Kenobi's Prime?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
When was it, ROTS or ANH?

Fated Xtasy
"When was Kenobi at his prime? When he was young, powerful, fighting in a war and contending with the Chosen One? Or after years of inaction with very likely to-be atrophied skills?"

Hmmm... Difficult to say

http://data.whicdn.com/images/213586866/large.gif

carthage
ROTS

UCanShootMyNova
RotS.

cdtm
ANH.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
ANH. laughing out loud

Rebel95
ROTS probably, but there's nothing that proves he got weaker.

SunRazer
In Legends, he's confirmed to have gotten stronger in the Force but worse in regards to speed and skill.

ares834
He is certainly no longer the warrior he once was.

"I'm getting too old for this sort of thing."

Ursumeles
RotS, in Legends.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Ursumeles
RotS, in Legends. Or his fight with A'Sharad.

darthbane77
Originally posted by SunRazer
In Legends, he's confirmed to have gotten stronger in the Force but worse in regards to speed and skill. Is there a quote for that?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
"When was Kenobi at his prime? When he was young, powerful, fighting in a war and contending with the Chosen One? Or after years of inaction with very likely to-be atrophied skills?"

Hmmm... Difficult to say

http://data.whicdn.com/images/213586866/large.gif Force users often become better with age, and there are examples of old Force users being superior to younger ones, so the question was legitimate. Nice attempt at insult though.

relentless1
is this even a question? ROTS easily

relentless1
Originally posted by Rebel95
ROTS probably, but there's nothing that proves he got weaker.

how about Vaders quote: your powers are weak old man, you should not have come back"

MythLord
RotS. He's at the peak of his sex-appeal there.

ILS
It's hard to reconcile Vader supposedly being > Anakin but Ben < Obi-Wan, especially in light of Maul and Ahsoka.

SunRazer
Originally posted by ILS
It's hard to reconcile Vader supposedly being > Anakin

Well, the only quotes saying that refer to power or mastery. As far as lightsaber ability goes, it's definitely the reverse.

The Merchant
If we go by Lucas's intention for the prequel trilogy, Jedi/Sith in those films>OT ones. He made a comparison how the Prequels are the prime of the Jedi while in the OT the force users running around are cripples, young boys, and old men.

|King Joker|
As far as lightsaber ability goes, it's definitely the reverse. I really doubt that's the direction canon is going in.

SunRazer
I was discussing Legends. Canon has Vader being weaker than Anakin as well according to the website, IIRC. And Lucas designing Anakin to be stronger than Vader in lightsaber combat. Granted, Disney doesn't necessarily have to follow Lucas' design, but until there's a blatant contradiction, it stands.

|King Joker|
Canon has Vader being weaker than Anakin as well according to the website, IIRC. Quote? confused

And Lucas designing Anakin to be stronger than Vader in lightsaber combat. Granted, Disney doesn't necessarily have to follow Lucas' design, but until there's a blatant contradiction, it stands. Maybe, but Lucas also intended for Anakin to be the superior combatant in general compared to Vader, right? If canon is seemingly diverging from Lucas's opinion there, going for Vader > Anakin and all, Lucas's opinion regarding Anakin's lightsaber ability compared to Vader's isn't that relevant.

cs_zoltan
RotS for now, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it's ANH in Disney Canon.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Quote? confusedhttp://i.imgur.com/ahTWNuk.png

Rebel95
Originally posted by relentless1
how about Vaders quote: your powers are weak old man, you should not have come back"
Yeah true. But Obi wan also says since the last time they fought that Vader's powers have matured, and that he's grown as well. He could just be talking about his ability to become one with the force though.

Petrus
Forcewise: Vader > Anakin.
Saberwise: Anakin > Vader.

It's the same with ANH and ROTS Kenobi, probably.

Darth Thor
Canon has Vader being weaker than Anakin as well according to the website, IIRC.

Nah that just confirms ROTS Machine Vader being weaker than ROTS Human Anakin/Vader.

Originally posted by ares834
He is certainly no longer the warrior he once was.

"I'm getting too old for this sort of thing."

Can't really go by that, as Ben was just trying to convince Luke to start his training.

relentless1
Originally posted by Rebel95
He could just be talking about his ability to become one with the force though.

yeah thats how I saw it too, Bens specific words are "if you strike me down I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine"

Darth Abonis
ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.