Angel Dust vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Steve has his shield, who wins?

Personally I think the First Avenger takes it but it's close either way.

950Killer
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Steve has his shield, who wins?

Personally I think the First Avenger takes it but it's close either way.

angel dust from the movie "deadpool"?

h1a8
There is no way Steve is beating her. She got hit hard by Colossus with no damage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No damage? She was getting seriously worn down and even felt a headbutt from Wade. If Steve punches her she'll definitely notice, and if he bashes her in the face with his shield she'll be reeling. She has the stat advantage but between his speed, strength and Shield I can totally see him wearing her down and taking the win. He did incredibly well against Ultron and Iron Man in his last two movies and they have way more versatility than her and Stark is on her level stat wise (And more durable imo).

And based on the homecoming trailer, Steves performance against Spider-Man is even more impressive. Just from that trailer alone I wouldn't be surprised if Parker isn't stronger than Colossus by feats at the end.

Silent Master
You have to forgive h1, he views feats based on how much he likes a character, rather than what the feats actually show.

Henry_Pym
laughing out loud

Yeah, Steve wins eventually. He has beaten better.

Utrigita
As I see it Angel Dust and Colossus simply lack feats, the results of them not really having their own movie to shine in. I have no clue whether or not Angel Dust can defeat CA. Her blows had no lasting effect on Colossus, and while she was a significantly better figther, his strength and durability allowed him to just power through, and smash her around. How she will handle a less durable, but more skilled fighter should be interesting.

TheVaultDweller
And based on the homecoming trailer, Steves performance against Spider-Man is even more impressive. Just from that trailer alone I wouldn't be surprised if Parker isn't stronger than Colossus by feats at the end.

Peter's jet bridge catch is already way better than anything Colossus has done onscreen.

John Murdoch
No damage? She was getting seriously worn down and even felt a headbutt from Wade. If Steve punches her she'll definitely notice, and if he bashes her in the face with his shield she'll be reeling. She has the stat advantage but between his speed, strength and Shield I can totally see him wearing her down and taking the win. He did incredibly well against Ultron and Iron Man in his last two movies and they have way more versatility than her and Stark is on her level stat wise (And more durable imo).

All of this. The Captain with his shield has enough strength and skill to KO Angel. If she gets him in a grapple CA is in trouble, but I don't see him letting that happen.

h1a8

And based on the homecoming trailer, Steves performance against Spider-Man is even more impressive. Just from that trailer alone I wouldn't be surprised if Parker isn't stronger than Colossus by feats at the end. I guarantee that Steve can do nothing to her but tickle her. You can't play the lowball her and highball Steve con game. I can make Spider-Man phuck Superman up with that game.
So if Wade actually affected her significantly then either its a testament to his strength (not a low showing for her) OR it's simply a contradictory low showing. Since wade hasn't any other feats of superhuman strength and durability then its simply a low showing.

The fact that she is akin to being steel hard and tanked powerful punches from Colossus with no visible damage implies that Steve can do nothing to her, even if he hits her with the shield.

She can simply grab him (he's helpless then) and kill him easily. She has great fighting skill and isn't slow in any means.

This is spite fight.

BruceSkywalker
As someone who has actually these films, Steve takes this...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
I guarantee that Steve can do nothing to her but tickle her. You can't play the lowball her and highball Steve con game. I can make Spider-Man phuck Superman up with that game.
So if Wade actually affected her significantly then either its a testament to his strength (not a low showing for her) OR it's simply a contradictory low showing. Since wade hasn't any other feats of superhuman strength and durability then its simply a low showing.

The fact that she is akin to being steel hard and tanked powerful punches from Colossus with no visible damage implies that Steve can do nothing to her, even if he hits her with the shield.

She can simply grab him (he's helpless then) and kill him easily. She has great fighting skill and isn't slow in any means.

This is spite fight.

Based on what? She's nothing durability wise to support that. Colossus was beating her down despite her far greater fighting skills and we saw a low level meta affect her.

What lowball highball game? I'm using her appearances from one movie with one creative time you clown. What kind of logic is that? We have a great understanding of Wades strength level and the only other comparison is Colossus' claim to fame is knocking Deadpool into a car and tossing a tire. Both of which Steve can accomplish with similar results at this point.

Every bit of evidence indicates she isn't Steel hard you clown. When she went up against someone who actually is Steel hard, we saw the outcome.

