itself is Unicron in this film. WTF?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
Don't really care about spoilers for this shit franchise, but, apparently Earth itself is Unicron in this film. WTF?

Yeah it is....from what i got from the movie, This Unicron isn't like the one 1986 movie. Its more of a weapon to be used against Quintessa who's in control of the dead Cybertron planet

MF DELPH
Watched a terrible cam of this last night. -10/5. At the point where the TRF were bargaining with Megatron and they had the Suicide Squad esque intro for the other Decepticons I cut this bullshit off. I've always hated how Michael Bay made the human military capable of taking on the Cybertronians. It makes these films even more useless.

#nitrozeus

cdtm
Don't want spoilers, so gonna assume everyones talking up what I can only assume is an awesome movie and does justice to the franchise (Unlike the Prime toon! It had Unicron as Earth or something.. Can you imagine? I bet Bay would never do that!)

Patient_Leech
I can't wait not to see this movie.

marwash22
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Watched a terrible cam of this last night.
why would you do that?

At this point in the franchise, the visuals are literally the only reason to watch these movies.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by marwash22
why would you do that?

At this point in the franchise, the visuals are literally the only reason to watch these movies.

True say

BruceSkywalker
just got back form seeing this..

its much better than the previous one.

I liked the idea that Earth is Unicron...

these movies are always entertaining for me which is want from them...

cdtm
Ah, found it:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571842

Try reading this old write up some Something Awful trust fund baby hipster wrote up on the first three movies (Probably while on drugs)

Patient_Leech
It amuses me to read some of the RT quotes... laughing out loud

Kazenji
I know the continuity in these movies isn't that great, But why is Galvatron back as Megatron.

cdtm
I think we were all asking that question.

Did they just drop the "synthetic cybertronian" angle? Megatron was always Megatron, and not Galvatron?

Did the events of Dark of the Moon even count now? Cybertron was pulled in to Earth's orbit, and it didn't turn into a Lovecraftian nightmare.

TheVaultDweller
Saw this. Thought it was garbage. I do have one question though. When Anthony Hopkins' character explains the whole lineage thing, we see a pic of Sam Witwicky, and he goes into how the Witwicky (Witwiccan) line traces directly back to Merlin. But then he also says that Vivian is the last living descendant. So, that should mean Sam Witwicky is dead. If so, at least one positive came out of this film.

playa1258
Holy shit was this film bad.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Saw this. Thought it was garbage. I do have one question though. When Anthony Hopkins' character explains the whole lineage thing, we see a pic of Sam Witwicky, and he goes into how the Witwicky (Witwiccan) line traces directly back to Merlin. But then he also says that Vivian is the last living descendant. So, that should mean Sam Witwicky is dead. If so, at least one positive came out of this film. Originally posted by playa1258
Holy shit was this film bad.

Why do you people give this crap money at the box office? Exercise some restraint, please.

Sable
I dont care what anyone says about these movies, I love them for what they are and always will. This movie was great, can't wait until we see Unicron in the next film.

steverules_2
Unicron is earth...**** sake...

http://ohn1.slausworks.netdna-cdn.com/newohnblog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/prime_facepalm.jpg

Sable
Actually, he's much more then that. He's basically the Galactus of the transformers universe. He is planet sized Robot searching for other worlds. He can transform into a large planet, and is basically the god of chaos in this verse and can devour entire realities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicron

TheVaultDweller
Why do you people give this crap money at the box office? Exercise some restraint, please.

A friend paid for my ticket to get me to go with them. Because I told them it would be crap. And it was.

mehedi067
this movie is action well.

Kazenji
hBlF1FFRJ5M

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
A friend paid for my ticket to get me to go with them. Because I told them it would be crap. And it was.
That's a friend not worth having. thumb down

Sable
I loved this movie, Prime always delivers.

Kazenji
I know its not going to change but how about Transformers movie where it focus's only on the robots.

jackjohn
I watch this movie last night. Amazing movie. It si the best among all previous movies on the series.

carthage
Has this POS been considered a bomb yet?

cdtm
Originally posted by steverules_2
Unicron is earth...**** sake...

http://ohn1.slausworks.netdna-cdn.com/newohnblog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/prime_facepalm.jpg

Prime did it first.

nfactor1995
This movie was incredibly disappointing for me. Not nearly enough scenes with Quintessa and evil Optimus, so him turning evil and turning back to being good held no weight. The overall plot of the movie went WAY too slowly, they dragged out a plotline that didn't need to be nearly that long (the whole spear and Witwicky thing). There weren't any good fight scenes at all IMO (Bumblebee vs Optimus was ok, but tbh Bumblebee shouldn't have been able to fight Optimus that well given the power levels established from previous movies).

Overall, the most interesting part of the movie was the Quintessa scenes, and she was only on screen for like 2 min. That was the whole purpose for this movie existing, it was supposed to be the big plot driver, and it was relegated almost completely to the sidelines until the underwhelming finale.

prabhash.s
Have not gone to watch as the review and the IMDB rating was not good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.