Mary Marvel Vs Angela

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/bc/f7/cd/bcf7cdc93befb2bf8f5f339bd9eb2dda.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/99/b7/af/99b7af3d06cfdee7def7309ea4fc037e.jpg

zopzop
D-Lister vs A-Lister. Angela ftw.

basilisk
Angela is a C-lister at best (character, not powerwise).

Mary defeats her with her optimism, positive outlook, and cheery disposition.

krisblaze
More people know about mary marvel than angela.

abhilegend
Bigger boobs FTW.

riv6672
Intetesting debate criterias. laughing

Flyattractor
How does Spawn Angela stack up vs Thor Angela?

And this is just a case of Ho Vs Girl Next Door.

And since this is KMC Rules Mary is bloodlusted and not holding back. Mary puts the ***** DOWN!!

zopzop
Originally posted by krisblaze
More people know about mary marvel than angela.
I meant in terms of the way their respective companies treat them. Angela is an A-Lister, Mary (and the other Marvels) are D-Listers.

riv6672
Thats pretty harsh.

zopzop
Originally posted by riv6672
Thats pretty harsh.
But it's true. She had ONE good showing (vs Captain Atom) ever. It's been nothing but downhill since.

riv6672
But she's so cute, though!

zopzop
But she's so cute, though!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Final-crisis-3-interior-mary-marvel-2008.jpg
Yeah very cherub like! wink

In all seriousness, she was amped off her ass there and STILL lost to Wonder Woman.

leonidas
angela is likely just too brutal. stat wise it should be pretty close though. mary COULD take a couple if she unleashes fully--which she almost never ever does...

riv6672
Which is why i used the cute version! stick out tongue

Flyattractor
Originally posted by zopzop
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0a/Final-crisis-3-interior-mary-marvel-2008.jpg

In all seriousness, she was amped off her ass there and STILL lost to Wonder Woman.

Yeah but that is just DC pushing Wondie because they think people give a shit about Wondie.

And Angela is NO Wonder Woman.

Sin I AM
I meant in terms of the way their respective companies treat them. Angela is an A-Lister, Mary (and the other Marvels) are D-Listers.

Angela is not an Alister or even treated as such. I agree with everything else

riv6672
^^^Yeah, she (Angela) hasn't seemed that way to me either.

leonidas
and it's a strawman anyway--by that reasoning, cap would beat the phuck out of mary too....

riv6672
^^^I know, but, given the initial handful of responses, no one was going to debate the fight seriously.

krisblaze
Disagree with this assessment.

NoctisOwen
I don't think top cow character really stack up to dc or marvel
there was a crossover where superman easily owned the darkness, granted darkness did became much more powerful in later years

Sin I AM
Whos in top cow?

basilisk
^^^Yeah, she (Angela) hasn't seemed that way to me either. Me neither. I think C-Lister is being generous.

But Angela is certainly vicious, so in all seriousness Mary would have to really go all out to stand a chance.

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Whos in top cow?
Haha, nooice! thumb up

cdtm

Worse yet, Supergirl had the upper hand their entire match.

And she's the jobber of the super family.

TheHulkster
Marvel is confused as how to handle Angela, but they seem to desire making her an A - Lister.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Marvel is confused as how to handle Angela, but they seem to desire making her an A - Lister.

Eh. They just wanna rub McFarlane's nose in it.

NoctisOwen
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Whos in top cow?

no one here, I confused Angela with Angelus

celeyhyga17
Goin wit the angel.

StyleTime
The Mary Marvel vs WW instance can't really be held against her. Mary was being controlled by Desaad and lost her mind. It's hard to tell how much of an amp she really had, if she even still had the same one from earlier.

When she was lucid, she did this to Kyle + Donna. Make a thread with WW vs Kyle and many would argue for a good match. Mary straight up aced him and Donna. She alluded to taking out Vixen and the JLA'ers too, but it was off panel.

http://postimg.org/image/ia5imyy41/

As for the fight, I could see Mary winning. She's hilarious when written properly, but she's shown big power in the past. And, it was stated she may be equal to Black Adam when serious. shifty

zopzop
Originally posted by StyleTime
The Mary Marvel vs WW instance can't really be held against her. Mary was being controlled by Desaad and lost her mind. It's hard to tell how much of an amp she really had, if she even still had the same one from earlier.

When she was lucid, she did this to Kyle + Donna. Make a thread with WW vs Kyle and many would argue for a good match. Mary straight up aced him and Donna. She alluded to taking out Vixen and the JLA'ers too, but it was off panel.

http://postimg.org/image/ia5imyy41/

As for the fight, I could see Mary winning. She's hilarious when written properly, but she's shown big power in the past. And, it was stated she may be equal to Black Adam when serious. shifty
Again, she's amped there isn't she?