She can't simply grab him because he's far more agile and superior in skill. And to say he'a helpless is ridiculous. Iron Man stat wise is more or less Colossus level (Very generous here to Piotr) and superior in overall formidability and he did well (Albeit with Stark holding back a lot)

John Murdoch
TBH, I can't think of any fictional movie character that has had such a major power creep in feats like Captain America (barring outliers - for instance, Neo, but his was due to plot development and character arc).

Marvel has to get him pumped up to face off against Thanos. That's why he went from struggling to bend catwalk rails and jumping over chasms in First Avenger to pulling down helicopters and fighting Iron Man and Spider-Man in Civil War.

And that's the ultimate point here: Steve has too many feats from his 5 movies to back up how formidable he is as an opponent now. He's more skilled, stronger, and more versatile by feats.

I agree with H1 in this point: IF Angel Dust can grapple with Steve and get him in some kind of hold, Steve could be in trouble. However, Steve's fighting style is a far cry from Colossus' fighting style.

As well, Steve won't be holding back and trying to talk down Angel. I think that should be said. He's going for an incapacitation.

h1a8
Based on what? She's nothing durability wise to support that. Colossus was beating her down despite her far greater fighting skills and we saw a low level meta affect her.

What lowball highball game? I'm using her appearances from one movie with one creative time you clown. What kind of logic is that? We have a great understanding of Wades strength level and the only other comparison is Colossus' claim to fame is knocking Deadpool into a car and tossing a tire. Both of which Steve can accomplish with similar results at this point.

Every bit of evidence indicates she isn't Steel hard you clown. When she went up against someone who actually is Steel hard, we saw the outcome.

She can't simply grab him because he's far more agile and superior in skill. And to say he'a helpless is ridiculous. Iron Man stat wise is more or less Colossus level (Very generous here to Piotr) and superior in overall formidability and he did well (Albeit with Stark holding back a lot)

Colossus>>>>>>Cap in punching. Not only is Colussus fist HARDER but he's stronger. She was getting affected and worn down but there was no damage. From my estimation it would have taken many more hits to put her down.

Let's do the math. 1 hit from Colossus > several hits from Cap. That means she will barely be affected by Cap. The fact that Colossus knocked her through the air that far is a testament to his strength. But she was ok. So her getting knocked MANY FEET through the air by being hit in the face by a steel hard fist with no damage and back up to fight like almost nothing happened PROVES her durability.

This is not comic Cap. Agility and speed is based off VISUAL agility and speed. Characters are subject to real physics of the speed of gravity. That means the moment a character enters the air onscreen, they will be falling at a very slow rate.

Cap (the actor) used human acting speed in most of his scenes. Far slower than actual professional fighters. She has displayed faster visual speed in some cases (she's a REAL professional fighter). There is absolutely no way she can't easily grab him or take his shield away.

The Cap feat against IM wasn't a relevant showing. Cap and WS teamed up on him. Plus IM was trying to blast Steve, not use MMA. Angel could just grab the shield and manhandle Steve. Plus she displayed MMA fighting. One she grabs Steve it's over.

TethAdamTheRock
AngelDust

FrothByte
Originally posted by John Murdoch
TBH, I can't think of any fictional movie character that has had such a major power creep in feats like Captain America (barring outliers - for instance, Neo, but his was due to plot development and character arc).

Marvel has to get him pumped up to face off against Thanos. That's why he went from struggling to bend catwalk rails and jumping over chasms in First Avenger to pulling down helicopters and fighting Iron Man and Spider-Man in Civil War.

And that's the ultimate point here: Steve has too many feats from his 5 movies to back up how formidable he is as an opponent now. He's more skilled, stronger, and more versatile by feats.

I agree with H1 in this point: IF Angel Dust can grapple with Steve and get him in some kind of hold, Steve could be in trouble. However, Steve's fighting style is a far cry from Colossus' fighting style.

As well, Steve won't be holding back and trying to talk down Angel. I think that should be said. He's going for an incapacitation.

Actually, I think they pumped him up so he could take on IM. Cap should have no business being able to keep up with Ultron in fisticuffs... and yet he did so.

Angel Dust SHOULD beat Cap. Anyone capable of going toe to toe with Colossus is clearly stronger than Cap. And yet with the way Cap has been handled recently, I can't really see him losing anytime soon. I just hope Marvel never decides to have a Cap vs. Thor match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.