How powerful is DD Quinlan Vos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dread Dark
What tier would he be in the force and sabers?

Who would be able to beat him?

Who would he be able to beat?

Darth Thor
Probably SOD Maul/ROTS Kenobi level.

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku level + in augmentation. Likely lower in offensive/defensive force capabilities.

The Merchant
Invisible hand Anakin level.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Merchant
WTF

Darth Abonis
Above Obi-Wan, as he was able to disarm Dooku, and Kenobi always comes out bad with Dooku. Heres the canon hierarchy of Jedi in terms of power

Anakin
Yoda
Mace Windu
Quinlan Vos
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Kit Fisto

Deronn_solo
I doubt Vos is above Obi-Wan, his win over Dooku, strikes me more as a form of a "stylistic" advantage more than anything else.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The Merchant

Sounds about right.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I doubt Vos is above Obi-Wan, if strikes me more as a form of, "stylistic" advantage more than anything else.

Lmao.

DD Vos vs Obi Wan. Let's go.

Deronn_solo
Umm, nah.

I didn't actually read DD, as my info comes from the what's stated here, and CV. I'm not gonna debate blindly.

UCanShootMyNova
How dies it "strike" you as more a stylistic advantage if you haven't even read the passages in question...

Deronn_solo
No. I read the passage, but not the book.

lmao.

UCanShootMyNova
I think you should probably read the book to have full context before commenting tbh.

Deronn_solo
DD was pretty terrible, so nah.

I don't actually care if I'm wrong in my assumption, and I'd be happy if I was educated on the proper context.

UCanShootMyNova
I think it's pretty clear that Vos had shed his limitatons by that point. :P

But being completely honest it seems like he underwent a power growth of some kind given his... less then stellar performance against Dooku prior in the novel.

AncientPower
You're lecturing Deronn for not reading Dark Disciple before debating Quinlan Vos, when just yesterday you were debating against The Lost Jedi and admitted to never having played Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords?

This is gold.

Kurk
Even though I personally believe Golden completely low-balled and humiliated Dooku in that book (being captured by Bossk comes to mind), I'd put Quinlan Vos when drawing from dark energy somewhere above Obi wan and below Windu in terms of force power. Saber wise I have him at Ventress level skill-wise and Savage level combat effectiveness.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by AncientPower
You're lecturing Deronn for not reading Dark Disciple before debating Quinlan Vos, when just yesterday you were debating against The Lost Jedi and admitted to never having played Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords?

This is gold.

He was assuming the advantage Vos had was stylistic without broader context. I simply stated what the Inquisitors best feats were and that the Exile's companions would need better to logically defeat them.

The difference is pretty clear.

|King Joker|
Vos > Kenobi.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Total Warrior
I'd say around Dooku's level, or even stronger. After all he was confident enough that he thought he could take on Dooku's master alone. Granted that he had no idea Sidious was so powerful, he knew that he would have been stronger than his apprentice for sure, so he needed to be at least stronger than the count to even hope to have a chance against him. Maybe when Touching Darkness will be released next week we will have a better understanding of his abilities

Ursumeles
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Vos > Ahsoka.
thumb up

MythLord
Originally posted by Total Warrior
I'd say around Dooku's level, or even stronger. After all he was confident enough that he thought he could take on Dooku's master alone. Granted that he had no idea Sidious was so powerful, he knew that he would have been stronger than his apprentice for sure, so he needed to be at least stronger than the count to even hope to have a chance against him. Maybe when Touching Darkness will be released next week we will have a better understanding of his abilities

Just because he thought he can take a person he had no knowledge on, doesn't mean he's better than someone who danced around him, lmao.

Beniboybling
Maul/Ahsoka level.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Maul/Ahsoka level.

So < Kenobi thumb up

Beniboybling
no

He'd still lose a duel tho.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
no

You contradict yourself phag.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by MythLord
Just because he thought he can take a person he had no knowledge on, doesn't mean he's better than someone who danced around him, lmao. wait, it was Vos who was stated to dance around the count during their duel. Aniway, if You have just faced a person, and You are now going to face another person whom You have no knowledge on, but You know he/she is likely stronger than the former person, and You feel confident enough to take on said person, then it makes sense that you are stronger than the first person You faced. Agreed?

cs_zoltan
You mean how Dooku thought he's more powerful than Yoda? Yeah I'm not gona take dark siders opinion of themselves seriously.

Darth Thor
wait, it was Vos who was stated to dance around the count during their duel. Aniway, if You have just faced a person, and You are now going to face another person whom You have no knowledge on, but You know he/she is likely stronger than the former person, and You feel confident enough to take on said person, then it makes sense that you are stronger than the first person You faced. Agreed?

