Inquisitors (Rebels) run the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QuakeBlood
Inquisitors: Grand Inquisitor, Seventh Sister, Eighth Brother and Fifth Brother

Inquisitors get full rest after each fight.

1. Kylo Ren
2. Ven Zallow
3. Qui-Gon Jinn
4. Darth Malak
5. Darth Malgus
6. Count Dooku

carthage
mmm

UCanShootMyNova
Malgus.

DarthDuelist9
Kylo so low sad On-topic: Probably 5 Malgus

TenebrousWay
Ven Zallow was one of the most celebrated Jedi of his time and fought toe to toe against one of the greatest warriors produced by the Sith order in it's entire existence. Meanwhile, the GI was said he wouldn't fare well in a era like the CW, where trained Jedi were abundant.

There's also little to suggest that the inquisitors, bar the GI, are much above the sith warriors Zallow blitzed while deflecting some blaster bolts in the meantime.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Meanwhile, the GI was said he wouldn't fare well in a era like the CW, where trained Jedi were abundant.

Can I get the quote?

Ursumeles
Meanwhile, the GI was said he wouldn't fare well in a era like the CW, where trained Jedi were abundant.

Yep. It only was the Prime of the Jedi.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Yep. It only was the Prime of the Jedi.

Which means he isn't a match for the likes of Zallow or Jinn. His padawan-hunters lackeys aren't of much use either. smile

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Can I get the quote?

I'll see if I can find it again.

Ursumeles
Which means he isn't a match for the likes of Zallow or Jinn. His padawan-hunters lackeys aren't of much use either. smile
Nah, I was only loling @"era like the CW, where trained Jedi were abundant. "
Obviously the GI is sh!t smile

ares834
Well, according to Filoni, he should be roughly Ventress tier. So nah.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by ares834
Well, according to Filoni, he should be roughly Ventress tier. So nah.
Well, IIRC Filoni has Stass Allie > Luke, so... smile

TenebrousWay

Well, but the context of the quote hints exactly to that direction - that the GI would've some hardships against fully trained Jedi.

ares834
Well, IIRC Filoni has Stass Allie > Luke, so... smile

The difference is both the GI and Canon!Ventress are his characters. Regardless, you're calling the GI shit because of a quote Filoni said. A quote, mind you, that comes from the very same interview where he says the best Inq would be slightly below Ventress.

UCanShootMyNova
Well, but the context of the quote hints exactly to that direction - that the GI would've some hardships against fully trained Jedi.

The quote from Filoni states that Vader is called in to face a Jedi on the caliber of Kenobi.

Inquisitors are not incapable of facing Jedi above that level. It's just that they're not trained to be able to handle threats above that level with 100% certainty unless Sidious was willing to train them further ( which he wasn't as he didn't want them becoming a thread ).

Darth Thor

But GI was one of those trained Jedi...

Perhaps Filoni meant due to the sheer number of trained Jedi in that era, that GI wouldn't survive long there going around hunting Jedi.

TenebrousWay
The difference is both the GI and Canon!Ventress are his characters. Regardless, you're calling the GI shit because of a quote Filoni said. A quote, mind you, that comes from the very same interview where he says the best Inq would be slightly below Ventress.

There's also a quote where Filoni (I'm almost sure) says wouldn't fare well in a era like the Clone Wars

ares834
The quote from Filoni states that Vader is called in to face a Jedi on the caliber of Kenobi.

Inquisitors are not incapable of facing Jedi above that level. It's just that they're not trained to be able to handle threats above that level with 100% certainty unless Sidious was willing to train them further ( which he wasn't as he didn't want them becoming a thread ).

There is another with RFR where he states the Inquisitors wouldn't have fared that well in the Clone Wars.

There's also a quote where Filoni (I'm almost sure) says wouldn't fare well in a era like the Clone Wars

You're responding to the wrong person.

TenebrousWay

They failed multiple times against padawans and semi-trained knights. The 100% certainty certainly doesn't apply. lmao

TenebrousWay
There is another with RFR where he states the Inquisitors wouldn't have fared that well in the Clone Wars.

