Nobu vs Arrow gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Henry_Pym
Nobu is sent by the Hand to investigate reports of the league's weakening following the death of Ra's. He is looking for Nyssa but the Arrow gang are going to protect her. Nobu gets only a few hours of rest between fights.

Round 1) Terrific & Wild Dog
Round 2.) Diggle and his wife
Round 3.) The Lance Sisters
Round 4.) Speedy, Malcolm & Roy
Round 5.) Ragman
Round 6.) Ollie
Round 7.) Nyssa
Bonus Round.) Ra's Al Ghul (Nobu fully healed/rested)

TheVaultDweller
If Laurel gets her canary cry gear, he might stop there. They don't seem to do much permanent damage, but they can seriously stun people, which would give Sara a good opening. I don't see him ever beating Ragman, to be honest. He's too durable. He's taken gunfire, explosives, and those rags even protected him from the Havenrock nuke, which wiped out everyone else there.

Henry_Pym
I'd take the nuke as a huge outlier, but come to think of it I don't think Ragman has ever been shown in danger.

TheVaultDweller
Well, it still happened in the show. So, according to the show, those rags are even nuke proof. But it is true. No one who has gotten in Ragman's way has had him in even a remote amount of trouble yet. He generally stands there, soaks up whatever damage they try to dish out, before casually ragdolling (hehe) them around, or pinning them down. I personally consider him to be the most powerful member currently on Team Arrow, and by some margin.

Henry_Pym
If you take that at face value he is more powerful than Supergirl.

TheVaultDweller
And what's your alternative? Just ignoring something we factually know happened in the show? He even described how his father wrapped him in the rags and how they protected him.

In any case, Nobu doesn't have even remotely nuke level output. And he hasn't done anything onscreen to suggest he could hurt Ragman, even just based on visible feats. Because Ragman has tanked arrows, bullets and other explosions (smaller than a nuke), without any issues.

Henry_Pym
We have no idea how the rags protected him, or if it is something he could do at a moments notice.

TheVaultDweller
He specifically stated that his father wrapped him in the rags, and before Rory had gained any real familiarity with it. He wasn't even Ragman at that point. Here is the actual conversation. The relevant bit starts at 2:45 odd:

RzqSXlvjHEA

Henry_Pym
That doesn't disprove my point.

It's kinda like using the dark aster scene for a Groot defense feat. We know it took time to do. We know nothing about the nuke scene and it's so grossly over the bounds of the universe that arrow is showing.

TheVaultDweller
How exactly is it "grossly over bounds"? This is the exact same universe as The Flash & Legends of Tomorrow. The same universe where Firestorm has absorbed a nuclear detonation onscreen.

wakkawakkawakka
Why is Nyssa above Oliver and Sara in this gauntlet? The former is a solid tier above her via screen feats and Sara had a pretty hefty h2h upgrade mid season 1 of Legends.

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
How exactly is it "grossly over bounds"? This is the exact same universe as The Flash & Legends of Tomorrow. The same universe where Firestorm has absorbed a nuclear detonation onscreen. because the comic book version is sub captain America. Sure, but you would be obtuse to not admit that the shows do all they can to differentiate between their respective brands. Ollie not counting cross overs has fought one real meta and 2 super humans in five seasons.

@ Wak

Nyssa was the target, the gauntlet wasn't based on ability.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
because the comic book version is sub captain America. Sure, but you would be obtuse to not admit that the shows do all they can to differentiate between their respective brands. Ollie not counting cross overs has fought one real meta and 2 super humans in five seasons.

This is not the comic version. You know as well as I do that comic and tv/movie versions of characters are judged separately on these boards, unless someone specifically mentions a composite version.

Which they address during the actual crossover. He mentions how he feels like he is losing control over "normalcy", and that he feels like the world is reaching a point where regular guys like him are becoming obsolete. He and Thea still have a conversation about how they don't actually have powers in a world with more and more powerful metahumans are emerging, and now even aliens. So, they have actually addressed that topic in the show. Like it or not, they are part of the same universe where guys exist who can create city-size tsunamis, or absorb nuclear blasts. And last season's plot literally involved Damien Darhk potentially wiping out nearly all humanity, so they have pushed up the stakes there as well.

Anyway, I feel like we are veering a bit off-topic here. As I mentioned, Ragman's actual onscreen durability feats are more than enough to deal with Nobu. He uses a shoge hook and throwing stars, neither of which would do anything to Rory, based on him pretty much laughing off bullets, arrows, and that demo charge Prometheus (Or was it that other masked guy running around, with the guns? Can't be arsed to double-check right now) left in that one room, when Rory protected the DA and his men from the blast. Nobu is a much better fighter, but that is totally negated when your opponents can just soak up your attacks, grab you at range with his rag tentacles, and casually fling you around.

Henry_Pym
Fair enough on the first part.

Do you think Ragman can drop Nobu, in the spirit of the thread he needs to protect Nyssa?

TheVaultDweller
Drop him to prevent Nobu from killing her? Probably. Nyssa isn't exactly useless herself. So, Rory wouldn't have to pay as much attention to her as he might a random civilian. Give Nobu a couple of his Hand guys to back him up, and then things become a lot more difficult for Ragman. I doubt they would pose that much of a threat to him, personally, but he would have difficulty dealing with all of them, while also trying to keep her safe.

TheVaultDweller
Just to clarify, part of the reason I think things would become much more difficult for Ragman, if you added some of Nobu's foot soldiers, is not just the numbers game. Like I said, Nyssa herself is not useless, so, under normal circumstances, she could probably fend for herself quite a bit.

But, while Nobu didn't seem to care much for its use, his ninja troops have a pretty big ace-in-the-hole against opponents who aren't familiar with them; their habit of using poisoned weapons, especially when they are specifically out to kill someone (and, given these stips, I would definitely say it's a scenario they'd use the poison). So, one of them would just need to tag her once, while some of them keep Rory busy, and it's game over.

cdtm
Stops at 1.

Supermutant
Stops at 5, although he would beat 7 and possibly 6 & bonus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.