Except The Darkside does delude people into thinking they're all powerful. Especially those relatively new to the dark side. The jump Anakin made towards Obi-Wan comes to mind.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Ursumeles
thumb up thumb up

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
So < Kenobi thumb up http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/82fc5520d195628ee236a49076bcb73e.gif

cs_zoltan
There's no need to be upset Joker, Assoka is still moderately competent.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Except The Darkside does delude people into thinking they're all powerful. Especially those relatively new to the dark side. The jump Anakin made towards Obi-Wan comes to mind. Sigh, You are right. I still think he 's around Dooku's, or Kenobi's level, so high tier 8, low tier 9 material

|King Joker|
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
There's no need to be upset Joker, Assoka is still moderately competent. can't say the same for kenobi

Ursumeles
can't say the same for kenobi
Yes, he is more than "moderately" competent.

|King Joker|
youre so boring, you know i meant the opposite you ****

Ursumeles
Secretly you want to say:
I love you

Darth Thor
Sigh, You are right. I still think he 's around Dooku's, or Kenobi's level, so high tier 8, low tier 9 material

I wouldn't put him in tier 9 tbh. That tier is for the super elite.

UCanShootMyNova
You don't think defeating Dooku would constitute such a ranking?

MythLord
wait, it was Vos who was stated to dance around the count during their duel. Aniway, if You have just faced a person, and You are now going to face another person whom You have no knowledge on, but You know he/she is likely stronger than the former person, and You feel confident enough to take on said person, then it makes sense that you are stronger than the first person You faced. Agreed?

No, Dooku was dancing around Vos and Asajj when they faced him together. Only when Quin gets enraged -- which is a significant amp -- does he actually proceed to defeat Tyranus.

Quinlan commenting on someone he has no knowledge on has absolutely zero to do with where he stands in relation to Dooku, and using that as proof he's ahead of Tyranus is cancer.

|King Joker|
Only when Quin gets enraged -- which is a significant amp -- does he actually proceed to defeat Tyranus. Are you talking about the Raxus fight or the one on the Separatist warship?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
You don't think defeating Dooku would constitute such a ranking?

The ranking is for Sabers only. Anakin overpowered Dooku in Sabers in TCW, but he clearly wasn't a match for Yoda or Sidious in yet.

Yes, Yoda/Sidious is the kind of super elite I'm talking about when it comes to Level 9's.

Even Mace has recently been said by Gillard to be on the border of Levels 8 & 9, so not a flat out 9 like Yoda and Palpatine.

MythLord
Are you talking about the Raxus fight or the one on the Separatist warship?

I think both are with Quin being angry. Or he's angry in one, but the other is godawfully written... Pick a side, I guess.

|King Joker|
I think both are with Quin being angry. Or he's angry in one, but the other is godawfully written... Pick a side, I guess. Yeah, during the Raxus fight Vos is angry, and then in the second 1v1 without Asajj on the warship there's the "Dooku overextends" crap (but I don't recall Vos having a rage-amp during the second fight).

UCanShootMyNova
He doesn't. Wolf just doesn't like the fact that Dooku was beaten.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Darth Thor
The ranking is for Sabers only. Anakin overpowered Dooku in Sabers in TCW, but he clearly wasn't a match for Yoda or Sidious in yet.

He's clearly not a match for them at any point in his life.

MythLord
Yeah, during the Raxus fight Vos is angry, and then in the second 1v1 without Asajj on the warship there's the "Dooku overextends" crap (but I don't recall Vos having a rage-amp during the second fight).

He's obviously fighting on a higher level than usual since just days prior he got danced around by Tyranus.

|King Joker|
He's obviously fighting on a higher level than usual since just days prior he got danced around by Tyranus. Raxus was months prior, IIRC.

MythLord
Raxus was months prior, IIRC.

Was it? mmm

Christie does a poor job of letting the time fly by, then... The entire battle either way is written awfully and it even rivals rage!Anakin's performance.

|King Joker|
Yeah, there's several months between Vos getting captured on Raxus and Vos confronting Dooku on the warship.

DD is horrible, yeah.

Total Warrior
Was it? mmm

Christie does a poor job of letting the time fly by, then... The entire battle either way is written awfully and it even rivals rage!Anakin's performance. Between the battle on Raxus and Assajj's rescue mission there is a 10 days gap, then we are told that Ventress is contacted by the Jedi order 1 month after this event. This is the last temporal coordinate we are given, however we know in the meantime Vos not only became Dooku's dark disciple, but also an (in)famous separatist general who scorred so many victories to draw the republic's attention and interest and became a priority target. Doubt he could achieve so much in a few days, so at least some months between the two duels seems a good estimate, but as far as we know it could be 1 year too (sounds a bit too much to me, but still, there is nothing that contradicts it). The only thing we know for sure is that it happened at least more than 1 month and 10 days later.

Jmanghan
NORMAL Vos in DD is around Ventress level.

AMPED DD Vos is above Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.