KOTFE/KOTET Secrets Explained!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/5h8r99/spoilers_some_enlightening_tweets_from_hall_hood/

Nephthys
"Lemme tell ya, of all the whoppers you've been told by Valkorion and his agents, the one about the only killing the Voice is the biggest. The Emperor was all but destroyed by the Hero of Tython on Dromund Kaas. That's why he needed to be "reborn" by consuming all life on Ziost. Bringing himself back from the brink is what changed Vitiate's thinking from "destroy everything" to "force order on the galaxy."

uj3uwtePJ08

I accept all your concessions from years ago. Hero of Tython's the best. I win.

AncientPower
I wonder if those comments are ever actually going to understand the he CAN body swap, but his mind can only ever fully direct one Voice at a time. The Vods of the Emperor was trapped by Sel-Makor, so he couldn't just leave. The Wrath killing the Voss was necessary so he can more easily return to the True Voice of the Emperor, on Dromund Kaas.

Nephthys
The comments are full of butthurt idiots, yeah.

But as the guy says, the HoT didn't just kill a Voice. That was just a lie to stop the Wrath from turning on them. That was Vitiate's real body (that and Valkorion).

DarthAnt66
He didn't kill his original body.

The Voice killed on Kaas was human, not Sith.

AP pointed out the original body was on Yavin.

Nephthys
I wasn't aware AP worked for Bioware?

You just posted a lead writer flat out saying that the statement about the Hero only killing the Voice was a lie.

"Lemme tell ya, of all the whoppers you've been told by Valkorion and his agents, the one about the only killing the Voice is the biggest."

(whopper means lie)

DarthAnt66
I think he meant that the killing of the Voice was more significant than Vitiate acted like.

The being he killed on Kaas was factually human though. It wasn't the one Revan fought.

Nephthys

Beniboybling
Hall Hood hinted that this may not be the first time the Emperor has died yeah.

And naturally if he has another body in the wings he hasn't been all but destroyed.

DarthAnt66
I agree it was his main, but my point was it wasn't his original.

AncientPower
His original body and his True Voice are two different things. erm

DarthAnt66
I didn't contest that.

AncientPower
It wasn't aimed toward you.

Zenwolf
Disappointed no questions of how big the EF is. <<

Nephthys
Originally posted by AncientPower
His original body and his True Voice are two different things. erm

I don't know exactly what you mean, or how exactly this "True Voice" you've invented differs from the fact that it was his main body.

Nor where you got your idea that his original body was on Yavin.

AncientPower
I'm surprised you aren't going insane over Iokath tbh Zen.

AncientPower
He's literally called that. laughing out loud

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/51IrE2MK118/maxresdefault.jpg

Nephthys
Did you not read the part where that was the biggest lie Vitiate and his agents ever told?

AncientPower
Did you not read the part where he doesn't really imply that whatsoever? His True Voice dying was a massive blow after losing his Voss. Which is why his body was moved by the Imperial Guard to the Temple on Yavin IV, that he himself in his true body went and scouted out as a place to resurrect should he ever die.

Zenwolf
I'm surprised you aren't going insane over Iokath tbh Zen.

?

Beniboybling
It wasn't the Voice lol, Hood explictly said as much, and slapping the word "true" in front doesn't make it any less incorrect.

AncientPower
A Dysonsphere created around a dwarf Sun, stated to be absolutely insurmountable and capable of sustaining an entire civilisation whilst being the greatest technological achievement in history, according to Charles Boyd.

Zenwolf
Edit: Oh I remember now, eh it's fine whatever. Don't know why you think I'd go insane over it though.

Nephthys
Did you not read the part where he doesn't really imply that whatsoever?

He directly says it.

And I can't not read something someone doesn't say, lol.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
It wasn't the Voice lol, Hood explictly said as much, and slapping the word "true" in front doesn't make it any less incorrect.

Beniboybling
A Dysonsphere created around a dwarf Sun, stated to be absolutely insurmountable and capable of sustaining an entire civilisation whilst being the greatest technological achievement in history, according to Charles Boyd. That clears things up, thanks.

ares834
That clears things up, thanks.

laughing out loud

Nephthys
That clears things up, thanks.

AP's talking to Zen.

AncientPower
I'm referring to this:

https://swtorfiles.jedipedia.net/codex/500/cdx.planets.kotet.iokath.png

Zenwolf
Ok great, it's fine...moving on. In the weird grand scheme of it all, it doesn't really matter. BW's just writing *** at this point, not taking into account timeframe where it's illogical for something like that to actually be there. Which makes sense, since Legends got the ax, so they can just write whatever.

