The Mountain vs. Achilles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Pure swordfight (No armor for either)

Round 2: Gregor gets his golden armor, Achilles gets his sword, buckler, Helmet, and spear)

Who wins

http://highlighthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/zombie-mountain-mask-pic.jpg

vs.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ba/64/fa/ba64faed455e55a3f4e8645b54232ea7.jpg

Nibedicus
R1: Achilles easily if this is human Clegane. Won't last 10 seconds. Zombie Clegane, not sure. Dunno what the guy can do yet.

R2: Didn't read book so don't know what Clegane and his armor are capable of. Will reserve judgement til then.

juggerman
Originally posted by Nibedicus
R1: Achilles easily if this is human Clegane. Won't last 10 seconds. Zombie Clegane, not sure. Dunno what the guy can do yet.

R2: Didn't read book so don't know what Clegane and his armor are capable of. Will reserve judgement til then.

Zombie Clegane has more feats in the show than he does in the books.

I'd say Achilles in both. We see what a very skilled opponent can do to Sir Gregor. That brute force shit won't work here

Nibedicus
A good fight would be Boagrius (the giant guy at the start of Troy) and human Mountain IMO.

juggerman
Unfortunately, Boagrius has no real feats. Well I guess he threw those spears pretty damn well but I don't think he even swung that sword. The Mountain would win based on that I think

TheVaultDweller
Theokoles might be a good opponent, if you want to pit big tanks against each other, but that lack of armour will be a serious handicap in a fight.

Anyway, in this thread, Achilles should take round 1 pretty handily. He is a good deal faster and more agile than Gregor, and should be able to inflict multiple wounds, while avoiding that longsword.

Round 2 would be more challenging, as Achilles would have a far more limited amount of areas to target. But at the same time, full plate armour is heavy as f***, and would slow the Mountain down even further.

KingD19
It's stated that Mountain is so big and strong that his armor/weapons despite being super heavy don't really hamper him.

Nibedicus
Really didn't see Clegane perform any good "feats" of skill, tho. So I feel like it would be strength vs strength. Wherein I think it would be a good fight (leaning towards Clegane as well). Boagrius being 7' 351 lbs and the Mountain 6'9" 408 lbs. The actors anyway. Both are also powerlifters.

At least Boagrius can hurl spears pretty damn accurately. :-p

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
It's stated that Mountain is so big and strong that his armor/weapons despite being super heavy don't really hamper him.

Maybe not as bad relative to a normal person, but carrying like 40kg of extra weight will always have some affect on someone.

Nibedicus
Well we already saw what a fast spear wielding opponent would do to Clegane (for as long as the guy doesn't do the classic "lemme put my leg where you can grab it while my back is turned" pro-wrestling setup move).

Hmmm. Achilles vs Viper (GoT)?

relentless1
Achilles destroys in either scenario. he's too fast and agile for the big guy, he's way more skilled and he doesnt phuck around, he will go for the kill shot right away.

Khazra Reborn
Clegane couldn't handle The Viper, Achilles turns him into swiss cheese.

juggerman
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Hmmm. Achilles vs Viper (GoT)?

Done

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.