Bengel Morr's Hero of Tython Quote - Scaling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nfactor1995
So Bengel Morr was a Jedi Knight (former padawan of Orgus Din, the most battle seasoned and experienced Jedi at the time) who was present in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant during the Imperial attack (for reference).

Following his defeat at the hands of the Hero of Tython on Tython, Bengel says that the HoT is the most powerful Jedi he has ever known.

Now, given that previously Bengel was present at the Jedi Temple with people like Zallow prior to and during the attack on Coruscant, could this quote possibly scale the HoT (as of early Act I) above Zallow?

DarthAnt66
I think Morr thought of himself as among the greatest of the greats, hence why he would then consider his superior the literal greatest.

darthbane77
Morr was pretty arrogant yeah, I think Ant has the right idea. Plus, unless anybody claims that HoT as of Act 1 can contend with Deceived Malgus, the discussion ends there.

nfactor1995
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I think Morr thought of himself as among the greatest of the greats, hence why he would then consider his superior the literal greatest.

Well he basically rag-dolled Orgus Din. All he said about himself is he spent a lifetime searching for the secrets to power, so I'm not sure that's like unusually arrogant. Just wondering though.

SunRazer
Pretty sure his ragdolling of Orgus wasn't legit.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
Pretty sure his ragdolling of Orgus wasn't legit. Why?

Petrus
If there exists proof that Morr is as powerful as he claims, there is room for that assumption. Can we, though?

S_W_LeGenD
Bengel Morr was the only Jedi who made it out alive from the raid on Jedi Temple. So there's that.

Trocity
Bengel Morr is straight shit tier, who cares about his opinion? Legit.

Geistalt
Pretty sure his ragdolling of Orgus wasn't legit. ^either a dumbass or tryna troll.

nfactor1995
Thoughts?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by darthbane77
Morr was pretty arrogant yeah, I think Ant has the right idea. Plus, unless anybody claims that HoT as of Act 1 can contend with Deceived Malgus, the discussion ends there.

Well, I mean, he can. Not on Tython though, lmao.

darthbane77
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well, I mean, he can. Not on Tython though, lmao. End of Act 1 HoT MIGHT be able to contend with Malgus, if Darth Angral was really more powerful than Malgus at the time, scaling would put HoT Act 1 above Malgus. But other than that, there really isn't any evidence to suggest he could.

NewGuy01
That's pretty fair evidence by itself.

darthbane77
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's pretty fair evidence by itself. True, and my views have changed on the protags in recent months, I'm just saying there's nothing really solid. You could argue that Angral is > Deceived Malgus, which I personally believe, but there's just as much evidence against it as well.

nfactor1995
End of Act 1 HoT MIGHT be able to contend with Malgus, if Darth Angral was really more powerful than Malgus at the time, scaling would put HoT Act 1 above Malgus. But other than that, there really isn't any evidence to suggest he could.

Is there specific evidence to suggest that Tython HoT COULDN'T contend with Malgus? HoT was pretty hyped by the game even as of his Tython incarnation (being the most powerful and having the highest potential of any padawan the Order has seen in generations, defeating flesh raiders and two dark Jedi with only a practice saber, something that wowed Orgus Din etc.). Then coupled with the Bengel Morr quote, and it at least seems somewhat plausible to draw this conclusion.

darthbane77
Originally posted by nfactor1995
Is there specific evidence to suggest that Tython HoT COULDN'T contend with Malgus? HoT was pretty hyped by the game even as of his Tython incarnation (being the most powerful and having the highest potential of any padawan the Order has seen in generations, defeating flesh raiders and two dark Jedi with only a practice saber, something that wowed Orgus Din etc.). Then coupled with the Bengel Morr quote, and it at least seems somewhat plausible to draw this conclusion. There's evidence to be sure, for either side. It all depends on your stances on other characters. Like I said, if you hold Angral>Deceived Malgus, then it's easy to do scaling for HoT>Angral>Deceived Malgus.

AncientPower
Can we also acknowledge Act 1 Hero of Tython > Aryn Leneer ~ Decieved Malgus? thumb up

darthbane77
Originally posted by AncientPower
Can we also acknowledge Act 1 Hero of Tython > Aryn Leneer ~ Decieved Malgus? thumb up Eeeeh, maybe. I'm not so sure Aryn is Malgus' equal, given that she did lose. I will say that I hold her above Ven Zallow though. Just based purely on their performances against Malgus.

TenebrousWay
You could argue that Angral is > Deceived Malgus, which I personally believe, but there's just as much evidence against it as well.

Angral? The guy that lost to Baras. The same Baras Satele managed to stalemate in their brief encounter. The same Satele that was stomped by Malgus twice? lol

NewGuy01
It's not exactly fair to equate Satele and Baras because they clashed blades for a panel or two.

TenebrousWay
Much better than anything that may suggest Angral = Deceived Malgus. lol

darthbane77
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Angral? The guy that lost to Baras. The same Baras Satele managed to stalemate in their brief encounter. The same Satele that was stomped by Malgus twice? lol On the grounds that Malgus seemed to have a heavy respect for Angral. Either out of fear, knowing Angral was more powerful, or out of respect for chain of command. It's not real solid, but it is SOMETHING.

TenebrousWay
If Angral were more powerful he wouldn't need to invoke the name of the Emperor to assure Malgus compliance when he discovered about the treaty. There's also the fact that Angral was much more influent in the Sith politics, even having the favor of Vitiate himself (who considered a useful tool) - while Malgus was isolated due to his philosophy, especially after Ord Radama, when the Dark Council refused to send him supplies, despite his victories and blamed him afterwards.

Rockydonovang
didn't angral get ragdolled by zallow?
edit: confused him with adraas nvm

darthbane77
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
If Angral were more powerful he wouldn't need to invoke the name of the Emperor to assure Malgus compliance when he discovered about the treaty. There's also the fact that Angral was much more influent in the Sith politics, even having the favor of Vitiate himself (who considered a useful tool) - while Malgus was isolated due to his philosophy, especially after Ord Radama, when the Dark Council refused to send him supplies, despite his victories and blamed him afterwards. I'm not saying I disagree, just that it's something to consider.

SunRazer
Given that Baras one-shotted Angral after the Sacking of Coruscant, that puts Malgus either surprisingly low or Baras surprisingly high. Neither makes a lot of sense; Angral has no direct comparison with Malgus at all.

darthbane77
Given that Baras one-shotted Angral after the Sacking of Coruscant, that puts Malgus either surprisingly low or Baras surprisingly high. Neither makes a lot of sense; Angral has no direct comparison with Malgus at all. Quote for the Baras feat?

Ursumeles
https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/5393206-rco028_1470110179.jpg
I suppose.

Petrus
Wow, Baras got so fat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.