StyleTime
Again, she's amped there isn't she?
Yeah, she was. I just don't think either instance will affect this match any. /shrug
Originally posted by cdtm
Worse yet, Supergirl had the upper hand their entire match.

And she's the jobber of the super family.
When does Supergirl job?

And Mary is too adorable to lose.

https://postimg.org/image/bnfcgqtbx/
https://postimg.org/image/t1zkp0qgt/
https://postimg.org/image/jildn88kv/

Ya haters.

krisblaze
You can almost see up her skirt in countdown.

cdtm
Yeah, she was. I just don't think either instance will affect this match any. /shrug

When does Supergirl job?

Well, there's Equus in Countdown. And Wonder Woman handles her way too easily..

I suppose jobbing isn't the word, but she's rarely been on Supermans level. She can't handle characters he can, usually. I'd even say Superboy gets more play at the upper end.

Power Girl kind of has the same problem. Black Adam just swatted her down on about three occasions, and she gets Worfed (See Worf Effect) more often then not.

Think I got a cavity looking at that. 'Cause sweet.

Stoic
Originally posted by NoctisOwen
I don't think top cow character really stack up to dc or marvel
there was a crossover where superman easily owned the darkness, granted darkness did became much more powerful in later years

Top Cow is Marc Sylvestri. I think that you're thinking about McFarlane? Angela is a McFarlane character. Angela is too vicious, which is why she's going to win aside from her extreme skill edge. This isn't a contest it's a slaughter.

riv6672
Actually she's not, which is how she wound up at Marvel.

Stoic
Actually she's not, which is how she wound up at Marvel.

Gaiman and McFarlane. I have multiple copies of her first appearance, so what you plucked isn't news to me. I just went with the more known or popular comic book creator, after all, most people know who Todd McFarlane is because of Spawn. All the same Mary doesn't have a chance against Angela, she's too vicious with the skills at her disposal. This fight shouldn't actually last very long.

riv6672
So you'd rather go with the so called more popular creator than than the correct one when doling out precious comic book knowledge.

Got it.

smile

Stoic
So you'd rather go with the so called more popular creator than than the correct one when doling out precious comic book knowledge.

Got it.

smile

Who cares about the pedantic nature of the creators? I really don't, and I did read that article when it came out that Angela was going to become a Marvel character (terrible idea BTW) Todd put in a mess load of work on the character, and aside from a court ruling, he had 50% say on the direction of the character's early years, but whatever. Angela still wins.

riv6672
So screw being correct.

Got it.

smile

cdtm
McFarlane's kind of a hypocrite about Angela.

Medievil Spawn is murkier. Would you give a writer rights to every knockoff Hellspawn in the crowd during their run?

Hell, Gaiman did a lot to build the mythology. Shouldn't that means he OWNS Spawn, since "errant knight" Spawn simply builds off that mythology?

Not like we're talking something that could stand on it's own, like Deaths Head to Transformers..

Stoic
McFarlane's kind of a hypocrite about Angela.

Medievil Spawn is murkier. Would you give a writer rights to every knockoff Hellspawn in the crowd during their run?

Hell, Gaiman did a lot to build the mythology. Shouldn't that means he OWNS Spawn, since "errant knight" Spawn simply builds off that mythology?

Not like we're talking something that could stand on it's own, like Deaths Head to Transformers..

They both put in work, which is why no one should care about the creative talents that went into the canon.

riv6672
And yet you're the one omitting Gaiman then defensively saying it doesnt matter but it does matter because both put in the work but who cares because of creators being pedantic...

http://alopex.informe.com/forum/images/smiles/cjerk.gif

Imma let this go as i'm not gonna abuse you any more than you have yourself.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Stoic
They both put in work, which is why no one should care about the creative talents that went into the canon.

Yeah tell that to the lawyers that made millions off of that deal.

StyleTime
You can almost see up her skirt in countdown.
Booster Gold approves.
Well, there's Equus in Countdown. And Wonder Woman handles her way too easily..

I suppose jobbing isn't the word, but she's rarely been on Supermans level. She can't handle characters he can, usually. I'd even say Superboy gets more play at the upper end.
She had Equus dead to rights after one freeze breath attack. She just held back because she didn't know his powers. Similar to Superman, Equus was only a "threat" when they held back.

Well, Superman and Wonder Woman are top dawg types. Kara is usually presented as next in line though. She did fill in for Superman on the JLA and went even with Ultraman. And, it was first appearance shenanigans, but Kara punked the whole JLA. As for Superboy, Kara broke his jaw when they met.

Mostly, I wanted to address the logic that it somehow equates to an Angela victory. It doesn't. Supes/WW/Kara would all beat Angela.
Think I got a cavity looking at that. 'Cause sweet.
thumb up She is a sweetie pie.

Stoic
Booster Gold approves.

She had Equus dead to rights after one freeze breath attack. She just held back because she didn't know his powers. Similar to Superman, Equus was only a "threat" when they held back.

