Team Flash vs Iron Monger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Henry_Pym
Obadiah has decided to move Stark industries to a new location and with it many of the criminal meta's of central city are being found murdered with reports of a giant mechanical monster being responsible.

Can team Barry take down Tony's first opponent?

NotAllThatEvil
Yes.

juggerman
Pretty easily

BruceSkywalker
providing isn't a self loathing dick, then yes

Henry_Pym
Just wondering how you see it?

TheVaultDweller
Depends on the level of PIS/CIS involved. But if all of Team Flash is onboard, and we aren't putting the Dunce hat on Barry, they should be able to take out Iron Monger.

Given the crap that Cisco can build, he could probably pull something out of his a$$ that temporarily disabled the suit, giving Flash time to detach a few bits (like Tony did in the film, forcing him to open the suit and expose himself). And once he is exposed, it's game over.

Edit: Actually, just send Caitlin. We saw how poorly that suit handles extreme cold. stick out tongue

Henry_Pym
That was my original idea, but I can't imagine her freezing him while dodging his attacks. Monger could miss her and still kill her, not to mention that I don't see Barry ripping open a suit that was capable of overpowering Tony's. Tony tanked a tank round in that movie.

TheVaultDweller
Tony jumped on his back and detached some of the targeting system wires, forcing him to open up the suit, so that he could see. It's not like he was just pulling pieces off. He was getting his ass kicked up until that point. Plus, Barry has used phasing to destroy machinery before, like in the episode where RF captures that one scientist to help him get home. Barry phases his hand into the one panel, damaging it and pulling some bits out. At about 1:20, here:

eG-BvG1Q-nU

He also used phasing/vibration to split metal cuffs during the s2 finale. At around 2:48:

DVRM5PdwEdA

So, he has potential options. And Barry could distract him, so that Caitlin could try to get close. I agree that she would get absolutely murdered if she pitched up alone. My initial comment about sending her was meant more tongue in cheek.

TheVaultDweller
Was just thinking, but another thing to consider is Cisco's almost superhuman ability to build virtually anything the team requires and, in this case, doing something that could do permanent damage to the suit. I wouldn't be surprised if he could build a mini-EMP or something, if necessary. He's made more ridiculous tech than that before, while on the show. Ultimately, a single big mech suit is a lot more limited in options than the entire Team Flash is. Not to mention Stane was not exactly a combat tactics master.

Surtur
Since Barry has used phasing to destroy machinery then I don't think Cisco will be needed.

KingD19
Cisco is also a BFR option. Have him on standby and open a portal that the rest of the team force Monger into.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.