You're responding to the wrong person.

My bad, I thought you wasn't aware of the quote. smile

Darth Thor

Well Kenobi isnt exactly an ordinary trained Jedi.

UCanShootMyNova
They failed multiple times against padawans and semi-trained knights. The 100% certainty certainly doesn't apply. lmao

Because Kanan is beyond the level of a Jedi padawan or even a normal knight.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well Kenobi isnt exactly an ordinary trained Jedi.

Exactly.

Emperordmb
Syn, hangouts

UCanShootMyNova
Sure.

|King Joker|
I'm honestly not even sure if the Inquisitors could pass Kylo.

Ursumeles
Yeah, no, I don't use his Interview to call the GI sh!t.

|King Joker|
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t637695.html

RHaggis
Probably 2 or 3, no further.

TenebrousWay
Because Kanan is beyond the level of a Jedi padawan or even a normal knight.

My point still stands regarding your original quote. It's clear Vader would be the one to deal with qualified martial oriented Jedi Masters.

DarthDuelist9
My point still stands regarding your original quote. It's clear Vader would be the one to deal with qualified martial oriented Jedi Masters.

Then why whould Filoni say that the best of the Inquisitors is near Ventress, someone who proved herself to skilled for most Jedi during TCW? The general idea most of the times is that a Jedi Master > Knight > Padawan but we've seen plenty of times when this hierarchy gets bypassed by talented characters.

ares834
Yeah, no, I don't use his Interview to call the GI sh!t.

erm

Ursumeles
erm
I don't think he's sh!t based on this interview, but because he doesn't impresses me erm

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Then why whould Filoni say that the best of the Inquisitors is near Ventress, someone who proved herself to skilled for most Jedi during TCW? The general idea most of the times is that a Jedi Master > Knight > Padawan but we've seen plenty of times when this hierarchy gets bypassed by talented characters.

He's the same dude who said they wouldn't fare well in the Clone Wars because the Jedi were abundant. Plus, their performances against the rebels are suspicious, at minimum, to assume they could take talented masters without Vader.

I stand by my point:

The GI can take talented Knights and Masters that aren't martially oriented. The others would be used to hunt average Knights and padawans.

For someone like Aayla, Kit, etc, they'd need Vader to do the job.

The chain of command works really well this way, does have empiric corroboration and doesn't contradict that much his quote about the GI and Ventress.

DarthDuelist9
He's the same dude who said they wouldn't fare well in the Clone Wars because the Jedi were abundant. Plus, their performances against the rebels are suspicious, at minimum, to assume they could take talented masters without Vader.

I stand by my point:

The GI can take talented Knights and Masters that aren't martially oriented. The others would be used to hunt average Knights and padawans.

For someone like Aayla, Kit, etc, they'd need Vader to do the job.

The chain of command works really well this way, does have empiric corroboration and doesn't contradict that much his quote about the GI and Ventress.

It does since Ventress's better than most Jedi Masters besides Obi-Wan, Mace, ... and characters from that caliber and combine that how the Seventh Sister performed comparable to Season 2 Kanan and you can get a good picture of them. The 5th and 6th Brother were trash and the 8th Brother didn't appear to much but he was outduelled by Kanan, there's a difference between each of them.

Beniboybling
Ventress would ragdoll the GI, yeah.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
It does since Ventress's better than most Jedi Masters besides Obi-Wan, Mace, ... and characters from that caliber and combine that how the Seventh Sister performed comparable to Season 2 Kanan and you can get a good picture of them. The 5th and 6th Brother were trash and the 8th Brother didn't appear to much but he was outduelled by Kanan, there's a difference between each of them.

His Ventress quote is clearly contradicted by the following line ares834 brough up, that the Inquisitors wouldn't fare well in an era like the Clone Wars. We know for a fact Ventress would cruise the Clone Wars with the exception of the big ones like Anakin, Obi Wan, Maul, etc. There's a clearly contradiction about being almost Ventress level and having difficulty against fully trained Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.