AncientPower
It's over three thousand years old and is the birth place of all the technology theEternal Empire uses.

Zenwolf
It's over three thousand years old and is the birth place of all the technology theEternal Empire uses.

Not the dang point, the point is it's there yes....and for some reason over the course of thousands and thousands of years after SWTOR, no one and I do mean no one has ever discovered it, no records about it shown...nothing at all...which I'm pretty sure records of it would be kept.

Nothing indication that there's a place in the galaxy where there's a place surrounded a star due to its technology and is drawing energy from the star.

This would be a pretty big discovery that wouldn't just get lost because...

AncientPower
You realise you can't find it unless you know exactly where to look.

DarthAnt66
Zen in denial lol

Zenwolf
You realise you can't find it unless you know exactly where to look.

Or having records...because the Alliance seemed to know where it was when they got back to their base and was wanting to send scout ships and the like to investigate it further. So records of location along with whatever else, would be recorded.

AncientPower
They found it via SCORPIO, furthermore, this is far from the first time something has been lost or erased.

Zenwolf
They found it via SCORPIO, furthermore, this is far from the first time something has been lost or erased.

Ya but nothing of this magnitude like that has ever been lost. I really doubt such a huge discovery would just go missing, plus even then were suppose to believe that from TOR all the way up to the NJO era and beyond, that this thing wasn't re-discovered again with all the exploration? Ya sorry but I can't buy that crap.

AncientPower
Given how SCORPIO can do precisely that, and furthermore, is part of the sphere, then it's certainly a possibility.

Zenwolf
Yet she clearly didn't do that since the Alliance was able to go back there, having the coordinates and everything else.

But anyway we're trailing off here, it's a nice thing sure but I dunno why you'd say I go insane about it. I don't really go and blow stuff out of proportion and say LOOK AT THIS! LOOK AT THIS! Like a few users do..

AncientPower
I'm referring to after the fact, furthermore it can't be rediscovered because it doesn't appear on long-range sensors.

Zenwolf
I'm referring to after the fact, furthermore it can't be rediscovered because it doesn't appear on long-range sensors.

I'm pretty sure at some point a ship would have traveled far enough to see it. It doesn't appear on long-range sensors, alright fine, but that doesn't exclude it from being discovered entirely, it just makes it harder.

Now if you're meaning the thing moved, then sure yeah, I could buy that. But if it's in a fixed location....that I'm not sure.

DarthAnt66
Who's to say it was still there during the GE?

It could have easily been destroyed in a droid civil war.

The civilization canonically existed, lmfao. Get over it, Zen.

ares834
It's just shit writing. No real surprise coming from SWTOR. No reason to overthink it.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Who's to say it was still there during the GE?

It could have easily been destroyed in a droid civil war.

The civilization canonically existed, lmfao. Get over it, Zen.

I never said it didn't exist.

The_Tempest
So the lackluster performance of Vitiate on Dromund Kaas really does belong to him. Ok. I like it.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Nephthys
"Lemme tell ya, of all the whoppers you've been told by Valkorion and his agents, the one about the only killing the Voice is the biggest. The Emperor was all but destroyed by the Hero of Tython on Dromund Kaas. That's why he needed to be "reborn" by consuming all life on Ziost. Bringing himself back from the brink is what changed Vitiate's thinking from "destroy everything" to "force order on the galaxy."

uj3uwtePJ08

I accept all your concessions from years ago. Hero of Tython's the best. I win. http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/649/043/d74.gif

Trocity
Originally posted by The_Tempest
So the lackluster performance of Vitiate on Dromund Kaas really does belong to him. Ok. I like it.

Palpatine remains the one true Emperor, yes.

NewGuy01
Anyone want to explain how Iokath's fleet ended up in Valkorion's possession/control?

Geistalt
Valkorion either did it all by himself or under the possession of Vitiate.

That's all there is to it.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
So the lackluster performance of Vitiate on Dromund Kaas really does belong to him. Ok. I like it. Same as the one given by him using Master Surro on Ziost.

NewGuy01

I accept all your concessions from years ago. Hero of Tython's the best. I win.

Just realized that this is the exact opposite of Krayt's situation.

Geistalt
Which is why Krayt's one of my favorite Sith.
The Emperor was all but destroyed by the Hero of Tython on Dromund Kaas. That's why he needed to be "reborn" by consuming all life on Ziost. Layman's terms: He needs those lives because he's a coward.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.