Well, Superman and Wonder Woman are top dawg types. Kara is usually presented as next in line though. She did fill in for Superman on the JLA and went even with Ultraman. And, it was first appearance shenanigans, but Kara punked the whole JLA. As for Superboy, Kara broke his jaw when they met.

Mostly, I wanted to address the logic that it somehow equates to an Angela victory. It doesn't. Supes/WW/Kara would all beat Angela.

thumb up She is a sweetie pie.

How is Kara beating Angela? I highly doubt it, and Wonder Woman would have her hands full with her. Why pretend that Kara is a top notch combatant in terms of MA skill? She isn't. Aside from that, why are you bringing up characters that don't share Mary's abilities? That would be like me bringing Thor into this.

StyleTime
Kara doesn't have to be a top tier martial artist to beat Angela. She's got a versatility edge(that's what shut down Equus and gave Mary trouble), and I'd argue is physically superior.

I brought them up because people were comparing Mary to them, as if Angela were interchangeable with those folks.

riv6672
ABC logic.

zopzop
ABC logic.
Easy as 123.

riv6672
Do re mi.

StyleTime
ABC logic.
That's what I was addressing. Not using myself. People were acting like WW being above Mary meant Angela was too.

That said, it can be useful when combatants are comparable. I don't think Angela is equal to Diana(or Kara) though, so I disagree with its use here.

riv6672
Oh i was agreeing with you; you laid it out nice!

StyleTime
Oh, well then. Great minds. thumb up

Stoic
Oh, well then. Great minds. thumb up

Arguing power set won't get you far around here. Character, and combat ability are the main reasons why Angela would cut her head off and it wouldn't be long before it happened either. Like I said, this isn't a contest, it's a slaughter. Keep pretending that the neophytes have a chance against seasoned warriors if you want to, but being powerful doesn't win matches nearly as often as skill does. Not to mention that Angela is a very powerful character in her own right.

StyleTime
I wasn't arguing powerset only, and just said I could see Mary winning. Forum rules dictate she's fighting seriously, so it's not completely out of the question. Her Mickey Mouse personality might make her hold back at the wrong times, so I don't have a problem with Angela taking it though.

Unless you were talking about Kara, which still wasn't just a powerset issue. She's actually done those things. That's for a different thread I suppose though.

Sin I AM
What has Angela done to suggest she hangs with WW? Even at height id give Diana the nod

Stoic
I wasn't arguing powerset only, and just said I could see Mary winning. Forum rules dictate she's fighting seriously, so it's not completely out of the question. Her Mickey Mouse personality might make her hold back at the wrong times, so I don't have a problem with Angela taking it though.

Unless you were talking about Kara, which still wasn't just a powerset issue. She's actually done those things. That's for a different thread I suppose though.

Kara has nothing to do with this. I didn't bring her into this, and I'm not pursuing that issue, although we all saw how well she does against an opponent that has more combat skill than she does. Again, Kara isn't in this.

Mary fighting seriously isn't going to get her the win here over a character as skilled as they come. Angela and Mary in character serious or not isn't a contest. Angela kills her quickly, or decides to give her a lesson in combat. Either way Mary isn't coming out of this the winner. She simply has never been portrayed as much more than bush league, and I'm not saying that to be mean, but she's a side kick that will often need saving from the big dogs.

zopzop
Do re mi.
laughing thumb up

krisblaze
Angela hasn't done one thing to put her on par with WW or Supergirl no expression

riv6672
Agreed.

krisblaze
Not to say that she is featless, but I would put her around Ronan's level I think.

riv6672
Not a bad assessment.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Stoic
Kara has nothing to do with this. I didn't bring her into this, and I'm not pursuing that issue, although we all saw how well she does against an opponent that has more combat skill than she does. Again, Kara isn't in this.

Mary fighting seriously isn't going to get her the win here over a character as skilled as they come. Angela and Mary in character serious or not isn't a contest. Angela kills her quickly, or decides to give her a lesson in combat. Either way Mary isn't coming out of this the winner. She simply has never been portrayed as much more than bush league, and I'm not saying that to be mean, but she's a side kick that will often need saving from the big dogs.
We need a Kara vs Angela thread. I'm genuinely curious about this opponent, and the rest of your argument, but don't want to derail this.

I've nothing else to add on Mary/Angela. She mollywhopped Captain Atom, granted CIS was off, so I'm just under the impression a serious Mary packs a punch, especially if not power sharing. Like I said, I don't have a problem with the idea of Angela taking it though.
Angela hasn't done one thing to put her on par with WW or Supergirl no expression
I concur.

riv6672
Dont think i'll use Angela again in the near future. stick out tongue

basilisk
Dont think i'll use Angela again in the near future. stick out tongue She is kind of lame.

riv6672
^^^Well, she's part MacFarlane, so yeah. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.